Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Shopped till I dropped today :D First time in ages that I enjoyed clothes shopping! Got two new pairs of jeans and for the first time in about three years, I put on a size 12 and didn't have a muffin top :D

On the downside, haven't had the best day foodwise. Was awake at 6am, couldn't get back to sleep so got up and had breakfast, then washed the floors, then by 8am was starving again, so had 2 slices of WW bread toasted with honey. So by the time I left the house at 9am to go shopping, I'd eaten 9pp :eek: I normally get away for 4pp until 1pm! On the plus side though, I spent three hours walking around town and then went for a swift 20min jog when I got home!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Jwacqui wrote: »

-5lb this week!! Back on track!! Thrilled!!!

Hey jwacqui WOW congrats thats amazing well done!!!! what was a typical day for you this week have had a bad wk WI is in the morning and I know I'm up just need some inspiration to get me back on track

Thanks hun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

dammitj wrote: »
    Yeah my leader is the same. She has her favourites and doesn't seem to care about anyone else.
    I went to a new class this week and found the leader much nicer. It's 5 miles out of my way but I think it's worth it, I really need the encouragement.

I was soooo bold yesterday. All my weeklies are gone already and I don't WI until next wednesday eve. So it's going to be a fairly quiet weekend food-wise, oh well!

Oh stop. I was sooooooooooooo bold yesterday AND today. Here to confess my sins. Had copious amount of alcohol, you wouldnt even believe. I'd say the rest of my dailies after big brunch (had 23PP left) plus the 49PP weeklies were just blown on alcohol. And I got a kids meal in the chipper. Today, for the first time since October, I had McDonalds. And then came home and ate popcorn, a twister, curly wurly and a peanut butter sandwich. I just really hope if I am good from now til Wednesday, and exercise every day (weather permitting) that I can sts or be down even 0.5lb. Ah well, ya have to live. Feels dangerous having no weeklies left though... and I know I will want to have a couple of drinks with the OH tomorrow night. Just have to be really good foodwise during the day.

Hope everyone had a lovely Paddys Day, and had a little more willpower than me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

okay so this is a halloween recipe, but all you have to do is change the food colouring to make them fit any occasion :)

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

We topped these cupcakes with a spooky web design and plastic spiders for some sweet Halloween fun.

Ingredients
    250 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    100 g Cocoa Powder
    25 g Cornflour
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    10 tablespoons Splenda Low Calorie Sweetener Granulated
    2 individual Egg White
    250 ml Water
    3 tablespoons (level) Honey, runny
    150 g Sugar, Caster
    1 tablespoons Water
    1 individual Egg White, medium
    1 tablespoons (level) Syrup, Any Type, golden
    50 g Sugar, Icing, sifted and mixed to a stiff paste with 1-2 tsp hot water and 1-2 drops of orange food colouring

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180ºC/160º fan/350ºF. Line two 12-hole muffin tins with greaseproof paper.

Sift the flour, cocoa, cornflour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the Splenda.

Add the egg whites, water and honey and mix quickly until just combined. Spoon into the muffin papers until each hole is completely full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.

While cupcakes cool, make frosting: Heat a medium pot of water to boiling. In a medium metal or glass bowl, using an electric whisk, beat the sugar, water and egg white with the syrup. Beat for 1 minute until thickening.

Place bowl of frosting over the pan of boiling water (you are creating a double boiler) and beat at high speed for 4-5 mins until the mixture forms soft peaks.

Remove frosting from heat and beat until the mixture is thick enough to spread. Frost cupcakes and decorate with icing to create a spider's web.

Onion Rings

Now ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 35 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

The secret to tasty oven-fried food is well-seasoned coatings and a hot oven. You definitely won't believe you're watching your weight with this recipe!

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, or enough to cover baking sheet
    25 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    1/4 teaspoons (chopped) Garlic, powder
    1/8 teaspoons Colmans English Mustard Powder, (dry mustard ), or other brand
    1/4 teaspoons Salt
    2 large Onion, All Types, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
    120 ml Buttermilk
    125 g Breadcrumbs, Dried, seasoned
    1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, to top onion rings

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 200ºC. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, mustard powder and salt. Add onions and toss to coat.

Pour buttermilk into another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat (use your hands for the best result).

Place bread crumbs in another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat. Transfer onions to prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.

Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.

Chef Tips
    We renovated Onion Rings by:
    Using naturally low in fat buttermilk instead of whole milk or whole eggs.

Baking instead of deep-frying.

Adding seasonings to the flour to boost flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey girls, I know I've asked this question before, but find it hard to work out on the table in book.

I generally do about 25 minutes on the exercise bike and about the same on treadmill in gym, I would rate it as moderate intensity, I've been giving myself 2 activity points, but my friend reckons I am earning more, what do you think?
    I never eat my activity points but do like to keep track of them..

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Onion Rings

Now ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 35 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

The secret to tasty oven-fried food is well-seasoned coatings and a hot oven. You definitely won't believe you're watching your weight with this recipe!

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, or enough to cover baking sheet
    25 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    1/4 teaspoons (chopped) Garlic, powder
    1/8 teaspoons Colmans English Mustard Powder, (dry mustard ), or other brand
    1/4 teaspoons Salt
    2 large Onion, All Types, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
    120 ml Buttermilk
    125 g Breadcrumbs, Dried, seasoned
    1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, to top onion rings

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 200ºC. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, mustard powder and salt. Add onions and toss to coat.

Pour buttermilk into another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat (use your hands for the best result).

Place bread crumbs in another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat. Transfer onions to prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.

Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.

Chef Tips
    We renovated Onion Rings by:
    Using naturally low in fat buttermilk instead of whole milk or whole eggs.

Baking instead of deep-frying.

Adding seasonings to the flour to boost flavour.

They sound gorgeous lainy, mmm.. they'd be lovely with a nice salad and sweet chilli dipping sauce I think. Oh I'll definitely be making these during the week! Thank you

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey girls, I know I've asked this question before, but find it hard to work out on the table in book.

I generally do about 25 minutes on the exercise bike and about the same on treadmill in gym, I would rate it as moderate intensity, I've been giving myself 2 activity points, but my friend reckons I am earning more, what do you think?
    I never eat my activity points but do like to keep track of them..

I say its about 3 - 4 excercise pp

i do 40 mins on treadmill at 4.5kph and thats 4pp (according to ww.co.uk calculators) intensity varies from person to person...whats moderate to you might be light to someone else and high to someone else again. split the difference and call it 3pp

They sound gorgeous lainy, mmm.. they'd be lovely with a nice salad and sweet chilli dipping sauce I think. Oh I'll definitely be making these during the week! Thank you

hmmm have a serious craving for onion rings right now for some reason....like i dont really eat them that often...but dont know...just in the mood for them! LOL

I'd make them now but i dont have bread crumbs :(

I say its about 3 - 4 excercise pp

i do 40 mins on treadmill at 4.5kph and thats 4pp (according to ww.co.uk calculators) intensity varies from person to person...whats moderate to you might be light to someone else and high to someone else again. split the difference and call it 3pp
    Thanks lainy, I think I will. I was putting it at moderate by looking at the 'perceived exertion' thing in our book, it gives you an idea if your at low,medium or high. Do you ever use your activity points? Oh by the way those poppy muffins looks fabulous, definitely be making them too!

• Advertisement

hmmm have a serious craving for onion rings right now for some reason....like i dont really eat them that often...but dont know...just in the mood for them! LOL

I'd make them now but i dont have bread crumbs :(
    Have you got bread that you could throw in the food processor?! They'd actually be a very handy thing to make if you had friends over for a few drinks too.. mmm I want some now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Hiya, my stats would be similar to your friend and I'm on 29 pp a day.

Many Thanks...

Thanks lainy, I think I will. I was putting it at moderate by looking at the 'perceived exertion' thing in our book, it gives you an idea if your at low,medium or high. Do you ever use your activity points? Oh by the way those poppy muffins looks fabulous, definitely be making them too!

I do use my weeklies...not by choice....my stomach takes over! LOL so i never really need to use exercise points on top of the weeklies...Tomorrow must get back to my accurate tracking! been slipping slightly i think.

So i use my exercise to top the weeklies back up....but i've never used both my weeklies and exercise points...I do like to track them....same as you.

couldn't find poppy seeds anywhere...so tomorrow it'll just be lemon muffins...but they still work out at 4pp.

I'd be shot for turning on the food processor this time of the night. Have a long break on monday in college. so i think i'll stoll to tesco to pick some up.

This is the down side to living middle of no where....i'm off all weekend...but as i live near no shops...cant pick up that 1 ingredient i need...

I do use my weeklies...not by choice....my stomach takes over! LOL so i never really need to use exercise points on top of the weeklies...Tomorrow must get back to my accurate tracking! been slipping slightly i think.

So i use my exercise to top the weeklies back up....but i've never used both my weeklies and exercise points...I do like to track them....same as you.

couldn't find poppy seeds anywhere...so tomorrow it'll just be lemon muffins...but they still work out at 4pp.

I'd be shot for turning on the food processor this time of the night. Have a long break on monday in college. so i think i'll stoll to tesco to pick some up.

This is the down side to living middle of no where....i'm off all weekend...but as i live near no shops...cant pick up that 1 ingredient i need...

I was actually thinking earlier where would you get poppy seeds, I've never seen them in the supermarket,but then again I've never looked for them I suppose. Oh your weigh in is tomorrow isn't it? Good luck! I have to get my ass back on track, been very lazy with regards to cooking lately, I just hate it!

I was actually thinking earlier where would you get poppy seeds, I've never seen them in the supermarket,but then again I've never looked for them I suppose. Oh your weigh in is tomorrow isn't it? Good luck! I have to get my ass back on track, been very lazy with regards to cooking lately, I just hate it!

I'm going to try for them in a health shop. I'm so lazy during the week when it comes to cooking 20 mins is the maximum i wanna spending cooking during the week but at weekends i have house to my self so can experiment. Lemon Muffins tomorrow :)

Have a packet of birds eye veggie burgers i've had for ages in freezer...might try one for lunch with a few poached eggs. :)

I experiment with meal ideas at weekends...and if they work...i usually work them into my weekday meals :)

I'm going to try for them in a health shop. I'm so lazy during the week when it comes to cooking 20 mins is the maximum i wanna spending cooking during the week but at weekends i have house to my self so can experiment. Lemon Muffins tomorrow :)

Have a packet of birds eye veggie burgers i've had for ages in freezer...might try one for lunch with a few poached eggs. :)

I experiment with meal ideas at weekends...and if they work...i usually work them into my weekday meals :)[/QUOTE
    Yeah those burgers are lovely, I like them in a pitta bread with loads of salad and a bit of spicy mayo!

I experiment with meal ideas at weekends...and if they work...i usually work them into my weekday meals :)[/QUOTE
    Yeah those burgers are lovely, I like them in a pitta bread with loads of salad and a bit of spicy mayo!

there about 7pp are they. its the Quarter Pounder Vegetable Burgers I have in freezer

there about 7pp are they. its the Quarter Pounder Vegetable Burgers I have in freezer

I think they are only 5/6 pp,but I could be wrong, I've been using the vegetable fingers lately, they are 2 for 3pp, and are lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey jwacqui WOW congrats thats amazing well done!!!! what was a typical day for you this week have had a bad wk WI is in the morning and I know I'm up just need some inspiration to get me back on track

Thanks hun

Hi!

I just stuck to my 29 every day and didn't go into my weeklies at all. Still had treats and ate out but did it within my 29. Also loads of water. Didn't have any typical day, literally just ate in my points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

WOOOOO hag my WI and lost 2lbs am so delighted coz I'm in a new st i havent been in the 15's since my wedding 3yrs ago!!!!!!I'm shocked coz I'd a really bad wk just couldn't seem to get into it (mams been up and down this wk physically and emotionally) and I know it's from the good work I did last wk but it just makes me wanna work really hard this week so this morning for brekkie I'm going to have a bacon medallion omelette and a jwacqui smoothie (with a danone Vitalinea) oh if anyone can clear this up for me I'd be very grateful a danone Vitalinea is it 2pp or 1pp uk WW says it's 1 but when I put the NI into my calculator I get 2 I'm right amnt it it's 2pp the only 1pp yogurt out there is a WW one?!?!? Confused!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Layla0509 wrote: »
    WOOOOO hag my WI and lost 2lbs am so delighted coz I'm in a new st i havent been in the 15's since my wedding 3yrs ago!!!!!!I'm shocked coz I'd a really bad wk just couldn't seem to get into it (mams been up and down this wk physically and emotionally) and I know it's from the good work I did last wk but it just makes me wanna work really hard this week so this morning for brekkie I'm going to have a bacon medallion omelette and a jwacqui smoothie (with a danone Vitalinea) oh if anyone can clear this up for me I'd be very grateful a danone Vitalinea is it 2pp or 1pp uk WW says it's 1 but when I put the NI into my calculator I get 2 I'm right amnt it it's 2pp the only 1pp yogurt out there is a WW one?!?!? Confused!!!

Congrats, glad you got some good news this week. Sorry, don't know about the yogurt, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Currently pointing easter eggs.. here's number two.. I'll get a list up on the blog soon... Doll x :)

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2011/03/pppotd-minty.html

down 3... as i sabotaged last week by having a midnight binge just before my WI resulting in a being up 5! i was hoping to be down the 5 this week! But I know my self i didnt work as hard at it this week! I kinda slacked on the tracking...and the weeks of my biggest losses I tracked 100%
    Starting now.....going to try for another 100% week!

still delighted to be down tho! :) I know i needed that melt down last week...but just wish I hadn't donee it,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done Layla and Lady Lainy, good results this week.

Just back from an hour long walk. really enjoyed it, such a beautiful day :)
    Really hoping that all the exercise will even out the alcohol and food this week. Have had a few drinks the last couple of nights, nothing major but I was hoping to keep all my weeklies for today. Anyway, it's down now so just going to exercise my ass off and hope to sts next wk :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine :D

lol my lemon muffins....kinda turned out a lil flat..i prob put too much batter into each case...it said fill 3/4s which is what i think i did...but could only make the batter fit 11 cases...and recipe says its for 12....

this is why i leave these things to the weekend :P haha experiment....screw up...learn for next time! :P

at least next time i'll have the poppy seeds :) next time i might use skimmed milk instead of butter milk....

i had one...they taste nice...smell nice....just kinda loook flat....i think when i was takeing them out i might have opened the door a bit too fast cos they kinda have a creater in the middle!

kildareash wrote: »

Really hoping that all the exercise will even out the alcohol and food this week. Have had a few drinks the last couple of nights, nothing major but I was hoping to keep all my weeklies for today. Anyway, it's down now so just going to exercise my ass off and hope to sts next wk :rolleyes:

thanks chic! lol i'm enjoying the rain! but thats okay....just been making lemon muffins, drinking a pint of water and watching biggest looser...and will be watching my 1st episode of true blood later on the treadmill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

kildareash wrote: »

I would like to thank you for making me go for a walk :D I'd decided I didn't have enough time to go for one but then I saw your post and got up off the couch and went!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone... hope ur enjoying the wkend... ok so was out last nite and didn go mad:D... only had a few drinks and stuck to the low pp ones and finger food i remembered what i ate and my weeklies have covered everything so happy out:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I would like to thank you for making me go for a walk :D I'd decided I didn't have enough time to go for one but then I saw your post and got up off the couch and went!!

Wish I had your motivation. Nice day here but I just really can't be bothered. Still sooo tired from Paddys Day shenanigans. Only got 4 hours sleep and still haven't caught up on it. Getting too old for this haha and i'm only 23. Did a bit of walking on Paddys Day though, I would say 4km in total, so i'm taking the day off today ha ha that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it lol

Off to do the food shopping now. Going to make the creamy tarragon chicken again tonight as it was soooo yummy last time. Oh btw, forgot to tell ya's, tried my turkey shepards pie, wasn't great, very bland. First new recipe I havent liked so far, so I suppose thats not too bad going.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Wish I had your motivation. Nice day here but I just really can't be bothered. Still sooo tired from Paddys Day shenanigans. Only got 4 hours sleep and still haven't caught up on it. Getting too old for this haha and i'm only 23. Did a bit of walking on Paddys Day though, I would say 4km in total, so i'm taking the day off today ha ha that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it lol

Off to do the food shopping now. Going to make the creamy tarragon chicken again tonight as it was soooo yummy last time. Oh btw, forgot to tell ya's, tried my turkey shepards pie, wasn't great, very bland. First new recipe I havent liked so far, so I suppose thats not too bad going.

try it with chicken mince! it really is nice! i'm having it tonight for din dins :) I'd never go back to turkey mince after trying the chicken mince....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement