Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Hey Lainy.

Don't know any 0PP marinades but the following is low enough.

4 cloves garlic
    1 small red chilli
    2 tsp sesame oil
    2 tsp honey
    4tbsp soy sauce

Chop garlic and chilli very fine (or mince the garlic if you can). Mix well in a bowl with other ingredients.

The sauce could marinade 4 chicken breasts. I usually use it on chopped up chicken for a stir fry but I would say you could dip the chicken breasts in it, massage it in a bit and pop them on the george forman.

5PP for the sauce, I would count it as 1PP per portion of chicken. You could tweak it for 1 chicken breast, maybe 1tsp sesame oil, 1tsp honey & 2tbsp soy, 2 garlic cloves & half of chilli but it would then be 2PP.

I saw that one online and nearly started drooling :P was tempted to throw together a honey on it tonight

finding some interesting ones online that use diet coke! for a kinda caramelised coating lol

"The best chicken marinade"

This recipe is based on 2 chicken breasts...but I'm sure its easily tweaked

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Bonus points for this one...no oil :D so its 0pp....and yipee i have everything in the press to make it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hey all!

Climbed Croagh Patrick today - took nearly 4 hours - wonder how many activity points that is?
    Had to have some chips and a glass of Guinness when we got to the bottom!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey all!

Climbed Croagh Patrick today - took nearly 4 hours - wonder how many activity points that is?

I think there's a limit on the number of activity points you can earn in a week. Not sure what it is though sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Finally got through all the pages, seemed as soon as I read one another one added, ha.
    Anyway I was a disaster this weekend. Ate all around me, drank all around me and didnt move a muscle in exercise. Only dancing last night while drunk. Oh well tomorrow is a new day, a new start!!:D

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Finally got through all the pages, seemed as soon as I read one another one added, ha.
    Anyway I was a disaster this weekend. Ate all around me, drank all around me and didnt move a muscle in exercise. Only dancing last night while drunk. Oh well tomorrow is a new day, a new start!!:D

Damn right! Tomorrow is monday...i'm determined to track and stay within points for the next 5 days!

Mondays are a bitch! I have an hour and half on in the morning before my proper break later in the day so instead of going to the flat with the girls and sitting on my arse (and eating)....going pretend i have "things to do in town" and go for a walk...weather meant to be nice too :) I do have to get my monthly bus ticket....so two birds one stone well get a strole in and get my bus ticket instead of going at the end of day after college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

After all my good intentions, i had a disaster of a weekend. I actually have two blisters on my tongue from eating too many sweet things (i'm not good with too much sugar as it is).

Going to walk home from work tomoro (10k ish) and try stick to loads of the 0pp soup and fruit for the next three days. i am bloody disgusted and i can't even blame the OH as he's away for a couple of weeks on a course!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Marks & Spencers merigue nests only 1pp each (but 3pp for 2). Lovely with fresh berries. Just had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I think there's a limit on the number of activity points you can earn in a week. Not sure what it is though sorry.

I'm not bothered. It was great exercise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

kildareash wrote: »
    Evening all, just been catching up on everyone over the last 24 hours.
    Everyone seems to have had a better weekend than last weekend, but I don't think we could have got much worse!

I'm really happy bout my weekend. Was good food wise, and went for a nice walk in the woods today. Himself was with me so I wasn't walking at my usual speed, but it was a decent walk all the same.

Had a little victory yesterday. Bought my first pair of size 18 trousers in two years or more! They are walking trousers and I really didn't think they would fit. Only tried them on coz they were reduced by 70%! Delighted! Made my weekend :D

That's fab! Such a satisfying feeling. I just spent two hours getting rid of clothes from my wardrobe....things I never want to fit into again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Was hoping to make WW Thai green curry on Saturday, was so excited about it - but the chicken was bad so I got an Indian instead :eek: it was within my weeklies so its not too bad, but WI is tonight so we'll see how it goes!!

Edit: oh and I tried the pears in chcolate sauce as well from a few pages back, absolutely delicious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy monday everyone :D Alot to catch up with, so bear with me!
    Hey all!

We plan to do this in a few months. Gonna start off with glendalough and mt leinster over the next few weeks and build ourselves up. How did you find it?
    Dee01 wrote: »
    Going to walk home from work tomoro (10k ish) and try stick to loads of the 0pp soup and fruit for the next three days.

With the new plan you can't claw back points...don't starve yourself over the next few days. Make sure you eat at least 29pp each day, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode.
    nerdygirl wrote: »
    That's fab! Such a satisfying feeling. I just spent two hours getting rid of clothes from my wardrobe....things I never want to fit into again!!

Well done...it's a great feeling isn't it. The best thing to do is get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

nerdygirl wrote: »

That's a great feeling when you and your wardrobe are lighter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Morning all, have been sooo good all week and weighed myself on sat was at my goal weight!!! then went out that night, got millions of compliments from friends i hadnt seen in awhile!! went mental on the booze and woke up yest with a killer hangover!! and no idea how i got home so no idea how much points i drank haha!!

i was craving a hot chicken roll when woke up at 1.30 so stumbled off to the shop and resisted and got a nice salad sambo instead and some salt and vingear hunky dorys(well worth the ppoints)

still had a empty hole in belly so when friend suggested eddie rockets i did not hesitate!! had the bitzy nachos, cheesy chicken and garlic and cheese fries!! seriously havent seen soo much cheese in my life!! it was amazing but felt like crap after it and didnt cure the hangover!! my friend wasnt impressed when i told her the oreo milkshake she was drinking was 24 ppoints hahaha!!

dying for choc last night and too lazy thankfully to get up and go shop so ended up having massive bowl of special k oats & honey!!

needless to say went well over dailies and weeklies......back on track today and will be at goal on wed!!!!

well done everyone else for having willpower...one day mine will kick in!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I'm making the Creamy Chicken Curry that is in the blue book for dinner tonight. Has anyone else made it? Is it nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm not bothered. It was great exercise. :)

I was just letting you know in case you planned on using the activity points. I'd say it was great exercise for toning the legs :)
    Dubgirlww wrote: »
    Morning all, have been sooo good all week and weighed myself on sat was at my goal weight!!! then went out that night, got millions of compliments from friends i hadnt seen in awhile!! went mental on the booze and woke up yest with a killer hangover!! and no idea how i got home so no idea how much points i drank haha!!

i was craving a hot chicken roll when woke up at 1.30 so stumbled off to the shop and resisted and got a nice salad sambo instead and some salt and vingear hunky dorys(well worth the ppoints)

still had a empty hole in belly so when friend suggested eddie rockets i did not hesitate!! had the bitzy nachos, cheesy chicken and garlic and cheese fries!! seriously havent seen soo much cheese in my life!! it was amazing but felt like crap after it and didnt cure the hangover!! my friend wasnt impressed when i told her the oreo milkshake she was drinking was 24 ppoints hahaha!!

dying for choc last night and too lazy thankfully to get up and go shop so ended up having massive bowl of special k oats & honey!!

needless to say went well over dailies and weeklies......back on track today and will be at goal on wed!!!!

well done everyone else for having willpower...one day mine will kick in!! :)

That's a great achievement. I hope you get it on Weds. Good luck!

misslt wrote: »
    Was hoping to make WW Thai green curry on Saturday, was so excited about it - but the chicken was bad so I got an Indian instead :eek: it was within my weeklies so its not too bad, but WI is tonight so we'll see how it goes!!

Edit: oh and I tried the pears in chcolate sauce as well from a few pages back, absolutely delicious!!!

what recipe do you have? the one from the ww website? Im going to make it next saturday night...have all the ingredients but first time making it is prob going to take ages so i'll do it at weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm making the Creamy Chicken Curry that is in the blue book for dinner tonight. Has anyone else made it? Is it nice?

I've made this about 5 times, but I've only perfected it once!
    It's yummy - even when i've made it with too much stock! That day we had chicken curry soup with rice!ha!

I just find it really difficult to get the cornflour right, but have made it for a few friends and everyone has said it's lovely. Any tips?

I also added a teaspoon for tumeric to the rice, just adds a bit of colour.

Good luck making it...let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    what recipe do you have? the one from the ww website? Im going to make it next saturday night...have all the ingredients but first time making it is prob going to take ages so i'll do it at weekend...

Yep that's the one...it looks lovely! Yeah I'm not sure on the timing either so the weekend is probably the best!

The OH's mother was subscribed to the australian site and got me loads of recipes but they're all on the old points so I'd have to point them again but some of them look amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Question-if you only have the carbs/protein/fat for 100g and you only need 30g, do you work out the points for 100g and divide by 10, multilply by 3 or do you do that for all the ingredients separately and work it out then? Maybe it makes no difference but I was just wondering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Question-if you only have the carbs/protein/fat for 100g and you only need 30g, do you work out the points for 100g and divide by 10, multilply by 3 or do you do that for all the ingredients separately and work it out then? Maybe it makes no difference but I was just wondering!
    i put the 100g into the calc and divide by 3 at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

"The best chicken marinade"

This recipe is based on 2 chicken breasts...but I'm sure its easily tweaked

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Bonus points for this one...no oil :D so its 0pp....and yipee i have everything in the press to make it :D:D:D
    Really like that marinade idea. Thanks!

This online calculator...you can work out the points for the exact portion size you want..you put in the details for 100g and change portion to 30....and that should give you the pp for 30g portion

:D

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

This online calculator...you can work out the points for the exact portion size you want..you put in the details for 100g and change portion to 30....and that should give you the pp for 30g portion

Oh what calculator is that? That would be so handy!!

fofany wrote: »
    I have a pineapple in the fridge. I know what I'll be doing with it later!

Well done to everyone on their losses this morning. Keep up the good work.

Gragirl, you are doing brilliant. Hope you get to the 3rd stone for your next meeting.
    I got my 3rd stone. I've now lost 3stone and half a pound. WOOHOO!! Not sure what my goal weight is yet... but by my own rough calculations I'm now over the half way mark. Very excited!

Oh what calculator is that? That would be so handy!!

forgot to put in the link! lol

Only lost half a pound this week but with kids off last week it was difficult.... A girl mentioned in our class of grilling pineapple rings with cinnamon on top !!!! Yum yum,they taste great..
    Also try pear slices (either slice up a pear yourself or from the tin) with cinammon sprinkled on top - its become one of my fav desserts!

gragirl wrote: »
    I got my 3rd stone. I've now lost 3stone and half a pound. WOOHOO!! Not sure what my goal weight is yet... but by my own rough calculations I'm now over the half way mark. Very excited!

thats fantastic....delighted for ya! the end is in sight....you CAN do it! :D you ARE doing it! :D:D:D

Thank you so much! You're so good :)

• Advertisement

LadyLainy thats been the key to my loss this time. First the realisation was that it wasn't just celebs or those in special boot camps who could do it - I meet an inspirational girl in my hairdressers who had lost 6.5stone and that spurred my on, so I started to think maybe I could too... and by taking it a day at a time... sometimes an hour at a time.. I kept going. Also now this has become my way of life... it is the old cliche of its not a diet... this is my lifestyle choice now. I'm now a slightly tight fitting size 16 - and the last time I saw that clothes size was about 10yrs ago. It really is an amazing buzz! Thanks for the support!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement