Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    I've just made chicken mince meatballs, BNS soup & salad for lunch tomorrow and the toblerone cookies. Spent all day in ikea too...knackered! But well worth it!!

wow busy day. very nice! let us know how the meatballs turn out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

[IMG]http://D:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0634.JPG[/IMG]Ingredients

180g whole wheat flour
    50g ground flaxseed/ linseed (i use the bags from aldi!)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 very ripe, medium bananas, mashed
    40 g light brown sugar
    3/4 tbsp lemon juice plus enough skim milk to make 250ml (or use 250ml buttermilk)
    4 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional- i dont put in and so the points don't include them!)

Directions

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with baking paper (this is easier!).
    Measure 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best) into a measuring cup and pour in skim milk for a total of one cup. Do not stir. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can simply use 1 cup of buttermilk if you have this ingredient on hand.

In a large bowl, blend flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.

Beat egg whites and sugar. Add bananas and vanilla and beat lightly.

Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine until well mixed. Add walnuts and stir until combined.

Pour mixture into 2 lb loaf pan and bake 40 to 50 minutes.

This (without the walnuts) comes in at 32 pp, i cut into 16 slices = 2 pp each and well worth it.

:)
    [IMG]D:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0634.JPG[/IMG]

Want to put a pic up of my banana bread!? How do I do this?

Thanks!

the icon of the paper clip next to the smily face is the photo uploader....oh wow that bread sounds great! thank you! i love banana bread!

what size tin did you use? this your own creation?

My banana bread....SAM_0634.JPG

• Advertisement

wow its huge! so 8 horizontal slices then halved to give the 16?

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    the icon of the paper clip next to the smily face is the photo uploader....oh wow that bread sounds great! thank you! i love banana bread!

what size tin did you use? this your own creation?

Thanks Lainy!
    Got it..

It's not! got it from a low gi website of recipes. i made it last week but it was very flat (albeit yum!)... i realised this week that i hadnt beaten the banana into the egg whites with the whisk and this week it is really high and even nicer looking. waiting for it to cool before i cut into it.

it is such a worthwhile treat for 2 pp!

wow its huge! so 8 horizontal slices then halved to give the 16?

I know!!!!!!!!!! I cut it in to quarters first and then the quarters into 4! but whatever works once it is cut into 16 or for a more substantial treat into 8 @ 4pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

wow busy day. very nice! let us know how the meatballs turn out :D

Yep very busy day!! But very productive so I feel great!!

Thinking of the activity points I racked up walking around Ikea :p its about 140000 square miles :p

Meatballs were fabulous, very pleased - put a red onion through them, that added a bit of flavour. Used fresh spaghetti so added up the points for that.

Having a well deserved glass of wine now in my new Ikea-bought wine glasses :D

Thanks Lainy!
    Got it..

It's not! got it from a low gi website of recipes. i made it last week but it was very flat (albeit yum!)... i realised this week that i hadnt beaten the banana into the egg whites with the whisk and this week it is really high and even nicer looking. waiting for it to cool before i cut into it.

it is such a worthwhile treat for 2 pp!

i think i'd lose all self control...it might be 2pp a slice...but i'd end up eating 2 or 3 slices (if not more)...prob load it with ww strawberry jam...too tempting

loooks great....carrot cake and banana bread are my things!

• Advertisement

i think i'd lose all self control...it might be 2pp a slice...but i'd end up eating 2 or 3 slices (if not more)...prob load it with ww strawberry jam...too tempting

loooks great....carrot cake and banana bread are my things!

Be brave! mine lasted the week.. i had it with 100g of custard (2pp) one evening, and toasted with 2pp of choc spread another...yummmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

That banana bread looks UNREAL!!!!

Will defo be making that this week!

Be brave! mine lasted the week.. i had it with 100g of custard (2pp) one evening, and toasted with 2pp of choc spread another...yummmmmmmm

my deflated lemon muffins barely lasted the weekend! I was on the computer working most of the weekend so kinda just had them there to munch on :p kinda instead of lunch....had 3 muffins and cup of coffee kinda thing LOL (did stay within points tho)

That banana bread looks UNREAL!!!!

Will defo be making that this week!

It is.. i promise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Allo allo,

So I have joined Weight Watchers...again! :p Started on Tuesday the 1st and was down 5.5lbs after my first week and 3lbs after my second. Really enjoying the Pro-Points system. It seems so much more reasonable. I haven't once felt hungry or like I had to deprive myself of the things I like.

I'm not very hopeful about Tuesdays weigh-in though as this week has been all over the place. I was drinking on Wednesday night and spent the following day picking at stuff. Then I went out last night and had a lot of booze which meant more picking today! We even went to KFC when we brought my niece out. Drinking always destroys me when it comes to losing weight. BUT, I am not falling into my old ways of thinking "there's no point now." I'm going to my class, I'm going to be told I have gone up and then I'm going to get myself back on track the following week. I've done this too many times and have too much weight to loose to start dicking around again. I'm too young to be this unhealthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Do you buy your chicken mince in the butchers or mince it yourself? I've never seen it.. I've done your meatball recipe with turkey mince and that's pretty good but I LOVE chicken! Must go annoy my Supervalu manager again! :D

I just went into my local butcher and asked him to mince up some chicken breasts for me! He did 4 and it worked out at around 1.5lb of mince. Haven't told the OH yet, going to make something and see if he notices :P

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 25 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 teaspoons Coffee, Ground
    3 medium Egg, Whole
    75 g Sugar, Light Brown
    75 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
    250 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat
    100 g Rachel's Organic Range Luscious Low Fat Bio-Life Yogurt with Vanilla

15 ml Liqueurs, High Strength, (3 tsp) Tia Maria
    1 teaspoons (heaped) Cocoa Powder, for sprinkling Instructions

• Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Lightly grease 2 x 18cm sandwich tins with low fat cooking spray. Line the bases with circles of non-stick baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
    • Put the coffee powder or granules into a cup and add 1 tbsp boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
    • Whisk the eggs and sugar together using a hand-held electric whisk until pale, thick and very airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Whisk in the coffee liquid. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it in lightly using a large metal spoon. Share the mixture between the cake tins and level the tops. Bake the cakes for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed lightly. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from the tins and peel away the lining paper. Cool completely.
    • Beat the low fat soft cheese with a wooden spoon until softened, then stir in the vanilla yogurt and 1 tbsp Tia Maria or Marsala. Put one of the cakes on a serving plate and sprinkle the rest of the Tia Maria or Marsala evenly over the surface. Spread half the soft cheese mixture on top, then place the second cake in position. Cover with the remaining soft cheese mixture and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve, though allow time for the cake to come up to room temperature to enjoy it at its best.
    Notes: If you want a stronger coffee/tiramisu taste, you'll need to put in more coffee for the cake mix and more Tiramisu in the topping - but adjust the points accordingly. I stuck to the recipe but felt that if I was making it again, I'd put more in as the Philadelphia and Vanilla yogurt kinda take over the flavours.

Also, I used Self-Raising Flour instead of plain as I thought plain would give a really thin cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all, so I had a fairly bold weekend! Out for dinner & drinks Friday & out for lunch drinks & dinner on Saturday!

We had friends over staying for the weekend so it was pretty unavoidable I was in the total horrors on Friday after WI, but I couldn't not go out so I but I budgeted for the fact we were going out so just had free soup & ryvitta for lunch & a couple of ricecakes before I went out so I had 21 dailies left. I mostly drank water rather than alcohol so only went two over!

Saturday was another story what with the rugby & a gig had all my dailies & half my weeklies but I did enjoy every morsel & drink so it was worth it!

Totally knackered yesterday so I went back to bed for a few hrs & then got up to go for my 4.5k walk, ate really well yesterday so planning on not using the rest of my weeklies & hopefully get in my walks every night as well, not going to put pressure on myself for WI Friday I'll see how it goes! :)

As a side issue because hardly anyone I know is doing WW I don't tend to talk about it outside this board or with my mum. One of the girls who was out with us on Saturday did nothing but talk about her aversion & her feeling on the evils of carbs, salt, fat & caffine yet we go to yammamori for dinner & she drowns her rice laden (hello carbs!) dish with soy sauce (hello salt!) & has miso soup which can be quite salty too - I can honestly say the most boring conversation ever!! :D I felt like pipping up saying a balanced diet is more important than cutting out a food source completely then going on a binge once a week but I stayed quiet eating my sushi sipping my water & eating my Japenese pickles! She wonders why her weight yo yos so much um me thinks the cutting out of carbs & fats is alot to do with that! What the hell is her body burning for fuel??!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

God I picked the worst possible week to start back. Was out drinking so much between Paddy's day and the weekend. Tried to be pretty good food wise. I knew I was going to be drinking on Saturday so for lunch/dinner I had pasta and chicken with WW arabiatta sauce, thinking that would keep me full for the day. But in my friend's house a few of them were getting Chinese later that night, and I ended up getting one too :o I was so hungover yesterday that I could barely eat. WI tomorrow evening, I am going to be as good as gold until then but I'm a bit worried.
    Completely agree!
    I never ate that much bread, but I do eat wraps (that I turn into pizza :P)
    They are prob as bad but since I stopped eating bread rolls etc... a good 2 years ago there has been a definite difference! When I do eat it, the top part of my stomach seems to be the bit that swells!!!!! It's so uncomfortable like!!!

Oooh what way do you make pizza wraps?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Oh God... Im dreading tuesdays weigh in:o... I had the thoughest wkend end in months... I have been eating out since wednesday nite... Had parties and friends over ect.. was just crazy week im actualy so happy its over and i can get back on track today... i was pretty good i tried my best to point everything then yesterday i just messed up so much went out for dinner and ordered three courses was just ridiclous:eek:... then went to shop for few bits and resisted buying sweets and chocolate so that was good but then ordered chips and 1/4 and half a kebab :eek: just made a savage of myself and felt terrible after it:(... But look if i keep dweling on it i will just get myself down... im going to my meeting tuesday and suffer the conciquences of my actions and get back on track:)...

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Has anyone bought the Seriously Satisfying Cookbook? I'm thinking about getting it at my meeting on Thursday but don't want to buy it if it's rubbish. I have the Pure Points one at home and have converted some of the recipes to Propoints but some of them seem to be quite high in PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

izzy24 wrote: »
    Oh God... Im dreading tuesdays weigh in:o... I had the thoughest wkend end in months... I have been eating out since wednesday nite... Had parties and friends over ect.. was just crazy week im actualy so happy its over and i can get back on track today... i was pretty good i tried my best to point everything then yesterday i just messed up so much went out for dinner and ordered three courses was just ridiclous:eek:... then went to shop for few bits and resisted buying sweets and chocolate so that was good but then ordered chips and 1/4 and half a kebab :eek: just made a savage of myself and felt terrible after it:(... But look if i keep dweling on it i will just get myself down... im going to my meeting tuesday and suffer the conciquences of my actions and get back on track:)...

Sounds like my weekend. :( We had friends staying since Thurs, ate, ate, drank, drank. I'm 32 points over what I should have eaten at this stage, but like you, I am back on track today, was going to take a break from WI on Wednesday, but don't think I will now. I do have 5 lb to play with so hopefully I haven't done that much damage (if I stick back with it now) afraid if I say I'm not going to meeting I'll just continue my bold behaviour ;)

Oooh what way do you make pizza wraps?[/QUOTE]

Heya :)

I make wrap/ pizzas.. call them wr-izzas!

Usually spread them with homemade tomato sauce or a bought jar of pizza sauce.. right to the edge. Put blobs of garlic and herb philadelphia around the wr-izza, with a few drizzles of basil pesto, some cooked red onion and peppers or whatever veg you like, but I always cook first cause this only takes about 8 mins in the oven. I tend to have mine with parma ham or prawns.. but leftover chicken is great too.

Cook in a good hot ove, 200 prob for around 8/ 10 mins, serve with huge salad and some balsamic dressing!

God I picked the worst possible week to start back. Was out drinking so much between Paddy's day and the weekend. Tried to be pretty good food wise. I knew I was going to be drinking on Saturday so for lunch/dinner I had pasta and chicken with WW arabiatta sauce, thinking that would keep me full for the day. But in my friend's house a few of them were getting Chinese later that night, and I ended up getting one too :o I was so hungover yesterday that I could barely eat. WI tomorrow evening, I am going to be as good as gold until then but I'm a bit worried.

Oooh what way do you make pizza wraps?

I replied above!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Heya :)

I make wrap/ pizzas.. call them wr-izzas!

Usually spread them with homemade tomato sauce or a bought jar of pizza sauce.. right to the edge. Put blobs of garlic and herb philadelphia around the wr-izza, with a few drizzles of basil pesto, some cooked red onion and peppers or whatever veg you like, but I always cook first cause this only takes about 8 mins in the oven. I tend to have mine with parma ham or prawns.. but leftover chicken is great too.

Cook in a good hot ove, 200 prob for around 8/ 10 mins, serve with huge salad and some balsamic dressing!

Thanks! Yum, I'll definitely be trying these. I usually make mini pizzas with pitta breads but this will be a new way to try them. Pizzas are my favourite food, but obviously one of the worst I can have, so I'm happy there are ways to compromise!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Hi guys, haven't replied in a while but everyone is doing really well!! I started doing propoints at home by myself and have lost about 5 points so far. It's great getting suggestions off here and skinny dolls blog is amazing!! I was wondering what people do when they get half propoints, I'm making a big dish and when I divide the propoints by 6 I get 7.5 per portion...should I be good and just round it up :)
    Its a pain but best to round up... :( only fibbing to ourselves :o

Looks YUM!!! Definitely gonna try that! :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I just went into my local butcher and asked him to mince up some chicken breasts for me! He did 4 and it worked out at around 1.5lb of mince. Haven't told the OH yet, going to make something and see if he notices :P
    Fellas are MAD... if mine doesn't see the wrapper he's not bothered.. if he sees a WW logo.. its all "I'm not eating that skinny food!" ... he's been eating quorn regularly now for months and has NO idea.. I'm gonna fool him with the chicken mince too.. I recently tried out the WW jaffa cakes and just put his on a plate and he didn't think I'd be allowed to eat them since I'm pointing everything... :rolleyes:

izzy24 wrote: »

My leader says.. once you step on the scales the week ends.. once you step off a new one begins! Best to go and not let it roll over into 2... 3... weeks.. I've done that and regretted it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hey.
    Tried this over the weekend, and was yum. Kinda tastes like banoffee pie.
    Chop up a banana and microwave for a few seconds until just warm.
    Put the banana on a meringue nest and pour some ww toffee youghurt on top. I also sprinkled a little crumbled flake on top. Gobble and enjoy!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement