Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Morning all,
    Trying to keep up with this thread should earn us activity points !! :D
    It moves so fast - by the time Monday morning comes around there is just too much to read - I wish I could log in and get a pop-up summary of all the unread posts !! :D

Anyway, I had a fairly bad weekend. TWO parties on Saturday meant cocktail sausages, samosas and cake - lots of cake!!
    I took my little boy to the park yesterday with a football and made him kick it all over the place so I could run after it!
    God only knows how things are going to look on the scales on Tuesday!

Has anybody noticed their taste buds changing? I would NEVER have eaten a broccoli salad before but I had one on Friday and enjoyed every bite.
    And on Saturday I ate one pringle and thought it tasted of powder!
    Just a small observation!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Do peops find that drinking the 2Ltr of water daily makes a big difference to loosing weight? or is it a nice to do to clean the system kinda?

It definitely helps with the weight loss!! I try to drink 2 litres every day and 3 litres on days when im exercising. I find it easy to do during the week as I have a litre bottle here on my desk at work that I fill up twice and drink during the day but at the weekends its a bit harder!

Kay_80 wrote: »
    That's brilliant news pixiegirl well done to you! I'm absolutely thrilled for you & such a big loss makes you even more determined to stick at it again this week :)

Aw thanx a million Kay, I am so happy I stuck with it. Had a few terrible weeks and was gonna throw in the towel. Me and my boyfriend of 5 years broke up and I was comfort eating the whole time, put up a good few pounds and didnt go to any weigh ins but of course that only made me feel a million times worse. Decided to start fresh and really give it everything, so glad that it payed off :)

Well done to you too Kay for having a good weekend and not reaching for any hangover food... its very hard to do! I read somewhere that porridge is actually a great hangover food so I had a massive bowl of it yesterday morning with a banana and some honey and I think it actually worked!
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    Morning all,
    Trying to keep up with this thread should earn us activity points !! :D
    It moves so fast - by the time Monday morning comes around there is just too much to read - I wish I could log in and get a pop-up summary of all the unread posts !! :D

Anyway, I had a fairly bad weekend. TWO parties on Saturday meant cocktail sausages, samosas and cake - lots of cake!!
    I took my little boy to the park yesterday with a football and made him kick it all over the place so I could run after it!
    God only knows how things are going to look on the scales on Tuesday!

Has anybody noticed their taste buds changing? I would NEVER have eaten a broccoli salad before but I had one on Friday and enjoyed every bite.
    And on Saturday I ate one pringle and thought it tasted of powder!
    Just a small observation!

Ha ha ha bubbaloo we should definitely earn activity points for keeping up with this thread!

Fair play for getting in some exercise and not writing off the whole weekend after the 2 parties!

Definitely notice my taste buds changing, not craving junk food as much and when I do have it it doesnt taste as good as I expect it too if that makes sense! And its just not worth it points wise! Id rather use my points on something healthy and filling and not processed foods which have me craving more junk food an hour later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just made the cottage pie i normally use Quorn for. used chicken mince :)
    tweaked the seasonings a little to complement chicken, as the recipe i had seasonings were for a beef/qourn.

well wow! it smells GREAT! I made it now to reheat later for my dinner, i wont have the energy later for cooking from all the studying. my brain is slowly starting to turn to goo...and i have another 3 or 4 hours of study to get in before bed.

one thing i was amazed with the chicken mince.....VERY VERY little fat came out of it...the pan was virtually dry..

secondly...the mince barely shrunk at all, i always find beef mince shrinks...and no matter how lean it is..you always see fat juice come out.

the real test will be in the taste later. I've never used chicken mince before...so looking forward to trying it.

Lainy where do you get your chicken mince??

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

IM A DISASTER!!! well on weekends mainly and im blaming my boyfriend haha!! my OH lives in the midlands so only see him at the weekend mainly sat night to sunday most weekends!!

was so good in gym thurs, friday evenings and then did a 2 hour walk in lough dan with the girls...last 20 mins torture uphill but sooo worth it!! did stop for a break were i had small 12g skips(good), 3 rice cakes(good) and then a massive caramel slice(bad...but soo yum). anyone hazard the points....bout size if my palm? had loads of points for day so didnt mind the caramel slice, and allowed a treat now and then!!

had a really good dinner then himself arrived and off to cinema, i got popcorn and curley wurly to be good!! but he bought 2 bags of haribos...pointed before cinema out of interested and was 19 pps for 200g bags......i ended up eating my grub and then a whole bag of his jellies!!!! couldnt help myself!!

then yest nice small bowl of bran flakes to set me up for a good day but then had a lunch out, opted for salmon with cabbage, carrots/parsnip mix, mash and one roast but sauce on it that i dont have a clue what points would be...sorta creamy so say high :( then cuz OH still hungry desserts were mentioned and next thing i know i had ordered pavalova....not too bad but big portion, demolished the cream on side, fruit and the sugery sauce(that was decoration)....but had stayed pretty much within dailies at this stage!! then boyf went home and i had a ww pizza(12pp), huge salad and then went and bought a caramel slice(10pp??) and 8 centra cookies(20pp) and velvet crunch(2pp) in shop!! devoured all then had 6 rice cakes too(4pp)!! i just couldnt get full.....so weeklies gone and well went over!!

didnt drink this weekend and loads exercises(i can barely walk from it) so fingers crossed i get the FINAL 1/2 pound i need to get gold!!

sorry for my long Monday rant.....think this is the 3rd week in a row haha!!
    back on track and booked in for classes in gym to repair damage!!

well done everyone else and keep up your motivation, weekends are for living and weekdays are for slimming i say!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    I am delighted this morning, I am down 4.75lbs!!! :eek: Thats my biggest loss ever since joining WW! :eek: Cant believe it! I was so close to giving up not so long ago cos have had a really tough few weeks with personal things but am thrilled I stuck with it! I tracked everything this week, did loads of exercise and drank loads of water, used all my dailies, about 3/4 of my weeklies (mostly on alcohol at the weekend) and didnt use any activity points... Feeling great... heres to another good week hopefully! :D

What a great start to the week. Congratulations on the big loss. I have had a sneaky peek on my home scales this morning & I think I am down 2lbs. WI tomorrow morning. Doesn't a good result give you so much motivation to keep on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    It definitely helps with the weight loss!! I try to drink 2 litres every day and 3 litres on days when im exercising. I find it easy to do during the week as I have a litre bottle here on my desk at work that I fill up twice and drink during the day but at the weekends its a bit harder!

ok, have my first litre drank already! the aul' water bottle on the desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Just some stuff I have PP'd sofar for my wife and I:

points list.xls -> excel 2003
    points list.xlsx -> excel2007

both should print out on 2 pages if you set it to 1 wide 2 tall when printing;)

This is just fantastic, thanks a lot for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

see spreadsheets attached -

receipes.xlsx for excel2007
    receipes.xls for excel2003

just to clarify, all the praise should go to people that have posted these receipes, i merely gathered them, the deserve the thanks

Ah here, you are just fantastic - thanks again for sharing this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

Can anyone do me a favour and point this for me i left my book at home today like an eejit?
    Protein - 26.8
    Carb - 4.1
    Fat - 3.6
    Fibre - 0.1

Sorry to be a nuisance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Joining my local weight watchers tomorrow, looking forward to it, some fab recipes on here so fair play to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

I've lost 4.5 stone now, and excercise for 35-40 minutes 6 days a week. People keep saying to me that i must really see a huge difference in my energy levels now, but i find the opposite to be true. I can honestly say that i have never been as tired. I woke up this morning, exhausted even though i had a very quiet weekend. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?:confused:

eefums wrote: »
    Can anyone do me a favour and point this for me i left my book at home today like an eejit?
    Protein - 26.8
    Carb - 4.1
    Fat - 3.6
    Fibre - 0.1

Sorry to be a nuisance

Its 4 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

eefums wrote: »
    Protein - 26.8
    Carb - 4.1
    Fat - 3.6
    Fibre - 0.1

Sorry to be a nuisance

Brand new one too...

fofany wrote: »
    What a great start to the week. Congratulations on the big loss. I have had a sneaky peek on my home scales this morning & I think I am down 2lbs. WI tomorrow morning. Doesn't a good result give you so much motivation to keep on track.

It really does, I just feel great after it and cant stop smiling to myself! Work colleagues prob think im a weirdo ha ha :)
    ok, have my first litre drank already! the aul' water bottle on the desk!

Fair play to u, keep it up, Ive half a litre downed :D
    Gonna start taking the bottle home with me at the weekend I think to remind me to drink it!
    Joining my local weight watchers tomorrow, looking forward to it, some fab recipes on here so fair play to everyone.

Best of luck with it, this thread is brilliant for recipes and advice so you've come to the right place!
    mcb81 wrote: »
    I've lost 4.5 stone now, and excercise for 35-40 minutes 6 days a week. People keep saying to me that i must really see a huge difference in my energy levels now, but i find the opposite to be true. I can honestly say that i have never been as tired. I woke up this morning, exhausted even though i had a very quiet weekend. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?:confused:

First of all congrats on the massive weight loss!!! It is surprising that your energy levels have not picked up though...
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    How many hours sleep do you get a night?
    Do you drink much water during the day and throughout your exercises?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

Its 4 points.
    Brand new one too..

thanks a mill guys, new to this so cant estimate roughly things yet like withthe old system years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi Mcb, firstly WELL DONE! that loss is fantastic!
    from time to time I really have to drag myself off the couch to exercise, but once i get going I'm fine, and have loads of energy after the session! Maybe it could be the diet! I know you are prob an expert at this stage and know what works for you, but with all that exercise extra protien might help, your muscles need it, and of course your standard slow release energy foods, good fats in other words, avacado's, nuts pulses etc
    Keep up the good work, the sunshine lately has definately put a spring in my step( no pun intended!! :D)

First of all congrats on the massive weight loss!!! It is surprising that your energy levels have not picked up though...
    Do you drink much water during the day and throughout your exercises?[/QUOTE]

Hey I alternate between the excercise bike i try to keep over 100 rotations/min at level 5 one day, threadmill at 6.8 to 7.2 kms/hr for 30 mins the next and the cross trainer aerobics mode at level 5 for 30mins the next. Some days I add in 2kms on the rowing machine too. I definitely feel much fitter and feel knackered but great afterwards. Its just i wake up feeling exhausted every morning.
    I am drinking at least 2 litres of water during the day, (thank God my classroom is next to the toilets!!) and 1 litre during excercise and am getting the same amount of sleep I always got.
    Was just wondering if anyone else further along the journey had experienced the same and if it is just a stage on the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

I am drinking at least 2 litres of water during the day, (thank God my classroom is next to the toilets!!) and 1 litre during excercise and am getting the same amount of sleep I always got.
    Was just wondering if anyone else further along the journey had experienced the same and if it is just a stage on the process.

Have you got your bloods checked recently? It might be worth just checking for anaemia or a vitamin deficiency. Are you taking any supplements? Sometimes a multivitamin can help, esp ones with B vitamins. Just a suggestion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

irishfm wrote: »
    Lainy where do you get your chicken mince??

I got it from the Old English Market (the chicken inn) in cork city, but any good butcher should be able to mince of chicken breasts for you.

It really was so nice! and i was amazed at home much of it there was...way more food on the plate if i'd used the same weight of beef mince!

• Advertisement

Do you drink much water during the day and throughout your exercises?

Hey I alternate between the excercise bike i try to keep over 100 rotations/min at level 5 one day, threadmill at 6.8 to 7.2 kms/hr for 30 mins the next and the cross trainer aerobics mode at level 5 for 30mins the next. Some days I add in 2kms on the rowing machine too. I definitely feel much fitter and feel knackered but great afterwards. Its just i wake up feeling exhausted every morning.

your might just need to start getting more sleep...with that amount of exercise your body and muscles might need more recover. I know you say your getting the same amount of sleep as you always have....but have you always been doing that much excercise...Holland & Barret staff are fantastic, cos they are all trained in alternative medicine,

they do a B-complex with extra B12 which i find great, it helps with getting energy from your food, especially protein which is what you need for muscle repair after excercise, (it will turn your pee florecent yellow, but thats normal...so even tho your drinking buckets of water it'll still be bright yellow)

I can be a horrible sleeper at times...i can go to bed for 12 hours and wake up exhausted...but thats cos i'm a kicket...i kick and toss in my sleep, which uses up energy before i even wake up, Most chemists/boots/health shops stock a herbal sleeping aid, called Natrasleep. its great for getting good quality sleep, i dont toss and turn half as much when i use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Girls Diet Coke have a £5 off £20 (euro equivalent) spent voucher for ASOS! The voucher code is viable until 31st July so I'm going to save them and get myself a new wardrobe for my birthday on 14th July. Hopefully I'll have lost most of my weight lost by then! 12st atm so about 2/2.5 st to lose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

WI tonight!

Did 15 mins on the step and 10mins of squats last night to try and do damage control for that damn pizza, hopefully it'll have worked! Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it said 2 off but I wouldn't trust my scales - still nice to think though :)

Lainy how'd the exam go?

misslt wrote: »
    WI tonight!

Did 15 mins on the step and 10mins of squats last night to try and do damage control for that damn pizza, hopefully it'll have worked! Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it said 2 off but I wouldn't trust my scales - still nice to think though :)

Lainy how'd the exam go?

really surprisingly well! It was Anatomy & Physiology, so pretty much how every part and organ in the body works. if the real thing is anything like todays exam i'll be doing cartwheels out of the hall.

I am just numb with exhaustion at the moment..got up at 5.45 this morning to study again. that 11pp chocolate bar from aldi didnt help...but damn it was so freaking food! i have 35 weeklies left, so i'm okay...still dont like blowing that many points on a bar.

Think i'm going to go to bed for an hour or two....or i'll end up eating surgary crap to stay awake later.

Thanks girls, I have had my blood tested recently as I've had an underactive thyroid for years and it has to be checked every year, and nothing showed up. I'll give the Vit B (12) a try, sure it can do no harm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    really surprisingly well! It was Anatomy & Physiology, so pretty much how every part and organ in the body works. if the real thing is anything like todays exam i'll be doing cartwheels out of the hall.

I am just numb with exhaustion at the moment..got up at 5.45 this morning to study again. that 11pp chocolate bar from aldi didnt help...but damn it was so freaking food! i have 35 weeklies left, so i'm okay...still dont like blowing that many points on a bar.

Think i'm going to go to bed for an hour or two....or i'll end up eating surgary crap to stay awake later.

Happy days!!

Ahh its exam time, you're allowed to be bad :)

I've no idea what I'll do when my exams roll around next, I ate my bodyweight in CRAP about 4 times over at Christmas :(

Meringue nests and a WW yoghurt are great for snacking - 2 pp and really make you feel like you're having something.

Or the WW cupcakes - 2pp in the chocolate ones and 1 in the lemon - couldn't recommend them highly enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I did notice that at first, I'd come back in from my walk about 9pm and be totally zapped and head straight to bed. I started taking a multivitamin and its really made a difference for me

Congrats on the massive loss btw

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Hi today
    Can anybody give me even a rough idea of how to point home made chips cooked in deep fat frier? Have to make them tonight for others and instead of being daft and saying I won't have any, decided to be realistic, knowing I will but to plan it.... Sounds so easy doesn't it!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Hi today
    Can anybody give me even a rough idea of how to point home made chips cooked in deep fat frier? Have to make them tonight for others and instead of being daft and saying I won't have any, decided to be realistic, knowing I will but to plan it.... Sounds so easy doesn't it!

Many thanks

Hi not sure if this is right but it's how I point them.In the first little booklet you get it tells you the pp in chipper chips and the weight. 210g is 14pp so thats how I point the homemade ones too. Its a good size portion too :) Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I had lunch in Avoca today, anyone ever pointed stuff from there before that could be of help??

I had 1/2 cajun chicken sandwich
    1 Bowl of chunky veg soup with tomatoe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement