Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Well I tried exercising today and people, it really doesn't agree with me. I started out in the woods where I stepped into the worlds biggest pile of sh1t. It was disgusting. After cleaning up went to the canal where I attempted to start the first part of the couch to 5k thing and I had to stop half way through the 2nd 60sec of running. I was beat!!! Don't think I'll be joining Ray darcey this year!!! Ended up walking an hour afterwards but honestly! Was very hard work!!

I started out similar to yourself. Iv really built up stamia and fitness in walking for 5 mins jogging for 5 mins.... build it up to the next level by maybe 10mins jogging and 5 mins walking. I actually enjoy doing it now and I would have never in a million said that before! Good luck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

So after staying the same last week I had 2lb off tonight :D

so that me back under the 5lb maintaining again ... gonna weigh in again next week-Im still 4 lb from my goal weight

Loving all the recipes - making a little word doc collection of them ;)

good luck to you all this week

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

boxoff wrote: »
    I started out similar to yourself. Iv really built up stamia and fitness in walking for 5 mins jogging for 5 mins.... build it up to the next level by maybe 10mins jogging and 5 mins walking. I actually enjoy doing it now and I would have never in a million said that before! Good luck:D

I actually do even less than that, but find it works really well. I sprint (in my mind its a sprint cos its so hard but in reality its prob a fairly normal jog) for the length of a football field and then walk back. I do this about 10 - 15 times and then go for a walk. I was told by a trainer that the 'sprint' walk is a technique that will keep the metabolism going for ages. I hate it and I can't stand running, but will try :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

kildareash wrote: »

With the new plan you can't claw back points...don't starve yourself over the next few days. Make sure you eat at least 29pp each day, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode.

Ah I know that really, just wishful thinking. Another week another resolution. Will start again anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

You've all been inspiring me for the last month so I thought it was time to stop being so lazy and actually sign up! I think I've become addicted to this forum - well done to everybody.

Joined quite recently and down 11lbs so far so feeling pleased. Not finding it too easy but getting in to it.

Great to read all of the posts on here - the highs and the lows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Well I tried exercising today and people, it really doesn't agree with me. I started out in the woods where I stepped into the worlds biggest pile of sh1t. It was disgusting. After cleaning up went to the canal where I attempted to start the first part of the couch to 5k thing and I had to stop half way through the 2nd 60sec of running. I was beat!!! Don't think I'll be joining Ray darcey this year!!! Ended up walking an hour afterwards but honestly! Was very hard work!!

Keep at it. I'm the same as you can barely run so what I do is in the middle of my walk I try to run for as long as I can. Then I walk and run again if I can. It's all about building it up gradually so don't give up :)

Welcome to all the newbies. Good luck on you weight loss journey and hopefully we here can help you :)

Well Shelly on your loss! Hopefully it's a good sign for the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Oh this looks and sounds gorgeous!

ProPoints® Per Serving: 4
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This is probably Wales' most famous snack. It's usually very high in fat, but our renovated version makes a tasty light snack.

Ingredients
    50 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, finely grated
    100 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, with garlic and herbs
    1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
    1/4 teaspoons (level) Mustard, Wholegrain
    4 slice(s) (medium) Bread, White, Sliced
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground
    4 medium Tomato, sliced
    1 portion(s) Lettuce, to garnish

Instructions
    Preheat the grill.

In a small bowl, mix together the soft cheese, Cheddar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Season with a little black pepper.

Lightly toast the bread on both sides. Spread the cheese mixture on top, cover with sliced tomatoes, then grill until piping hot.

Serve at once, garnished with salad leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Oh this looks and sounds gorgeous!

ProPoints® Per Serving: 4
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This is probably Wales' most famous snack. It's usually very high in fat, but our renovated version makes a tasty light snack.

Yum looks gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

Hi everyone,
    I hope the week has started off well for everyone. After a bit of a mixed 2 weeks (I missed the WI last week) I was down 4.5 pounds tonight.
    It makes a total of 20.5 pounds since the second week in January.
    As it happens it is just the tip of the ice berg.....lots to lose(!!) but delighted all the same.:D

nerdygirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I hope the week has started off well for everyone. After a bit of a mixed 2 weeks (I missed the WI last week) I was down 4.5 pounds tonight.
    It makes a total of 20.5 pounds since the second week in January.
    As it happens it is just the tip of the ice berg.....lots to lose(!!) but delighted all the same.:D

4.5 WOW Well Done Nerdygirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

hi all, to all who lost this week, fair play!!

Well yesterday my mam was taking into hosp... so Im not having a great day...
    been in hosp with her since 430pm yesterday and came home 2nite at 9pm
    Didnt much today or drink, not hungry at all
    I am supposed to go for WI 2mor but dont think I will due to stress and visiting mam etc...

Fair play 2 u all for losing this week, keep up the great work :D

Hope everyone had good weekend.

Take Care

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I am supposed to go for WI 2mor but dont think I will due to stress and visiting mam etc...

Take Care

Sorry to hear about your mam. Take care of yourself, you have other things to worry about this week than WW. You can back into it again when you're ready. Thinking of you.

Take Care

Oh sorry to read this .. hope your mam is OK and you take care ..if you cant make it dont worry it will be still there next week for you when things are better

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Take Care

Finglasgal1 so sorry to hear about your mam hope it's not too serious and she's on the mend keep the chin up and don't worry about WW this wk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    and is it filling?
    Cant wait to try it saturday night :D

Yeah i was completely stuffed! I made it quite spicy, put in an extra chilli or two and more curry paste, if you like spicy food you'll love it.

Finglasgal, sorry to hear about your mam, hope she's okay, take care of yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

As most of you know have had a mare of a couple of days eating & drinking wise now I've an awful tummy bug it's like wiping the slate clean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, hope everyone is doing ok this week, I was terrible all weekend,so trying to be good since yesterday, apart from an apple puff thing that I had in work! I'm really hoping to lose even a pound this week, that will get me my 5% goal, so fingers crossed. I'm not as organised with regards to dinners for the last couple of weeks,I really need to cop on. I'm also not eating as much fruit, so gonna stock up today!

Finglasgal, I hope your mam is ok, and like a few have said don't be worrying about ww, your mam is more important x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm also not eating as much fruit, so gonna stock up today!

I'm the opposite, I think I'm eating too much fruit.

Yesterday, I had 2 bananas, 3 kiwis, some grapes & blueberries, plus a salad at lunch.
    I'm trying to cut down a little bit, so today I have 2 bananas (my favs), a slice of pineapple with blueberries & grapes. I was only having 1 banana a day but then I started being really strict with weighing out my cereal in the mornings and 30g is just not enough for me. It's a long time between when I have my brekkie (5.20am) & my tea break at 10.15am. So I find that adding a banana to the bowl keeps me going until my break when I have my 2nd banana. Will see what the scales say on Thurs.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I think I'm eating too much fruit.

Yesterday, I had 2 bananas, 3 kiwis, some grapes & blueberries, plus a salad at lunch.
    I'm trying to cut down a little bit, so today I have 2 bananas (my favs), a slice of pineapple with blueberries & grapes. I was only having 1 banana a day but then I started being really strict with weighing out my cereal in the mornings and 30g is just not enough for me. It's a long time between when I have my brekkie (5.20am) & my tea break at 10.15am. So I find that adding a banana to the bowl keeps me going until my break when I have my 2nd banana. Will see what the scales say on Thurs.

Ah that's not too much,seriously, I was losing the weight when I ate the fruit, I also thinks its stops me craving sweet stuff! Have you been losing while eating your fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi guys,

In response to previous posts - the climb was tough enough and I would advise you bring a stick and water and maybe a couple of bananas and take it fairly easy.
    It took us about 3.5 to 4 hours, about 2.5 going up and over an hour coming down.
    Great exercise for the legs, my poor pins are aching since!!

Just hope I can see some of the benefit on the scales tomorrow!!!

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

m'lady wrote: »
    Ah that's not too much,seriously, I was losing the weight when I ate the fruit, I also thinks its stops me craving sweet stuff! Have you been losing while eating your fruit?

Yeah I have been, I've lost 12.5lbs in 7 weeks :) But this is the first week of eating 2 bananas. I love fruit and defo notice that I'm reaching for the fruit basket a lot more in recent weeks :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Yeah I have been, I've lost 12.5lbs in 7 weeks :) But this is the first week of eating 2 bananas. I love fruit and defo notice that I'm reaching for the fruit basket a lot more in recent weeks :)

That's a fantastic loss! Well done. Well I stocked up on fruit,so going to get plenty into me today, my weigh in is tomorrow, I'm hoping for some loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Does anyone know how many propoints are in a pat of butter? You know the ones you get in a restaurant wrapped in gold foil. They used to be 2.5 of the old points. I know its 2 propoints for 10g of butter but don't know how many grams are in the pat.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

happyday wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many propoints are in a pat of butter? You know the ones you get in a restaurant wrapped in gold foil. They used to be 2.5 of the old points. I know its 2 propoints for 10g of butter but don't know how many grams are in the pat.:confused:

I think they're 6.5g each. I work in a pub and I vaguely remember the chefs talking about them one time!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Just had my first WI since rejoining and disappointed to say the WW mystery scales is at it again. Down 3.4lbs at home this morning and only down 1.5lb in WW.

Given that I ate a huge breakfast last week (joining week) and a snack before weigh in, the difference should be even greater, say 4 or 5lbs.

I just don't get it. It's hard not to let that demotivate you.

happyday wrote: »
    They are now 2 pp each.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

WI this morning & down 1/2 lb. Looks like my weightloss is going to be slow. I had been really good all week & only used 23 weeklies & done loads of walking. At this rate it'll take 43 more weeks (10 mths) to get to goal.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    WI this morning & down 1/2 lb. Looks like my weightloss is going to be slow. I had been really good all week & only used 23 weeklies & done loads of walking. At this rate it'll take 43 more weeks (10 mths) to get to goal.:(

It took me 6 months to lose 1.5 stone, but it wasn't a misery which was probably the reason I stuck with it. More importantly I'm finding maintaining a lot easier because it took a longer time, I think if you lose slowly it's easier to keep off. However, you will have some weeks where you'll be 2 or 3 lbs down so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

fofany wrote: »

I've taken 18months to lose about stone and a half so I know it's annoying but it's worth it. If you lose too quickly your body will go into starvation mode and will hold onto fat! Keep your chin up and a lose is a lose :)

Two questions for people! If you were to hard boil two medium eggs and throw the yolk away from one would it count as one egg and one egg white (so only 2 pp) or should I count it as 3pp? I know one egg white is 0 so I'm wondering does the same apply to hard boiled.
    Secondly has anyone tried the Tilda basmati rice in the bright blue bag? I was working out pp on it earlier and I got 2pp for 60g?? I was comparing Uncle Bens and Tesco rice and this and the others were about 4-6 but this really was on 2 propoints for 60g!! Please say it's true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I've taken 18months to lose about stone and a half so I know it's annoying but it's worth it. If you lose too quickly your body will go into starvation mode and will hold onto fat! Keep your chin up and a lose is a lose :)

Two questions for people! If you were to hard boil two medium eggs and throw the yolk away from one would it count as one egg and one egg white (so only 2 pp) or should I count it as 3pp? I know one egg white is 0 so I'm wondering does the same apply to hard boiled.
    Secondly has anyone tried the Tilda basmati rice in the bright blue bag? I was working out pp on it earlier and I got 2pp for 60g?? I was comparing Uncle Bens and Tesco rice and this and the others were about 4-6 but this really was on 2 propoints for 60g!! Please say it's true :)

was that 60g dried or cooked weight?

well at lunch today i had two eggs....threw out one yolk....so i was having one WHOLE egg 2pp and 1 egg white 0pp :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement