Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

so weird....couldnt stop eating yesterday :P and today....im not hungery at all haha i must have stuffed my self enough for two days yesterday :)

like when i do go over my points :p i do tend to stick to low point stuff....just ALOT of it... last night i had like 3 bowls of soup, 2 bowls of oatmeal, and a packet of the carmal rice cakes. had all that AFTER i'd used my daily points

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

jackmax wrote: »
    had wi this evening and im down 4lbs :D Im thrilled :D thats my second stone gone now so 29.5lbs gone so far :D

Well done Do you want to lose much more. Have loads to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »
    Re: the soup. The best one I have made so far is carrot and corriander. I peel and chop about 6 carrots. Put them into a pot with 1 or 2 onions chopped (depending on size) bit of garlic and a whole packet of fresh corriander. About 900ml to 1litre stock (i used a chicken stock cube). Simmer for a good hour or more if you have time. Its lovely. You can add a bit of salt and pepper to taste but I dont.

I've made this soup too - it's lovely! Well worth it! :D

Had a lovely night out last night! Was v.good and had minestrone soup to start, then my smoked salmon pizza. Didn't have dessert or a drink, instead I drank about a litre of water. The whole meal was gorgeous! It also helped that I wore a dress that I bought for a cousin's wedding last year and it's too big on me now! Even when I was stuffed with pizza, it was still loose :D:D:D Will get it taken in when I get to goal!

No WI today because of the day that's in it, but was good today. Walked the 3 miles into the parade. Then in the afternoon, I bought new runners, new running pants AND a pedometer to improve my exercise routine! Then I went to Tesco and bought loads of healthy stuff. Will do my shopping tomorrow in Dunnes & Lidl. Also, going clothes shopping tomorrow :D:D:D

Sorry for long post - in a talkative mood today! Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Well done Do you want to lose much more. Have loads to lose

thanks :) Yeah I have more to lose. want to lose 4 stone in total, maybe even 4 and a half. that's my own personal goal. According to my leader I have another stone and a bit to get to WW goal. My step daughter's communion is in May so I have my own mini goal to get down 3 stone by then. Its 8 wks away and I have 12.5lbs to go so have to work hard. have been looking into spinning classes so am going to inquire tomorrow about them.
    it seemed so daunting when I joined in January but I'm half way there now already so that pushes me along and makes me think that it is very doable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

is that carrot & corriander soup 0pp? sounds yum. definitely going to make this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Well today was my first week to be up. I deserved it completely, but i'm still quite sad and MAD about it. Leader was fine and tried to encourage me to keep on track and draw a line under the bad and start back with the good. Up .5 so my total weight loss is 16lbs since mid jan.

Skinnydoll, great blog. The PP's are so handy to have. Well done.

I went out last night and blew all my daily's and weekly's. I was supposed to be out for the day and night today, but i cried off saying i had too bad a hangover. I didn't really, but just couldn't justify the points that i would be using (i.e. all my weekly's that i've already used!). I'm supposed to be going to dinner tomorrow night, but i'm going to cancel that too, not really in the humor and can't afford it. Leader keeps telling us that we need to get selfish to loose the pounds, so i'm gona start and not keep saying yes to everyone :D

Good luck everyone and hope ur having a great paddy's day

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Hi ladies

Been following this thread for a little while now, as I started on WW just 5 weeks ago. I don't have a large amount to lose, but could do with getting a stone off. Just don't feel right in myself being the weight I am.

Anyway, I'm pretty devastated today, and couldn't think of a better place to turn...
    So I have been weighing myself using my Wii Fit since I stared. Been tracking weight and points, and thought I was getting on great. Thought I had lost a total of 8.8 pounds, and was feeling great about myself.
    Turns out, my Wii Fit hasn't been saving my results for the past few weeks, so every week when I weighed myself, and it said -0.8kg or whatever, I rejoiced and noted that down as my weight loss for that week, but in actual fact, what it was showing me was a total weight loss from a few weeks ago.

So I thought I had lost 8.8lbs, and really I have only lost 3 or 4 :(
    I'm so disappointed. I have been trying so hard and never once went outside my points. I feel like it's all been for nothing now.

Sorry for the rant. I just feel so upset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

had a bit of a lazy day....well very lazt actually.....didnt technicaly get outa bed til after 5...but i had been up till half 6 watching dvds with my boyf...and no snacking done..except a mcDonalds crunchie mcFlurry...got n icecream craving when we went to xtravision but it only made me go 5over my dailies and they were the 1st weeklies iv had to use since tues!

because i got up so late we deciced to jus get pizza and chips for dinner@about 8 because i had all my dailies to use! i ended up having half a 12" ham and mushroom pizza (more of a pizzaira pizza than a dominos pizza so extra tasty) less than half a large chips....prob actualy ate less than even half a small chips and 4onion rings along with some pepsi max....would hav prefered water but kinda felt like something fizzy. im just gonna say that that basically used up all my points!

got a good half hour walk in aswell....my boyfriends dogs are a great excuse to drag him out walking with me!!! i really went for it up hills!!

back to eating properly again tomorrow but if u cant binge on paddys day then when can u!!!

oh ya had a sneaky peak at the scales even after the pizza and its looking like im down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Evening All

This thread is still inspiring me - thanks to all.

Had a generous slice of jam and cream sponge cake tonight - couldn't resist it - was at somebody's birthday - dread to think how many points it cost me. Anybody have any ideas how to point a big creamy slice of yummy light fluffy sponge cake...with a bit of jam in it...and cream on the side....and cream on the top...!!
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just wanted to post this because I noticed a few days ago that someone was going to see The Commitments in Dublin (sorry, can't remember who). I am just home from seeing them in Belfast & it was brilliant. Andrew Strong is such a showman. Great night. And it's the first night that I have left my youngest with a babysitter (we could only ever go out together before after she was asleep - crazy I know) and she was no bother, so hopefully we'll get a better social life from now on - but no meals out yet until I get to goal!

Stuck to my points today, but did break my lent (you are allowed on St Patrick's Day aren't you?) so had some diet coke. Back off it from tomorrow & also planning to take the kids swimming, so maybe I'll get a few lengths done myself while I'm there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

-5lb this week!! Back on track!! Thrilled!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So WI this morning & I was up 0.5lb :(

Not going to lie I'm pi**ed off, I didn't have any kind of blow out, stayed off alcohol & was sick this week as well. Only thing I can put it down to is me doing less exercise this week so only 4 3 mile walks in rather than 5 or 6 & possibly extra snacking I did last week (but within points) due to TOTM & it showing this WI rather than last & me eating dinner very late yesterday 8.30

Anyway don't want to be a moaning mini & not trying to make excuses or anything it is what it is yes I'm not happy but I guess I have to take the bad with the good & I did have good losses the last 3 weeks so overall it will balance out I'm just raging is all cos if I went on a blowout I'd say yes I deserve it!

Anyway exactly 2 months in now (I started 17th of Jan) & it's my first wk up onwards & downwards & I'm going to rid myself of this 0.5 & more hopefully nxt wk!

Congrats on all the losses everyone well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

fofany wrote: »
    Just wanted to post this because I noticed a few days ago that someone was going to see The Commitments in Dublin (sorry, can't remember who). I am just home from seeing them in Belfast & it was brilliant. Andrew Strong is such a showman. Great night.

It was me, I'm going to see them on Sat night. Really looking forward to it. Delighted to hear you enjoyed it because you never know with these type gigs!
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    So WI this morning & I was up 0.5lb :(

Not going to lie I'm pi**ed off, I didn't have any kind of blow out, stayed off alcohol & was sick this week as well. Only thing I can put it down to is me doing less exercise this week so only 4 3 mile walks in rather than 5 or 6 & possibly extra snacking I did last week (but within points) due to TOTM & it showing this WI rather than last & me eating dinner very late yesterday 8.30

I know how frustrating it is when you've had a good week and are expecting to be down.
    But you've been doing brilliantly to date. And I'm sure you will be down that much next week and a lot more ;)

I'd say I'm going to be up next week. Had a burger with this red onion confit and goats cheese yesterday...it was absolutely delish. Only had a few drinks last night tho. But just know tomorrow is going to be a disaster. Didn't get out for a walk yesterday, but going this morning as soon as I finish a few bits of work done. It looks like such a beautiful day out...can't wait to get out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kildareash wrote: »
    It was me, I'm going to see them on Sat night. Really looking forward to it. Delighted to hear you enjoyed it because you never know with these type gigs!

Lucky you. Glen Hansard wasn't there last night & I think he would have been worth seeing, but he doing all the other shows, so I'd say that it will be even better on Saturday night. The girls were amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone... Hope u all had a brilliant Paddys Day... Ok tonight is going to be my biggest test yet have a party... Im so determined not to go completely crazy thanks god for the 49 weeklies... Im going to drink Bulmers Light (4pp?) and then Vodka and 7up free(3pp?) and eat very little finger food...
    Wish me luck:p...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... Hope u all had a brilliant Paddys Day... Ok tonight is going to be my biggest test yet have a party... Im so determined not to go completely crazy thanks god for the 49 weeklies... Im going to drink Bulmers Light (4pp?) and then Vodka and 7up free(3pp?) and eat very little finger food...
    Wish me luck:p...

good luck ;) if you want to avoid picking at finger food, maybe have a bowl of zero point soup before you go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Dee01 wrote: »
    Well today was my first week to be up. I deserved it completely, but i'm still quite sad and MAD about it. Leader was fine and tried to encourage me to keep on track and draw a line under the bad and start back with the good. Up .5 so my total weight loss is 16lbs since mid jan.

Skinnydoll, great blog. The PP's are so handy to have. Well done.

Thanks.. I like having it all in a list and I try to do it in alphabetical order :confused: we've lost the same amount so far! Well done... isn't it mad how much of a difference it makes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Jwacqui wrote: »

-5lb this week!! Back on track!! Thrilled!!!

Great loss and I'm def gonna try the smoothies!!! well done!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Great loss and I'm def gonna try the smoothies!!! well done!:D

Thanks, I worked hard for it! They are delish!! Honestly on of the nicest healthiest things I've ever eaten!

i <3 discovering low point goodies....but its so much better when the low point goodies are HEALTHY! :) Well one girl! Just shows what we can do when we really TRY. How are the cook books?

God! I've really noticed a HUGE difference since i gave up the bread and toast at home. totally less bloated...the jeans i got a few weeks ago already feel looser! Wont know really for a few weeks if makes a real difference on the scales....last friday night i had a HUGE binge before my WI...I needed it tho...Last weeks WI as a result gave me a false WI weight of like up 5lbs! LMAO

So tomorrow i'm just expecting that 5lbs to be down...the 5lb gain last week literly i say was the actual food in my stomach LOL......and i am sorry for what i'm about to say cos it quite gross...but cos of the stress last week....mmmm i was quite....the only polite way i can put it is...backed up...

2 months to the end of college! would love 5 - 7lbs by then (not including tomorrows WI...cos i'm expecting to be down the binge weight from last week)

one annoying side effect of losing weight...finding it fecking hard to find a comfortable bra...hope its just the back fat shrinking and not the boobs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Well done dammitj, thats really good going.

Had my wi last night and I was at a STS, I could have cried as I can honestly say I had 29 pp each day and none of my weeklies, 2ltrs of water everyday & exercise... Felt as though I should have had a least 1 lb down, not liking my leader either lately, she rushes us at the queue, no opportunity to ask a question and then at the meeting itself, she doesn't encourage questions, she just loves her own voice, doesn't ever ask if she can help us in anyway. She's all over the new members, I have no problem with that, I was new once but just soooo frustrating.

Ok Rant over, just needed to get that off my chest, couldn't log on last night so was raging all day & ate all around me today, so disgusted, tmw is a new day (thank god)

Yeah my leader is the same. She has her favourites and doesn't seem to care about anyone else.
    I went to a new class this week and found the leader much nicer. It's 5 miles out of my way but I think it's worth it, I really need the encouragement.

I was soooo bold yesterday. All my weeklies are gone already and I don't WI until next wednesday eve. So it's going to be a fairly quiet weekend food-wise, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i <3 discovering low point goodies....but its so much better when the low point goodies are HEALTHY! :) Well one girl! Just shows what we can do when we really TRY. How are the cook books?

God! I've really noticed a HUGE difference since i gave up the bread and toast at home. totally less bloated...the jeans i got a few weeks ago already feel looser! Wont know really for a few weeks if makes a real difference on the scales....last friday night i had a HUGE binge before my WI...I needed it tho...Last weeks WI as a result gave me a false WI weight of like up 5lbs! LMAO

So tomorrow i'm just expecting that 5lbs to be down...the 5lb gain last week literly i say was the actual food in my stomach LOL......and i am sorry for what i'm about to say cos it quite gross...but cos of the stress last week....mmmm i was quite....the only polite way i can put it is...backed up...

2 months to the end of college! would love 5 - 7lbs by then (not including tomorrows WI...cos i'm expecting to be down the binge weight from last week)

one annoying side effect of losing weight...finding it fecking hard to find a comfortable bra...hope its just the back fat shrinking and not the boobs!
    Oh god your so right lainy, I've noticed that the side,nearly under my arm say of my bra is very baggy and I only got measured a few weeks ago! I'm thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

dammitj wrote: »
    Oh great Becky, will deffo have a look, thanks! :D

Lost a pound tonight - not so bad - hope I don't have it on again after Paddy's weekend!! 37lb gone - 9 to go .... :)
    well done on the loss!! thats good you like the new leader, defo worth the travel! no point going to a class not feeling like its helping you, since you are paying for the service!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

well done everyone on the losses and sts!! i unfortunely was + 1.5.....wasnt too devastated as expected it after bread binges and then alot of exercise i felt defo made me heavier too!! my clothes are feeling uncomfortable so i know i will lose this week...hopefully!!

im still a free member as one you reach goal and stay within 5 pounds you dont have to pay...and if im still near my goal weight in weeks i get my gold card!!

my mission from today is not to snack in the evenings anymore.....i have got into a terible habit....just piles of healthy stuff but its still adding the points up!

worked in a burger van yest and didnt even have one chip....the the ice cream van guy asked if we wanted a free 99 cone and automatically said yessssss!!! pointed it at 8 but does anyone think it wuld be more, its was large with flake and golden syrup stuff too!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Totally agree about bras - cost so much and have been told you may need a different size for each 7lb you lose!!! Makes such a difference when you have a decent one though.

As for the "back up" problem apples and loads of water work for me

Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins

ProPoints : 4
    Servings: 12
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These muffins are the perfect way to start your day. They're so delicious, and they also make a great afternoon snack.

Ingredients
    190 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain,
    165 g Sugar, Caster
    2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
    1/2 teaspoons Salt
    1 medium Lemon, zest of whole lemon
    1 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
    300 ml Buttermilk
    2 tablespoons Butter, melted
    1 medium Egg, Whole, lightly beaten

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
    Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next four ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.

Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds; make a well in centre of mixture. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3⁄4 full.
    Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
    Place on wire rack to cool completely.

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Totally agree about bras - cost so much and have been told you may need a different size for each 7lb you lose!!! Makes such a difference when you have a decent one though.

As for the "back up" problem apples and loads of water work for me

Last weekend was spent eating bran muffins and downing pints of warm water! sorted it self out...i think it was from the stress of exams and family emergency's. My body throwing a tantrum :P haha!

Have a big bowl of sugarfree Lemon & Lime jelly in the fridge. Nice water filled 0pp yummy snack for tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oh my lord...I'm in serious amounts of trouble WW-wise...finding it very hard to get back on track, had a crap weekend last weekend, was okay Monday-Wednesday then yesterday was a disaster! Got a chinese last night and half of its still in the fridge...and being a student I'm so broke I can't really justify throwing it out :( Think I may just enjoy it and get back on track tomorrow...WI on Monday so I'm hoping with a fair amount of walking between here and then I might be able to STS...I'm really hoping I haven't lost the run of myself altogether and that I'll be able to get back into it...I want my stone by Monday 10th April - 3 weeks from now and I've 4.5lb to go...so I'll have to get right back into it :mad:

Drinking lots of water, walked twice this week and going again tonight so really really hoping that might make up a little bit for the rest of my bad behaviour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Hi. Could anyone tell me for my friend who use to follow the old WW system what her daily allowance would be now, she is 5ft 1 " and weighs 11 stone 5 lb. I know the min is 29 but not sure if this is what she would be allowed. many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

huggiebear wrote: »
    Hi. Could anyone tell me for my friend who use to follow the old WW system what her daily allowance would be now, she is 5ft 1 " and weighs 11 stone 5 lb. I know the min is 29 but not sure if this is what she would be allowed. many thanks.

Hiya, my stats would be similar to your friend and I'm on 29 pp a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement