Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations gragirl on your weight loss so far. You have a great attitude to it. I myself last 6 stone 16/17 years ago, & although I have put on a bit (happened during my last pregnancy & then didn't lose it), I have never gone back up to what I used to be. Keep up the good work & you'll get there & think of all the new clothes you will be able to fit into then.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Celebrities do give such the wrong impression of weight loss, although I guess it's not my job to be photographed and star in movies! I'm 25 and been overweight most of my life and in the past year or so decided to do something about it. I got down to 10stone13lb and now back up to 11st 8.5lb, I want to get down to 9stone 7lb. One day at a time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hey I didnt create that goregous dish!! I wish i was that creative lol

But it was delicious!! nom nom nom
    Don't mind who created it - sounds delicious!! Gonna be trying that me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

fofany wrote: »
    Congratulations gragirl on your weight loss so far. You have a great attitude to it. I myself last 6 stone 16/17 years ago, & although I have put on a bit (happened during my last pregnancy & then didn't lose it), I have never gone back up to what I used to be. Keep up the good work & you'll get there & think of all the new clothes you will be able to fit into then.
    Thanks Fofany!! Loving the clothes shopping alright!! Its an amazing feeling being able to shop in the high street more now. And well done yourself on your weight loss. You did it before you will certainly do it again! Go us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

What a gorgeous day, went for a 45 minute walk. And then did 50 sit ups, happy out. I got reetone runners and used them today for the first time, surprised because I thought they would awkward to walk in but they were perfectly fine. Hope they start working soon, ha. Anyone else use them??

Going shopping to get provisions for the butternut squash soup, and the breakfast muffins. And have a stir fry ready for my tea. Always have way more energy when it is a nice day.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

Hiya, long time reader of this thread but this is my first time posting. Just wondering if anyone has the pro points value of Eddie Rocket foods? Going for a burger and chip this weekend (after my weigh in on Thursday :D ) but want to be able to point it so I don't go over my points.

I joined WW 2 weeks ago and have 2lbs gone. Not a lot I know but I've only about 10lbs to lose altogether so I expected it to be slow. Starving today :(

ETA - I've 10 pps for dinner today and I'm dying for pasta - any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hello RedBride and any other newbies who have joined the thread this week.
    There is a whole list of Eddie Rockets foods posted in post # 8595 on page 573 of this thread.

I am just back from 4 days in Barcelona. I had a great time but ate all around me! :p If my own scales at home is right I have put on about 3 lbs since my WI last Tues! I will find out officially tomorrow night. I was delighted with my WI last week because I was 4 lbs down and that meant I had hit my 2 stone and another 2 lbs with it! But sadly I think I've ruined it again! Hopefully I can pick myself up and lose it again quickly enough.

Good luck everyone for a new week ahead!

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hello RedBride and any other newbies who have joined the thread this week.
    There is a whole list of Eddie Rockets foods posted in post # 8595 on page 573 of this thread.

Thanks a mill, will check it out. Hope you enjoyed Barcelona, I love it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ooooh just found my new favourite kitchen gadget! :P my mom got me an egg poaching set from aldi (7.99)

So i had:
    2 slices of toast
    ww cheese spread
    4 poached egg whites

ww online tracker says that two slices of 35g bread is 4pp.... that's what im going by....i don't care what any calculator says :p

I divided the egg whites between two poaching cups, 2 whites in each cup and a bit of ww cheese spread on each slice of toast...and the egg whites on each slice.

50g of the ww cheese spread is 1pp i know i didnt even use near 50g :P

Toast - 4pp
    4 Egg Whites - 1pp
    ww cheese spread - 1pp
    Total :D 6pp

the egg whites do need a bit of seasoning for flavour...ground garlic, chili flakes, pepper ect..

Got the same egg poacher yesterday... ha! loved poached eggs!! :D
    but sure i'll have just the one with all its yolk.. :p
    lI ike my eggs on the weekends.. no time to make them for breakky during the week..
    Cant wait to try it out next weekend!

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I am just back from 4 days in Barcelona. I had a great time but ate all around me! :p If my own scales at home is right I have put on about 3 lbs since my WI last Tues! I will find out officially tomorrow night. I was delighted with my WI last week because I was 4 lbs down and that meant I had hit my 2 stone and another 2 lbs with it! But sadly I think I've ruined it again! Hopefully I can pick myself up and lose it again quickly enough.

Welcome home. Glad you had a great time. When I came home from France last week, my scales said I had gained 3 lbs, but at WI I had lost 3lbs:confused:. Maybe you haven't done as much damage as you think & anyway, 3lbs is not much of a gain & you'll lose it again as soon as you get back to tracking & pointing. Good luck tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

RedBride wrote: »

I'm having pasta for dinner. Made my own pasta sauce yesterday & made enough for 2 dinners - fried onions, mushrooms & peppers in spray oil. Cooked brocolli & courgette in microwave, chopped them up & added them to pot. Poured in some passata & simmered for 5 mins. Whole pot for 1pp (cause of the spray oil). Having 180g cooked pasta (6pp), the sauce (1pp), sweet chilli sauce (1pp) & 15g light cheese over the top (1pp). All for 9pp. You definitely need the sweet chilli sauce though to give it some flavour. I find the passata on its own to be quite bland.

Thanks for that fofany. I've oftened wondered how much pasta other people allow for dinner. Pasta has always been my downfall. I just love the stuff and always cook too much. The WW book gives 4 points for a medium portion and when I weighed it out at the weekend it was tiny! So I'm allowing myself 7 pps worth of pasta tonight (70g dried), 1 tbsp of pesto (2pps) and some zero point veg like onions, spinach and brocolli. I might throw in some of the quorn chicken pieces to make up the extra point.

One other thing I have cut back on is cups of tea during the day. I'm wasting far too many points on sugar and milk in my tea. I could easily have 5 teas a day which is 5 pps for the sugar alone. Already today I've used 6 ppps on sugar, milk and butter. Madness!

Thanks for that fofany. I've oftened wondered how much pasta other people allow for dinner. Pasta has always been my downfall. I just love the stuff and always cook too much. The WW book gives 4 points for a medium portion and when I weighed it out at the weekend it was tiny! So I'm allowing myself 7 pps worth of pasta tonight (70g dried), 1 tbsp of pesto (2pps) and some zero point veg like onions, spinach and brocolli. I might throw in some of the quorn chicken pieces to make up the extra point.

One other thing I have cut back on is cups of tea during the day. I'm wasting far too many points on sugar and milk in my tea. I could easily have 5 teas a day which is 5 pps for the sugar alone. Already today I've used 6 ppps on sugar, milk and butter. Madness!

I konw what you mean about the pasta amounts. It's only when you weigh it that you realise how much you used to eat.

Glad I don't drink tea (or coffee). Never liked the taste of either of them. Unfortunately I drink 2-3 cans of diet coke a day instead, which is not a healthy choice, but I'm going off it for Lent. Being on WW means there's not much else to give up this year!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I LOVE pasta!

Try this one for 11pp (I know you only have 10 so sorry but it's so nice, it's worth the extra point)

Ingredients:
    80g Pasta (8pp)
    30g Chorizo Sausage (2pp)
    1 medium onion,
    1/2 red pepper,
    1/2 yellow or green pepper
    a few mushrooms
    25g sundried tomatoes (add pp if they come in oil)
    2tbsp Red Pesto (4pp)

Boil up your pasta. In a wok, stir fry up your onion, peppers, mushrooms until soft. Chop your Chorizo into little pieces and add to the pan. Soak your sundried tomatoes in boiling water for a few mins, then chop and add to the pan. Drain off the pasta, add the chorizo mix to the pasta pot, stir in your pesto and serve!

Delish :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

[ETA - I've 10 pps for dinner today and I'm dying for pasta - any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I made a lovely pasta dish the other day i chopped up onion mushroom and garlic and fried them then i added bacon medallions when they were cooked i added a small drop of stock and two cheese triangles and stirred it up till they melted it was delish and hardly no points was like carbonara!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

weight.png

Haven't seen these in ages!!! Maybe the graphic will help me to see progress.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me are there pp in spray oil?? i am so confused. read there was then read there is none in another book :confused: i think its the shopping guide that says there is none??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

jackmax wrote: »
    can anyone tell me are there pp in spray oil?? i am so confused. read there was then read there is none in another book :confused: i think its the shopping guide that says there is none??

Hi, I think were the confusion lies on this (a few people have commented on it) is that you can by a spray gadget thing that you can limit your use of oil with and 4 sprays = 1 pp or something like that. However, the Frylite 1 calorie spray can that you buy in the supermarket is 0 pp. I use that and I never count points for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

At the WI...why did I have that Indian! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Peppered sea bass with saffron mash 10pp/portion
    Serves 4

4 x 150g sea bass
    1tbsp freshly ground mixed peppercorns
    1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
    I tsp sunflower oil

For the mash
    900g potatoes, peeled and diced
    8 saffron strands
    2tbsp boiling water
    1 tbsp low fat spread
    3 tbsp low fat soft cheese
    Salt and pepper

• Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes until tender. While they are cooking, place the saffron in a small cup and add 2 tbsp of boiling water. Leave to soak. Drain the cooked potatoes and mash with the saffron and liquid, low fat spread, soft cheese and seasoning.
    • Rinse the fish and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Mix together the ground mixed pepper corns and parsley and press on to one side of the sea bass.
    • Wipe a heavy based frying pan with oil and heat until just smoking. Add the fish, pepper side up, to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 mins, until the fish is cooked through and has an opaque appearance. The flesh should flake easily when cooked.
    • To serve, pile the saffron mash on to the centre of warmed serving plats and top with the peppered sea bass portion.

Tiramisu with strawberries 5pp/portion
    Serves 4

150ml strong coffer, cooled
    2 tbsp amaretto, marsala or tia maria
    200g tub low fat soft cheese
    200ml very low fat plain fromage frais
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Artificial sweetener to taste.
    12 sponge fingers
    2 tsp cocoa powder
    225g strawberries

• In a shallow bowl, mix together the cooled coffee with the amaretto, marsala or tia maria.
    • In another bowl, beat together the soft cheese, fromage frais and vanilla extract until smooth. Add a little sweetener to taste.
    • Dip the sponge fingers briefly into the coffee mixture, layering them into the bases of 4 medium serving glasses or ramekin dishes. Top with half the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers. Cover the desserts and chill them in the fridge until ready to serve.
    • To serve, sprinkle each dessert with half a tsp of cocoa powder and serve with the strawberries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

jackmax wrote: »

The low cal spray oil you get in the supermarket is 0PP. There is an error in the pocket guide saying that 4 sprays = 1PP but our leader said that is wrong and that you would need 19 sprays for it to = 1PP and no one is going to use 19 sprays, your food would be drenched. I never count the low cal spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

ah thanks for your replies :D thats great to know :D i only ever use a little few sprays of it so 0pp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

kildareash wrote: »
    I've made this about 5 times, but I've only perfected it once!
    It's yummy - even when i've made it with too much stock! That day we had chicken curry soup with rice!ha!

I just find it really difficult to get the cornflour right, but have made it for a few friends and everyone has said it's lovely. Any tips?

I also added a teaspoon for tumeric to the rice, just adds a bit of colour.

Good luck making it...let me know how you get on.

OMG I think I just found my new favourite dinner :) It was lovely! Took me a while to make it and half way through forgot that I was halving the recipe (only cooking for 2) and managed to add a whole onion but my sauce wasn't too runny so quite chuffed! And the OH liked it too - normally he is a bit dubious about my WW recipes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

wooo tracked 100% today...and even stayed within my daily points...which never happens on monday cos i have long breaks on mondays :)

went for the walk in during the morning break....so instead of sitting on my ass eating at least 7pp on "snacks" only had 3pp in the form of a Large Skinny Latte while walking around the city in the sun for an hour :D

I had a good breakfast....a VERY nice lunch :O.....nice hearty dinner...and I still have 7pp left for the night :) I'll probably use them on some Aldi hot chocolate and toast with ww soft cheese :)

Wooo....all it takes is one good day....to set the wheels in motion for a good week! :D

(thank god...cos i was worried I wasn't going to be able to pull my self back...I'd been doing really well lately)

7.30am - Breakie
    oatmeal, Skimmed milk, Skinny Cappuccino
    5pp

11am - 90 min Break
    Gentle walk around city with heavy back pack for an hour
    Gloria Jeans Large Skimmed Milk Latte
    3pp

2pm - 21/2hr Break
    2 X Regular Full Fat Cappuccino (3pp each)
    Chicken Sandwich (Bread 4pp, Chicken 2pp, Relish 1pp, 0pp Salad)
    13pp

5pm - In the door from college
    Aldi Hot Chocolate
    1pp

7.30pm - Dinner
    Quorn Cottage Pie
    11pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Down a half! Happy with that given my bad weekend!

@lady Lainy, made the Thai green curry tonight, absolutely gorgeous!! Didn't take long at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hey guys,

finally said i would post on here..thanks to everyone for their ideas and everything...its been brilliant!

i just started last tuesday and am very nervous to be honest. have worked hard and been to the gym 3 times as well as a walk at the weekend. ive tracked and followed and never went near going over my points. just wanted to know a couple of things?

is it bad not to use all your points? i am a bigger girl and allowed 39 points a day and i am struggling to eat that much!

also was going to go to the gym tomorrow before WI but i heard somewhere exercising before weighing might not be accurate ie you could be heavier and i dont want that :)

thanks
    ck

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Well I tried exercising today and people, it really doesn't agree with me. I started out in the woods where I stepped into the worlds biggest pile of sh1t. It was disgusting. After cleaning up went to the canal where I attempted to start the first part of the couch to 5k thing and I had to stop half way through the 2nd 60sec of running. I was beat!!! Don't think I'll be joining Ray darcey this year!!! Ended up walking an hour afterwards but honestly! Was very hard work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hiya, long time reader of this thread but this is my first time posting. Just wondering if anyone has the pro points value of Eddie Rocket foods? Going for a burger and chip this weekend (after my weigh in on Thursday :D ) but want to be able to point it so I don't go over my points.

I joined WW 2 weeks ago and have 2lbs gone. Not a lot I know but I've only about 10lbs to lose altogether so I expected it to be slow. Starving today :(

Hey Redbride!

I Love Eddes! Esp after a few beers! If you go on to their website you can get all the nutritional value of their foods - have your calculator on hand and just point what you are going to eat yourself. I hadnt got my calculator on hand when I went to do it so I just googled an online UK propoints calculator. Think I pointed a portion of nachos at about 10pp or so - not bad if you want a treat! Nando's (in swords &dundrum) is well tasty and good for point watching aswell!

Enjoy! j:pac:

hey guys,

finally said i would post on here..thanks to everyone for their ideas and everything...its been brilliant!

i just started last tuesday and am very nervous to be honest. have worked hard and been to the gym 3 times as well as a walk at the weekend. ive tracked and followed and never went near going over my points. just wanted to know a couple of things?

is it bad not to use all your points? i am a bigger girl and allowed 39 points a day and i am struggling to eat that much!

also was going to go to the gym tomorrow before WI but i heard somewhere exercising before weighing might not be accurate ie you could be heavier and i dont want that :)

thanks
    ck

You should try to eat all your daily points, weeklies are optional :) but dont be afraid to use them...

i'm a "bigger girl" too...i'm on 43pp, i'm down just over a stone since 1st of Jan...and plenty of others here are done even more since they started after christmas :)

Dont worry :) I'm sure you'll be blown away by your results tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    Down a half! Happy with that given my bad weekend!

@lady Lainy, made the Thai green curry tonight, absolutely gorgeous!! Didn't take long at all!!

and is it filling?
    Cant wait to try it saturday night :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement