Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I'm not being too great,but I did join the gym this morning, had a good workout so am feeling the burn now! I do intend on having something nice (but bold) later, but it will be within my daily pp, so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey everyone just a quick post.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the support I really appreciate it. I don't know what was wrong with me last night I usually brush that s**t off but just she's been niggling at me since Thursday and the 'fat' comment just got to me. It seems so silly that I got upset but hey these things happen! I'm usually made of Sterner stuff but clearly how involved and the amount of planning PP takes that comment just made all of that seem insignificant and as we all know it's not. Its fecking hard! I've not told anyone I'm doing WW except for the OH my best friend @ home and the mammy so she doesn't stuff me to the gills when I call over for dinner!

Today was a way better day and I found a perfect Japanese place thats in the neighbourhood we're staying in and we're all meeting there in an hour so I can get nice food and stay within my points cos we're going to that 'pub' in Alexanderplatz later (thanks girlie for recommending we popped in earlier for a quick one and decided to head back in later!) and I'm going to use alot of my weeklies on alcohol!

As for the German girl (I've got 3 really good German friends who are all fab & then there is her who I used to work with ) but yes you're right she's not a good friend and I think it's a bit like someone else posted earlier sometimes family and friends get a bit paranoid if they themselves are big and they see you making healthy choices and limiting your portion size she seems to have pointed that insecurity back at me and like a stupid sucker I fell for it! Well no more. I went off for a romantic breakie with the other half this morning and it was great and we met up with the group a bit later to do more sightseeing (and fecking walking praise Jesus I brought the runners with me!) we were getting peckish at about 3 after being at the Jewish holocaust memorial and that particular girl wanted McD's (shes feckin obsessed with it) me and one of my really close German friends who lives in Dublin & just arrived over last night stuck our foot down and said NOPE so ended up going to Subway after I read on here that I could cope with a small one and it was tasty and filling!

Have a great saturday night out tonight anyone thats going out and as for USHER .......eh I'm Jealous!! have a ball! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

how gorgeous was today!!!! got up at 8 this morn and was out walking about 8.15 home and all by 9:Dall the recipes look yum,,will try some out this week>Hope everyone has a great night tonight,,i'll be staying at home with a few bottle of bud lite and a dvd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

giving the oil soaked spanish dinner party a miss tonight! Splitting headache from allergies...and I really just don't want to be eating all that delicious but point obliterating food!

Had lunch with a friend today...nearly all my points for the day gone :O cos i had 2 ginger breadmen (5pp each) with a few coffees after lunch! eeeeek!

So staying at home with my Quorn Cottage pie for 11pp...and even with that i'll be eating into my weekly points by 4pp! Enjoy your Saturday night everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i know we dont count fruit anymore, but if a person ate 500 grms of grapes while reading two newspapers when the house was quit today ,should i have counted them. they are 2ppoints for 100gr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    giving the oil soaked spanish dinner party a miss tonight! Splitting headache from allergies...and I really just don't want to be eating all that delicious but point obliterating food!

Had lunch with a friend today...nearly all my points for the day gone :O cos i had 2 ginger breadmen (5pp each) with a few coffees after lunch! eeeeek!

So staying at home with my Quorn Cottage pie for 11pp...and even with that i'll be eating into my weekly points by 4pp! Enjoy your Saturday night everyone!

i usually have a chicken breast marinated in cayenne pepper, garlic and black pepper, dry fried with loads of veg when i'm short on points. :)

Dee01 wrote: »
    i usually have a chicken breast marinated in cayenne pepper, garlic and black pepper, dry fried with loads of veg when i'm short on points. :)

i hate veg :( had my cottage pie...nicely stuffed to the brim :) Hmmmm just planning tomorrows "menu" . I'm really not a soup fan, but this sounds nice :)

Italian Spaghetti Soup

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Stock up on non-perishable items such as canned tomatoes, herbs and pasta. With a little creativity, you'll be able to whip up easy meals in a flash.

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    400 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned
    1 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe
    1/2 teaspoons Basil, Dried, Ground, dried
    1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Oregano, dried
    1 3/4 pint(s) Water, (1 litre)
    2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable
    150 g Pasta, White, Dried, (spaghetti)

Mist a large saucepan with cooking spray and gently heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and oregano and bring to the boil
    Add water and stock cubes, and bring to the boil.
    Break spaghetti into short pieces, add to soup and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Serve.

i hate veg :( had my cottage pie...nicely stuffed to the brim :) Hmmmm just planning tomorrows "menu" . I'm really not a soup fan, but this sounds nice :)

Italian Spaghetti Soup

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min

Stock up on non-perishable items such as canned tomatoes, herbs and pasta. With a little creativity, you'll be able to whip up easy meals in a flash.

2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    400 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned
    1 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe
    1/2 teaspoons Basil, Dried, Ground, dried
    1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Oregano, dried
    1 3/4 pint(s) Water, (1 litre)
    2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable
    150 g Pasta, White, Dried, (spaghetti)

Mist a large saucepan with cooking spray and gently heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and oregano and bring to the boil
    Add water and stock cubes, and bring to the boil.
    Break spaghetti into short pieces, add to soup and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Serve.
    Stupid question perhaps lainy but is that 4 pp for the whole pot or per portion? I'm guessing for the whole pot, so it would be 1 pp per bowl? Looks lovely and quite filling I'd imagine :)

m'lady wrote: »
    Stupid question perhaps lainy but is that 4 pp for the whole pot or per portion? I'm guessing for the whole pot, so it would be 1 pp per bowl? Looks lovely and quite filling I'd imagine :)

its four servings of 4pp

(the 150g of pasta alone would be 15pp)

must of been a typo on the site...they should have said ProPoints Value: 16pp (4pp per serving)....sorry I didnt spot that before posting

ProPoints® Per Serving: 16
    Preparation Time: 30 min
    Cooking Time: 2 hours

Nothing beats the aroma of roast pork to make you feel hungry – so enjoy the best on a Sunday.

Ingredients
    1000 g Pork, Loin Steak, lean, Raw
    4 portion(s) (medium) Potatoes, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
    2 medium Parsnip, thickly sliced
    400 g Carrots, Old, Raw, scrubbed
    2 tablespoons Oil, Olive
    4 clove(s) Garlic, cut into slivers
    1 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh, or
    1 sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground
    4 medium Apple, cored and scored around the middle
    300 g Cabbage, shredded
    4 teaspoons Gravy Powder / Granules, dry

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Put the pork into a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour.

Put the potatoes, parsnips and carrots into another large roasting pan or baking dish. Add the olive oil, garlic and thyme or rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and toss together. Place in the oven on the shelf above the meat, after it has cooked for 1 hour. After a further 15 minutes, arrange the apples around the pork.

Cook the pork for a further 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven along with the apples, and cover tightly with foil. Let it rest for 15 minutes whilst the vegetables finish roasting. At the same time, put the cabbage on to cook in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Make the gravy according to pack instructions.

Carve the pork, allowing 150g per portion. Serve with the roasted vegetables, apples, cabbage and gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

don't know what is wrong today but find ww really hard have no motivation :( and have eaten all my points for today and want to eat everything around me :pac: but i won't

is anyone else finding it hard??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

irishfm wrote: »
    don't know what is wrong today but find ww really hard have no motivation :( and have eaten all my points for today and want to eat everything around me :pac: but i won't

is anyone else finding it hard??

I get days like that too - had one only 2 days ago. Was over my points, but still wanted more. Then hubby poured himself a bowl of cereal & it looked so nice (I used to eat loads of cereal, but have really cut down), so I had a bowl too. Really enjoyed it & it left me full up, so was well worth it.

If I'm hungry, I just have to eat something. Maybe if you had something now & then went for a long walk tomorrow you won't feel so guilty about it. You won't feel like this every day & maybe it's your body telling you that it needs a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Had dinner at my parents tonight. Was good at starter time - it was dips, so had loads of raw veg, only a tiny bit of dip & about 3 crisps. For the main, I had asked for 1 piece of chicken & was given the chicken, 2 jumbo sausages & 2 lamb kebabs! Talk about trying to sabotage my diet! Didn't eat them, by the way! Had green salad & a spoonful of potato salad. Was bad & had a slice of garlic bread though! Took the heel, so there was only garlic butter on one side. I had brought my own fruit salad & my mum said that she had made one especially for me! Turns out hers was full of Cointreau, so I ate mine. I was not very popular! They know I am on WW, but they make me feel very bad about not eating what they are eating. Also resisted the homemade shortbread & cookies that came next! Off now to try & point what I did have. Hoping to get a walk in tomorrow as the weather forecast is looking good. Hope everyone is having a good (points wise;)) weekend so far!

fofany wrote: »
    Had dinner at my parents tonight. Was good at starter time - it was dips, so had loads of raw veg, only a tiny bit of dip & about 3 crisps. For the main, I had asked for 1 piece of chicken & was given the chicken, 2 jumbo sausages & 2 lamb kebabs! Talk about trying to sabotage my diet! Didn't eat them, by the way! Had green salad & a spoonful of potato salad. Was bad & had a slice of garlic bread though! Took the heel, so there was only garlic butter on one side. I had brought my own fruit salad & my mum said that she had made one especially for me! Turns out hers was full of Cointreau, so I ate mine. I was not very popular! They know I am on WW, but they make me feel very bad about not eating what they are eating. Also resisted the homemade shortbread & cookies that came next! Off now to try & point what I did have. Hoping to get a walk in tomorrow as the weather forecast is looking good. Hope everyone is having a good (points wise;)) weekend so far!

jay-zus! thats some feast your mother puts on....she's a feeder...i think all irish parents are...well from the previous generation anyway....the irish show emotion with food! Feeders! We are the result of our parents "love"

well done for resisting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

fofany wrote: »

Fair play for sticking to your guns, as i said realier I really believe those we are surrounded by dont like our good behavior cos it makes em examine their own bad behaviours. A friend of mine was married to an alcoholic for years and eventually they split up. His family had an attitude of 'sure whats the harm if he only has a few beers' - by admittingt he had a major problem they might have to look at their own alcohol addictions. My friends family all live abroad and with two small children that was the last thing she needed!!!! thankfully a year down the road she is coming on leaps and bounds and is managing on her own!!! Unfortunalty though when your problem is drink and you accept it and deal with it you can remove alcohol from you life, unfotutnatly when your thing is food this is a bit harder - you can hardly stop eating!!!!!!

On a more positive note for myself, i dipped into my weeklies for some wine last night and fought off the hangover today with fruit as opposed to a fried brekkie, and had half a portion of singapore noodles tonight out of my dailies and having wine now out of weeklies. I m proud of myself for curing my hangover with fruit - go me!!!

its four servings of 4pp

(the 150g of pasta alone would be 15pp)

must of been a typo on the site...they should have said ProPoints Value: 16pp (4pp per serving)....sorry I didnt spot that before posting

No worries,thanks. Might try it but reduce the amount of pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

happyday wrote: »

An hour of sit-ups! OMG no wonder you lost the weight. 5 mins would kill me :eek:

I got (well my mam got..but I stole) this thing like a seat pad wit rollers on the back of it to help with sit ups (i have a really bad back I've pulled every muscle possible in it over the last year! damn work!) so that helps! I watch Brothers and Sisters while I'm doing it so I can distract myself otherwise I'd be in a heap on the floor after 5 mins!;)

markievicz wrote: »
    I got (well my mam got..but I stole) this thing like a seat pad wit rollers on the back of it to help with sit ups (i have a really bad back I've pulled every muscle possible in it over the last year! damn work!) so that helps! I watch Brothers and Sisters while I'm doing it so I can distract myself otherwise I'd be in a heap on the floor after 5 mins!;)

regular sit ups will do wonders for inch lost! well done! The Ab rollers can be great....just be careful of your neck...i really hurt my neck over the summer using my ab roller....cos it was making bend and sit up at the wrong point .

The sit ups dont actually burn fat...but they are UNREAL for inch lost! :D

What i do now is hook my feet under the radiator and just do the sit ups....i might only get 10 or 11 in...but oh my god i'd be feeling it in my stomach and sides for the rest of the day....all the muscles twitching....

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

(Taken from ww.co.uk)
    Performing sit-ups gets rid of fat around the stomach
    Fact: spot reduction doesn't work. Exercising specific muscle groups in particular parts of the body doesn't burn fat from that area. Think about it... if spot reduction worked all chronic gum chewers would have thin faces.
    Fat is lost gradually from all over the body. Although sit-ups won't melt fat from your tummy they will help tighten the muscle under the fat, which makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Morning all, was looking for a nice ww recipe for something that I can take to work with me for lunch and came across these. They are gorgeous :)

Caramelised Red Onion and Goats Cheese tarts
    ProPoints® Value: 1
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 30 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These fabulous individual tarts make a perfect light meal when served with salad.

Ingredients
    2 large Onion, All Types, sliced into wedges
    1 teaspoons Sugar, Light Brown
    4 sheet(s) Pastry, Filo, Raw, (defrosted if frozen)
    50 g Cheese, Goat's
    1/8 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) (ground)
    8 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh, to garnish

Instructions
    · Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
    · Spray a nonstick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a rich golden brown. Cool.
    · Cut the pile of filo pastry sheets into eight 10cm (4 inch) squares. Spraying each separate piece with low fat cooking spray, layer them into eight muffin tins or individual flan tins. Place on a baking sheet.
    · Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the pastry is almost cooked. Spoon the onions into the tarts and share the goat’s cheese between them. Top with thyme sprigs and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
    · Season the tarts with black pepper, then serve.

Add some strips of yellow and red pepper to the onions, if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Morning everyone, another beautiful day for a walk.

Just having a 0PP smoothie (raspberries, banana, some sugar free summer fruits dilute) before I clean the flat, and I must say, I am stuffed!!! I think my stomach is starting to reduce a good bit in size because I am getting full real easily these days, yay :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Morning everyone, another beautiful day for a walk.

Just having a 0PP smoothie (raspberries, banana, some sugar free summer fruits dilute) before I clean the flat, and I must say, I am stuffed!!! I think my stomach is starting to reduce a good bit in size because I am getting full real easily these days, yay :)

Good morning! It must be in the air because last night I didn't eat as much as I would normally, I also feel my stomach is a bit flatter, or as my friend said and I found hilarious, that my belly button is a bit higher! I'm definitely going to start doing sit ups from today, will get himself to hold my feet!

Girls, need a little bit of advice.

I have only started exercising since November. I have gradually built up the distance I walk, and I can walk 3.5k quite comfortably, have also done 4k, but not that much.

I want to do the Womens Mini Marathon (10K, you can sign up from 2nd of March for anyone interested) and was wondering do you think at 15 stone 11.5lbs, that I would be able to get fit enough in time for June to do it?

I have only started exercising since November. I have gradually built up the distance I walk, and I can walk 3.5k quite comfortably, have also done 4k, but not that much.

I want to do the Womens Mini Marathon (10K, you can sign up from 2nd of March for anyone interested) and was wondering do you think at 15 stone 11.5lbs, that I would be able to get fit enough in time for June to do it?

Personally I think you'd be well able for it. The first couple of k's are really slow because there are so many people doing it so its only the stamina you would need. I really think you'd be able to do it no problem, especially if you're training for it from now. Good luck x

I say you'd be best asking in the running/marathon thread....tho i imagine they'd say fitness isnt about weight....it'll come down to the amount of training you put in...:) just make sure what ever runners you wear for the marathon are well broken in....dont go getting new runners especially for the day....unless you get them pretty soon so they're broken in by June

are joined a gym? would any of the gym instructors be able to give you (free) advice and tips?

thats FANTASTIC that you want to take on the challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

wow well done for taking on that challenge :) I did a 10k local run a couple of years ago (have had a baby since so wouldn't be doing another one just yet) but i walked in it pushing my 1 year old. its a great feeling when you cross the line. something to be proud of :D

had my son's Christening yesterday and very proud of myself eating wise. we had a meal. i had turkey and ham and a slice of the Christening cake. I had 20 daily pp left and all of my weeklies. i wouldnt have a notion how to start pointing it so am just writing off all my weeklies for it. only had a coffee and a glass of water to drink.
    oh can anyone help me with this one. I want to drink more water so bought ribena today. they only had 2 types in tesco. one was the regular one and the other was no added sugar. they are on special offer buy one get one free so i got the no added sugar one. would this be 0pp? its to dilute with the water like and i don't like it strong at all so only use a small bit. just wondering should i point it?:confused:

he he just realized i said pushing my 1 year old. i meant in his buggy pmsl :D

jackmax wrote: »
    wow well done for taking on that challenge :) I did a 10k local run a couple of years ago (have had a baby since so wouldn't be doing another one just yet) but i walked in it pushing my 1 year old. its a great feeling when you cross the line. something to be proud of :D

had my son's Christening yesterday and very proud of myself eating wise. we had a meal. i had turkey and ham and a slice of the Christening cake. I had 20 daily pp left and all of my weeklies. i wouldnt have a notion how to start pointing it so am just writing off all my weeklies for it. only had a coffee and a glass of water to drink.
    oh can anyone help me with this one. I want to drink more water so bought ribena today. they only had 2 types in tesco. one was the regular one and the other was no added sugar. they are on special offer buy one get one free so i got the no added sugar one. would this be 0pp? its to dilute with the water like and i don't like it strong at all so only use a small bit. just wondering should i point it?:confused:

i never point it. hmmm i LOVE LOVE LOVE that tesco sugar free one...nicest ones around cherries berries is the nicest :D:) its concentrate...so you can use even less of it than standard dilute... :D i've never pointed it and been drinking for the last year and half :D

Hope you had fantastic day yesterday!

I say you'd be best asking in the running/marathon thread....tho i imagine they'd say fitness isnt about weight....it'll come down to the amount of training you put in...:) just make sure what ever runners you wear for the marathon are well broken in....dont go getting new runners especially for the day....unless you get them pretty soon so they're broken in by June

are joined a gym? would any of the gym instructors be able to give you (free) advice and tips?

thats FANTASTIC that you want to take on the challenge!

Thanks everyone.

I can't afford the gym but I will defo ask the running/marathon forum aswell. And when I sign up, I will ask is there any groups (of similar ability) that go walking.

Thanks everyone.

I can't afford the gym but I will defo ask the running/marathon forum aswell. And when I sign up, I will ask is there any groups (of similar ability) that go walking.

i don't think you need to join a gym to keep fit. Walking and jogging are the way forward. Fat burning cardio and toning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i never point it. hmmm i LOVE LOVE LOVE that tesco sugar free one...nicest ones around cherries berries is the nicest :D:) its concentrate...so you can use even less of it than standard dilute... :D i've never pointed it and been drinking for the last year and half :D

Hope you had fantastic day yesterday!

I never point the sugar free one either. I vaguely remember reading in one of the books that the sugar free ones are 0.

Just had a lovely low point lunch that I can't believe I haven't thought of before.
    WW Pitta Bread - 3ppts
    2 tesco healthy living rashers - 1ppt
    1tbsp low fat mayo - 1ppt
    Then I filled it up with lots of 0ppt salady stuff, went with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Was delish and I ended up ripping the pitta bread with all the stuff that I put in it. Stuffed now :)

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    I never point the sugar free one either. I vaguely remember reading in one of the books that the sugar free ones are 0.

Just had a lovely low point lunch that I can't believe I haven't thought of before.
    WW Pitta Bread - 3ppts
    2 tesco healthy living rashers - 1ppt
    1tbsp low fat mayo - 1ppt
    Then I filled it up with lots of 0ppt salady stuff, went with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Was delish and I ended up ripping the pitta bread with all the stuff that I put in it. Stuffed now :)

ooooh that does sound nice...i'm just humming and haaing now trying to think of a filling point friendly lunch.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement