Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

@layla - maybe try get out for a quick walk. Usually helps me.

Walked hone from work and didn't help but took solpadine (hate having to take those) but it seems to be gone now
    Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi girls, down 1lb at WI this evening. Don't want to sound like a moan, but I am a bit disappointed. Just sick of seeing 1lb on the scales when I have been quite good. Seeing as I have SOOO much to lose, I was hoping I would see a few bigger numbers like 2 or 3 some weeks. At this rate it is going to take over 2 years to lose the weight and I cant shake that timeframe out of my head and it is really demotivating me.

When I see people get great numbers with little exercise it depresses me. I have been exercising more than I ever half in my life. I exercised 4 days this week and 3 of them had jogging incorporated (couch to 5k) and I only ate half of my weeklies.

I just dont understand this plan and I am starting to get frustrated, well I understand it, but I dont know why the weightloss is sooo slow.

Sorry for the rant, but if I cant do it here, it would probably bubble up and id go off the rails lol

Having a vodka tonight to cheer me up lol and am going to enjoy myself tomorrow (not point/track but make conscious drink/food choices) and then be really good from Saturday on.

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Monife wrote: »
    Hi girls, down 1lb at WI this evening. Don't want to sound like a moan, but I am a bit disappointed. Just sick of seeing 1lb on the scales when I have been quite good. Seeing as I have SOOO much to lose, I was hoping I would see a few bigger numbers like 2 or 3 some weeks. At this rate it is going to take over 2 years to lose the weight and I cant shake that timeframe out of my head and it is really demotivating me.

When I see people get great numbers with little exercise it depresses me. I have been exercising more than I ever half in my life. I exercised 4 days this week and 3 of them had jogging incorporated (couch to 5k) and I only ate half of my weeklies.

I just dont understand this plan and I am starting to get frustrated, well I understand it, but I dont know why the weightloss is sooo slow.

Sorry for the rant, but if I cant do it here, it would probably bubble up and id go off the rails lol

Having a vodka tonight to cheer me up lol and am going to enjoy myself tomorrow (not point/track but make conscious drink/food choices) and then be really good from Saturday on.

Well done everyone.

Don't let it get you down Monife. When I was previously in WW, it took me a year and a half to lose 3 stone. Sure, it took time but a pound a week really adds up over time. Healthy weight loss involves small steps, if you lose a lot in one go, you'll put it back on. As my leader likes to remind us, we aren't on a diet, we're changing our thinking about food and becoming healthy eaters. Keep going and you perseverance will pay off :)

kateos2 wrote: »
    Don't let it get you down Monife. When I was previously in WW, it took me a year and a half to lose 3 stone. Sure, it took time but a pound a week really adds up over time. Healthy weight loss involves small steps, if you lose a lot in one go, you'll put it back on. As my leader likes to remind us, we aren't on a diet, we're changing our thinking about food and becoming healthy eaters. Keep going and you perseverance will pay off :)

Thanks. Yeah my leader said the exact same. I know it's true but cant help feeling a little p***ed off when I keep seeing 1lb. I am definitely going to stick with it, I am just so impatient. But I am finally in the mindset to do it, so there's no holding me back now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Thanks. Yeah my leader said the exact same. I know it's true but cant help feeling a little p***ed off when I keep seeing 1lb. I am definitely going to stick with it, I am just so impatient. But I am finally in the mindset to do it, so there's no holding me back now lol

Our leader makes us HOLD a pound or half a pound when we say "I ONLY lost.." try it out for 30 mins... carry a pound of something and when you get to put it back it'll make you think differently about it.. it went on slowly.. its best if it come off the same way.. well done.. you're a step closer to goal! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Was up 2lbs this week, didn't really track this week so think that was by downfall. Oh well back to the tracking and hopefully a good number next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just finished making a batch of Toblerone Cookies that were posted here the other day, they're gorgeous! Went down very well with a glass of milk :)

B6336E39024C4E3ABAB261745D3C5F93-0000316660-0002217730-00500L-049BA54E1B3C4D709B14DDCB9AB44BAA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

mmmmmmmmmmm those cookies look amazing will definitely have to try those out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The last time I was here, there was a "How many WW points in...?" thread, but I see that's been closed now. Is there a new one for ProPoints? I had a scan through the forum but couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

They look yum!!!! :p

• Advertisement

I just finished making a batch of Toblerone Cookies that were posted here the other day, they're gorgeous! Went down very well with a glass of milk :)

B6336E39024C4E3ABAB261745D3C5F93-0000316660-0002217730-00500L-049BA54E1B3C4D709B14DDCB9AB44BAA.jpg

The look so yum and a decent size too. But I cant bake, its a good thing though cos I wouldnt stop at 1 or 2.
    The last time I was here, there was a "How many WW points in...?" thread, but I see that's been closed now. Is there a new one for ProPoints? I had a scan through the forum but couldn't find anything.

There was, but they merged it with this thread as it was getting too messy and people were double posting and posting their thoughts in the points one and points in this one. Its much better this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

There was, but they merged it with this thread as it was getting too messy and people were double posting and posting their thoughts in the points one and points in this one. Its much better this way.

I preferred the old way as you could just skim through it for ideas, and there were recipes too, whereas this one covers much more than just pointing food. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

well folks im back!!

Welldone to everyone on their losses!! fair play to ya's.

I have bn soooo stressed the past 17days due to my mam being in hosp for that length plus in and out of hosp for my own health. So the WW went out the window..

I feel so depressed now as I was doing well. I will have to re-join again as I missed 2 meetings arghhhh
    My brother said hed pay for the online WW for me,hasanyone done this?? What does it entail exactly??

Also I lovecooking as most of you know! but I can never seem to get my veg soup right...
    I put potaotes, carrots,broccoli, onion, garlic etc... boil it up, with veg stock cube and blend it... but it turns out soooo bland. I do be raging, anyone know where Im going wrong??

Thanks a mil. I really wanna getback on track now my mam is home. please help me im desperate!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Becky85 wrote: »
    They have some good resistance training videos from this years operation transformation rte website: http://www.rte.ie/ot/video.html

They target all the flabby bits!

Oh great Becky, will deffo have a look, thanks! :D

Lost a pound tonight - not so bad - hope I don't have it on again after Paddy's weekend!! 37lb gone - 9 to go .... :)

Also I lovecooking as most of you know! but I can never seem to get my veg soup right...
    I put potaotes, carrots,broccoli, onion, garlic etc... boil it up, with veg stock cube and blend it... but it turns out soooo bland. I do be raging, anyone know where Im going wrong??

Thanks a mil. I really wanna getback on track now my mam is home. please help me im desperate!! lol

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Re: the soup. The best one I have made so far is carrot and corriander. I peel and chop about 6 carrots. Put them into a pot with 1 or 2 onions chopped (depending on size) bit of garlic and a whole packet of fresh corriander. About 900ml to 1litre stock (i used a chicken stock cube). Simmer for a good hour or more if you have time. Its lovely. You can add a bit of salt and pepper to taste but I dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Hope both you and your mum are doing ok. Re the soup, you could try using a chicken stock cube as opposed to veg stock and add a little curry powder or chilli powder, only a little sprinkle is all you need.
    dammitj wrote: »

Lost a pound tonight - not so bad - hope I don't have it on again after Paddy's weekend!! 37lb gone - 9 to go .... :)
    Well done dammitj, thats really good going.

Had my wi last night and I was at a STS, I could have cried as I can honestly say I had 29 pp each day and none of my weeklies, 2ltrs of water everyday & exercise... Felt as though I should have had a least 1 lb down, not liking my leader either lately, she rushes us at the queue, no opportunity to ask a question and then at the meeting itself, she doesn't encourage questions, she just loves her own voice, doesn't ever ask if she can help us in anyway. She's all over the new members, I have no problem with that, I was new once but just soooo frustrating.

Ok Rant over, just needed to get that off my chest, couldn't log on last night so was raging all day & ate all around me today, so disgusted, tmw is a new day (thank god)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Like a few today, I was disappointed with my wi this morning, I was only down .5 pound, I have been drinking the water, went to gym 4 times and kept within my 29 pp, used about 20 of my weeklys. So disheartened but not gonna go off side. Well done to everyone who lost and to those who are disappointed, hang on in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hope both you and your mum are doing ok. Re the soup, you could try using a chicken stock cube as opposed to veg stock and add a little curry powder or chilli powder, only a little sprinkle is all you need.

Well done dammitj, thats really good going.

Had my wi last night and I was at a STS, I could have cried as I can honestly say I had 29 pp each day and none of my weeklies, 2ltrs of water everyday & exercise... Felt as though I should have had a least 1 lb down, not liking my leader either lately, she rushes us at the queue, no opportunity to ask a question and then at the meeting itself, she doesn't encourage questions, she just loves her own voice, doesn't ever ask if she can help us in anyway. She's all over the new members, I have no problem with that, I was new once but just soooo frustrating.

Ok Rant over, just needed to get that off my chest, couldn't log on last night so was raging all day & ate all around me today, so disgusted, tmw is a new day (thank god)

Think we must have the same leader! Mine is exact same, offers no encouragement, is all over the new people and has her own clique!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

wow they look amazing...and huge! yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

all the ww threads were merged with this one...all the diet threads got cleaned up a few weeks ago. its alot easier having everything under one roof so to speak. just ask and people will answer if they can

grrrrr laptop acting up! 4 weeks left in college...worst possible time it can act up...but everything is backed up...so if the worse happens...i'll get by....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

It's great to read of the great losses tonight & to those who are losing in very small amounts (and I am one of those), I think there is nothing else for it than to stick with it & have faith in the program.

I spent a while today trying on clothes I haven't worn in years. I can now say that I can get into even my small size 14s. Any size 12s & the odd size 10 that I did own are long gone in a black bag to a charity shop, but hopefully soon I will be able to go to a shop to see if these fit me again. Well, maybe not that soon at the rate I am losing the weight!

Hope everyone has a nice St Patrick's Day tomorrow & that you don't go too mad. I'm off to see The Commitments in Belfast, so will have to bring low point snacks with me because we'll need to be away at about 6pm & probably not home until 1.30 or 2am. Won't be having any drink as we will probably share the driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

well done everyone!! I'm down 2.5 this week :D thank god! I'm back on the old points and am so glad to see the results. i know propoints is workinf really well for so many people but for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! after reading some posts i think might give the diet coke a miss for awhile, I drink way too much! but it's great for the sweet tooth..how are people finding being off it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

crazyy wrote: »
    after reading some posts i think might give the diet coke a miss for awhile, I drink way too much! but it's great for the sweet tooth..how are people finding being off it? :)

Can't say I have any withdrawal symptoms or cravings, but yesterday I fell asleep in the chair at about 4.30pm - I should have been making the tea & then today I was in the library with my 4 year old & I could hardly stay awake! I don't drink tea or coffee (don't like the taste of them) so I used the diet coke to keep me going sometimes as well as for filling me up to cut down on the snacking.

Good luck with giving it up. I know its not good you me, but I would love one sometimes. I was drinking 2 or 3 cans a day but haven't had any since the start of Lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

fairplay to you and thanks!! I think I'll try cut it out during the week for now and have it at weekends. I like coffee so that'd be a substitute if I need it :) might get to sleep easier though if I cut them both out! think it'll be better for my teeth aswell..am rambling a bit now sorry :p thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Anyone else gone back to old points like me?!!

Waiting to see what loss I get on Saturday! :D

I've gone back to the old points as I felt like propoints wasn't working. I lost 1.5lbs my first week on it so it's looking good.
    crazyy wrote: »
    well done everyone!! I'm down 2.5 this week :D thank god! I'm back on the old points and am so glad to see the results. i know propoints is workinf really well for so many people but for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! after reading some posts i think might give the diet coke a miss for awhile, I drink way too much! but it's great for the sweet tooth..how are people finding being off it? :)

Great to see a result for the old points. I've gone back to them as well so it's nice to hear results like that. I've also given up diet coke for length and I've had no cravings at all for it. I'm also drinking more water as a result!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

This week has been a complete write off :mad: I was away for a few days and tracking went out the window. I don't think I did too badly considering and before WW it definitely would've been worse. My new week starts tomorrow and I have a college ball coming up in April so I want to try and lose close enough to a stone by then.

Well done to everyone who had losses and anyone who was disappointed stick with it. At least it's coming off even if it's slowly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

well folks im back!!

Welldone to everyone on their losses!! fair play to ya's.

I have bn soooo stressed the past 17days due to my mam being in hosp for that length plus in and out of hosp for my own health. So the WW went out the window..

I feel so depressed now as I was doing well. I will have to re-join again as I missed 2 meetings arghhhh
    My brother said hed pay for the online WW for me,hasanyone done this?? What does it entail exactly??

Glad your mam is home. And hope you're ok yourself:)
    Re the soup, I love the butternut squash, red pepper and the philly cheese in it. Try that one, very tasty.
    Lots of Black pepper and herbs in veg soup, and I always add some chilli flakes, to give the soup and your metabolism, a kick.;)
    Anyway on tuesday I was down 2.5 pounds. Was SOOO happy.:D Hope this looonnnggg weekend wont ruin it for me. Happy Paddys DAy everyone!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Well done everyone.

I completely know what you mean. This week i only got to go to the gym 3 times, because i injured my knee, but i lost 3.5llbs as opposed to 0.5 and 2 the past few weeks when i was in the gym 6 nights, its weird. I too have a huge amount to lose (over half my starting body weight), but i'm taking it one silver 7 at a time, because otherwise i'd loose heart and revert to my old ways. Aiming to reach 5 stone next week so fingers crossed for a good week fro us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone... Hope u are enjoying ur Paddys Day... Ok went for my italian last nite( Yummy) so i had Garlic Bread for starter and then Carbonara for main and no dessert and just water... I had 42pp for it so that should cover it:D...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I had WI a day early this week and was down 1.5 which was thrilled with because last week I STS.

I am going into week 10 now and I am down 11.5lbs in total. My aim is to loose 20lbs in total which should get me down to my comfortable weight and size. Before I started WW in January I had dropped a half stone I think by myself but I really needed the motivation to keep going and thats exactly what WW gives me.

There have been some really tough weeks where I have STS or lost 0.5 and looking back at my trackers, the weeks where I have been fuller for longer after meals are the weeks when I had a good loss of 1 or 1.5.

Our leader always says to us that you need 3 good meals a day. Never skip breakfast. I have 2 weetabix every single day.

For lunch I find I am more hungry and have a bigger appetite than at dinner time. So for instance yesterday I had 2 Donegal Catch Cod at 5 pp each and a load of steamed veg just before 1pm. Along with a pint of water I was so full.

Wasn't hungry until 7pm and then had 2 mini pizzas 7pp each and 100g of oven crinkle chips 4pp for dinner. Loaded up on the 0pp toppings and again was full to the brim. So all in all went over my daily allowance by 4pp so took that out of my weeklies. I really could have done without the 2nd pizza but I wanted it, so I had it.

I have come to terms that this is for life and not just a quick fix and that is why the weight is slow coming off but the programme has given me so much more than weight loss. I am more adventurous now with cooking, I dont just opt for the easy option all the time. I am eating more veg than ever and my fruit phobia has gotten better. I now mix 2-3 different fruits in smoothies and I never used to go near the stuff!

For those who are frustrated with the slow weight losses, be patient, it is better for you, every single loss is one step closer to a better life. Keep the faith xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement