Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Help, this seems too good to be true.

Have a 750ml bottle of rosé west coast cooler which I was going to have tonight. Very hard to find the NI but I found it on the following site:

http://www.cluboptislim.com.au/foods/calories-in-wine-west-coast-cooler-3-5-alc_f-Y2lkPTM1NDMxJmJpZD05NDcmZmlkPTc0MjE0JnBhcj0.html

My calculator is showing at 7PP for the whole bottle?? Is that right? Is it because the alcohol content is so low, gosh if its right, that is going to be my new drink lol please tell me its right ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Thanks.. I like having it all in a list and I try to do it in alphabetical order :confused: we've lost the same amount so far! Well done... isn't it mad how much of a difference it makes! :)

i know - its still fairly slow, but its defo going in the right direction. Delighted its gone and its actually starting to become noticeable which is motivation in its self. Keep up the good work Doll xx

Monife wrote: »
    Help, this seems too good to be true.

Have a 750ml bottle of rosé west coast cooler which I was going to have tonight. Very hard to find the NI but I found it on the following site:

http://www.cluboptislim.com.au/foods/calories-in-wine-west-coast-cooler-3-5-alc_f-Y2lkPTM1NDMxJmJpZD05NDcmZmlkPTc0MjE0JnBhcj0.html

My calculator is showing at 7PP for the whole bottle?? Is that right? Is it because the alcohol content is so low, gosh if its right, that is going to be my new drink lol please tell me its right ha ha

sorry to say, but i think it may be wrong. We've been told that we can't point alcohol because the calculator doesn't have enough options to accurately point it. There was a lot about it a good couple of pages ago with the coors light debate. I hope i'm wrong tho, LOVE westcoast cooler, so would love it if it was that low :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    down 3... as i sabotaged last week by having a midnight binge just before my WI resulting in a being up 5! i was hoping to be down the 5 this week! But I know my self i didnt work as hard at it this week! I kinda slacked on the tracking...and the weeks of my biggest losses I tracked 100%
    Starting now.....going to try for another 100% week!

still delighted to be down tho! :) I know i needed that melt down last week...but just wish I hadn't donee it,.

well done! Least you're back on track! everyone needs a blowout every now and then.. but you're still on the downward spiral! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    well done! Least you're back on track! everyone needs a blowout every now and then.. but you're still on the downward spiral! :D

Oh that I am...and nearly finished this project for college which has been a thorn in my side for the last few weeks....that'll be one last stresser weighing me down so to speak.

On my 4th pint of water for the day :) so at i know i've got my 2litres in for today :D

• Advertisement

Oh that I am...and nearly finished this project for college which has been a thorn in my side for the last few weeks....that'll be one last stresser weighing me down so to speak.

On my 4th pint of water for the day :) so at i know i've got my 2litres in for today :D

That's a good thing.. we've just finished moving house yesterday (for the next 4 months!) and the relief that I can now find everything and track again without having to move a box or worry about packing stuff is great.. today has been more or less perfect.. I couldn't tell you how many points I had the last few days... all I know is there was a chinese involved at one point! :eek: You're doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Has anyone any idea how to point west coast cooler?? Can't make it 2meetings anymore:( Was down a lb this week, was so shocked had to step back on a few times! Back at goal now so happy days:) Well done on all the losses this week!

Has anyone any idea how to point west coast cooler?? Can't make it 2meetings anymore:( Was down a lb this week, was so shocked had to step back on a few times! Back at goal now so happy days:) Well done on all the losses this week!

someone pointed it a few weeks back i think, just search the thread for key words West Coast Cooler. it should come up

I think its 5 for the small bottles - i think its the same as a glass of wine. What it lacks in alcohol, it makes up for in sugar. Again, I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I finally bought some chicken mince today :D Has anyone any idea of a nice receipe I could use it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Dee01 wrote: »
    I think its 5 for the small bottles - i think its the same as a glass of wine. What it lacks in alcohol, it makes up for in sugar. Again, I could be wrong.

Just searched the thread, your right 5 for 250ml bottle & 14 for the 750ml... So not worth the points:(

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I finally bought some chicken mince today :D Has anyone any idea of a nice receipe I could use it in?

Lainey has a good few up, you should have a look at hers...... i think a nice chilli would be fab with it. I'm going to try it next week so will let u know,

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Well done to the ones that lost today. Everyone today seems to be in a cooking mood. I had friends (& their kids) over today & made everyone a very healthy lunch - leek & courgette soup (1pp), home brown bread + Lowlow spread (3pp), homemade naan pizzas (6pp), salad (0pp), low cal coleslaw (1pp), followed by M&S merigue nest (1pp) with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & black grapes (0pp). Not that any of my friends need to watch what they eat (lucky them!) but everyone enjoyed it all. Don't think anyone even noticed it was such a low fat meal!

Then I made a lovely prawn stir fry with noodles for my tea, but now I'm settled in front of the fire contemplating doing some ironing, but I'm really hungry tonight. After being so good all day, I think I'm going to undo it now. Will have to use some of my weeklies for some toast - good comfort food. My scales at home (very unpredicable) are showing a good loss this week, but I'll wait until Tues morn to get the true reading. I'd love over a pound this week as I am losing it so slowly.

Kildareash - I'm sure at this moment you are at the O2 waiting for the Commitments to start. Hope you have a great night. Wish I was going again.

Shoe Lover wrote: »

I use it in spag bol and in the cottage pie. just swop it for what ever you might normally use beef mince in :) dash of oregano and and coriander goes great with chicken :)

Just finished my chicken cottage pie that i had for dinner ;)

ProPoints® Value: 10
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

This is a healthy, filling and fibre-rich meal. It's easy to cook and delicious to eat. Perfect as a mid-week meal.

Ingredients
    400 g Chicken, Mince, Raw
    1 medium Onion, All Types, finely chopped
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    400 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned, chopped
    700 g Passata
    1 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Oregano, dried
    320 g Pasta, White, Dried, spaghetti
    4 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, torn

Instructions
    Combine chicken mince, onion and garlic in a medium bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each ball).

Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add meatballs and cook until brown on each side, turning frequently for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has slightly reduced. While meatballs are cooking, boil pasta in a large saucepan of salted water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.

Remove meatball mixture from heat and stir in basil leaves. Spoon over hot spaghetti and serve immediately.

Notes
    Any leftover meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and are best reheated in a microwave. The meatballs are also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months.

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 12
    Preparation Time: 0 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Here’s an Asian twist on a member favourite. Great hot or at room temperature, with just a drizzle of sauce.

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 1/4 tablespoons Oil, Peanut
    3 clove(s) Garlic, minced
    1 tablespoons (grated) Ginger, Root, fresh, minced
    225 g Mushrooms, finely diced
    2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, low-sodium
    2 tablespoons Sherry, Medium
    1 medium Spring Onions, chopped
    25 g Coriander, Fresh, finely chopped
    900 g Chicken, Mince, Raw,

Dipping Sauce
    80 g Jam, apricot
    2 tablespoons Water
    1 1/2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.

In a large frying pan, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add ginger; cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add mushrooms; stir to combine and scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add soy sauce and sherry to deglaze pan; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes more. Add spring onions; cook, stirring, until wilted. Stir in corainder; turn off heat.

Place chicken in a mixing bowl; add mushroom mixture and combine thoroughly. Fill each muffin hole with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture shaped into a ball with your hands (or you can use an ice cream scoop to shape balls).

Bake until juices bubble up clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, to prepare dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine jam, water, lime juice and fish sauce.

Serve chicken balls with dipping sauce on the side.

ProPoints® Value: 9
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 16 min

Salty feta cheese adds a kick to these low fat chicken burgers – nobody will ever miss the beef.

Ingredients
    450 g Chicken, Mince, Raw
    20 g Thyme, Fresh, approx 1 tbsp, stalk removed
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    100 g Cheese, Feta, reduced-fat, crumbled
    4 medium Bread, Pitta, White
    4 leaf/leaves (small) Lettuce, romaine
    4 medium Pepper, All Types, 4 roasted red peppers in a jar, no oil, drained and sliced
    1 individual Olives, in Brine, use 5 black, sliced

Instructions
    Preheat the grill to medium.

Mix together chicken mince, thyme, garlic and feta together in a bowl. Divide mixture into four balls and then press them gently into patties.

Grill the burgers for 5-7 mins on each side until golden and cooked through in the middle.

Warm the pittas under the grill and serve each with a burger, some lettuce, peppers and 1 teaspoon of olives.

Notes
    You can use any herb to flavour these burgers; try fresh oregano, parsley or sage. Dried herbs can be used instead but remember the flavour is stronger, so use only 1-2 tsp.

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min

Far healthier and tastier than bought versions, yet so easy to make!

Ingredients
    110 g Couscous, Dried
    200 ml Water, very hot
    450 g Chicken, Mince, Raw
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, chicken or vegetable
    1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
    1 pinch Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 teaspoons (level) Honey, clear
    2 teaspoons (heaped) Mustard, Wholegrain
    2 tablespoons Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat
    6 medium Bread, Burger Bun
    4 leaf/leaves (small) Lettuce, to serve
    1 large Tomato, sliced to serve

Instructions
    Put the couscous into a large bowl and add the hot water. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then fluff up with a fork.

Put the chicken into a food processor or blender with the stock powder, parsley, and dried herbs. Season with salt and pepper, then process for a few seconds. Add to the couscous in the bowl and mix well.

Preheat a medium-hot grill.

Shape the chicken mixture into six burgers. Arrange on the grill rack and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile, mix together the honey, mustard and yogurt. Serve the burgers in the buns with lettuce and tomato, with the honey & mustard sauce on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done lainy,we had no wi this week because of paddy's so i find my self slacking off!! will have to catch up before next thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I just tracked this week....I've already used all my points and I've 3 days left :D

I used 89 points on thursday :eek: 56 of which were on beer...So I think its safe to say I'll be up on Monday...but I don't care, I've had a great week, so onwards and downwards from next week :)

Lainy thanks for those recipes, the chicken meatballs look fab!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Back on track today, after a disasterous few days, just had to get back into it, I actually felt like crap for eating so much crap, I think that the fact I hadnt gone on such a binge for such a long time that my body wasn't use to it, just hope that I can stay motivated.

Had Lidl's "Yellow Fin Sole Fillet with a dusting of Lemon and Blackpepper " for dinner this evening, really enjoyed it for 5 pp with 200g potatoes and loads of 0 pointed roasted veg. Very satisfying dinner for 9pp.

Hoping to get out for a walk tomorrow, weather was so bad this afternoon, had planned to go out after grocery shopping but by the time I got home, it was lashing. Concentrated on getting food right today, will concentrate on the exercise tomorrow. :D

I posted a great recipe for tuna a couple of days back, it was yum on my reduced isle tuna. However, i was walking in howth the other day and decided to buy some really fresh stuff. It was 14e - scary and expensive, but now that its not on the cheap reduced isle in tesco, i am so afraid to cook it. Anyone got any fab recipes for me? I think nicely seasoned and seared is the best, but if theres something better you gotta tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I'm going to try for them in a health shop. I'm so lazy during the week when it comes to cooking 20 mins is the maximum i wanna spending cooking during the week but at weekends i have house to my self so can experiment. Lemon Muffins tomorrow :)

:)

They have poppy seeds in the cooking section in Aldi.:)

Have been so so bad since Wednesday night. Drinking, meeting friends for lunch, dinner, more drinks etc.. And tomorrow is another day!! Hope it stops raining tomorrw because I am feeling really guilty and need to WALK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Layla0509 wrote: »
    WOOOOO hag my WI and lost 2lbs am so delighted coz I'm in a new st i havent been in the 15's since my wedding 3yrs ago!!!!!!I'm shocked coz I'd a really bad wk just couldn't seem to get into it (mams been up and down this wk physically and emotionally) and I know it's from the good work I did last wk but it just makes me wanna work really hard this week so this morning for brekkie I'm going to have a bacon medallion omelette and a jwacqui smoothie (with a danone Vitalinea) oh if anyone can clear this up for me I'd be very grateful a danone Vitalinea is it 2pp or 1pp uk WW says it's 1 but when I put the NI into my calculator I get 2 I'm right amnt it it's 2pp the only 1pp yogurt out there is a WW one?!?!? Confused!!!

Happy to inform u that danone vitalinea are only 1pp!!! and they have calicum in them unlike the WW ones!!!! Our leader is always at us about our calicum intake and our bones!!!! I also made a lovely smoothie this morn with the vitalinea and frozen berries from aldi, very nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Could anyone give me an idea how many pp would be in a slice of carrot cake? Even a rough guess! I've put it in at 12, but thinking maybe that's too low? Was so bold, but I just couldn't resist to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

So proud of myself 2night.....2 nights in work with no picking!!! Did splash out on 2 slices of brown toast with spread and jam but only had 2 use 2 weeklies 4 it so its not to bad. This is the first week ive actually started using my weeklies properly after reading about all of ye who regurlarly use them and still go down. I had a weird mind set at the start that wouldnt let me use them for fear of not losing enough but my weight loss has been so slow that this week i said id try using them. Only had 7 weeklies so far with my WI on tues so i doubt il used them all this week unless i feel like being a bit naughty tomorrow night after work which just very well may happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Danii86 wrote: »
    So proud of myself 2night.....2 nights in work with no picking!!! Did splash out on 2 slices of brown toast with spread and jam but only had 2 use 2 weeklies 4 it so its not to bad. This is the first week ive actually started using my weeklies properly after reading about all of ye who regurlarly use them and still go down. I had a weird mind set at the start that wouldnt let me use them for fear of not losing enough but my weight loss has been so slow that this week i said id try using them. Only had 7 weeklies so far with my WI on tues so i doubt il used them all this week unless i feel like being a bit naughty tomorrow night after work which just very well may happen!!!

Gosh, I don't know how you manage not to use them. I use them every week, not all of them but even on a quiet weekend I use about half of them for a few drinks (and some crisps) with the OH on a friday and saturday. Demolished all the 49 plus waaaay more the last few days. Properly back on track tomorrow. Hoping 3 days of being good and exercise will save me from a gain on Weds. Although (even though they are usually wrong) my scales are showing a gain of like 5lbs ahhhhh really hoping they are wrong!!!

m'lady wrote: »
    Could anyone give me an idea how many pp would be in a slice of carrot cake? Even a rough guess! I've put it in at 12, but thinking maybe that's too low? Was so bold, but I just couldn't resist to be honest!

carrot cake is my weakness too! i'd turn down all the chocolate in the world for carrot cake!

was it a coffee shop portion? M&S cafe Carrot cake is 23pp per portion

It says 100g portion of Starbucks carrot Cake is 12pp....

When it doubt split the difference, i say call it 15/16pp to be on safe side....

i just go weak for carrot cake...its one of my sins....thats what the treat points are for.

there are some great ww carrot cake recipes but i know i'd eat the whole thing! i'd make a huge pot of coffee and just curl up drinking coffee...eating cake and watching movies...so i dont make it :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Could I ask what sounds like a really stupid question. What time of the day do people stop drinking their water? I am not joking I was up 3 times last night to go to the bathroom. I went to bed at 11pm but had my last glass of water around 10pm. Really playing havoc with my sleep! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Drinkies...

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement