Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks for all the Chicken mince recipes, Lainy! I'll give them a try :D

Going for dinner in the mother in laws today! I know it's beef already, but thank god, she thinks I'm practically a vegetarian so will only give me one tiny slice of beef. I'm more worried about her roast potatoes - which she does in lard :eek: Everyone else loves them - I'm not a fan, so won't find it hard to limit my intake of them. I've also made a Coffee Tiramisu Cake for desset so that I know how many pp are in it! Just going to go do the icing now. If it turns out nice, I'll put up the recipe :)

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Feel disgusted with myself this morning used 28 of my weeklies last night (start of my wk)
    Had friends over to iron out a few things before our trip to Vegas ended up getting a Chinese I had my usual Singapore Noodles (which someone had told me are only 14pp) but the got chicken balls n everything and I just couldn't resist ended up eating 4 of the lil feckers have no clue how to point them so I said 16pp for the 4 then we ended up watching a movie and I ate a lo-pop micro popcorn 9pp and 2 Spar Choc Chip Cookies 5pp
    I had planned on trying not to use my weeklies this wk and blew it on the first day  ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

SkinnyDoll wrote: »

Girl you are a legend! I feel bad that you've put a lot of work into compiling it but we benefit. Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

kildareash wrote: »
    Girl you are a legend! I feel bad that you've put a lot of work into compiling it but we benefit. Thanks a mill :)
    LOL .. i've been added them as I find them on various blogs/meetings/ww mags... I like to have it all in one spot! If you have any to add I'd be happy to share .. :p

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    try it with chicken mince! it really is nice! i'm having it tonight for din dins :) I'd never go back to turkey mince after trying the chicken mince....

Do you buy your chicken mince in the butchers or mince it yourself? I've never seen it.. I've done your meatball recipe with turkey mince and that's pretty good but I LOVE chicken! Must go annoy my Supervalu manager again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

kildareash wrote: »

Yeah thanks a mil for that skinnydoll!!

Feeling much better today. Even though in the last few days I have had about 30PP over my dailies and weeklies, I feel positive today. I have come to terms that I will probably be up this week (for the first time since November) but I am just going to be so good from now on. Going to have myself a nice healthy fry and then go out and start week 3 of the couch to 5k. Ahhh 3 minutes jogs are included in that but made a cool podcast which will hopefully keep me motivated.

I was nearly going to write this week and next week off (because I have work night out on Friday where there will be wine and canapes, but I am just going to try and limit myself to 1 bottle of wine and then going to kick butt on the other days with exercise and good eating).

Onwards and (eventually) downwards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Feel disgusted with myself this morning used 28 of my weeklies last night (start of my wk)
    Had friends over to iron out a few things before our trip to Vegas ended up getting a Chinese I had my usual Singapore Noodles (which someone had told me are only 14pp) but the got chicken balls n everything and I just couldn't resist ended up eating 4 of the lil feckers have no clue how to point them so I said 16pp for the 4 then we ended up watching a movie and I ate a lo-pop micro popcorn 9pp and 2 Spar Choc Chip Cookies 5pp
    I had planned on trying not to use my weeklies this wk and blew it on the first day  ugh

I really don't know how people don't use their weekly's - i use them without fail every week. I'm averaging out at about 2lbs a week loss, so i don't think its doing me any harm. I enjoy them and take them as given to be honest. I really wouldn't stick to the plan if they weren't there.

Dee01 wrote: »
    I really don't know how people don't use their weekly's - i use them without fail every week. I'm averaging out at about 2lbs a week loss, so i don't think its doing me any harm. I enjoy them and take them as given to be honest. I really wouldn't stick to the plan if they weren't there.
    Me too... I max them out every week... and still losing.. although I do tend to use them on drinks (the cocktail kind!) and bold stuff on the weekends but as long as I keep losing I'm happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Me too... I max them out every week... and still losing.. although I do tend to use them on drinks (the cocktail kind!) and bold stuff on the weekends but as long as I keep losing I'm happy out!

yeah - pretty much all my weekly's go on drinks (and a few of my daily's at the weekend too :eek:)

yeah - pretty much all my weekly's go on drinks (and a few of my daily's at the weekend too :eek:)
    Perhaps there's another type of meeting we should be going too! :rolleyes::D:D:D

• Advertisement

Girls, you sound exactly like me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Ha! Sometimes I think I should be going to that meeting too!!! :P

Well second week on old points, or vintage points as they're calling them in some forums!

I lost 2.4 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm delighted!
    Now only 5.6 to get back down to my gold weight of 10st! Then hoping to lose another half stone for summer! But may just be happy at 10! I'll have to see! you're all doing brilliantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

lil kc wrote: »
    Could I ask what sounds like a really stupid question. What time of the day do people stop drinking their water? I am not joking I was up 3 times last night to go to the bathroom. I went to bed at 11pm but had my last glass of water around 10pm. Really playing havoc with my sleep! :rolleyes:

I tend to stop drinking water around 7ish, would have a cuppa around 9 but that would be it with liquids, otherwise would be running to the loo during the night and can't handle that!!

I find the weeks I use my weeklies are the weeks I'm down more, had about 3 weeks worth of weeklies over 2/3 nights this week so definitely not expecting a minus on the scales.

Such a good feeling today, tried on Jeans which would hardly tie on me before Christmas, had forgotten about them really but there TOO Big , especially around the bum and hips area - shopping spree here I come!!

Out for dinner this evening, no idea whats on the menu, they don;t have a website which is so frustrating as I can't even plan my meal, have had such a bad few days, apart from yesterday, I really wanted to have a good couple of days before my wi, so hoping not to do too much damage tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Fantastic blog Skinny Doll, i'm loving it.

Thanks so much for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Do you buy your chicken mince in the butchers or mince it yourself? I've never seen it.. I've done your meatball recipe with turkey mince and that's pretty good but I LOVE chicken! Must go annoy my Supervalu manager again! :D

I get it from a poultry butcher in the Old English Market in cork, he minces up chicken breasts fresh in front of me so its pure meat. I've really gotten picky about what i'm eating....as healthy food tends to be kinda bland...i try to get the most flavoursome good quality ingredients...

went to tesco this morning stocking up on chicken stock pots, herbs/spices/pastes/marinades lol the woman on check out was dying to know what i was cooking :P

I cant take any credit for the flavours i've posted. there are all from ww site. Wish i was that creative...but i think i've gettin better and creative :) Got my self a meat mallet this morning for pulverising the chicken breasts to do in the George foreman :p

________

could not find poppy seeds anywhere! Checked aldi, lidl, dunnes, supervalu, tesco, holland & barret! :O :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

well folks im back!!

Welldone to everyone on their losses!! fair play to ya's.

I have bn soooo stressed the past 17days due to my mam being in hosp for that length plus in and out of hosp for my own health. So the WW went out the window..

I feel so depressed now as I was doing well. I will have to re-join again as I missed 2 meetings arghhhh
    My brother said hed pay for the online WW for me,hasanyone done this?? What does it entail exactly??

Also I lovecooking as most of you know! but I can never seem to get my veg soup right...
    I put potaotes, carrots,broccoli, onion, garlic etc... boil it up, with veg stock cube and blend it... but it turns out soooo bland. I do be raging, anyone know where Im going wrong??

Thanks a mil. I really wanna getback on track now my mam is home. please help me im desperate!! lol

I love my basic veg soup, I fry up (in frylite) onion & garlic, add mushroom, peppers, soup mix from Dunnes (chopped carrott, leaks, cabbage etc) or whatever veg I have, tin of tomatoes, herbs, seasoning and stock (made from two veg or chicken knorr cubes), let it come to boil then simmer for 30 mins, then add chopped courgette and simmer for 20 mins, liquidise and there you have it big pot of soup. When it cools I stick the whole pot in the fridge and use it a mug at a time over the week. It's never the same, because it depends on what quantities of what I put in but it's never bland.

i think giving up bread (at home) is the best thing i've ever done. and its something i had to do my self...if someone told me to give it up i would hav told them to feck off....but today i'm wearing a belt i havent worn in 2 years! my stomach is WAY flatter! :)

was starving when in tesco so was munched a back of prawn cocktail snack a jacks while walking around! (i did pay for them) 3pp for the bag! BRILLIANT! and they are quite strong...cant scoff the bag in 3 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    Lucky you. Glen Hansard wasn't there last night & I think he would have been worth seeing, but he doing all the other shows, so I'd say that it will be even better on Saturday night. The girls were amazing too.

Sorry, totally off the point but Glen Hansard played at the White House Paddy's night, so your loss was the Obama's gain.....hope they appreciated him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

i think giving up bread (at home) is the best thing i've ever done. and its something i had to do my self...if someone told me to give it up i would hav told them to feck off....but today i'm wearing a belt i havent worn in 2 years! my stomach is WAY flatter! :)

was starving when in tesco so was munched a back of prawn cocktail snack a jacks while walking around! (i did pay for them) 3pp for the bag! BRILLIANT! and they are quite strong...cant scoff the bag in 3 seconds!

Completely agree!
    I never ate that much bread, but I do eat wraps (that I turn into pizza :P)
    They are prob as bad but since I stopped eating bread rolls etc... a good 2 years ago there has been a definite difference! When I do eat it, the top part of my stomach seems to be the bit that swells!!!!! It's so uncomfortable like!!!

They are one of my fave crisps!! They are my nibbles to go with my few vodka's, love them! Used to eat the normal size packet of walkers prawn cocktail all the time and they are a great substitute.

Just back from week 3, day 1 of couch to 5k. Feel great now!!

• Advertisement

Just an article I came across about spices etc.. they make all the difference when cooking but this kinda explains when (as in what part of the cooking process..) to add them etc..

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Does-Cooking-Affect-Spice-Flavor?&id=6074300

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kashmir wrote: »
    Sorry, totally off the point but Glen Hansard played at the White House Paddy's night, so your loss was the Obama's gain.....hope they appreciated him!

Thanks for that, I'm glad there was a good reason! Kildareash, hope you enjoyed the show - did Glen Hansard feature in it much (Outspan in the film)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

fofany wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'm glad there was a good reason! Kildareash, hope you enjoyed the show - did Glen Hansard feature in it much (Outspan in the film)?

It was amazing! He sang a couple of songs but didn't feature too much. Bronagh Gallagher was amazing tho! Wrecked today and craving junk food. Have resisted so far.
    Ended up walking from o Connell St to the point and back last night so reckon I walked off the chicken burger and chips and a few White wines :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I just had a MASSIVE roast chicken dinner, I just could not stop eating. Had a small bit of chicken breast and loaaaadddsss of veg, maybe a bit too much. Was so worth it though. I did 20 mins on the step machine and had 14 dailies left so I think i'm covered. Well I hope so anyway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 niam

could someone plz tell me how many pro points are in a

small wipped icecream cone...?
    a hotdog from a take away?
    breakfast, in a resturant?
    mashed spuds from resturants?
    ceser salad also from a resturant?

things i have had in the past and havent found the pro points for, for future references?

thanks
    progress.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

could not find poppy seeds anywhere! Checked aldi, lidl, dunnes, supervalu, tesco, holland & barret! :O :(:(

Oh no, they have in Mayfield Aldi, and also in the health shop in Wilton.
    Well done everyone for being able to be so good the last few days. I broke my take away lenten. Just had some pizza and chips, cheese and garlic. Oh the guilt.... Tomorrow is a new day, new start. Made carrot and coriander soup this morn for my lunch during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I've just made chicken mince meatballs, BNS soup & salad for lunch tomorrow and the toblerone cookies. Spent all day in ikea too...knackered! But well worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

OP - im moving this to the WW thread in nutrition forum

misslt wrote: »
    I've just made chicken mince meatballs, BNS soup & salad for lunch tomorrow and the toblerone cookies. Spent all day in ikea too...knackered! But well worth it!!

wow busy day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Hi guys, haven't replied in a while but everyone is doing really well!! I started doing propoints at home by myself and have lost about 5 points so far. It's great getting suggestions off here and skinny dolls blog is amazing!! I was wondering what people do when they get half propoints, I'm making a big dish and when I divide the propoints by 6 I get 7.5 per portion...should I be good and just round it up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement