Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Kay_80 wrote: »
    WI this morning & I'm down 2lbs!! :D I'm so happy I could dance. So after eating all my points, including weeklies & about half of my activity points I still lost! So thrilled clearly all that schlepping around Berlin helped.

Congratulations. What a great boost to keep you motivated for the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Question:

My wife and M-in-L do the WW classes and I've piggey backed on(found the formula's on da net and created a spreadsheet for myself to calc my points, track my food and excersise). I've been doing it now for 4wks and have lost 10lbs. I weight 16st8lbs and i'm 1.77m tall @ a fine age of 32 which puts me on 49pt/day.

I started walking when I started WW, I have build up to about 15miles a week and will be adding to that/increasing intensity gradually.

The total points I tend to eat in a day is 30-35. I'm not deliberatly eating less than my daily pts, I'm just not hungry between meals(add veg to my meals and fruit to my snacks), I adjusted to the prortion sizes quite comfortably but in a recent conversation with work collagues they reckoned i'm 'starving' myself?!

Am I doing wrong by going 30% below my daily allowance?

Hi there, you are doing very well. However, you will not continue to see such a loss if you don't eat your recommended points especially if you are exercising as well. Put it another way, actually, if you lose 2lb a week eating your points and exercising, you'll won't see a big difference in the amount of weight lossed if you eat less. So, if you don't start off eating the correct amount you'll never know what suits you and works for you. More importantly it just won't be sustainable.

The other posters are correct, try and increase your points by eating more of or the full fat versions of good foods, ie: full milk, an extra slice of cheese, and extra slice of bread, a larger portion of cereal rather than eating more points from snack/treat type foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bigbonedmyass

gragirl wrote: »
    I made Harissa Chick Peas from the new WW Propoints recipe book last night for my lunch and it was really nice.

Fry off 1 courgette and 1 finely sliced red onion for 5mins.
    Add 4 teaspoons of Harissa paste and heat for a further 2/3 minutes.
    Remove from heat.
    Add drained tin of chickpeas.
    Stir in 4 tablespoons of the illusive Greek Yogart - or Natural as needs.

11ppts for entire recipe. Divide to two portions for 6ppts.

I warmed it in work and served with lettue and cucumber.
    Very tasty!

Thats great thanks a mil. Bread in any shape or form seems to be my absolute enemy. I love it but it doesnt love me. Im not sure if its pyschological but the weeks where I have bread I never have a happy loss...(.5 + is a happy loss for me!). I love chick peas so ill give that a bash.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

:eek:Hi all! Did not just fall off the horse yesterday....I ate the horse I fell off!!! A bit of a cycle forming here. All went well at WI. Down 1.5 lbs. Was delighted. Got up on Thursday morning totally disheartened at having to start all over again. Was not prepared for such a day and had no low point options stocked up. Suffice it to say I used almost all my weekly points yesterday alone.:eek:

I felt the same the previous Thursday but the kids were off and we went for a walk in Altimont which was just breath taking and the bad vibes vanished.

Sorted today but will have to plan a diversion for next Thursday morning!!!

Keep well all and have a good week. Best of luck with the weigh ins and watch out for the munchies!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

:eek:Hi all! Did not just fall off the horse yesterday....I ate the horse I fell off!!! A bit of a cycle forming here. All went well at WI. Down 1.5 lbs. Was delighted. Got up on Thursday morning totally disheartened at having to start all over again. Was not prepared for such a day and had no low point options stocked up. Suffice it to say I used almost all my weekly points yesterday alone.:eek:

I felt the same the previous Thursday but the kids were off and we went for a walk in Altimont which was just breath taking and the bad vibes vanished.

Sorted today but will have to plan a diversion for next Thursday morning!!!

Keep well all and have a good week. Best of luck with the weigh ins and watch out for the munchies!!;)
    haha was the horse tasty??

ah dont worry about it, if you feel like taking thursday to have a bad day every week then do especially since you had a good lose this week!! alot of people have a feast on wednesday night and then start afresh! whatever suits you will make your weightloss stay off longer.....if you restict yourself so much you will permenantly fall of the horse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

kashmir wrote: »
    Hi there, you are doing very well. However, you will not continue to see such a loss if you don't eat your recommended points especially if you are exercising as well. Put it another way, actually, if you lose 2lb a week eating your points and exercising, you'll won't see a big difference in the amount of weight lossed if you eat less. So, if you don't start off eating the correct amount you'll never know what suits you and works for you. More importantly it just won't be sustainable.

The other posters are correct, try and increase your points by eating more of or the full fat versions of good foods, ie: full milk, an extra slice of cheese, and extra slice of bread, a larger portion of cereal rather than eating more points from snack/treat type foods.

Thanks,

will have to try up my numbers a bit so ... are you supposed to use all points every day or do you go within 5 points or within 2pts of the dailoy amount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Went to WI last night, 0.5lbs down, 1lb to go to the stone :)

I'm going to try up my water intake this week and also go back to having some fruit with natural yogurt after my dinner to try and stop me from eating crap in the evenings.

Have been to the orthodontist this am for an adjustment on my braces (you could say I'm going for a whole image overhaul here :D) so I'll probably be in bits for the whole weekend now! Have a big batch of soup made though to stop me reaching for the soft buns that I normally have after an adjustment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bigbonedmyass

Pancake Tuesday!
    Makes 4 large pancakes at 3 ProPoints each
    Whisk together 120g plain flour, I large egg, pinch of salt and ½ pint of skimmed milk until smooth. Use low fat cooking spray to grease the frying pan. Pour in small amounts of the mixture to thinly cover the bottom of the frying pan. As the batter cooks it starts to come away from the edge of the pan and will slide around. At this point toss it, or turn it over, to finish cooking the other side.

Pancake toppings:
    Chocolate spread 15g 2 ProPoints
    Sugar 1 teaspoon 1 ProPoints
    Lemon or lime juice 0 ProPoints
    Jam 1 heaped teaspoon 18g 1 ProPoints
    Honey 1 heaped teaspoon 15g 1 ProPoints
    Butter 2 teaspoons 10g 2 ProPoints
    Low fat spread 2 teaspoons 10g 1 ProPoints

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Shoe Lover wrote: »

I'm going to try up my water intake this week and also go back to having some fruit with natural yogurt after my dinner to try and stop me from eating crap in the evenings.

Have been to the orthodontist this am for an adjustment on my braces (you could say I'm going for a whole image overhaul here :D) so I'll probably be in bits for the whole weekend now! Have a big batch of soup made though to stop me reaching for the soft buns that I normally have after an adjustment!
    well done, you will so lose that pound.... loads of water is the key and walking too.....youll prob surpass it!!

oohh so jealous id love braces, say painful but soo worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Thanks,

will have to try up my numbers a bit so ... are you supposed to use all points every day or do you go within 5 points or within 2pts of the dailoy amount?
    use all your points;) although going 1 or 2 under mightened do any harm,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Shoe Lover wrote: »

oh god i remember the ache after getting them adjusted,,but sooooo worth it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

:D This little treat is getting me through the weeks. :D

2 sponge fingers (the thin ones) = 1pp, or 3 @ 2pp.
    0% Suagr free jelly strawberry= 0pp
    Tin of drained fruit cocktail or fresh strawberries = 0pp

I make mine in 4/5 glass tumblers- and have on their own or if i have points left with 50g/ 100g of low fat custard @ 1pp/ 2pp.. or with my own homemade banana ice (frozen pieces of chopped bananas blitzed into a smooth paste and re frozen to harden a little)..

I swear to god it's a life saver :)

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    well done, you will so lose that pound.... loads of water is the key and walking too.....youll prob surpass it!!

oohh so jealous id love braces, say painful but soo worth it!!

Thanks Dubgirlww - I really want to do well this week! Braces are defo worth it, best spent money in the world!
    tantipie wrote: »
    oh god i remember the ache after getting them adjusted,,but sooooo worth it:)

They actually arent' that sore, he only changed a power chain :D

In other news, I stopped in Sainsburys on the way home in Newry & if anyone gets the chance they should stop in! They have great deals on the WW stuff! A lot of the stuff is 2 for £2 and I got two packets of the Denny Low Fat Sausages which I have never seen down here :) Great value on the diet drinks too - I got a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper Zero & a 6 pack of Sprite zero for £5! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I make mine in 4/5 glass tumblers- and have on their own or if i have points left with 50g/ 100g of low fat custard @ 1pp/ 2pp.. or with my own homemade banana ice (frozen pieces of chopped bananas blitzed into a smooth paste and re frozen to harden a little)..

I have the 'coffee biscuits' also known as speculoos(imported by my relations from belgium), crush 2 of them into a vannilla flavoured dessert(lidl)!! mmmmmh :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

what brand of lady fingers do you use? that sounds yummmmy!
    Made a big bowl of sugar free jelly...going to pig out later on tonight after dinner. weight in tomorrow morning, dont want to have loads of heavy food in my stomach, so going to have earlish dinner then scoff the jelly later if i get peckish :P

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Turn a bag of Maltesers into this simple yet utterly delicious dessert. Enjoy

Ingredients
    74 g Maltesers Pouch
    2 tablespoons Sugar, Muscovado
    2 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    410 ml Milk, Evaporated

Instructions
    Pour evaporated milk into a large bowl. Add vanilla extract and sugar. Whisk with hand-held electric beaters until thick and foamy, until mixture is roughly three times original volume.

Add Maltesers and stir.

Tip mixture into rigid freezer container and freeze until firm. Before serving, remove from freezer for 10 minutes so that ice cream softens slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Turn a bag of Maltesers into this simple yet utterly delicious dessert. Enjoy

Ingredients
    74 g Maltesers Pouch
    2 tablespoons Sugar, Muscovado
    2 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    410 ml Milk, Evaporated

Instructions
    Pour evaporated milk into a large bowl. Add vanilla extract and sugar. Whisk with hand-held electric beaters until thick and foamy, until mixture is roughly three times original volume.

Add Maltesers and stir.

Tip mixture into rigid freezer container and freeze until firm. Before serving, remove from freezer for 10 minutes so that ice cream softens slightly.

Oh that sounds soooooooooooo yummy :D must give this a try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, I have officially fallen off the wagon. Went out for one of the girls in work leaving do yesterday. Ended up having 2 iced buns during tea break. Then at the function had 1 and a half bottles of wine mixed with lemonade because they didn't have large bottles of diet 7up. Canapes.... I had chicken wings, wedges, cocktail sausages, nacho's oh god it sounds terrible when I write it down. And then today in my hungover state in work, had a fry for breakfast (had to skip brekkie as was late) and a roll with chips & curry sauce for lunch :(

Have definitely eaten all my points for the day and all my dailies and its only 6pm :( I know I am going to want nibbles later aswell, I think I am going to just write yesterday and today off and start a fresh tomorrow.

Do you think if I am good from tomorrow til Wednesday (WI) and exercise every day that I will undo any damage, and even hopefully be down half a lb (which is needed for my next silver 7 and I really really want it)???????

Also, my scales at home is telling me I am up about 4lbs, that can't be true can it? The only good thing about all this is I think I have gone through about 7 500ml bottles of water today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Finally reached the one stone mark, took 8 weeks, as i have a lot to lose i thought i might get there quicker but hey, sure if i keep at it and the scales keep coming down slowly I am gonna get there in the end this time.
    Had a bit of bug this week which meant i couldnt eat much but its my totm also so hopefully those factors will cancel each other out and if i keep on track on this week I can keep those numbers on a downward spiral.

Hiya, I have a lot (A LOT) to lose and it is annoying me at how slow it is with propoints, at this rate it is going to take 2 years!!!!! With the old plan, I lost 23lbs (1 stone 9lbs) in 9 weeks but with propoints it has been 11lbs in 8 weeks. I know they are still reasonable losses, but it is just so slow and so disheartening when u see people much smaller people getting big numbers, especially as I have over 6 stone to lose.

Sorry for depressing rant..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Monife wrote: »
    Well, I have officially fallen off the wagon. Went out for one of the girls in work leaving do yesterday. Ended up having 2 iced buns during tea break. Then at the function had 1 and a half bottles of wine mixed with lemonade because they didn't have large bottles of diet 7up. Canapes.... I had chicken wings, wedges, cocktail sausages, nacho's oh god it sounds terrible when I write it down. And then today in my hungover state in work, had a fry for breakfast (had to skip brekkie as was late) and a roll with chips & curry sauce for lunch :(

Have definitely eaten all my points for the day and all my dailies and its only 6pm :( I know I am going to want nibbles later aswell, I think I am going to just write yesterday and today off and start a fresh tomorrow.

Do you think if I am good from tomorrow til Wednesday (WI) and exercise every day that I will undo any damage, and even hopefully be down half a lb (which is needed for my next silver 7 and I really really want it)???????

Also, my scales at home is telling me I am up about 4lbs, that can't be true can it? The only good thing about all this is I think I have gone through about 7 500ml bottles of water today.

hiya - i was that way and worse (much worse) last week. I even had an all you can eat Chinese the day before weigh in with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses of champagne (celebrating my dad's birthday) and that wasn't even my worst day. I went in to weigh in and thought i was going to be up about 2lbs. I still lost 1.5lbs. I understand that the following week is when its going to hit me, but i'm sticking to my points this week and feel that i'll be down again. You're going the right direction and have lost an awful lot. Falling off the wagon is not a bad thing once you recognize it and stop as soon as you can (don't stay off for 6 months and be back at square 1) my leader is all about 'living the plan'. She insists that no matter who you are, you are never going to have a 'perfect week'. Life in general will always put obsticals in your way and its how you deal with them that defines the plan. Don't worry, you're back on track now to that next silver 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me how many pp is in a chicken chop suey from the chinese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Write it off, start a fresh. You may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb though.......so enjoy tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

what brand of lady fingers do you use? that sounds yummmmy!
    Made a big bowl of sugar free jelly...going to pig out later on tonight after dinner. weight in tomorrow morning, dont want to have loads of heavy food in my stomach, so going to have earlish dinner then scoff the jelly later if i get peckish :P

Boudair this time!! But normally just tesco own brand!! So yum.. And can't wait to try the maltesers recipe.. Yu-um!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

That sounds like my day too, out last night nibbles and plenty of vodka this morning i started off well made my breakfast smoothie but caved at about 10 and got a breakfast roll and a galaxy, back from the brink with a salad for lunch, but now i'm fighting a dominoes urge!
    I have WI on Monday, so i'm here with my tracker trying to work out how much damage control I can do between now and Monday! AAGGHHH!

oh god just had the nicest chicken dinner....
    just wish i'd written down the marinade as I was making it...I was kinda just going by my nose...what ever smelt good....but roughly i think this is what i put into it

1 tablesoon Colemans Dijion Mustard (1pp)
    1 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
    1 tablespoon finely diced garlic
    1 finely diced red onion

then i just went nuts with seasonsings...

freshly ground black peppercorns
    freshly ground white peppercorns
    freshly ground red chili flakes with sea salt (got it in aldi)
    a medium dash of dried coriander leaves
    a medium dash of schwartz special blend for chicken (glass with purple lid)
    a small dash of cumin

I put all this into recipe builder on ww.co.uk and whole marinade is 1pp....best pp i ever spent! OH MY GOD the chicken stayed so moist!

did my usual trick....2 chicken breasts into plastic bags. flattened them with hammers, then with a knife put a few slits into the chicken to let the marinade penetrate into the meat. put the two breasts into zip lock bag, poured in marinade, gave it a good shake and let it sit for few hours in fridge (the longer you leave it the more flavour develops)

few sprays of low fry oil on pre heated George foreman, and cooked for 6 - 8 mins....

I had loads of extra points today so decided to have less carbs and more protein in my dinner tonight

2 large chicken breasts (9pp) (170g each)
    Marinade (1pp)
    300g boiled potatos (6pp)
    Boiled Cauliflower forgot to weight it...but its (0pp)

If the marinade was being used to marinade chicken for two people...i'd call it 0pp

Oh sweet devine i'm STUFFED! and my mum got me fresh strawberries :p my jelly hadnt set yet so i chopped them up and threw them into the jelly for later...

and i have a big appetite....takes alot to make me stuffed!

great use of 16 points Lainy - sounds fab

Dee01 wrote: »
    great use of 16 points Lainy - sounds fab

Brain food!

I have a GOOD BIT TO LOSE....so i'm a pretty high point allowance...16pp for one meal....i feel like a pig sometimes...but the points are there to be used...

i used 5 for breakfast, 10 for lunch, 16 for dinner, 6 on coffee (Gloria Jeans)
    Still have 7 left :O Its actually amazing what you can fit in when you get a little creative :P

Think i'm finally back on track....2 good days in a row...even if tomorrow's wi isnt the greatest result...the last two days of being good will go towards next weeks result :)

Brain food!

I have a GOOD BIT TO LOSE....so i'm a pretty high point allowance...16pp for one meal....i feel like a pig sometimes...but the points are there to be used...

i used 5 for breakfast, 10 for lunch, 16 for dinner, 6 on coffee (Gloria Jeans)
    Still have 7 left :O Its actually amazing what you can fit in when you get a little creative :P

Think i'm finally back on track....2 good days in a row...even if tomorrow's wi isnt the greatest result...the last two days of being good will go towards next weeks result :)

i'd defo use this. Even at 16pp, its really good. I would imagine you're really full after it too, so it would stop me picking on sweets :P

keep 'em coming Lainy :o

Dee01 wrote: »
    i'd defo use this. Even at 16pp, its really good. I would imagine you're really full after it too, so it would stop me picking on sweets :P

keep 'em coming Lainy :o

I think its the extra chicken has really made me stuffed...i'm a serial snacker! so if i can stuff my self to the brim with tasty healthy food and stay within my points...bring it on.

I normally just use 1 chicken breast...so for a "normal" portion would be a 11pp (10pp of you were using only half the marinade and making two portions)

Large chicken breast (165g) 4pp
    2 Large chicken breasts 9pp

• Advertisement

Hiya, I have a lot (A LOT) to lose and it is annoying me at how slow it is with propoints, at this rate it is going to take 2 years!!!!! With the old plan, I lost 23lbs (1 stone 9lbs) in 9 weeks but with propoints it has been 11lbs in 8 weeks. I know they are still reasonable losses, but it is just so slow and so disheartening when u see people much smaller people getting big numbers, especially as I have over 6 stone to lose.

A girl in our class this week was telling us that it has taken her nearly two years to loss 4Stone 9lbs and she still has a good bit to go. She was getting a bit disheartened so the leader gave her a heart sticker to remind her not to lose heart - it was a nice touch. I think a lot of ppl are finding it very slow, but the leader reckons that the slower the better. That's what I'm believing anyway. She also said you should set goals! So I'm setting a goal of being at my next target of 10Stone 2lbs by my birthday (six weeks from today) - it's a loss of 6.5lb!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement