Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

fofany wrote: »
    WI this morning & down 1/2 lb. Looks like my weightloss is going to be slow. I had been really good all week & only used 23 weeklies & done loads of walking. At this rate it'll take 43 more weeks (10 mths) to get to goal.:(

My weight loss has been very slow on propoints. I've only lost 4lbs since it started in Jan. My leader has noticed and she mentioned it to me last week. She asked my what my eating pattern was like and because of college timetable it's different everyday. Mon I don't get up until 12 so breakfast is then, Tues it's at 10, Weds at whatever time I get up as I have it off, Thurs at 8 and Fri at 9. So my lunch and dinners are at various times as well. She told me to try and regulate it and make it the same time every day and see do I notice a difference.

Not sure if this applies to you but it was what she suggested to me as a reason for it being slow. I wouldn't mind it being slow if I was loosing a lb every week but some weeks I sts or it's only 0.5lb. I've readjusted my goals so I'm just gonna take it week by week and aim for a lb a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    was that 60g dried or cooked weight?

well at lunch today i had two eggs....threw out one yolk....so i was having one WHOLE egg 2pp and 1 egg white 0pp :)

60g dried so I'll let it soak for ages to bulk it up. I did it with the 100g too to see would that be different but nope. Unfortunately it's the end of the bag so must try and find it again and have no idea where I got it!!
    Yaaaa that's great about the eggs, want to make egg salad and you only need the whites for that really

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

hubba wrote: »
    Just had my first WI since rejoining and disappointed to say the WW mystery scales is at it again. Down 3.4lbs at home this morning and only down 1.5lb in WW.

Given that I ate a huge breakfast last week (joining week) and a snack before weigh in, the difference should be even greater, say 4 or 5lbs.

I just don't get it. It's hard not to let that demotivate you.

Well, i know it's frustrating.. but we've talked about scales before.. you're weight is not the same throughout the day, so that could be a reason. Another reason is that all scales are different too, also the clothes you're wearing, u wearing shoes also when you weight yourself at home?
    Finally, i know loads of people think that because they bought a WW scales this should reflect the same as the scales in the meeting.. well, the scales in the meetings are not WW, they are Tanita, and as far as I know these are professional scales.. seen them in more than one place, but never seen one for sale.. i'd say they are veeery expensive.. doubt that the WW are the same ones.

I think the best is to forget about your scales at home.. just go by the WI in the meeting and free yourself a bit.. I used to weigh myself at home too and end up being the freak of the scales.. checking and trying different ways.. i'm much happier now that i just see the scales at the meeting.. i think we're far happier when we're not obsesed with the scales..

And you lost 1.5lb!! just focus on your loss and enjoy it!! OK, is not as big of a loss as you saw at home.. but is a loss and you should be happy about it.. in fact.. i'm happy for you!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

60g dried so I'll let it soak for ages to bulk it up. I did it with the 100g too to see would that be different but nope. Unfortunately it's the end of the bag so must try and find it again and have no idea where I got it!!
    Yaaaa that's great about the eggs, want to make egg salad and you only need the whites for that really

i just checked it there...and i got 5pp for 60g

just found ANOTHER tilda Basmati, which is a mix of brown and white rice...that seems to be working out at 2pp alright...thats weird! would be amazing if its true :O

AWSOME FIND! Its Tilda Basmati Brown & White Rice (its in the really light bright 500g bag)

i just checked it there...and i got 5pp for 60g

Really...:( boo!
    Per 100g it's
    protein-2.8
    carb-22.7
    fat-0.3
    fibre- 1.8

and I'm only using 60g

• Advertisement

Really...:( boo!
    Per 100g it's
    protein-2.8
    carb-22.7
    fat-0.3
    fibre- 1.8

and I'm only using 60g

just found ANOTHER tilda Basmati, which is a mix of brown and white rice...that seems to be working out at 2pp alright...thats weird! would be amazing if its true :O

AWSOME FIND! Its Tilda Basmati Brown & White Rice

Seems too good to be be true tho :O how could it possibly be only 2pp.... :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That's great! Less than with the old points system. Its the only thing I know that's gone down. Does anyone know any other things that are less on propoints than on points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bigbonedmyass

Hi everyone... congrats to all of you who are doing so brilliantly!! This thread has helped me stay focused so many times and there are a lot of really inspirational people on it.
    I joined ww in July last year and have lost 3 stone, 1.5 lbs so far. I am soooooo delighted with myself as I have always been a 'heavy' girl or 'big boned' as my mother would describe me. I always dreaded shopping, warm weather, occasions like weddings .... Ive now gone from a size 18 to a size 14 and I sometimes do a double take when I look in the mirror. Then I do a little jump and squeal with happiness. I still have a stone to lose before I reach my WW goal but in my head Im pretty happy where I am. I NEVER thought I would say this...but genuinely I think I would look gaunt in the face if I lost another stone. I think when you are younger you can get away with the waif look but closer to 40 you just look... gaunt. So, I decided I would try and maintain for a while. Someone told me at the beginning of this journey that its actually quite easy to lose... the trick is to maintain. I reached my personal goal of 3 stone 2 weeks ago and I am finding it really hard. I havent put up anything but I find myself picking at stuff constantly... telling myself that 'Im allowed now as Im only maintaining'. In my heart I fear this will be a slippery slope so I need help... I dont want to become complacent. I just need to find a new rhythm. Any advice, help, suggestions are most welcome!

yup that's the one-white and wholegrain basmati. I'm sure they can't be wrong about the nutritional info and it says on the side about being low to medium GI!

happyday wrote: »
    That's great! Less than with the old points system. Its the only thing I know that's gone down. Does anyone know any other things that are less on propoints than on points?

dont go comparing point and propoint values, ts not that things are now higher or lower...its not like the nutritional value of the food has changed...they are just calculated differently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Sittin at weigh-in. Down another 1.5 pounds 13.5 down since start on 18th Jan!
    so happy and delighted at thoughts of that rice!

Hi everyone... congrats to all of you who are doing so brilliantly!! This thread has helped me stay focused so many times and there are a lot of really inspirational people on it.
    I joined ww in July last year and have lost 3 stone, 1.5 lbs so far. I am soooooo delighted with myself as I have always been a 'heavy' girl or 'big boned' as my mother would describe me. I always dreaded shopping, warm weather, occasions like weddings .... Ive now gone from a size 18 to a size 14 and I sometimes do a double take when I look in the mirror. Then I do a little jump and squeal with happiness. I still have a stone to lose before I reach my WW goal but in my head Im pretty happy where I am. I NEVER thought I would say this...but genuinely I think I would look gaunt in the face if I lost another stone. I think when you are younger you can get away with the waif look but closer to 40 you just look... gaunt. So, I decided I would try and maintain for a while. Someone told me at the beginning of this journey that its actually quite easy to lose... the trick is to maintain. I reached my personal goal of 3 stone 2 weeks ago and I am finding it really hard. I havent put up anything but I find myself picking at stuff constantly... telling myself that 'Im allowed now as Im only maintaining'. In my heart I fear this will be a slippery slope so I need help... I dont want to become complacent. I just need to find a new rhythm. Any advice, help, suggestions are most welcome!

I know I do the same anything I lose a stone and I start thinking I can eat anything I want. I think just follow the advice "Everything in moderation", have the odd takeaway but not every day and not too many sweet things etc but you have a life to lead and maybe if you go up 5 pounds then diet again until you're back down to your goal weight (just like ww gold plan!) After a few weeks you'll find what suits you best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

I know I do the same anything I lose a stone and I start thinking I can eat anything I want. I think just follow the advice "Everything in moderation", have the odd takeaway but not every day and not too many sweet things etc but you have a life to lead and maybe if you go up 5 pounds then diet again until you're back down to your goal weight (just like ww gold plan!) After a few weeks you'll find what suits you best!

This is exactly the way to do it, but do try and still go to the WI, I find this is the single one thing I would recommend on maintenance or at goal. It keeps you focus. Even if you do pick or splurge and are up a bit at WI you know you can easily knock down 0.5 - 1lb in a week or two to get back on track without too much misery. Over the course of a month or 6 weeks you be up and down a pound or so at goal even, thats why they allow you to be within 5lbs without paying when you have a gold membership.

"The best chicken marinade"

This recipe is based on 2 chicken breasts...but I'm sure its easily tweaked

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Bonus points for this one...no oil :D so its 0pp....and yipee i have everything in the press to make it :D:D:D

Well it does exactly what it says on the tin...

Made up the marinade at lunch time, and let the flattened chicken breast soak it up in a zip lock bag for 3/4 hours :)

Cooked the chicken on George Foreman for 5 - 8 minutes :)
    Had it with creamy mashed potatoes (mashed with 25ml skimmed milk) and Chicken oxo gravy 14pp

zesty tangy herby chicken :D it was Yummmmmmy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slimpickings

Hi All,

Thrilled down 2llbs at weigh in today.....absolutely loving propoints....a bit bemused as to why it's taken me turning 39 to FINALLY finding some commitment to believing that I can do it. Don't get me wrong I know being down 1/2 a stone in a month isn't a monumental achievement given how much I need to loose - it's just that I've normally given up on the diet / myself by the month stage!

'' I can do it '' is becoming my mantra !!!!

Good luck to All this week.....persevere coz we're so worth it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Hi All,

Thrilled down 2llbs at weigh in today.....absolutely loving propoints....a bit bemused as to why it's taken me turning 39 to FINALLY finding some commitment to believing that I can do it. Don't get me wrong I know being down 1/2 a stone in a month isn't a monumental achievement given how much I need to loose - it's just that I've normally given up on the diet / myself by the month stage!

'' I can do it '' is becoming my mantra !!!!

Good luck to All this week.....persevere coz we're so worth it !!!!

Well done. It is a big achievement, but it's the fact that it's not a misery and you can see results that's keeping you going and that's what keeps it off too..so keep at it. ;)

Thanks for the replies gals !

Complete novice question.....how do you post ''Thanks'' at the bottom of a post ? ......as you can see I've a measley amount of experience at this !

Slim:confused:

Complete novice question.....how do you post ''Thanks'' at the bottom of a post ? ......as you can see I've a measley amount of experience at this !

the thumbs up at the bottom right of what ever post you want to thank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

It doesn't work until after you've posted 10 posts. Then a thumb will appear in the bottom right corner and you just click it for posts you want to like!

;) Will have to up my input I guess !!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Eabhabear wrote: »
    It doesn't work until after you've posted 10 posts. Then a thumb will appear in the bottom right corner and you just click it for posts you want to like!
    Thanks Eabha bear! I asked the same question before and thought I was stupid cos I couldn't see the thumbs up at the end of the messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Hi Slimpickings and well done on your loss. i hope you don't mind if i give you a bit of advise and its this, you are now 39 please stick with WW and lose the weight before or as close to 40 as you can.

its very difficult every year after that. I envy all the "young wans" on this site and how they are losing, i won't say easily but they are losing, and fair play. I wish someone explained how difficult it would be when i was your age.

Please keep it up Slimpickings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Seems too good to be be true tho :O how could it possibly be only 2pp.... :O

At last my class had the shop book which i bought today and yes the Tilda white and wholegrain basmati is 500g for 14pp so that would leave 60g at 2pp, what a find ..... Where can i get it and how does it Taste!!!!

Missed my class last week and very happy to be down 5lbs.. thats a stone
    in 6 weeks.. Happy days......:P

huggiebear wrote: »
    At last my class had the shop book which i bought today and yes the Tilda white and wholegrain basmati is 500g for 14pp so that would leave 60g at 2pp, what a find ..... Where can i get it and how does it Taste!!!!

Missed my class last week and very happy to be down 5lbs.. thats a stone
    in 6 weeks.. Happy days......:P

the rice is listed on the tesco website....:)
    wow...i'm totally blown away over that! thats unreal! must try and get some to try out over the weekend....hope there isnt a down side...hope it doesnt take forever to cook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

arandale wrote: »
    Hi Slimpickings and well done on your loss. i hope you don't mind if i give you a bit of advise and its this, you are now 39 please stick with WW and lose the weight before or as close to 40 as you can.

its very difficult every year after that. I envy all the "young wans" on this site and how they are losing, i won't say easily but they are losing, and fair play. I wish someone explained how difficult it would be when i was your age.

Please keep it up Slimpickings.

Totally agree with you Arandale!!! in my early 30s my weight was steady enought but now in my early 40s it is much harder to keep off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I was doing so well but have lost all motivation the last 2 weeks :( Skipped WI last week so im dreading this week , i have eaten all around me and i havent tracked properly !! But i suppose all i can do is hop back on the wagon and try again :)

Must try some of the ideas here the look great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Hi Guys! I'm absolutely dying at the mo!Had a sore throat all day and now I have a migraine, def gettin the flu, soooo annoyed!:mad: hate being ill!
    This may sound ridiculous but do ya have to points things like Halls soothers? I'm throwing them into me over the past hour to help my throat! Also can anyone recommend an easy to prepare light dinner? I'm not even hungry but I no I'd better eat cos I've 17 pp left for today.
    Thanks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Hello!

I have been following this thread for ages..signed up to WW in mid Jan and have lost 8lbs so far..not amazing but I seem to be losing it slowly and steadily!! I have friends who have lost twice what I have lost and that did demotivate me a little but I am trying to keep on going and figured that this thread would be a good place to keep track and keep me motivated.
    I am trying to up the ante with walking and have realised how bad I am with little bites and snacks and not tracking them, if its only a mouthful my mind registers it as 'not happening'!! That has to stop and I really want to hit the 1 stone loss mark. I feel like I have such a long way to go but am focusing on a little bit at a time, would just be so nice to get over a stone off...I have about 4 stone to lose.

Has anyone any tips for exercise- I hate it..I enjoy walking cos I have a dog and he loves getting out and about. I am aiming to get out for two walks a day, one in morning and one in evening and upping the pace. I have noticed that I am not out of breath as easy, altho that is probably becuase I stopped smoking in January as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

hi all, to all who lost this week, fair play!!

Well yesterday my mam was taking into hosp... so Im not having a great day...
    been in hosp with her since 430pm yesterday and came home 2nite at 9pm
    Didnt much today or drink, not hungry at all
    I am supposed to go for WI 2mor but dont think I will due to stress and visiting mam etc...

Fair play 2 u all for losing this week, keep up the great work :D

Hope everyone had good weekend.

Take Care

Hi finglasgal,
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope all is going ok .
    Take care of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Jennypops wrote: »

Has anyone any tips for exercise- I hate it..I enjoy walking cos I have a dog and he loves getting out and about. I am aiming to get out for two walks a day, one in morning and one in evening and upping the pace. I have noticed that I am not out of breath as easy, altho that is probably becuase I stopped smoking in January as well.

fair play to you for giving up the ciggies!well done it's no easy task but once its done you start to feel a lot better about yourself!
    with the excercise, I hate walking aswel! I find it so boring :P so whenever I decide to go for a walk I tell myself I'm going to go to a certain point in the road (I live in a town so its the nearest shop to me) and when I get there I'll pick another point in the road to get to, it keeps me motivated anyway! I also bring the ipod and I downloaded the Running Trax 2 album, it has loads of upbeat dancey songs (which I normally despise) but they keep me going aswel! I also try to have a bit of variety with excercise cos I find if I do the same thing over and over I'll get bored and just not bother!:D Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement