Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how many points would be in Koka pot noodles??there is no nutritional info on the packs!!

oh i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole! they are soooooo unhealthy. i know the normal packet of noodles that you need to boil have 6 points but not sure about those pot noodle ones. id say 6-8

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello again...!!

Bit of a mixed week so far weight wise..well done to all the people who lost and if u didn have a great week hang in der stick with it...:D Even when its bad its better to stick it out :)...

After my shock at staying the same last week...im down 4lbs this week :eek::eek::eek:...Cant believe it!! Im over the moon...Got my mini goal a week in advance so im delighted :D:D.. 4stone 1 pound in total now So delighted...!!

Determined so much to get to goal now..ders nothing stopping me now!! Have a mixed weekend coming up so plenty of exercise and zero points foods and i shud be alri..Thats wat im saying now cud be a diff story over the weekend :):)

Best of luck to the rest of yas WI tamo...!!

Onwards and Downwards :D:D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Happy Eater

Go Shelly! Think that 4 stone deserves a spelling - FOUR STONE!!!

Wow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Shelly that's amazing, 4 stone, wow!!! Well done!

Well done to everyone else who had good WIs.
    Barbiegirl it's so frustrating when you have had a good week and then have a bad WI, but it can happen so easily. My weight fluctuates so much every day but I always pray it will be down on my WI! Sometimes a good week won't be reflected on the scales until the following week so fingers crossed your good work will be shown next week!

I've been so bold since my WI. Had a pub dinner last night and didn't even bother picking the healthy option, plus had a few glasses of wine and crisps :o Finished exams yesterday so that was my treat! Back on track today though, and hopefully going to be getting a good bit of exercise in now that exams are over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hello all!

I went last night for my first weigh in I was dreading it and to my surprise I was down 1.5lbs! delighted :) gonna really push this week and try get 3-4!

I got those black forset bars they are yum!!!!

hope all is well!

Shelly - thats amazing about the 4lbs you have lost so much! I want lots of tips please :) How long have you been doing WW?

xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

hi all - well done on the 4 stone weight loss...that is so amazing...and like one of those stories of before & after u read on the WW page....you deserve major treat for that!

my WI tonight - anyone else dread them?? I do look forward to them as eager to know but also fear being told

Quick question - my WI is @ 7pm and I try to have my dinner b4 I go down - how many of u eat your dinner hour before it???

Thanks so much for the support...Its really great to hear..!! lotstolose... I started WW on Aug 7th 2008 and Im 57lbs lighter in 40weeks...this seems like ages but it really isn...I cant belive iv gotten this far never thought id get here..!! If i can do it anyone can honestly hand my on heart thats the truth!!

My great week ended this morning when i crashed my car...:(:(.. Meanin i missed a days wrk and couldn get to the gym...But it also means iv time to go out for a family dinner and drinks so i think im going to do just that!!.. Need something to cheer meself up today!!

Thanks again guys...!! Hope everyone has a great week ahead!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dubgirl15

Hi wondering if any of you could advise me! I joined WW last week and did fast start for the week and stuck to it, in fact most days i was under 18 points. I also drank loads of water and exercised five days out of seven. When i had my weigh in today i was up a half pound?? it is very disheartening after trying so hard. all advice welcome!

Hi Dubgirl

You need to stick to your points if you go under you rbody is going into starvation mode and will store fat etc.. try stick to the 18 and see how you get on next week xx

Shellybelly - 4 stone is so much that is really inspiring i need to lose the same so to think I could do it by this time next year is great!

Have you been consistantly down every week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi Dubgirl, you may be down next week you could be getting your period or it could be that you body did kinda go into starvation mode!!! If it says eat 18 try eat 18,specially if you are exercising 5 out of 7 days!!!

Best of luck next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dubgirl15

lots2lose wrote: »
    Hi Dubgirl

You need to stick to your points if you go under you rbody is going into starvation mode and will store fat etc.. try stick to the 18 and see how you get on next week xx

to be honest im eating alot more for the last week than i have in months. I also looked up this starvation mode thing on the WW website and it says its only a myth, so thats not it.

Hi Dubgirl

Have a chat with your WW leader and she should be able to give you advice.. sometimes it takes a few weeks for the weight to start coming off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

Hi everyone Im so excited i worked so hard this week and for my first weigh in Im down 5.5lbs :D:D:D:D only 48.5 to go
    Im going to stay on fast start for an extra week as advised and do some exercise as I did very little last week:(

The reason I joined weight watchers is because a friend of mine lost nearly 29lbs in about 6 months and shes looking fab and fitting into size 10 jeans again.

Dubgirl dont be disheartened by it as your body may just be adjusting to your new diet. It affects everyone differently. I agree with Lots2lose speaking with your leader 1 to 1 is the way to go she may have some tips for you up her sleeve:)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

up 1.5 lbs 2nite,could be the weekend away in galway with my sis! we ate quite a bit sat,sun and mon! she was 3lbs up! start of a new week,hopefully. . . . . . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

Had WI last night & down another 1.5lbs thank god (felt bloated and thought maybe put some weight on)

Another 40lbs to go to my recommended weight so if I keep going at 1.5lb per week I will be a skinny minx in 28 weeks time - Christmas day here I come in a size 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey hey everyone!

i've been away for a wee while was in scotland & have been trying to catch up on everything since i got back had my weigh in last night after missing last week & i was 2.5lbs down i got my 3rd stone i'm so delighted!!! that's 43.5lbs altogether or 3st 1.5lbs. only 8lbs left to GOAL i can't wait i really can't!!! :D

just wanted to say a big welcome to all the newbies!!

shellybelly a HUGE WELL DONE & CONGRATS TO YOU if my 3rd stone feels anything like your 4th we're in for a good weekend girl!!! enjoy every second!

just wanted to say to everyone who's having a tough time with it at the moment as shellybelly has said stick with it i can promise you the feeling of success will out weigh all the hard feelings when you hit a bump in the road it's only a bump you will get over it :)

hope everyone has a great weekend & a sensible one too we spoke about how was our weekend our weak end last night in class i'm planning on mine not being weak!!!

ladiee24 wrote: »
    hey hey everyone!

i've been away for a wee while was in scotland & have been trying to catch up on everything since i got back had my weigh in last night after missing last week & i was 2.5lbs down i got my 3rd stone i'm so delighted!!! that's 43.5lbs altogether or 3st 1.5lbs. only 8lbs left to GOAL i can't wait i really can't!!! :D

wow this is amazing!! Congrats :)

Girls I need a bit of advice - Does anyone else have a few drinks during the week? i'm quite partial to a glass of wine or two (sometimes a bottle!)during the week and its become a bit of a habit! a habit that now im in WW I want to break and limit my alcohol to the weekend or every second one so I can be extra good with my points!

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

lots2lose wrote: »
    wow this is amazing!! Congrats :)

Girls I need a bit of advice - Does anyone else have a few drinks during the week? i'm quite partial to a glass of wine or two (sometimes a bottle!)during the week and its become a bit of a habit! a habit that now im in WW I want to break and limit my alcohol to the weekend or every second one so I can be extra good with my points!

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

I got into this habit over the past few months and it really is a dangerous one, not just for your waistline! I usually stay with my boyfriend one evening during the week and we'd nearly always polish off 1 or even 2 bottles of wine if I was there, despite having work the next morning. Then we'd be together every night of the weekend (including Sunday) so if we weren't going out (drinking!) we'd stay in and easily polish off a couple of bottles of wine (often leading to the wine munchies, which is another reason why it's detrimental to your weight!) That's sometimes up to 4 nights drinking a week! Absolutely crazy.

I've tried to cut down to only drinking one night a week now and I feel so much better for it. When I think now about how much I was drinking, it was really bad :confused: I'm out two nights this weekend and am driving tonight so no drinking, then will have a few tomorrow night. I did allow myself a couple of glasses of wine during the week after an exam but that was it. There's been a bottle chilling in the fridge for the past few nights and haven't touched it!

I've also tried to change my drink to vodka & diet 7up when I'm out as it's less points, but I absolutely love my wine so I usually don't end up sticking to the vodka!

Just make sure you don't have wine in the house to tempt you during the week. I know after a long day that the thought of a glass is so tempting, but I've definitely noticed the difference with cutting down to once a week. It's different for everyone though, I'd probably over-indulge a bit on a night out so that's why one night a week is more than enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

SHELLYBELLY................ WOW.............. BIG CONGRATS........... time to change that name me thinks to skinnkbelly?

Well now to my sad tale, no change this week, I know tis TOM but its just a killer, was only -1lb last week and really worked me ass off, in every way. So, to all of those hiting the scales lighter, please, 4ward a little positive vibes 2 get me thru to the nxt wi. With the "goodish" weather have being doing a lot more exercise, leaving the car at home, digging the garden, coaching sport and (leaving the worst in my opinion to last) summer cleaning. And that is on top of exerecise. So, roll on nxt wi, has 2 b -2lbs min. Its like a switch has been flipped n my body, and its had enough of this back n forth and its just quit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I'm at it, the last time I put back on the weight it all just landed on me belly, legs n boobs missed the landing, but, every time I sit down my problem literally lands in my lap..........

K. gonna HIT the road .

Good luck to all

• Advertisement

Hey hey...thanks for all the nice posts...means alot it really does..!!

Basically since thurs iv had a bit of a bender...:D Dinner and drinks thurs...friday was ok...sat major girly nite out with alcohol galore and today...have consumed alot of food due to major hangover :eek::eek: oh an no gym thurs sat or today :(:(

Anyways i plan to be back to basics tamo see if i can redeem myself in time for weds!!:)

Hope you all had a great weekend..!!

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys,

Well WI tomorrow night and I've been ok I think this weekend. I had a girls night out on Saturday and we had lunch in the Farm, and when I counted up the points including drinks for the day I came in at 26. I could get high density low point food which helped.
    I didn't have a hangover yesterday but met a friend for lunch and then hubbie wanted tea out, but again tried to stay low point and managed 24. My point allowance is 23 and I have points saved from all week, plus I've been walking everywhere I can, so 20 minutes to meet friend for lunch and 20 minutes back up. Plus the basketball net is up, and I've been messing about with it.
    So I'm hopeful of being down tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey everyone,

i am so wishing it wasn't monday not in a mood to work at all! :(

i'm really looking forward to some time off roll on the bank holiday weekend!;) had a good weekend didn't over eat by too many points didn't manage to get any exercise in though so i'll try rectify that this week :)

ibarleycare i'd suggest drinking spritzers made with sparkling water that way less alcohol & you'll drink less wine too might make a bit of a difference. everyone has different attitudes to drinking i hate to be overly politically correct i enjoy a good few bottles of bulmers light a couple of times a week which will in all honestly always always end up being more than recommended weekly units. oh & watch the size of your glass too that can hike up the points as well my leader poured a whole bottle of wine into a large wine glass!

hope everyone had a good weekend & best of luck with weigh in this week :)

Hi Everyone well i was a DIASTER this weekend!

Friday – Went to a charity pubquiz had 4 pints and 2 glasses of wine washed down with a chicken royale on the walk home (the only plus is that i had very little to eat that day so probably didnt go way over my points)

Saturday – 3 bacon and 3 sausages and a soft roll for breakfast then I had nothing else cos i was so hungover!

Yesterday – made another fry 2 bacon 2 sausage 1 egg and 2 batch then didn’t eat anything until 7 went the pub with the boyfriend and had fish and chips 2 pints and 2 glasses of wine!

I’m not gonna drink at all this week (famous last words!) ive no money anyways cos of me holier thats coming up so I’m hoping to do 5 nights at the gym this week

This morning for breakfast I had a scoop of scrambled egg and 2 slices of mccambridges bread ive an apple and Satsuma for a snack and I’m gonna have a salad for dinner – gym after work!

Its 5 weeks this week to my holiday I have to be good no excuses!
    My boyfriend is heading off this Saturday so I wont have any excuse for him swaying me to be bad!

I think i will switch to Bulmers light for a while im not a mad cider fan so I would only sip that - gonna really try for a booze free week

Hope all is well with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone,

My god if you were thinking of giving up ww after reading some of the replies you would def think again, its great to see so many people with real stories of weight loss congrats to ye all.

I had my first weigh in since starting last wednesday evening and I lost 2ibs I was a wee bit disapointed as I thought I had been quite good so hopefully this wednesday ill have a bit more off.

On the drinking front I had 8 vodkas & diet cokes on friday nite and it came to 12 points when you write it down its a lot isnt it I was mad with myself and had to save lots of points each day to get them back im on 19 and I try to save 3 but 16 points is hard in a day doesnt leave much space for treats I do love the velvet crunch our leader says there 1 point but I make up as 1 1/2 if there 81 cals per bag then you dont look at 80 you look at the next number up which is 100 and then work our the sac fat is that not correct??

Well that was friday and i have tryed to be good since cooked a roast chicken sunday 1 point per slice how ever my wonderful husband craved the hell out of it and it crumbled in to noting so im not sure how much i ate. I did stay away from the roasties though and went for the boiled patatoes instead.

Well roll on wednesday till I see how much chicken I really had. hope ye all have a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Going back tonight after nearly 2 years! Need to lose a stone before sept. Am a bit scared, but I'll see how it goes!

barneylou wrote: »
    I do love the velvet crunch our leader says there 1 point but I make up as 1 1/2 if there 81 cals per bag then you dont look at 80 you look at the next number up which is 100 and then work our the sac fat is that not correct??

Since it's only 1 calorie difference, it's safe enough to round down to 80 calories. When I'm pointing things, I don't always round up, I just round to whatever is the nearest figure on the chart, be it up or down! You make up the difference either way anyway.

I've had a not great week. Was celebrating exams finishing on Wednesday so was eating out and drinking. Went out on Saturday night, didn't even bother counting how many points I drank! Was quite hungover yesterday but started off really good, just had cornflakes for breakfast, but then ended up getting a takeaway last night...Indian of all things! It was the only thing I'd had since breakfast so I guess it's not TOO bad, but I'm still annoyed at myself! The only saving grace was that I could barely eat half of it!

I wish my WI was nearer the end of the week so I could have longer to recover from the weekend! I'm going to try not to get onto the scales between now and tomorrow evening. I know if I don't like what I see I'll chicken out from my WI! I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hiya Everyone,

How are we all? I'm having a pretty crap weightwatchers week! And a pretty crap day! The guy that i've been kinda seeing for the last 8months ended it. So having a horrible day.

I have been either over my points or bang on them! Havn't saved any all week! Dreading getting weighed tomorrow! But I can't really eat today as I'm feeling so dreadful! Have had 5points all day!

I'm heading out to meet my mate in town to have a chat and grab some food so I'll prob end up either getting something really bad or picking at something!

And I started a food diary on friday! Trust me to do this when I'm having the worst week ever!

Everybody keep their fingers crossed for me! And hopefully it will be a good weigh in!

Hope everybody is doing better than I am and apologies for the rant!!

J xx :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi Everyone,

Shellybelly08 CONGRATULATIONS :) That is fantastic news about getting the mini goal and a week in advance. You must be soooooo happy......yahoooooo :)

I didnt have such good news last week on the scales and was up 2 lbs so that was the end of meeting my mini goal for this week. Sunday hadnt been good but I thought I would be able to make it up but unfortunately I ended up spending Tuesday evening and night in A and E where dinner consisted of crisps and chocolate and then on Wed I had to go to work on 1 hours sleep and was feeling sorry for myself so basically ate what I felt like, Thursday was a write off then because I figured I had blown it anyway so just kept going until weigh in!

Anyhoo,,,battle on so this week hasnt been fantastic but hasnt been dreadful yet and Im still hopeful the 2lbs will be gone again by this Thursday.

Barneylou,,,I always wondered about the velvet crunch too but I bought the ww calculator a few weeks ago and yes indeed they are just 1 point. I would defo reccommend getting the calculator,,,think of all the half points everyone could be missing out on :) Definitely worth the investment.

Good luck everyone with weigh ins this week :)

• Advertisement

Hi again...Looks like i wasn the only one with a messy weekend..!!

Thanks 1lbatatime..!! Ii was delighted but not havin the best one this week..hoping for a miracle...:D trying to pull it back tho so ya never no!! Dnt let last week stop ya...u can still be dwn the 2lb this week chin up...Iv every bita faith in ya..:D:D

Monday went well...lets hope tues does to so i can redeem myself before i get on them scales!! Heres Hopin!! xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement