Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!

im just back from aqua aerobics started last week monday and wednesday and went walking tuesday and thursday.didnt get any exercise in friday saturday or sunday:mad: re joined my classes last tuesday so first weigh in tomorrow :eek: im hoping ive managed to lose something been really watching what ive eaten all week so fingers crossed!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Thats terrible Jwacqui .. Men :mad: hope your feeling ok

Well I got back on track yesterday did a 2 hour walk and an hour this morning and stayed within my points! i'm gonna hit the gym tonight for
    an hour I might do a class instead of the normal routine!

Hopefully it will undo a little of the damage i have done over the past week!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi girls,

Thanks for that I barelycare and 1ibatatime I feel better now, there are a few small things like that which I get confuessed about example our leader told us that Helmans extra light mayo was now 4 points for the whole jar so I asked her if I spread a little on my bread is there any need to point it and she said yes call it a 1/2 point but there is only 4 in the whole jar ahhhh so yes I have been pointing it as a 1/2 over so it may cover some where else where i under pointed.

well Im making up for the week end eat 15 points yesterday, as I had the no point soup and its quite nice with some ww THICK hum bread (not that thick) and instead of getting a wrap in my local ive brought a brown medium pitta bread, some wrap's can have up to 4 points b4 you put anything in them! and this evening Im going for another bowl of the no point soup. I know its a lot of carbs with the pitta and bread but its a quick fix for tomorrow usually I would have chicken breast grilled or chicken stir fry so hopefully this will work and ill have another few points of pg

hi everyone!

im so happy today i went to my meeting this morning a little aprehensive as i had started to think of things id not pointed over the week but i was genuinely shocked when i saw id lost 5lbs this week!!!!:D i can only put it down to the fact that i have started exercising because while i watched what i ate i did nothing really different that would have made such a huge difference!
    my weight loss had really stalled for a while and i got really disheartened by it and stopped going to my meetings but boy am i glad i went back! so if there is anyone else feeling the same just go for it if i can do it anyone can!!!!!

itsallaboutme!! - thats amazing congrats :D!!!! you must be delighted :) what kind of exercise did you do this week?

• Advertisement

hi lotstlose!

i cant tell you how delighted i am i was in shock when i saw the screen i didnt know what to say to my leader she just laughed at me!!!

ive joined a aqua aerobics class its on monday and wednesdays and ive been out walking but i didnt think it would affect my weight loss that much to be honest. the aerobics class is 45 minutes each time and id say you get out what you put into it. it can be as energetic as you want it to be. i only made it out walking last tuesady and thursday evenings for about an hour each time so i didnt think i had done that much. and i had a little blow out on sunday at friends for dinner and didint point all day so i really was surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

hi people! I've been on hols for a week just back today and have my wi tonight. Was seriously thinking about missing it and working hard for the week to cover for what should be a big blip back up. To put it in context i have been drinking everyday was in scotland for heineken cup final and i'm just shattered. but i did jump on the scales at home and it doesn't look like i've done too much damage - well besides that to my liver of course :-) so i might go. Will see how i feel later i guess.
    Congrats too all with your big losses by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hi lotstlose!

i cant tell you how delighted i am i was in shock when i saw the screen i didnt know what to say to my leader she just laughed at me!!!

ive joined a aqua aerobics class its on monday and wednesdays and ive been out walking but i didnt think it would affect my weight loss that much to be honest. the aerobics class is 45 minutes each time and id say you get out what you put into it. it can be as energetic as you want it to be. i only made it out walking last tuesady and thursday evenings for about an hour each time so i didnt think i had done that much. and i had a little blow out on sunday at friends for dinner and didint point all day so i really was surprised.

Hey, well done on your weight loss this week, that's amazing! Can I just ask you about the aqua aerobics classes...are they any good? I was thinking of starting them in the national aquatic centre but a bit nervous as am so unfit and I'd be mortified to be struggling to keep up with everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

Hey, well done on your weight loss this week, that's amazing! Can I just ask you about the aqua aerobics classes...are they any good? I was thinking of starting them in the national aquatic centre but a bit nervous as am so unfit and I'd be mortified to be struggling to keep up with everyone!

Hi there

Have been watching this thread for months so reckon its time i got involved ...

Aqua is brilliant ... has toned me up and increased my fitness levels ... you can take it at your own pace .... mind you I was sore after the first time I went ... but am doing it 2 months now and I love it ...

Am on WW since January and delighted to say i reached my 3rd stone off last night ... am delighted ...

Thanks to all for this thread - it keeps me going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hey everyone!

Well done, some fantastic losses this week! Keep up the good work!

I put on a pound but I am not too bothered as its only a pound! And I will have it gone next week!

Even though I have gained the last 2weeks the 6.5lb loss the week before is holding it together. So my loss for the last 3weeks including the gains is 3.5lb which is over my target of a pound a week!

I bought the tracker book this week and am hoping that will be more motivation as I love organisation!! I know! And I always keep my tracker sheets so this will be better to have then all in one place!

My aim this week is to get out and go walking!! EXERCISE!! It's a big downfall for me! So going to drag my mam out with me and see how it goes!

I went to a meeting tonight where the leader had a woman come in and talk to us that had lost 9st 7lb with WW. It was really inspiring and a great motivation!

Also my friend that goes to weightwatchers with me, he's 4lb away from goal asked me would I ever consider being a leader when I get to goal as he thinks I'd be great and I'm always kicking his ass to go lol! So that brightened up my day!

For once I am not rushing this, I am enjoying losing weight, enjoying the ups and downs, enjoying the journey and doing it for myself and that excites me a hell of alot!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

J xx :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

JWACQUI

Sorry to hear your news, let yourself feel it and live it, tis just the worst thing. I got no words to say to you thats gonna make it any easier for you, just don't let it sabotage your efforts to date. not an easy thing to do, you got the Queen of sabotage talking here..................It dosen't matter if you eat your whole weeks points in one day, just start again form the next day, or better still from the next time you put something to your mouth.

Been having a fairly crap week myself, week 3 no change. Tis tom, but still, all things considered there shud have been a drop in the scales........... Back to drawing board yet again.

Later losers.............

Thank you felinefeelings and lots2lose, its appreciated.

Chin up and move on I spose it's not gonna affect my weight loss! :)

J xx

hey!

the national aquatic centre is where im doing my classes! ive only been to three so far am going tonight so that will make four. i find them good i am so unfit its not even funny and i have bad knees also(injuries from days gone by)(im only 27 but that makes me sound really old!!!:eek:). its definatley something that you can take at your own pace starting off even the instructer asks at the start of every class who is new and she will tell you to take it at your own pace.

i have found the class on monday (been to this one twice) a little bit more challenging than the wednesday one (although only been to this one once so far). the classs on monday just gone was brilliant she really worked us hard we use bottles full of water as weights for upper body work and i definatley felt the BURN on monday night!

its defo something im gonna stick with though i kept putting it off for weeks but im glad ive started now!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hey!

the national aquatic centre is where im doing my classes! ive only been to three so far am going tonight so that will make four. i find them good i am so unfit its not even funny and i have bad knees also(injuries from days gone by)(im only 27 but that makes me sound really old!!!:eek:). its definatley something that you can take at your own pace starting off even the instructer asks at the start of every class who is new and she will tell you to take it at your own pace.

i have found the class on monday (been to this one twice) a little bit more challenging than the wednesday one (although only been to this one once so far). the classs on monday just gone was brilliant she really worked us hard we use bottles full of water as weights for upper body work and i definatley felt the BURN on monday night!

its defo something im gonna stick with though i kept putting it off for weeks but im glad ive started now!!!:D

Excellent! I think I'll definitely give it a shot now. I also have bad knees (only 23 :o) but you've made me feel a lot better about going. Can't go tonight and next Monday is BH so I am determined to go next Wednesday, hopefully I'll be seeing you there :) I had a look at the website about the classes, do you have to ring and book a place before you go or do you just turn up early on the night?

Had my WI last night, was up half a pound :( I know it's not too bad but I'm only 3 weeks in so I really should be doing better than that. Quite disappointed in myself, even though I knew I didn't have a great week. It's made me all the more determined though. I'm going to take it a lot more seriously this week and definitely have to do some exercise. It's going to be hard with the BH weekend, but I can't be up 2 weeks in a row!

Good luck to everyone else this week x

Hey Girls! I might give the Aqua Aerobics a go too they do it in my local gym on Wednesdays I seem to prefer the Classes to the workouts i'm terrible for motivating myself :(

Im dreading weigh in tonight but I will bite the bullet and go anyways!

Congrats to everyone who has lost this week so far! xxx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Yeah I'm down 2lbs. Will be missing next week as away. But all happy. Exercise definitely my downfall but I am trying :-)
    Well done everyone.

hey ibarelycare!

im definatley a fan of it now and ive only just started going but its actually the first time ive tried an exercise that i enjoy so that has to be a good thing!!!
    you dont need to ring ahead at all just show up on the night! class starts at 8.30pm so i usually get there for around quarter past to get changed and that. you just go in and pay at reception 5e if your a member of the nac 8e for non members like me:D. make sure you bring a swim cap too!!
    i ended up not making it tonight as i was painting all day after work so im taking that as my workout for today:eek: forgot about the BH next monday!:mad: will have to head out walking instead :( so anyway best of luck this week and maybe ill be seeing ya poolside next week!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

hi there ladies and gents

i've been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to post

im 29 years old, female

i joined WW last October and was shocked to discover i needed to lose 8 stone :eek::eek: yes , thats 8 stone.

i was at a totally disgusting weight, not to mention unhealthy.

since Oct i have managed, thankfully, to lose 4 stone 3.5 lbs (well, that was last week. just had WI tonight and i gained 3.5 lbs in the last week :mad::o i had 2 nights out and ive my period so that explains it)

i am delighted with what ive lost so far, but goal just seems soooooo far away. i get disheartened at times.

im pissed off tonight that i gained a quarter stone in one week. it will prob take me two weeks to lose it. ive only gained weight on four weeks since i joined, but im just annoyed with myself tonight. goal weight deferred by another week or two.

anyone got any motivation pills i could take??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Firstly, MASSIVE MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, that is an amazing feat to do to loose that amount of weight and you are now on a healty track:):)

My advice - Find a pic of yourself when you were 4 stone heavier and look at it, and look in the mirror... Or put on an old pair of pants!!!

DO NOT BE MAD!! 3.5 lb is only 3.5 lb, don't think of it as quarter of a stone, you can retain up to 5lb of water when you have your period...

Best of luck and don't give up hope, remeber - your goal weight is 56 pounds closer than it was 8 months ago and summer is easier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello guys...Just catchin up on past couple days...

Well done to all who lost thats brill...and to those who may not have draw a line underneath it..and start again!! Best approach for staying on track...:D

I had a mixed week so dunno what to expect at WI tamo...completely stressed wit exams at moment too not helpin at all :(...

Jwacqui...sorry to hear your news just read your post from last nite... u seem to have a great outlook...fair play to u for the positivity..Ur very right...do it for u an no one else!!

Best of luck to all still to Wi i shall let you all no how i gets on tamo!!

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Hi All,
    I've been reading this for a while and thought it was about time I joined the fun :D
    I started WW again in March after at least 3 failed attempts, in one I actually put on half a stone :confused: but this time around I got serious. I had been carrying a bit of weight around anyway but suddenly put on an extra stone that I did not need!! I'm only 5ft, with a small frame, so extra weight really shows :( esp the dreaded tummy and back fat, yuck!
    I'm happy to say that it is starting to pay off, I've lost a stone and I have 7lbs to go to reach my target weight. I've only been losing about a 1lb a week but I'm content that its going in the right direction this time!
    I find all your posts so motivating, so thanks to you all for being here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone,

Well done to everybody who had a loss this week, good luck to those of you that have ww in the next few days and chin up to those that had a bad week, its only a week and you have lots ahead so stay positive!

I had my weigh in last nite and was 2 ibs down thank god thats 4 ibs down in two weeks so im happy. heading to sligo on sunday for the nite and going out saturday nite at home so im thinking ahead im going to go for long walks as its giving a lovely weekend:cool:, so gonna start saving the points now so I can have a few treats ie drink or 2 and maybe a meal Ill keep to stri frys there great low in fat and tasty..

Well thats my update for now.

Good luck everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I wonder if you could help me please.
    I am a Gold member of weight watchers.
    However, I did give up the cigarettes recently, and ended up going over my
    goal weight.
    I know I can go over my goal weight my 5 lbs but I am currently about 9 and
    a half pounds over (re joined last night)
    I wonder if you could tell me if I will immediately be free again when I
    reach my goal weight (or 5 lbs over this), or is there a process of
    maintaining at goal weight.
    Thanks for your Help,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Salli

hi all, I just posted this at the bottom of a thread I started already but realised this may be the better place. I would really like to join weight watchers. I am 5'8" and weigh 10st 4lb. The website says "The minimum joining weight is 10lb above BMI=20. You must have 10lb to lose to join Weight Watchers". and the chart says 10.2lb...does this mean that I have to be 10lb above 10st 2lb or I need a bmi that, if I lost 10 pounds, would be greater than or equal to BMI20??? And if I did join would my goal weight be BMI 20 (approx 9st 5lb) or the minimum joining weight 10.2?

Hi Salli, at 5ft 8 the min joining weight (according to my booklet!) is 9st 11lbs, so you're good to go ;)
    best of luck

Yay! I knew it sounded really heavy. They's have to let me, I defo have a lots of spare pounds to show them!

Well you already have a very healthy BMI and seem very well balanced in your weight range (again so says my handy book) but it's all about personal choice :)

I know, my bmi body fat etc are all inn the healthy range, but I honestly think I should be at the lower end of the scale. I used to be and I was slim not skinny, now I have substatial love handles and back fat! I don't think I'm a heavy person (meaning that some friends my height are the same size but weigh more. Plus I'm unfit so probably have very little heavy muscle!), for a long time I was 9st and a few so I reckon I have put on 1st of pure fat!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

happy friday everyone!!!

well i was delighted last night at weigh in i was 2lbs down yeehaw!!!:D goal is getting closer & closer i can feel it GOLD WILL BE MINE IN 2009. I keep saying it over & over again to get there i belive it more each time i say it!

well done to everyone who lost this week. just wanted to give a big shout out to jwacqui & shellybelly you're positive attitudes are very inspiring to us other WW Boardies so just wanted to say THANKS A MILLION ;)

hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend & that this sunshine lasts.

• Advertisement

Happy Friday Everyone also!! Especially Ladiee24!! :D

Congratulations on your loss this week!! Thats fab! You'll be a gold member before you know it! So, seeing as you're so close any tips for all us that are a little farther from goal??

I bet you have loads as you have done an amazing job so far! ;)

I'm having a really good week so far!! I have to say thanks so much for your comment. I had intentions to join the gym this week. I might, I think I will, I wil next week etc..

I was supposed to do it yesterday but didn't get around to it and when I seen your post this morning I got up went to the gym and not only joined but got a plan made up and did it today!

I feel so great for doing it and I enjoyed pushing myself! Would you believe I'm home now and want to go do it again!! The trainer said that with the plan he made me (interval training) that I can expect up to a 4lb loss the first few weeks as it will strip the fat!!! :eek: But I'd be happy with 2lbs!! I think thats alot I don't want to be dissappointed!

Hope we are all having a fantastic week!! And are enjoying your weight loss journey, and remember it is a journey and it doesn't matter if it takes longer than you expected or you get lost along the way just get back on the horse and keep in mind what you want and it will be yours. Just stick with it!

Reach for the moon and it you don't quite get there you'll fall on a star!!

I know it's cheesy but we are all capable of so much when we put our mind to it, it just takes determination!!

Much love to everyone!!

Jacqui xx :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement