Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Guys

Weekend was a disaster! I went over my points by about 45 in total - On Friday I had a rotten day / week in work and got home and cooked a fab stirfry loads of Veg so the only points were in the Meat and Oil but afterwards i drank 2 bottles of wine! and for the whole of the weekend i drank about another 2 bottles! its scary to think how many points i was consuming pre WW as i could of easily gone through a whole lot more food wise!

I'm dreading week one weigh in I know im gonna be up :( gonna try be healthy for the next 3 days fingers crossed! on a positive note I think my body is getting used to all the veg its been a while since it has seen so much! i did a big shop so i am all set for a healthy week ahead!

Hope all is well with everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

lots2lose - don't worry too much - had similar weekend last week and still lost 1.5lb but was very strick Tues, Wed & Thur and it seemed to balance out for some amazing reason? Think drank so much water to dilute system after!

That weekend I had (god scarlet to say this) but on Fri a chinese (beef & mushroom boiled rice) - then approx. 8 bottles beer

Sat prob 10 bottles beer throughout the day (daughters communion)....nibble on things like garlic bread

it gets worse.....Sun went to another communion so awful things like lasange and pavolva and that night half pizza from Pizza Hut and Monday a whopper from Burger king........ all drink inflicted food cravings!

Oh god having panic attacks about a serious amount of Choco i had aswell!

Thanks for the reassurance lmb, its not every week there is a special occasion so dont be too hard on yourself - it was my nieces communion on Saturday too and I was put in charge of the food there was enough sausages and rashers to feed an army!

Today im craving everything from burgers to chipper to chinese! my WW buddy (i'm her Bridesmaid next year) is coming around and we are gonna have a stirfry and no vino!!!

We just have to keep thinking little pickers wear bigger knickers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone,

Isnt funny how the weekends are everyones downfall, I only started ww last wednesday and i was really good thursday and on friday had low point breakfast, wrap for lunch and knew I was going for a few drinks so for point wise and lets be honest didnt feel like cooking when hair, makeup and several clothes changes had to be done before making myself presentable I went with a ww meal. spent the nite borning the arse of my husband with my talk of points all this while I was dowing the vodka and diet cokes, then I dragged him to the chiper this I dont remember till the next morning when he showed me the remains of my chicken kebab my only saving grace is for some reason I had the good sence not to eat the bread only the filling and it was a small one so Im trying to tell myself chicken breast 21/2 points veg 0 points forget about the sauces ect.... anyhow I was very good on saturday then sunday had 4 point breakie and a liquid lunch ie 4 vodka's (god I sound like i have a drink problem but this was an exception I promise) and spag bol ww style followed by ww bar went for a walk this morning and will be very good for the next 2 days so pg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nuim

hi all.... had bad weekend but determined to start fresh as in today been monday! have to get serious if i wana lose two stone by september even august!!

whats everyones motivation tips?!!

im going to start focusing on losing 7 pounds at a time .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

hope youre all back on track. im on hols at the mo so letting myself be a bit bold. will be depressed when i have my first weigh in after hols though.... yikes! you know the savoury rice that you get in mexican restaurants, anyone have an idea of whether this is bad or not. finding it almost impossible to point my meals out, but maybe thats a good thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Hello. I'm new to all this. Joined WW a few weeks ago and it didn't start too well. 1st 2 weeks I was great, maintained my points, increased the exercise from nothing at all. Lost nothing at all for the 1st couple of weeks so totally disheartened missed the next week and now I'm after missing 3 weeks of meetings and I'm back to square one eating wise. Meetings are every Thurs and I'm determined to go back this week. Has anyone else ever had so big a blip straight away? I didn't think I'd be so weak because I really want to lose the weight and I feel really disappointed in myself.

Hopefully, I'll pick up some great tips here.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Goodness sounds like there were very few of us having a good weekend this week.....wonder was it something to do with the weather...mmmm!!
    I was no better! Friday was great, 17 points, Saturday not so bad at 25 points so kind of even at that stage but Sunday was a disaster, fry up, smoothie, 99 ice cream, steak veg and mash followed by stewed rhubarb and custard!!! eeeeek.....and today no better, 2 weetabix for breakie....not so bad,,,,not for long, eddie rockets for lunch, cornflakes this evening and did go to aqua aerobics. Must be good for weigh in on Thursday""!! definitely going to be up this week. Awe well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

First week going ok a couple of slip ups but nothing major which I was prepared for :rolleyes: For some reason I feel totally bloated today :(I have to get rid of my scales because Im constantly on them :rolleyes:
    Ok Im wondering how do they calculate the points for excercise I understand about the low moderate and high intensity but how long do you do it for and how much do you get rewarded for it points wise? I know I have to wait to week 3 to get the slide thing but I want to do some exercise soon so if anyone could help would be very much appreciated thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi all, i am kinda new to the thread!!! I am not new to ww... Lost 3 stone and have it off for 3years now!!

Main suggestions are:
    Only weigh your self on ww scales!!!
    Best day to start your week is tues as then you only write monday off if your weekend is a train wreck...
    If you are doing no count - eat bread at least once a month of you will go on a binger!!!
    Drink warm water with lemon, if even with out lemon drink about 2 litres a day!!!
    If you want choc, biscuit or something sugary have it, dont bother waiting as sometimes it doesn't go away...
    Always have supplies on hand, means you wont go to the shop and binge!!!
    Break out at weekends, you can only be so stirct!!!
    I was very strict in the beginning and i lost 1.5stone, went off the wagon a bit and put back on 1stone!!

Secret to success is NOT TO THINK OF IT AS A DIET, think its a way of life, unfortunately some of us cant eat choc and bread all day without putting on weight!!!

Best of luck to all of ye!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

*Sparkles* wrote: »
    Ok Im wondering how do they calculate the points for excercise I understand about the low moderate and high intensity but how long do you do it for and how much do you get rewarded for it points wise? I know I have to wait to week 3 to get the slide thing but I want to do some exercise soon so if anyone could help would be very much appreciated thanks:)

To be honest I don't think using exercise points is a good idea. Exercise works for different people different ways depending on their weight and the intensity of the exercise. After exercise Most people tend to over compensate with rewards and are unpleasantly surprised when they see their result at the weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi guys, I wasn't able to go last week in the end so going this week. Dreading it because last time there was 7th April. A lot can happen in that time. If I put on seven I lose my gold card but thats probably what I need. I know I could wait a few weeks and be good until then but I think that I won't be and will just keep putting it off so I am grabbing the bull by the horns so to speak. Wish me luck, or at least not too much bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

Thanks for the reply Breadandjam I can see where your coming from.

Good luck PinkChick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all,
    so im going back to my meeting this evening after missing three weeks :eek: hoping i have not put back on too much of what i had lost:( started aqua aerobics last nite at the national aquatic centre and have to say i thought it was brilliant:D i am not exactly the biggest exercise fan but i found the class really good and dare i say it was FUN:eek: its on monday and wednesday evenigs so im hoping to get both classes in a week as well as a few walks on the other days so with that and getting back to WW hope the lbs will start to fall away:D
    anyway meeting is at half 4 this evening so im counting the hours!!!!!:eek:wish me luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hey Everyone,

Just back from weigh in and after a genuinely very good week I put on 2lb but I think that might be due to the fact that I was down 6.5lb last week as I was sick!! So to be honest I'm not too bothered, 4.5lb down in two weeks is pretty great in my eyes! 2.5lb more and thats my next silver 7 and 2st 7lb!

How is everybody getting on? Well I hope!!

Here's to a great week and numbers down!

J x :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Skinny Minnie

Hi Guys

Just back from WI, 2.5lb off and 4.5lb to go to goal! Great week but off on holidays next week, hope I can maintain my loss (but am off to NY so hoping all the shopping will work the rest off :D) . good luck on your WI's everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Hi Guys

Just back from WI, 2.5lb off and 4.5lb to go to goal! Great week but off on holidays next week, hope I can maintain my loss (but am off to NY so hoping all the shopping will work the rest off :D) . good luck on your WI's everybody!

Eating out in New York should be okay- just ask for the "Light" option.

Hey everyone ... My week 1 weigh in is tomorrow and I have to say I am dreading it!

I would say im either the same or up im determined to bite the bullet and go.. gonna have veg stirfry tonight and go the gym... its a pity i didnt do that all week! ah well heres to losing loads next week (fingers crossed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Well guys. Had my WI at 6.00. Don't remember ever being as nervous for it!! I put on 4lbs. i know that sounds a lot but I haven't been in 7 weeks and I haven't really tracked or exercised in that time. I guess I fell off the wagon but am now focussed and hopefully can get back to it this week. Still three under my "losing the gold card" mark so determined to go down next week instead of hedging closer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well after my shocking weekend I managed to go down 2.5lbs. Was thrilled! My bf was down 6.5, even though he was convinced he was going to go up!! We were both over the moon after bad weekends. Definitely back on track this week and determined to keep dropping the pounds.

Good luck to everyone who has weigh ins later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

had my week 5 wi tonight and i was down 3lbs again!! Can't believe it but i'm over the moon! 1 lb away from my 5% now. Down 7.5 altogether.
    i'm off on hols tomorrow tho so will need to be careful for the week! Could all go horribly wrong! :-)
    anyway best of luck everyone for this week! Ibarelycare - that was a great loss! I had a bad weekend too! Must be the weekdays that are making up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello peoples :D:D

Well done on the great losses so far...glad to see the bad weekends didn matter too much :) well done keep it up!!

Had a good mon and tues...WI is tamo evenin and am really hoping to be dwn this week after been same last week after what i thought was a good week...Heres hoping anyways...:D

Good Luck to everyone else WI during the week shall update yas tamo :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well done to everyone who lost this week. I had WI last night and was up 2.5lbs, wtf :eek:. I woke up this morning with a slight kidney infection, would this affect my weight? I don't know I have been good, and all in all over the week, excluding anything from exercise I was 17.5 points under for the week.
    So sitting here drinking cranberry juice which I know isn't good points wise, but has to be done, wondering what else I need to do.
    On a positive note, we did get my new basketball net up last night so I should be able to have a mess about with that and get ready to go back playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

just made my 1st purchase of WW thick bread - if that is "thick" bread I would dread to see what the "thin" bread is!!

This is 1st time in two weeks i have had bread and had hoped for that full feeling but now feel like I have just eaten a rice cake. I had scrape of salad cream, sprinkle of lo-lo grated cheese & 4 slices of wafo ham and filled it up with cucumber.... Any ideas how to make a "filling" sandwich from this bread!

Should have brought in pack of Velvet Crunch to eat with the sandwich - they are lovely and my saviour!

Well WI is tomorrow night so fingers crossed something is lost!

Hey everyone

Your all doing so good this week!!

My dreaded first weigh in is at 5.30 on Middle Abbey Street! I have an awful feeling im gonna be up! i have just done a shop online and im gonna do the fast track for next week ive nothing on this weekend so no excuses hopefully!

I have deffo ate less and healthier this week but with the copius amounts of booze and a weekend of bad foods i think the damage is done!

lmb - for sandwich fillings this week most days i have had Spinach / Tomato / Extra light mayo, Turkey Breast and a laughing cow its tasty and even nicer when toasted - Spinach is brilliant for a sandwch filling and is much better for you than lettuce...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

i havent properly done weight watchers for about 3 months. i went to about 5 meetings, lost about 10lbs and then just skipped one and never got back into it. i was still half watching what i was eating so i havent put on any weight, infact i have lost another couple of lbs which i was happy with. I do want to be more strict again and start counting my points etc but the 1 thing i find about WW is that i get very constipated. anyone else find this a problem, what do you do?

I drink a lot of water, eat loads of fruit and veg and it just doesnt help. Its the one bad point of WW IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nikip

Susie, I find the same thing happens to me, i drink more water than usual, eat more veg, brown bread, brown rice etc but I still have that exact problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how many points would be in Koka pot noodles??there is no nutritional info on the packs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Oh it has been a very strange week, up and down, no idea how the weigh in will go tomorrow......if in doubt though Ill probably be up!!!
    We'll see ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

To be honest I don't think using exercise points is a good idea. Exercise works for different people different ways depending on their weight and the intensity of the exercise. After exercise Most people tend to over compensate with rewards and are unpleasantly surprised when they see their result at the weigh in.

I agree, it is best not to count your exercise points, as otherwise you will start to exericse just so you can eat and that is a bad idea!!! If know you will be eating / drinking lots over the weekend, save points, its the best!!! Salad is the best thing for filling and it's great in the summer:) Best of luck...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement