Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

WI tonight :(

Really regretting all the crap I've eaten/drank over the last 2 weeks...But am back on the wagon and am determined to stay there!

Hoping the small bit of exercise I've done will keep me from going any more than 2 up..I'm prepared for that..any more and I'll be disappointed, but I know its my own fault!

We shall see...still in the game for my stone by 10th April...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Fellas are MAD... if mine doesn't see the wrapper he's not bothered.. if he sees a WW logo.. its all "I'm not eating that skinny food!" ... he's been eating quorn regularly now for months and has NO idea.. I'm gonna fool him with the chicken mince too.. I recently tried out the WW jaffa cakes and just put his on a plate and he didn't think I'd be allowed to eat them since I'm pointing everything... :rolleyes:

I tried and failed with the quorn mince. He thought it was disgusting. Asked me what had happened because normally my shephards pie is fantastic!! I nearly wet myself with laughter, and had to tell him. :D I didn't like it either, it is the texture or something. Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

oh god went on total binge today, just cant stop...even ate a kit kat that went off in november!!! i have problems haha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I seriously do not know about this anymore. I am hungry all the time. As I am writing this my stomac is screaming at me to go down to the kitchen! So far today I have had:

Breakfast 9.30am: 2 x weetabix + milk

Snack 12.15pm: Bowl of home made soup + brown bread w/butter

Lunch: 165g of spiced chicken fillet + broccolli + carrots

Snack : Crunchie

Water: 3 pints

That seems like an awful lot of food to me and I still have 12pp left for dinner. Is anybody else feeling my pain? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I tried and failed with the quorn mince. He thought it was disgusting. Asked me what had happened because normally my shephards pie is fantastic!! I nearly wet myself with laughter, and had to tell him. :D I didn't like it either, it is the texture or something. Not for me.
    I've had to experiment a bit to get it right.. but even to mix it through half and half is a good alternative, just to save some points and cut back on the red meat, I find adding worchestshire sauce beefs it up.. so to speak..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

lil kc wrote: »
    I seriously do not know about this anymore. I am hungry all the time. As I am writing this my stomac is screaming at me to go down to the kitchen! So far today I have had:

That seems like an awful lot of food to me and I still have 12pp left for dinner. Is anybody else feeling my pain? :(
    . Oh totally!! I know some people are saying they're not hungry on propoints but I find I am and I'm eating loads of fruit. I find the dinners are much higher in points than before and I used bank on having smaller dinners because I need to eat so much durig the day. I've been drinking mint tea a bit which is no points but fills me up more than water!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

. Oh totally!! I know some people are saying they're not hungry on propoints but I find I am and I'm eating loads of fruit. I find the dinners are much higher in points than before and I used bank on having smaller dinners because I need to eat so much durig the day. I've been drinking mint tea a bit which is no points but fills me up more than water!

if your hungry.....eat....the worst thing you can do is go hungry...cos then you will binge....use the weeklies.... that's what they are for...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

lil kc wrote: »

Yep! Find my PP are usually enough to fill me but the last while I have been hungry and end up just picking at loads of things, thinking 2PP here and there isn't that bad but it all adds up and I could have had a sandwich!!

I dont know what is wrong with me but I just cant stop with the chocolate recently, and I never used to be a chocolate person. I have a WW bar and 2 aldi sun rice choc things today already!!

Up 1lb. Relatively happy given how bad it could have been! :p

Onwards and downwards as they say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    if your hungry.....eat....the worst thing you can do is go hungry...cos then you will binge....use the weeklies.... that's what they are for...

I save my weeklies for treats at the weekend!! I actually don't mind being hungry because I'm not going to starve to death but I am finding the dinners hard to get value for points. Used quorn mince for lasange there and it wasn't too bad! I do find I'm in the frame of mind at the moment where I'm like once I lose the weight i'm going back to my normal dinners etc which probably got me where I am today. Is anyone here on maintenance for a good while(like months to years) and how do they find it?

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »

I'm just eatting quorn cottage pie hehe!

Beef Knorr Stock Pots (the small ones) are 1pp, same as a stock cube...they are expensive....but are SO worth it when cooking Quorn! really adds a beef flavour. and i always use a dash Worcestershire sauce in it too. (i think someone suggested that already)

bit of ground cumin, paprika, garlic, black pepper to jazz it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

had a relatively good weekend apart from a total binge last night but it wasnt too bad and i just went to bed saying its done, forget about it in the morn.

woke up with my TOTM and thaught ok just try eat normal and drink pleanty and hopefully il b ok, went into work and got sent home 2hours later feeling like crap....turns out iv got another stomach bug :( been running to the loo all afternoon and evening and cant eat anything, not that i have much of an appatite to. im scared im goona lose too much weight tomorrow beacuse i still havent lost what i put bac on after the huge loss i had the last time i had the bug about 3 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I really stood on hungry ground the last 2 weeks .. can feel the weight creeping back on :eek:

Nothing for it but to be extra careful from now have 12 weeks before Boyfriend's sisters wedding :rolleyes: I think i need to be more organised !!! Some of you guy's are sooo motivated ill have to start borrowing some of your ideas :D

Current weight 12st 8lbs :(

Goal is 12st by the end of April :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

well done everyone on the last week, i have to say I thought there'd be much worse confessions here this week with Paddy's Day, the Rugby and the long LONG weekend.

I had a lovely dinner tonight. A large tuna steak (7pp) marinated overnight in Cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic, soy sauce and black pepper. I also allowed myself 70g (dried) of pasta (7pp - isn't that right??) and mixed the pasta with a tbs of WW pasta sauce and 0 pp veg. I am soooo stuffed and it was really nice and satisfying.

Keep up the good work and good luck with weigh in's this week. I have my fingers and toes crossed for myself:P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Glad to see that I'm not the only one whose hungry tonight. I had only 1pp left, but have just had a massive bowl of Special K, but still have about half of my weeklies left to cover it. Think I will go to bed early tonight to make sure I don't eat anything else! WI in the morning - hoping for a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    oh god went on total binge today, just cant stop...even ate a kit kat that went off in november!!! i have problems haha!

That made me laugh out loud dubgirl!!
    I made a pig of myself on Paddy's day and also on saturday when I had my sister and her family over for the night.
    Been exercising as much as possible since, but I don't think it's gonna make a dent in the damage done. :(

I've just had 2 rich teas, my last food of the day, and I feel like I could just eat everything that's in the house so I think I'll just have to go to bed.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all!

Anyone make the banana bread recipe?

I made it today but not sure if it came out right? Was the mixture meant to be really wet??

tastes nice enough alright but sticky consistency!
    And with the egg whites, to what degree to we beat them to!?

Cheers! Can't remember who posted the recipe!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Hey all!

Anyone make the banana bread recipe?

I made it today but not sure if it came out right? Was the mixture meant to be really wet??

tastes nice enough alright but sticky consistency!
    And with the egg whites, to what degree to we beat them to!?

Cheers! Can't remember who posted the recipe!!! :D

It's mine! Have made it twice.
    I whisk the eggs for about 2 mins and then for about 1
    With the banana in it. It is sticky when Cooked and quite a wet mixture.. :) however cook for the full 50 mins to reduce this and I tend to toast it to dry it a bit!! Had toasted with custard tonight!! Bliss :)

dear god....i think the only reason i'll be losing any weight over the next few weeks is cos i literly dont have time to eat or snack! like i have 3pp left tonight....i NEVER have pp left on mondays....if anything mondays are the days i go into my treat points! literly didnt have the energy or time to have my evening snack.

I think for the next few weeks exercise is not going to happen...when i;m working out all i can think about is how i should be doing assignements and studying and when i'm doing assignments all i can think about is how i should be on the treadmill.

Going to put my energy into eating right....college work and sleeping!

night all....going to be a tough few weeks...its never a good sign when the tutors are starting to panic!!!

First morning of a new week, feeling very positive! Dyed my hair last night and it turned out lovely and the sun is shining, it's putting me in great form!

Determined to track 100% this week and get back in the game :)

• Advertisement

Hi all

I usually weigh on a Tues but I cant STAND my leader so have decided to change to a Thursday meeting instead! Do you know if I can just go to a different meeting on a diff day without having to start again??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi all

I usually weigh on a Tues but I cant STAND my leader so have decided to change to a Thursday meeting instead! Do you know if I can just go to a different meeting on a diff day without having to start again??
    Hi, yeah you can just go to another meeting, without any charge, and as far as I can remember, if you continue to go to that meeting,the leader will just ask you to sign something,so your 'her' member, it maybe the original registration form,but you won't be charged anything. Also as a ww member you can go to as many meetings as you like,with no charge,but only can get weighed once a week.

Hi all

I switched leader last week too, my new leader seems much nicer and so much more encouraging.
    Like she said "Enjoy Paddys Day - but not tooo much" and laughed.
    My other leader would have put the fear of God into us about how many pp are in guinness etc so we'd leave feeling deflated!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone...
    I have never been so nervous about my wi tonight im just bricking it... i no im up and at this stage i just wanna get it over and move on to a brand new week...

Have another challenging week ahead my parents are off on holidays so im looking after the business for em and guess what business it is a bloody CHIPPER:mad:... Im just going to have stay away as much as possible... Im hoping the fact i will be flat out between my own work and den running the chipper i wil be to busy to eat:p... Fingers crossed:D...

Anyway im just going to take one day at a time so today my challenge is to get through wi tonight...:D

izzy24 wrote: »
    Anyway im just going to take one day at a time so today my challenge is to get through wi tonight...:D

Best of luck tonight!

I'm exactly the same about my WI tomorrow eve - considering not going but I know I should really :(

dammitj wrote: »
    Best of luck tonight!

I'm exactly the same about my WI tomorrow eve - considering not going but I know I should really :(

You really are much better going cause then at least if you do go up a little you know where you are starting from and then next week you can appreciate fully the loss you have made! :)

You really are much better going cause then at least if you do go up a little you know where you are starting from and then next week you can appreciate fully the loss you have made! :)

Yeah I guess so, I'm just such a chicken.
    I hate seeing a gain on the scales as it totally brings me down.

:(

Me too.. :( but maybe your leader will have some encouraging words to help u out! Im hoping for a better leader from Thurs on as the one I have is a bit annoying and really not much use. I know more about the point system than he seems to know!! Not good....

Yeah that's definitely not good!

I don't like my leader as she's not particularly nice or encouraging to me, only to her little favourites, pathetic really!
    I've lost 2 stone 9lbs now and I don't think she's ever really said "Well done!" One time she said I was a great tryer.
    ???

She's no good at giving positive advice, only warning us of the DANGERS of certain foods. She'd nearly scare you into eating only fruit!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Leaders really can have such an impact on you. A few years ago I was going to a class and I wasn't mad about the leader. If I had a bad week, she'd pull a face and go "Oh dear, what went wrong?" I just didn't get good vibes from her and during the class she'd only focus on the people who'd had weight losses that week so if you'd a bad week, she'd make you feel even worse!

I absolutely love the leader I have no.w Even when I haven't been there for months, he always remembers my name and makes a big deal about me coming back. He's such a laugh and if you've had a bad week, he gives encouragement and tries to make light of it (no pun intended!) He makes me want to stay for the class, and he's very personable with everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement