Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

m'lady wrote: »
    Lol, many a time I've squatted down in a changing room if there was no chair, to see what the clothes will look like when I'm sitting!

lol!

I am thinking of wearing a lovely Calvin Klein dress I tried on in TKMaxx to a party on saturday night (my parents 35th wedding anniversary)

It's really fitted around the bodice bit and then goes out just where my belly expands. It looks really nice when I'm standing up, so I think I'll have to stand up for dinner on saturday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

fofany wrote: »
    I think I was the one that said that there was 100 in my class. It's more like 70 now that the numbers have started to fall away. My leader does loads of classes Mon 2 morning + 3 evening classes, Tue 2 morning classes, Wed 3 evening classes. Anytime I have gone to a different one there has been about 70-100 people there. She is very good & deserves the income (she must be doing very well).

Jeepers there were 6 people at the last class I went to with my old leader.
    Just goes to show ....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Danii86 wrote: »
    Just bac frm my WI and week1day1 of c25k!!

Down 8LBS!!!!! And i dont think alot of that was to do with the stomaxh bug i had yesterday because i may have had a sneaky peak at the scales yesterday morning *cough cough* and it wasnt far off my weight this morn!! Im thrilled but im gona have to be xtra carful i dont put it bac on this week!!! I did drink feck loadsa water this week,realy made the effort and it looks like it paid off!!!

Got home and realised i forgot to pick up a tracker, hate when i do that cuase ther so handy!!

On the c25k just wondering how people point it cause the running iz deff high intensity but walking only moderate....should i just call it 30 mins of moderate?? Feeling realy good After it, will do it again On friday

Great loss! Am thinking of doing the C25k... well done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Yeah exactly, she was very patronising!

The only problem with having a male leader is that when it's my TOTM and I don't have a good week, I feel too embarrrassed to tell him that's the reason why :pac:

Is that Andy by any chance?!

Used to go to his meetings! Really liked him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Up 1.5 this week. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't worse to be honest. There was far too much drink had last week and then the hangover eating the next day did me in. Tomorrow is the start of a new week and the way I look at it, I still have half a stone gone for the last 3 weeks. Not too shabby really :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is that Andy by any chance?!

Used to go to his meetings! Really liked him!

No it's Trevor. He does classes in Dunshaughlin and (AFAIK) Ashbourne and Swords. He lost 27.5 stone in less than 3 years. Highest ever recorded weight loss in Ireland and I'm sure I read he's Weight Watchers' highest weight loss worldwide, or maybe was at the time. He's only young too, in his early 30s I'd say. I love him :D

No it's Trevor. He does classes in Dunshaughlin and (AFAIK) Ashbourne and Swords. He lost 27.5 stone in less than 3 years. Highest ever recorded weight loss in Ireland and I'm sure I read he's Weight Watchers' highest weight loss worldwide, or maybe was at the time. He's only young too, in his early 30s I'd say. I love him :D

He was my leader's leader. I think he does classes in balbriggan too. A girl I know lost 12 stone with him. She said he was amazingly supportive.

On the issue of leaders, I firmly believe that the best leaders are. those who have lost a substantial amount of weight. They seem to have a far better understanding ofv how difficult the process can be for someone with a couple of stone+ to lose. Someone who lost a stone or less in order to become a gold member is not someone I'd like for a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I tried and failed with the quorn mince. He thought it was disgusting. Asked me what had happened because normally my shephards pie is fantastic!! I nearly wet myself with laughter, and had to tell him. :D I didn't like it either, it is the texture or something. Not for me.

Glad someone else doesnt like quorn - thought it was just me. Would love to like it as its so low in pp but it tastes kinda powdery to me must try chicken mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Argh I didn't bring enough lunch with me today so I had to get a wrap in college :-/ leaves me with 9 pp for my dinner, don't want to touch my weeklies as i've two nights out this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Chinafoot wrote: »
    He was my leader's leader. I think he does classes in balbriggan too. A girl I know lost 12 stone with him. She said he was amazingly supportive.

On the issue of leaders, I firmly believe that the best leaders are. those who have lost a substantial amount of weight. They seem to have a far better understanding ofv how difficult the process can be for someone with a couple of stone+ to lose. Someone who lost a stone or less in order to become a gold member is not someone I'd like for a leader.

I totally agree, you aren't in the same frame of mind when you're losing 3 stone as compared with 12lbs. And I know weight loss is difficult no matter what but you mightn't have quite the same emotional mentality when it's a smaller loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Feeling totally disheartened. Not food wise, exercise wise (which is actually turning me to food). The last few days, my legs (shins and calves) and feet were in excrutiating pain when jogging and even when walking. I don't know what to do any more. I am hating exercise now and feel like giving up! The pain stays even after I have stopped walking, it might be that the runners are wrong for me, but I only bought them about a month ago and can't afford another pair. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just back from doctor, he's put me off excercise for few weeks :P
    i thought i had trapped nerve...cos my arm kinda went dead and had pins & needles.

but he said its inflammed nerve in my shoulder, really sore, its been keeping me awake last few nights, on anti inflammatories for two weeks...so now i dont feel guilty about not exercising....typing with numb fingers is a WEIRD!

Just means now i KNOW i have to be good with food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Hi

Does anyone who is signed up to WW online use the Iphone app instead of tracking on paper? How do you find this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

THRILLED - Down 1.5lbs tonight, really wasn't expecting that at all.

I have 1.5lbs to go to goal & I thought my leader would have said something to me tonight about it, any little bit of encouragement, motivtion, but no absolutely nothing. She seemed to be only concerned that she's weighing in herself this Sat in Dublin cos that's all she seemed to talk about during the meeting, felt like telling her to shut the f**k up. Thankfully I was chatting to 2 girls outside and they feel the same about her, totally unimpressed with her.

New week has begun, thank god, bring it on.

Hi

Does anyone who is signed up to WW online use the Iphone app instead of tracking on paper? How do you find this???

when your on the home page of your plan, top very right it should have "one small thing.....weight watchers iphone app" but that might be for english networks, i'm sure there is a ww apps on irish itunes

Monife wrote: »
    Feeling totally disheartened. Not food wise, exercise wise (which is actually turning me to food). The last few days, my legs (shins and calves) and feet were in excrutiating pain when jogging and even when walking. I don't know what to do any more. I am hating exercise now and feel like giving up! The pain stays even after I have stopped walking, it might be that the runners are wrong for me, but I only bought them about a month ago and can't afford another pair. :(:(

I have this too. Sometimes its ok and other times it's a killer. I feel like the side of my legs near the angle are twisting or something. Its really painful and the walk is so hard to complete. I find if I push through it it loosens up but it can be hugely off-putting. I'm hoping the more weight I lose the easier exercise will become.
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just back from doctor, he's put me off excercise for few weeks :P
    i thought i had trapped nerve...cos my arm kinda went dead and had pins & needles.

but he said its inflammed nerve in my shoulder, really sore, its been keeping me awake last few nights, on anti inflammatories for two weeks...so now i dont feel guilty about not exercising....typing with numb fingers is a WEIRD!

Just means now i KNOW i have to be good with food :)

Did he put you on Difene by any chance? If so it's a killer on your stomach. I hurt my back last month and must have gained about a stone just eating stuff to make the pills bearable. The constipation afterwards didn't help! Just something to be aware of if you are on Difene, so if you do go up it might not be down to you being bold :p Hopefully you're on something else though!

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I have this too. Sometimes its ok and other times it's a killer. I feel like the side of my legs near the angle are twisting or something. Its really painful and the walk is so hard to complete. I find if I push through it it loosens up but it can be hugely off-putting. I'm hoping the more weight I lose the easier exercise will become.

Did he put you on Difene by any chance? If so it's a killer on your stomach. I hurt my back last month and must have gained about a stone just eating stuff to make the pills bearable. The constipation afterwards didn't help! Just something to be aware of if you are on Difene, so if you do go up it might not be down to you being bold :p Hopefully you're on something else though!

I'm on Arcoxia, one taken morning with food,

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hi

I use it and love it. Would be totally lost without it only thing is irish iTunes customers can't avail of it so I had to create an English iTunes account in order to download it has everything you need on it I find it handier than having loads of paper trackers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I think out leader was telling us about him recently, it was sone male member who is now a leader but he used to say his week ended when he stood up on the scales and a new one began when he stepped down. That's an amazing loss.

Hope your feeling better soon Lainy, make sure you take the anti inflammatories with food tho. You don't want to end up with your tummy in shreds. I find heat packs great too.

Layla0509 wrote: »
    I use it and love it. Would be totally lost without it only thing is irish iTunes customers can't avail of it so I had to create an English iTunes account in order to download it has everything you need on it I find it handier than having loads of paper trackers[/QUOTH

Hi

thanks!
    can i do this even if i have an account with an Irish address????? Just signing up online now...

• Advertisement

I use it and love it. Would be totally lost without it only thing is irish iTunes customers can't avail of it so I had to create an English iTunes account in order to download it has everything you need on it I find it handier than having loads of paper trackers

ps.... When i connect my iphone up to the other account what will happen all my other stuff, apps and music etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I use it and love it. Would be totally lost without it only thing is irish iTunes customers can't avail of it so I had to create an English iTunes account in order to download it has everything you need on it I find it handier than having loads of paper trackers[/QUOTH
    Hi
    thanks!
    can i do this even if i have an account with an Irish address????? Just signing up online now...

I used the same address as I did signing up for WW uk my address with just a British post code in newry you'll have to use a similar address for the English iTunes oh and another email account too (it's a lil awkward I got my hubby to do it for me)
    Hope this helps ya oit

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

First WI and was down 2.5lbs. I'm really thrilled but I nearly feel guilty because I felt like I had such a bad week :o Is that weird??! But when I think about it, I was only bad with alcohol and was really good with food (except for a chicken fried rice from the Chinese). Anyway it's encouraged me to do better this week. When I went back last week I was up 5.5lbs since I last weighed in last November and I was determined to lose that in 3 weeks. So I have another 2 weeks to lose 3lbs to hit my mini-target, hopefully I'll do more than that though :)

Had a couple of glasses of wine and some chocolate after my meeting as a treat but back to it tomorrow. Forgot my tracker though, gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Has anyone used the WW pedometer? It looks really good - keeps track of the activity points you're earning too...It's €21.95 I think, very tempted to buy it but I'd like to know if it's worth it :)

I used the same address as I did signing up for WW uk my address with just a British post code in newry you'll have to use a similar address for the English iTunes oh and another email account too (it's a lil awkward I got my hubby to do it for me)
    Hope this helps ya oit

Would u mind asking him the ins and out
    Of it...??? I've been at it all evening :(:( ... Have joined up online but really only want the frigging app!!! Don't see how I am going to b able to keep all my other iTunes apps and songs... Would really appreciate the help: his wisdom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

just back from my first Zumba class :) it was great. some workout :eek: I was wrecked. definitely going again :D loved it :D
    WI tomorrow evening, dreading it as usual :o

misslt wrote: »
    Has anyone used the WW pedometer? It looks really good - keeps track of the activity points you're earning too...It's €21.95 I think, very tempted to buy it but I'd like to know if it's worth it :)

I had it the ww pedometre on the old system.....it was crap to be honest....it didnt detect half the steps i was doing...i was so annoyed! in theory its good...cos it makes you do a minimum amount of steps before it lets you start earning points....maybe i had a faulty one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

does going to a weekly weighin really cost €10?

Seems pretty steep. 40 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Hope this helps ya oit

oh if there's a tech breakdown me too please.. I've spent ages trying to set up another account but I'm more confused than when I started! eek!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

I use an app called iWatcher and it's great! Can track and calculate pp on foods.. It also keeps track of exercise points and stuff..
    Dunno what the ww one is, but I'm very happy with this one if u wanna give it a go??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement