Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Birdie086 wrote: »
    LAZINESS - thats the genuine answer, finding the propoints hard so have been using that as an excuse, this thread is far better than my meeting and really felt shamefaced about coming in here but tomorrow is a new day and I will be back - promise

thanks lainy x

At least you went to the meetings and faced the scales. I would find that a lot harder
    Fresh start tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Birdie086 wrote: »
    LAZINESS - thats the genuine answer, finding the propoints hard so have been using that as an excuse, this thread is far better than my meeting and really felt shamefaced about coming in here but tomorrow is a new day and I will be back - promise

thanks lainy x

get your self a bunch of the Dr Oudtker pizza and break them in half, and stack them in the freezer... so you always a safe food to fall back on for 10pp!

tomorrow is a new week! we've all been there :) Life goes on...not the end of the world... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well, I just went mad tonight. Ordered dominos, had a 9 inch pizza with ham and sweetcorn, half a garlic pizza bread and half a portion of wedges. Then I had half a bag of jelly's and half a bag of aero bubbles. Had about 10 dailies left and all my weeklies, so pointed it all and I think I'm ok points wise. The difference being off drink makes is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Thank god the weekend is over and a fresh week looms!!!
    WI is tuesday eve so iv got a day and a half 2 be super good and hopefuly be down evn just a half lb!!
    Was totaly off the wagon over the weekend so im DEFINATLY getin bac on track tomorrow!!! Im goin to san fran on easter saturday 4 3weeks to my aunt and im determined to be wearing my newly bought bikini in her pool!! And the great thing is shes join WW over there so i wont be goin 2wild over there!!!
    Actualy she said she got a round of applause when she joined....because she was the new member from ireland!!!how embarresing but typicaly american at the same time!!! Can ya imagine it here geting a big clap when ya join:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

kildareash wrote: »
    I'm off takeaways but eat ins are acceptable (barely)! Trust me I think I benefitted from it this morn.

Lol so it's not takeaway if u eat there... I like ur style of thinking ha ha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Sweet hell, I've just been looking at my tracker and I've used 30 pp since Wednesday on bloody chocolate. I am now officially never eating it again.

Cannot believe how all these 'little' treats add up,and I thought I was being pretty good, I'm embarrassed. I could have had a domino's and had points left over, feck sake :(

m'lady wrote: »
    Sweet hell, I've just been looking at my tracker and I've used 30 pp since Wednesday on bloody chocolate. I am now officially never eating it again.

Cannot believe how all these 'little' treats add up,and I thought I was being pretty good, I'm embarrassed. I could have had a domino's and had points left over, feck sake :(

My leader said we shld write all our snacks in red on our tracker as an experiment. Really don't realise how many points were wasting on them

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

M'lady that isn't that bad it only works out at 6pp per day :) we all need our treats to keep us going so don't be so hard on yourself - yes you could have had dominos BUT that would have meant eating all 30pp in one sitting & no other treat at all over the 5 days - I'd rather have the treat everyday because I know I couldn't stop at just dominos for one night & no other treat all week!

This is also why I skim over all those cookie, cake & bar recipes I LOVE cooking but I know if I baked all that I couldn't just eat one it would be 2 or 3 plus picking at the batter so I stay clear! ;) weirdly though I can have lots of bought treats in & not touch them but just knowing they're there makes me feel better I totally angst out if I've no proper food in or treats to keep me going!

You're doing so well don't beat yourself up :)

On th subject of treats I picked up some linessa fruits of the forest sorbet in Lidl on Friday & wow yummy!

It's a 275g tub & 100g works out at 3pp I pointed out the tub at 9 & last night I had a big bowl of chopped berries & a bit less than a 1/3 of the tub & it was so nice for 3pp really fruity & sweet but I actually couldn't finish it so the OH had the rest of it but I still pointed at 3pp just to be safe!

They also have a lemon one as well which I've not yet tried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey Shoelover, look at the positive side of this, before ww you would have possibly eaten 4 times the amount you did and fooled yourself into believing you'd eaten feck all,all day. You did have control, and you knew when you were eating it that it wasn't worth it, so well done! Have you any weekly's that you could have something filling ?

This is very true m'lady. In reality, if I wasn't doing WW, I would have gone home and made spagetti bolognese as planned and eaten it all! What I actually did was have a bowl of 1pp soup and some fruit.

Feeling much more positive today, yesterday didn't happen, I'm back on the straight and narrow and to top it off, have had a nice surpise this am - some friends from Germany who I haven't seen in nearly 5 years are going to come over for my birthday next month :D:D

• Advertisement

Pretty good weekend for me points wise did my grocery shop on Friday - took 3 hrs carting around 3 supermarkets! The things we do for weightloss & healthy eating ;)

Picked up a 3 tier steamer in Aldi for 25euro it even has a rice bowl I'm going to use it the evenings I'm in late from work throw in fish, veggies & rice, set the timer then head out for my 4.5k walk & hopefully when I return dinner will be ready :)

Went on a soup making bonanza Saturday Mexican & a huge batch of tomato & basil, I've friends coming to stay Thursday - Sunday so knew I'd have no time to do soup at the weekend so preprepared for nxt week & it's all in the freezer!

It was the first quiet weekend I had in ages I did nothing bar cook, sleep, sit on the sofa catching up on telly from my planner or read. I did get my 4.5k in every day though! No alcohol & i feel the better for that but im Feeling like I'm coming down with something today hopefully it'll pass I hate being sick!

Have a good week all

Shoelover I think you did really well at the kids party, sometimes you have to eat at these things to be social especially if ppl dont know you are on ww & if the host has gone to so much trouble but fair play to you, you pointed it all & supplemented yourself with 1pp soup & fruit :)

As you say before you wouldn't have done that so I would look on that as a huge positive :) like you I get mean with my pp & hate wasting them on crap, I beat myself up after it (S***e meal out in Berlin springs to mind!) but the trick is realising that life gets in the way of WW sometimes but we can balance it out over the rest of the day/ week & do more exercise.

This plan has to be liveable once we all get to goal, it's unrealistic (well for me at least!) to not have the regular sweet or savoury treat. A few glasses of wine or a meal out I don't want to eat like a saint for 12 months get to goal then undo all the hard work, it is a lifestyle change & I'm making pp fit into my existing life as much as is humanly possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

kateos2 wrote: »
    Well, I just went mad tonight. Ordered dominos, had a 9 inch pizza with ham and sweetcorn, half a garlic pizza bread and half a portion of wedges. Then I had half a bag of jelly's and half a bag of aero bubbles. Had about 10 dailies left and all my weeklies, so pointed it all and I think I'm ok points wise. The difference being off drink makes is mad!

dominos isnt the worst i had it on friday and worked our at 22pp altogether from eating out guide but i had alot:D...

Kay_80 wrote: »
    On th subject of treats I picked up some linessa fruits of the forest sorbet in Lidl on Friday & wow yummy!

It's a 275g tub & 100g works out at 3pp I pointed out the tub at 9 & last night I had a big bowl of chopped berries & a bit less than a 1/3 of the tub & it was so nice for 3pp really fruity & sweet but I actually couldn't finish it so the OH had the rest of it but I still pointed at 3pp just to be safe!

They also have a lemon one as well which I've not yet tried

I had the lemon one last week and it was yum! I picked up the Linessa Reduced Fat crinkle cut crisps at the weekend...3pp per packet. So not too bad and they're nice enough.

Oh that's good Kildareash I bought the lemon one as well it's in the freezer! I was looking at those crisps but decided not to buy them just in case they were blah, but I'll pick some up for my nibbles at the weekend cos 3pp is good for a pkt of tasty crisps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Had our small man's 1st Birthday this weekend.
    between all the below, I think it could be a bad week for the scales:eek:
    • picking(did much more than picking if i'm honest) at the butter icing while my wife and her mother made the cake,
    • 2 slices of that cake at the party,
    • 1 slice of another birthday cake on his actual birthday,
    • :pac::pac:10 squares of rice krispies sticky buns(3PP per square),
    • (deep fried) chips and goujons,
    • 5 bottles of miller,
    • :pac::pac:10 medium vol au vents,
    • Couple of sandwiches
    • crisps, peanuts
    • Dips, mayo, ketchup,....
    as well as my regular breaky and lunch each of the days

It was a great w/e though!!!!!

At least I still drank my 2-3Ltrs of water a day!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

My leader said we shld write all our snacks in red on our tracker as an experiment. Really don't realise how many points were wasting on them

We're not wasting them.........that is what keeps us sane and in line :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Pretty good weekend for me points wise did my grocery shop on Friday - took 3 hrs carting around 3 supermarkets! The things we do for weightloss & healthy eating ;)

Picked up a 3 tier steamer in Aldi for 25euro it even has a rice bowl I'm going to use it the evenings I'm in late from work throw in fish, veggies & rice, set the timer then head out for my 4.5k walk & hopefully when I return dinner will be ready :)

Went on a soup making bonanza Saturday Mexican & a huge batch of tomato & basil, I've friends coming to stay Thursday - Sunday so knew I'd have no time to do soup at the weekend so preprepared for nxt week & it's all in the freezer!

It was the first quiet weekend I had in ages I did nothing bar cook, sleep, sit on the sofa catching up on telly from my planner or read. I did get my 4.5k in every day though! No alcohol & i feel the better for that but im Feeling like I'm coming down with something today hopefully it'll pass I hate being sick!

Have a good week all

This is literally my weekend in a nut shell too! Was great though, got loads of nice things made for the week ahead. Praying for a good result on Tuesday. Can hardly walk after a circuit class on Sat and a 7 k run yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Oh that's good Kildareash I bought the lemon one as well it's in the freezer! I was looking at those crisps but decided not to buy them just in case they were blah, but I'll pick some up for my nibbles at the weekend cos 3pp is good for a pkt of tasty crisps :)

I also got the fruit of the forests sorbet.. haven't tried it yet but will do soon enough.
    I didn't know what all the fuss about the meringue nest was so i decided to try out this weekend and OMG!! how have i lived to this day without trying them?? had one with fat free natural yogurt and thawed frozen berries.. I cant get over how nice it was!!! Think gonna have one tonite after my dinner.. planning on making stuffed peppers with quorn mince, onions, and chilli peppers, all in an oven dish lined with a can of chopped tomatoes and topped with a sprinkle of half fat cheddar.. it's something i came up with on my way to work today so hopefully will be nice!! and very low in points!!!

I did ok on the weekend.. had my little treats, and even went to the cinema prepared! got my own bottle of water with diluted and brought some rice cakes with me.. so didnt have any popcorn or fizzy drinks.. that are not only not good for you but for your pocket!! So i'm pretty proud of myself.. :D

here's to a good week for all!!

Love the sound of those peppers Amira yummy!

I find ricecakes great as a popcorn alternative the chilli flavour or S&V ones from M&S are my favs at the moment & it does feel like a treat at the cinema or watching a DVD :)

I'm seriously procrastinating in work today (hence all the posts!) & im planning my dins for tomorrow & tonight but I forgot my pocketbook does anyone know offhand the pp in a slice of Parma ham? I'm trying to jizz up some chicken breasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Love the sound of those peppers Amira yummy!

I find ricecakes great as a popcorn alternative the chilli flavour or S&V ones from M&S are my favs at the moment & it does feel like a treat at the cinema or watching a DVD :)

I'm seriously procrastinating in work today (hence all the posts!) & im planning my dins for tomorrow & tonight but I forgot my pocketbook does anyone know offhand the pp in a slice of Parma ham? I'm trying to jizz up some chicken breasts!

THanks kay.. will let you know if the peppers turn out nice.. ;)

Parma ham - 2 thin slices 34g - 2pp

kashmir wrote: »
    We're not wasting them.........that is what keeps us sane and in line :p

Haha...true! But ya know what I mean. Trying to cut out the junk again coz I've noticed more and more sweet things in my trolley every week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

I woke up this morning in the depths of depression realising just exactly what I had put my body through over the weekend. Friday used 6 of my weeklies on a bread and butter craving, don't know where that came from! Saturday was doing really well in preparation for the night ahead, had a good breakfast and a good lunch, then it all went wrong. Doritos, vodka, more doritos, another vodka, jaeger bomb, more vodka, chicken chow mein (Chips). Sunday a fry worth about 20 daily pp. Good dinner then mini treat moro.

So turns out I'm left with only 10 weekly pp and we havent even hit Wednesday night or Paddy's day. And WI this week is a day early. :(

On the bright side, my friend posted pictures on FB this morning of Saturday night and I can start to notice the difference in me. My face is slimmer, skin is in good condition and my hair is so shiny I think from all the water I am drinking. So that has got me a little bit motivated for the week ahead. I'm scared though ha ha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Does anyone know how many PP are in Muller Crunch Corner...the vanilla with choco balls? Trying to google the nutrition details but they are all giving me different details :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Elliex wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many PP are in Muller Crunch Corner...the vanilla with choco balls? Trying to google the nutrition details but they are all giving me different details :mad:

Hi Elliex - I think they're 6 PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Great Thanks... well iv already eaten it :D altho im starting the couch to 5k today so im sure to be within my points!

Thanks Amira that's perfect & within my dailies for today! :)

Thats a good idea actually, dont get me wrong I will continue to snack but certainly not as much!

M'lady that isn't that bad it only works out at 6pp per day :) we all need our treats to keep us going so don't be so hard on yourself - yes you could have had dominos BUT that would have meant eating all 30pp in one sitting & no other treat at all over the 5 days - I'd rather have the treat everyday because I know I couldn't stop at just dominos for one night & no other treat all week!

This is also why I skim over all those cookie, cake & bar recipes I LOVE cooking but I know if I baked all that I couldn't just eat one it would be 2 or 3 plus picking at the batter so I stay clear! ;) weirdly though I can have lots of bought treats in & not touch them but just knowing they're there makes me feel better I totally angst out if I've no proper food in or treats to keep me going!
    Thanks Kay, you are probably right, and as per discussion a few weeks ago, I know having my treat at the end of a long day is the only thing that keeps me sane!!
    You're doing so well don't beat yourself up :)

Thanks Kay, you are probably right, and as per discussion a few weeks ago on this, a treat at the end of the day is the only thing that keeps me sane and on track so to speak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

So weekend was crap...Must've put on at least 3 stone :p

I'm skipping WI tonight (bad I know) but I've got an awful hangover and I couldn't face it!!

Back on the straight & narrow tomorrow and will be saving all my weeklies for Thursday.

I feel bleugh :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement