Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i'm going to be bloated a hell but diet coke is curbing the sweet tooth a bit! it'll keep me up half the night now...but plenty of reading material to get thru.

I'm just going to PLAN to eat healthy for the week, and feck it...if a peice (bar) of chocolate is what it takes to take away even a fraction of the stress off...so be it! I dont do well with stress...i've had way way way too much of it in my relatively short life...that my tolerance for it is just gone...the tiniest bit of it and i'm tense and sick all over...

planning a serious pampering girls weekend in may to recover from the real exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Thank you very much....sooo looking forward to my chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

If anyone is looking for alternatives, I just had a gorgeous pitta bread. I put WW tuna (tomato & herb dressing one) with low low cheese sprinkled on top, into the microwave for 1 min. Then put it in the pitta bread. Added some free salad stuff. It was delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

lil kc wrote: »
    I had lunch in Avoca today, anyone ever pointed stuff from there before that could be of help??

I had 1/2 cajun chicken sandwich
    1 Bowl of chunky veg soup with tomatoe

Ias there recntly - had that soup and a piece of brown bread - gave the soup a 4pp (was a bigish bowl) and brown bread 3pp (was a massive slice) Amazing food! Was very hard to resist cakes but I just about managed it!

eefums wrote: »
    Can anyone do me a favour and point this for me i left my book at home today like an eejit?
    Protein - 26.8
    Carb - 4.1
    Fat - 3.6
    Fibre - 0.1

Sorry to be a nuisance

if you google WW online calculator, theres a calculator online - v handy! just make sure you are using the uk one!

• Advertisement

anyone know where i can buy nice wall mounted spice racks?

Want to get one for mothers day for my mum, we're both using alot of spices and seasonings in cooking these days....so the kitchen has become over run with spices LOL

Argos only have the revolving ones, which are a pain in the ass cos you have to pull them out to read them alot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Is anyone using Lent as an aid to getting back on the WW Wagon?! I haven't been doing great for the past couple of weeks so I'm allowing myself to be bold until Lent starts on Wednesday, then i's off the chocolate / biccies / crisps / sweets for 6 weeks solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    anyone know where i can buy nice wall mounted spice racks?

Want to get one for mothers day for my mum, we're both using alot of spices and seasonings in cooking these days....so the kitchen has become over run with spices LOL

Argos only have the revolving ones, which are a pain in the ass cos you have to pull them out to read them alot of the time.
    Lainey, you could try kitchencookware.ie its generally good for kitchen stuff and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Down 2lb! Yay! Even with the dominos :)

Delighted now altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just some stuff I have PP'd sofar for my wife and I:

points list.xls -> excel 2003
    points list.xlsx -> excel2007

both should print out on 2 pages if you set it to 1 wide 2 tall when printing;)

Just had a look at this and the recipes. You are an absolute legend, its deadly!!!

Just back from week 1 day 2 of couch to 5k and my legs were killing me during it. Hoping it will get better with time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Really not motivated at the moment. Struggling slightly. Weighing in tomorrow (usually wi on a wed but have to work) so hopefully won't be too bad. have stuck within my points but it has been tough the last 2 weeks for some reason :o

Hey guys,

Just been to Ikea, hadda get a load of stuff for our bathroom. Anyway while I was there I seen a cheap ass scales for 3.99, bought it , came home and took of my boots and jeans and heavy coat and according to the scales iv put on 7pounds this week!!!! Jaypers if its accurate! Does that sound right to you? havnt used any weeklys this week and excerise every day

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just been to Ikea, hadda get a load of stuff for our bathroom. Anyway while I was there I seen a cheap ass scales for 3.99, bought it , came home and took of my boots and jeans and heavy coat and according to the scales iv put on 7pounds this week!!!! Jaypers if its accurate! Does that sound right to you? havnt used any weeklys this week and excerise every day

i weighed myself on the ikea scales the day of my weigh in and i was up about a half stone. I nearly dropped. I thinks they're not the most accurate to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Is anyone using Lent as an aid to getting back on the WW Wagon?! I haven't been doing great for the past couple of weeks so I'm allowing myself to be bold until Lent starts on Wednesday, then i's off the chocolate / biccies / crisps / sweets for 6 weeks solid.

i am liking your thinking :D even though i stay within my points it would help me cut out my evening snacking :pac::pac:

People that walk for their exercise, how long are your walks? Just curious to know how long mine are in comparisons to others. I drove the route this evening and it works out at about 3.5km/2.2miles. It takes me 35mins to do and I'd do it about 3/4 times a week. Just worried that it's not enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed their taste buds changing? I would NEVER have eaten a broccoli salad before but I had one on Friday and enjoyed every bite.
    And on Saturday I ate one pringle and thought it tasted of powder!
    Just a small observation!

Definitely. I am finding I am appreciating loads of different flavours and really savouring my dinners and looking forward to them.
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    People that walk for their exercise, how long are your walks? Just curious to know how long mine are in comparisons to others. I drove the route this evening and it works out at about 3.5km/2.2miles. It takes me 35mins to do and I'd do it about 3/4 times a week. Just worried that it's not enough!

I used to (until about 2 weeks ago) walk 1.5km at work and 2km when I got home most evenings but I found I was knackered and hot and bothered in work so stopped. I do 3.5km (or bit more if feeling energetic) on Saturday and Sunday which takes me about 45/50mins, then out of the weekdays (when being good) I try to walk about 30 mins every evening. I do Zumba most Thursdays (don't walk then) and I have just started couch to 5k so I do that 1 day and then walk the other and alternate it during the week.

thats exactly what i'm doing 40mins on treadmill 3 - 4 times a week, and i cover 3.5km! any excercise is a BONUS to weight watchers. ;) your doing gtreat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I walk 2.4 miles every lunch time and it takes about 32/33mins

at home, twice a week, I try to walk(with a little jog in it), 3miles taking 41mins at most.

by the way, is eabha pronounced [ava] or [eva]?

I walk 2.4 miles every lunch time and it takes about 32/33mins

at home, twice a week, I try to walk(with a little jog in it), 3miles taking 41mins at most.

by the way, is eabha pronounced [ava] or [eva]?

Thanks guys. Just wanted to double check!

It's pronounced ava. It's spelt Éabha but think at the time I couldn't put the fada into the username!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've had such a good evening, I feel great :) Had an exam at work for a course that I'm doing - pass rate is 70% so not sure I reached it, but it meant that I got home half an hour early :):) So I was extra productive! I went for a 2 mile run, then came home had my shower, the dinner was made from yesterday (Cottage Pie), so I was able to make up my pancake batter for tomorrow AND do the ironing :):) Feel great! Also had a go on my scales & they say I'm down 2.3lbs, not sure that I trust them though because they normally tell me that I'm 2lbs over what the WW scales tell me at WI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

going for a run in the morning :o, dont wanna go to bed with the thought of it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while following the thread so finally decided to join. I'm weighed in at 13 st 14 lbs (I'm 5 ft 5) after Christmas and am down to 12 st 11 at this stage. I walk 4 - 6 km every weekday but am having trouble with the eating lol!! I lost 4 stone about ten years ago before I got married, but since I gave up smoking last year have really piled on the pounds.

People are starting to notice the weight coming off and the comments are good but I am still disheartened when I try clothes on in a shop. I can't believe how heavy I have gotten!! Am completely disgusted with myself!! Anway onwards and downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

hey everybody! iv been goin to WW since jan 11....11/1/11 think it was a sign that i was ment to do this!!! started @ 12-7 (@5'5'') and had a really good jan loosing 9lbs but then i had a really bad feb never losing more than 1/2lb a wek r even puttin 1/2lbs bac on. then last week i got a stomach bug that made me lose 6lbs last week bringing me up to the 1st stone. that got me really motivated fot wed,thurs and fri but since the weekend iv been on a slipery slope again :(

my WI is 2morrow morning and im sick at the thought iv what il have put on!! all i can think about is how many pancakes il be eating tomorrow instead of trying to be good again.

lent starting on wed is goin to be my kick start hopefully!! giving up choc and junk food (iv a waekness for KCs chipper in cork :( )

fingers crosed the damage 2moro isnt to bad!!!

Danii86 wrote: »
    hey everybody! iv been goin to WW since jan 11....11/1/11 think it was a sign that i was ment to do this!!! started @ 12-7 (@5'5'') and had a really good jan loosing 9lbs but then i had a really bad feb never losing more than 1/2lb a wek r even puttin 1/2lbs bac on. then last week i got a stomach bug that made me lose 6lbs last week bringing me up to the 1st stone. that got me really motivated fot wed,thurs and fri but since the weekend iv been on a slipery slope again :(

my WI is 2morrow morning and im sick at the thought iv what il have put on!! all i can think about is how many pancakes il be eating tomorrow instead of trying to be good again.

lent starting on wed is goin to be my kick start hopefully!! giving up choc and junk food (iv a waekness for KCs chipper in cork :( )

fingers crosed the damage 2moro isnt to bad!!!

ooooh stop! Its the chicken inn off patricks street for me...damn Buy 1 get 1 free at 3am in the morning after the club!

I made a huge mistake...i bought some of the ready made pancakes today.....well mmmmm there nearly all gone....i did stuff them with apple....but yeah hmmmm pancake day was today for me...tomorrow gotta be EXTRA good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Soooooooo disappointed in myself, had a huge slice of the most delicious chocolate cake today, one of my colleagues was going out on maternity leave, had said I would have a small sliver due to WI tomorrow evening and boy did I go to town on it. I can honestly say that I have never been more upset with myself ever... oh the guilt, came home went straight out for a walk, could hardly stomach food but had to eat something, only used 4 pp for dinner on a chicken fillet and loads of 0 pint veg.

Was gonna try a walk in the morning but I leave for work at 6.30 & seriously couldn't face getting out of the bed at 5.30. Oh well, lets hope I haven't done too much damage, had used all my weeklies but tracked everything this week...

Fingers & toes crossed for tomorrows WI :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

good god,i must be an hour and a half reading posts!!! well done to all the losers and welcome to newbies!!! i was down .5lb on thurs,the grand total of 11 lbs gone now.
    someone was lookin 4 a relish,not quite a relish but in our blue book,enjoy,theres a reciepe for chunky tomato salsa and tomato and veg sauce,both 0 pps,might be worth tryin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue8439

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Hi, i'm 24, in college full time, I'm doing it online my self! works out way cheaper...and you can buy the calculator on ebay :) irish people cant buy from the uk site,

when signing up to the uk site, you'll need to give them an english post code...just google some random hotel and use that post code.

Electronic digital bathroom scales, and digital kitchen scales are really essential for tracking your progress and weighing out portions.

Thanks so much for your advice, signed up yesterday and it looks great! I've lost 8lbs so far in the past couple of weeks but i think this is just what i need to keep me motivated, seems as i don't go to meetings...especially with all the recipe options :D

Also made the thai green curry yesterday it was sooo good! Had it with the tilda white and wholegrain basmati rice 60g dried but still not sure how to point it?! Online it works out as 2pp for 60g dried but the pack says 60g cooked is higher...60g cooked would be a tiny portion too!

I think today is the biggest binge i've had since starting ww...didnt even eat this much christmas day!

I did manage to track every freaking bite....daily of 44....i've eaten 70!

I have no weeklies left and a week of exams ahead of me....

today has been a total freaking disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

see spreadsheets attached -

receipes.xlsx for excel2007
    receipes.xls for excel2003

just to clarify, all the praise should go to people that have posted these receipes, i merely gathered them, the deserve the thanks
    G T thank you soo much! BRILL.... and a big THANKS to all who posted these receipes...:P:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Maybe its because we only have just over 24 hours left before Lent that is making us go mad today. Even the thought of my WI in the morning has not stopped me eating a chocolate bun covered in chocolate butter icing & decorated with mini eggs. No dailies left, but luckily there are some weeklies left. Stuffed now though, so at least it satisfied my cravings.

Anyone going off anything? I'm giving up diet coke - I drink too much of the stuff. Just hope I can do it because it fills me up if I have a can between meals & sometimes it gives me a cafeine boost late afternoon to get me through kids homeworks & making the dinner etc. I don't drink tea or coffee so I expect I'll be nodding off on the sofa! I do intend to increase my water intake instead. Does anyone know if its OK to drink fizzy water, or should I stick to the stuff from the tap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement