Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

skinneminnie - that is fab - well done - can u tell me how long it took u to loose the 2 stone - reason I ask is I have the same amount of weight to loose (well + extra 6lbs!) and just started WW last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

princess00 wrote: »
    Hi All, another newbie!!

I joined ww 7 weeks ago for the third time in my life, I have never stuck past 7 pounds before and I am now only 4 lbs away from my stone!!! I cant wait to get that little glass stone hee hee, I have 2.5 stones to lose alltogether to get back into my skinny jeans and mountains of size 10 clothes that are hanging in my wardrobe! So this time I am determined to do it!

Itsallaboutme, I would recommend you stay with the meetings as that is always what happened to me, Id lose my silver seven then try go it alone and would put it all back on and more, there's nothing like a public weekly weigh in to keep you motivated, its too easy to cheat when you have noone to face up to! also I walk about 2-3 times and week and do aqua aerobivs on a wednesday and I find the aqua great, you get out what you put in and its great for toning!

Anyway its great to join this forum for tips and support!

princess00,

thanks for that i think i will try get back to it next week my classes are on monday evenings! its just embarrassing going back kinda feels a bit like i failed :mad: but i think ill suck it up this time:eek:. starting the aqua aerobics next week so it should be fun if nothing else!!!

already picking up some tips and advice so thanks all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone

Hope you dont mind me jumping on! I rejoined WW last night and i hit the scales at 14 stone 12lbs I lost 24 lbs before and have put it all back on :mad:

Im determined to lose 30lbs or even more by Christmas!

Would love any advice you all have to give!

x

hi lots2lose!

im rejoining my class next monday after stopping for about three weeks think i stayed the same but those scales always read different to mine at home so you never know:eek:

like you i rejoined my class about two months ago after losing two and a half stone and then piled it all back on again in half the time it took to lose it in the first place:mad: im really gonna try stick with it even after i reach goal just to keep an eye on it!

stick with it track track track and track some more good luck with it:) remember you did it before you can do it again;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Skinny Minnie

lmb wrote: »
    skinneminnie - that is fab - well done - can u tell me how long it took u to loose the 2 stone - reason I ask is I have the same amount of weight to loose (well + extra 6lbs!) and just started WW last week.

Hi lmb

Its taken me since Sept 08, about 8 months, its been a gradual steady weight loss. Best of luck with it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hi lots2lose!

im rejoining my class next monday after stopping for about three weeks think i stayed the same but those scales always read different to mine at home so you never know:eek:

like you i rejoined my class about two months ago after losing two and a half stone and then piled it all back on again in half the time it took to lose it in the first place:mad: im really gonna try stick with it even after i reach goal just to keep an eye on it!

stick with it track track track and track some more good luck with it:) remember you did it before you can do it again;)
    lots2lose wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Hope you dont mind me jumping on! I rejoined WW last night and i hit the scales at 14 stone 12lbs I lost 24 lbs before and have put it all back on :mad:

Im determined to lose 30lbs or even more by Christmas!

Would love any advice you all have to give!

x

Similar to you guys, I lost just under 2 stone last year but put a stone back on. Was dreading going back for the past few months but once you get back in there and get some motivation from your class and leader, you'll be back on track in no time! I'm in my 2nd week back and am really enjoying it. Found last week a bit tough, was quite hungry a lot, but my appetite seems to have reduced already and am looking forward to dropping a few stone, fingers crossed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Thanks for the replies guys! its mad isnt it? when i'm in WW I watch everything but the minute i stopped I lost the disipline and it piled back on!

im really hoping that i will get 10-14lbs off by the end of June
    when i head on my holiers! do you guys think thats achievable? xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi all,
    I posted last week after rejoining.
    Like alot here I lost two stone last year and after one stone crept back on I rejoined.
    Weighed in last week at 11st 3.51bs.
    Down 3.5ibs at my weigh in today.

I am delighted. That's the most I've ever lost in a week. I went to the gym four times in the 7 days and watched what i ate.
    I enjoyed some beers last Friday and Sat night but I compensated for this with the exercise and still lost 3.5ibs. Just shows how effective it can be.
    I am determined to be back in the 10stone arena next week more than ever and please God be 10 7ibs by my holidays on June 18th.

I'm happy to then focus hard on getting to goal which for me I think will be somewhere between 9 and 10 stone.
    Best of luck to everyone on here and thanks for the support.
    Everyone can do it!

I honestly think its the scare factor that keeps me on track with WW!!!!:)
    i remember one of the other girls at one of the meetings telling us that during the week she cannot remember half of what she ate but when she is standing in line waiting to weigh in she can recall every last thing she ate while her stomach does summer salts (is that spelling right?!!). its the same for me:eek: while the leader is a lovely person and very helpful I still get so nervous before i weigh in!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys! its mad isnt it? when i'm in WW I watch everything but the minute i stopped I lost the disipline and it piled back on!

Hey, everyone loses weight at different speeds but I would say this is achievable! You've 6 weeks and you need to lose about 2lbs a week on average to lose what you want. How much were you losing on average last time you were in WW? If you don't lose that amount before holidays you can always come back afterwards anyway!

• Advertisement

they say 1-2lbs a week is the healthy way so 10-14lbs in 6 weeks sounds about right!! as said above though everyone is different so it depends but defo sounds achievable!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi ShellyBelly08......Dont be too put off by staying the same, if you keep being good you will definitely see the results next week. The body is a wierd and wondrous thing and each week brings its own surprise!!!

Im just back from weigh in and I stayed the same also. Still 3.5 lbs to go to achieve my mini goal in the next 2 weeks so will have to play a blinder this week and next.....I know I can and I know you can too.

Onwards and Downwards folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

:DHi there Im just after joining this morning and have read through the little booklet thing.I decided to join after a friend of mine joined back in January and has lost just over 25lbs and she looks fab. Ive never done this before. I weighed in at 15s 12 and hope to loose 25lbs before christmas but realise it may be a bit adventurous a goal.I hope to loose about 54lbs in the end. Im glad I started though. After christmas I managed to loose nearly a stone but put most of it back on as I was moving and had exams on at the same time it was all pretty stressful to me.
    Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?
    Anyone know how to beat the evening nibbles?

ive discovered the best way to stop myself munching my way through a packet of chocolate digestives is to get out for a walk or get away from the tv for while!i find its boredom that sends me into the kitchen cupboards so if i occupy myself im not looking for bickies!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

havn`t posted in a long time! was down 2.5 to-day,delighted!
    hello to all new posters and well done on all the losses!
    hope to keep it up now! cheers for now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi Everyone,Well had my first weigh in on wednesday and I was 10s 11 1/2 which wasnt to bad as I was sure I was going to be 11 going by my scales and the scale difference at ww. A few things have changed since I was at in last in 2007, have to say I perfer the book to the binder I find it tricky finding things in it, biggest difference was bread we were always told a slice of bread was one and half points so 2 slices where 3 points, now 2 slices are 21/2 im still counting them as 3 just to be sure. Also you know the first book you get to kick start you it gives you 16 points to eat and 2 points for milk intake for the week so thats 18 points but what if your weekly point allowance is only 15 do you take the extra points for the first week? and then continue on the following weeks at the correct point intake. Also the core programme is gone, I always used the points but my cousin did it with me last time and she loved the core plan. Im finding it grand so far but the dreeded week end is here. I swear my week ends are making me fat and its not so much the drink (Vodka and diet coke) its the munchies the next day, had thought about giving up drink it lasted about a minute and then pictured a nice cold vodka with lemon and ice and said no, ill sacrafice the food but not the drink ill just have to learn to control the eating afterwards instead.Well hope ye are all getting on well and roll on wednesday till I found out how ive done. pg it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

What is the best options points wise to have for Sunday lunch in a restaurant. I am awful bad at spotting the hidden points, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

hi all...had first WI last night & lost 1.5lb (very good considering very bad weekend with parties, junk food & lots of beer)....

Although felt little disheartened as i had done the wi-fit for few nights and according to that i was down almost 2kg which was 4.5lbs....wonder where the 3lbs is hiding that i lost??

anyone find that the wi-fit weight is not accurate - i know the WW scales weight is higher with shoes etc but didn't think it light clothes & light shoes would be 3lb...

but totally on track now just finished those light crackers & small tub of philio and had my porridge with slimline milk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

Hi all, haven't posted here in a while but have been reading the posts, Congratulations to everyone who's on here, be it that you're doing really well at your weightloss, sticking at it even though its not going great, or just starting and trying to get into it. I've been at WW several times before, joined up in January this year and have lost 2 stone 2.5pounds so far. I still have a long way to go, but would say to anyone out there that all you need is one pound at a time, and the stones will look after themselves! And if you have a bad day, or a bad week, forget about it and move on - whats done is done and if you've lost weight before, even as little as a half pound, then you know you can do it again :D

So congrats everyone on giving it a go! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Hows the week going? It's going ok for me. Keeping to points and stuff but my appetite ain't back to 100%. Its horrible not having a proper want for food and getting enjoyment from it!

Thanks 1lbAtaTime! I am feeling loads better, second set of antibiotics kicking in!! Thats great to lose after that loss! Did you do anything different? I really hope I stay the same or I'd be happy with a half pound loss!!

J x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Thanks 1lbatatime..i no your right its jus a big bugger when u no uv been really good and u dnt get the results hopefully this week il see something even a lb would do...Yeah iv my fingers crossed for the two of us 3lb more and mini goal achieved :D:D Hope you have a great week...:)

My week has started with an awful tummy bug.:(:(..back eating today...Thank god was only 24hr thing!!..still not a great appetite tho...Trying to have food that wont upset my stomach again!!

Hopefully il get through the week ok...havent exercised yet either very weak yday and today and working tamo so itll be sunday if im lucky!!

Good Luck to everyone for week ahead...!! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess00

hi all...had first WI last night & lost 1.5lb (very good considering very bad weekend with parties, junk food & lots of beer)....

Although felt little disheartened as i had done the wi-fit for few nights and according to that i was down almost 2kg which was 4.5lbs....wonder where the 3lbs is hiding that i lost??

anyone find that the wi-fit weight is not accurate - i know the WW scales weight is higher with shoes etc but didn't think it light clothes & light shoes would be 3lb...

but totally on track now just finished those light crackers & small tub of philio and had my porridge with slimline milk....

Hi lmb,

Yes I agree about the wi fit, it tells me I am 75kg whch is 11.8 but when I weighed in yesterday on ww scales I was 11.12 :-(

Only lost 0.5 again this week, its so frustrating as Im totally sticking to it and exercising and I eat 99% of my meals at home so I know exactly what Im putting in them!! I really wanted to hit my stone by the end of may but now I dont think I will as I still have 4 to go and only 2 weeks to do it! oh well I guess I'll just try harder this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

The first time I used it my daughter was helping me and forwarded it before I checked my weight, when I went back and did the body test again it told me I had lost a pound since my last weigh in- seconds before, I hadn't even stepped off the board:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

The first time I used it my daughter was helping me and forwarded it before I checked my weight, when I went back and did the body test again it told me I had lost a pound since my last weigh in- seconds before, I hadn't even stepped off the board:pac:

Here's another one who agrees with the wiii fit weigh-ins, but b4 I hurt my back and knee I was doing it every day and it did balance out over the week, it tends to round up/down. If ur looking for a mini boost weigh in after a work out, I know its false (fluid loss) but its always nice to see it going down.
    I got g8 news, can finally go back to exercise again, got the thumbs up yesterday, to tell you the truth am a little bit frightenend, so am going to take it real slow, but at the same time it felt sooooo good when I was in the groove and exercising every day, had a spring back in my step.
    Best of luck to all over the weekend, and welcome to all newbies, ye will love it here

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Morning All,

Back after being completely off the wagon for 2 weeks (including my son's 1st Holy Communion) and shock of shocks had stayed the same on wi last thurs night so all happy!

Loads of new poeple here since I've last been on. Best of luck everybody!

Somebody asked a couple of posts back bout Sunday lunch out. If roast turkey (1/2 - 1 pt) is on the menu that would one of the best options, with loads of veg (00000) and a scoop or two of mashed potatoes (3 ish pts) and some gravy. Just stay away from desserts!!! :D

Very proud of myself last night, went to the Munster v Ospreys match with hubby and 2 kids and when getting the goodie bag ready for the kids through in the WW black forest bar, and after a cup of tea and bottle of water from BB's the bar is still in my bag! How good am I??????:D

Have a good weekend eveybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Hi guys,

I posted last week mentioning that I was taking weight watchers by myself using my girlfriends book and scales etc..

Well just to give you guys an update, I weighed myself tonight after a weeks effort and I am to my surprise 5lbs down in weight. its the pick me up I needed as I felt like just having a BIG MAC today but this little lift should push me on for the week.

Thanks for the words of encouragement during the week..

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GingerG

Hi all

I've just found this thread and thought i'd give it a go.
    Hit my goal a couple of years ago and thought i knew it all. I then put on a stone and a half (obviously i didn't know it all!!!!). I am now half a stone off my goal again and just really struggling to stick with it. I'm good Mon-Thurs and then it goes pear shaped.
    My wi is on Monday's and last week i went and had put up 2lbs. I don't think today is going to be much better (probably a lot worse if i'm honest!)I'm hoping these posts help me to kick start myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Ok I've been good all weekend. I have a communion Saturday and family dinner on Sunday, but I tracked and have been down all but one day when I went 2 points over. Exercise hasn't been good as I've been working late most nights (year end) and then just trying to stay on top of house work friends etc. But i have contacted the Dublin Indoor Sports League and asked them to put me on a basketball team and I am going back to playing. I have the ring (just have to get it put up) and hopefully that will give me exercise I enjoy. i hate walking just to walk (always have).
    WI tomorrow night and hopefully it'll be all good :-) Fingers crossed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all...

How was everyones weekend..?

Im glad to report that im much better and back eating properly yay :D:D
    Had a good weekend points wise didn even have a drink...however went out for dins las nite wit desert and all... Im hoping il still be ok for weds if i keep on track up until then! Was in gym yday and gonna try fit it in later too..

Happy monday everyone..!! Best of look to those WI today xx

• Advertisement

Well I was having a great week, very proud of myself. Saved points everyday because knew I was going to have a heavy night on Saturday. Bf's birthday yesterday so went out on Saturday night, drank quite a lot and as a result, yesterday was a complete write-off!! I didn't even bother tracking, I just wrote down on my tracker 1million points :o

In total I had:

A small roll with bacon
    About 7 chocolate fingers
    FOUR large bottles of Lucozade!!! (That's practically my whole points allowance gone in them alone!)
    A bloody Chinese; Kung Po chicken with boiled rice (was trying to redeem myself a bit here, usually get fried rice :D) plus a few prawn crackers dipped in curry sauce
    A bag of Maltesers
    A bag of Hula Hoops
    Lots more wine and champagne

Anyone care to do the sums?? :D:D Only joking, PLEASE don't!!! To be fair, I'd say at least half of what I consumed didn't stay down too long :o I'm back on track today. Dreading WI tomorrow night though!!

Hope everyone else's weekend was a lot better than mine :pac:

Mickyt, well done on the weight loss, hope you keep it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement