Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

ps.... When i connect my iphone up to the other account what will happen all my other stuff, apps and music etc??

Nothing happens all your stuff is still there and syncing doesn't remove them

I'll do one up for you's and post it on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue8439

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Layla0509 wrote: »

oh if there's a tech breakdown me too please.. I've spent ages trying to set up another account but I'm more confused than when I started! eek!:eek:

I signed up to ww online a few weeks ago and it's great, the iphone app is amazing too, means i can track from anywhere...bit tricky to download but so worth it! Here's what i done to get it..

Click on this link to the uk itunes store http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/weight-watchers-mobile-uk/id406356219?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

It will open it up in your itunes account, but you will need to create another uk account to download it. Create the account, using a different email to your irish account, also an english address, and because the app is free you can just set the payment options as 'none'.

On your iphone (or itouch in my case), go to settings, then app store and sign out of your irish account and sign in with your new uk account. Search the weight watchers app, download it and when it's finished downloading you can log back out of that account and back in to your regular one...and there you have it!

Din't effect any of my other apps or music, it's great! Hope this helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:eek:......not havin such a good week this week or last week,come to think of it,i think it was because there was no wi on paddy's night!!!! just a word on leaders,ours is grand,recently i got my silver 7 and she was so delighted she gave me a hug and said i deserved it cas she knew i was struggling!!!! no matter how busy the meeting is,she always has a word for everyone.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hollyhock wrote: »
    :eek:......not havin such a good week this week or last week,come to think of it,i think it was because there was no wi on paddy's night!!!! just a word on leaders,ours is grand,recently i got my silver 7 and she was so delighted she gave me a hug and said i deserved it cas she knew i was struggling!!!! no matter how busy the meeting is,she always has a word for everyone.:P

I have to say my leader is fantastic. She lost over 4 stone and she's always open to questions about her weight loss. She's also really into exercise and is encouraging us to get fit as well as lose the weight. As she said herself, exercising will get us to our goal a lot faster than focusing just on the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

+1 for Iwatchr. You can save all the foods into it aswell and the tracker counts down your points and u can even include bonus points. Plus when you close the app, your number of points remaining stays in a little red circle over the icon.
    Just a note on the WW app, it's not much use if ur not signed up on line.

WI today, just want to get it over with now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

does going to a weekly weighin really cost €10?

Seems pretty steep. 40 a month?

Yep, it's 10ying per WI. You can do the supersave though. There's two options: Pay 100euro and you get 12 weeks (2 weeks free), or pay 50euro for six weeks (1week free). I'm going to sign up for the 6 week one this week.

I think the way to look at it is: it's 10euro a week, but I know that if I didn't go to the meetings, I would fall off the wagon completely and utterly and probably end up putting on at least half a stone, like I did last year, when I tried to do WW on my own at home. Now I know that I need the support of my leader and the weekly meetings to keep me on track, so to me 10euro a week isn't a big deal. But that's just my opinion. It might be cheaper to do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone...
    Ok so had my weigh in last nite and was UP 1.5lbs:(... Was so disappointed in myself and then i went off to chipper for dinner and ate ate way to much, woke up this morning and still feeling sick but im back on track and ready for a new week and im going to be down next tuesday... Going to try and start doing some exercise this week with the clock going forward and the fab weather i have no excuse:)... So im going food shopping tomarrow to get everything i need for the week:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

+2 on iwatcher it's really brilliant & what I love is you can export all your trackers via email to yourself (they come in PDF) so you can look back on all your previous results including the exercise bonus points you earned. It's really discreet as well & way better than the paper trackers IMO :) & once you build up your 'favourites' database it's really easy to remember the pp for food I love the WI graph as well it's great motivation seeing that downward slope on screen :)

Sorry to hear that izzy but as you say it's a new week so put the 1.5 behind you and onwards & downwards nxt week! :) You're still doing really well & have had some good losses in the past so it will balance out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slimpickings

Hi All,

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted....but log on every day to catch up on goings on . Was down 2.5llbs yesterday ( mightly relieved to be honest as dodgy home scales weren't reflecting that loss !:D ) Down 10llbs since beginning of Feb so happy ....this is my biggest hurdle as I always seem to give up at this stage. I really need to break through the wall and keep going as I've a LONG way to go to get to my as yet undisclosed Goal ( guessing somewhere in the region of 4 stone ).

On the subject of leaders I had to go back after weigh in yesterday to ask whether I had dropped a PP from my daily allowance. It turned out that I should have lost a PP but the leader admitted she often misses it so a word of warning to ask this if your leader doesn't mention it to you...something like every 1/2 stone or so I think ? Anyone had this happen ????

Using the iWatcher as well and finding it so discreet and helpful !

Onward and downward all ! Good luck this week !

Blue8439 wrote: »
    SkinnyDoll wrote: »

I signed up to ww online a few weeks ago and it's great, the iphone app is amazing too, means i can track from anywhere...bit tricky to download but so worth it! Here's what i done to get it..

Click on this link to the uk itunes store http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/weight-watchers-mobile-uk/id406356219?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

It will open it up in your itunes account, but you will need to create another uk account to download it. Create the account, using a different email to your irish account, also an english address, and because the app is free you can just set the payment options as 'none'.

On your iphone (or itouch in my case), go to settings, then app store and sign out of your irish account and sign in with your new uk account. Search the weight watchers app, download it and when it's finished downloading you can log back out of that account and back in to your regular one...and there you have it!

Din't effect any of my other apps or music, it's great! Hope this helps ;)

Ya beat me to it I used this website to help me through it

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/tips-tricks/how-to-open-a-us-itunes-account-without-credit-card/
    Make sure to select the uk iTunes and Make sure you have the right postcode (get one from google - I used Manchester United!)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Blue8439 wrote: »

Ya beat me to it I used this website to help me through it

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/tips-tricks/how-to-open-a-us-itunes-account-without-credit-card/
    Make sure to select the uk iTunes and Make sure you have the right postcode (get one from google - I used Manchester United!)

Thanks I shall try this when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Yep, it's 10ying per WI. You can do the supersave though. There's two options: Pay 100euro and you get 12 weeks (2 weeks free), or pay 50euro for six weeks (1week free). I'm going to sign up for the 6 week one this week.

Only £5.95 in the North. That means you are paying about 43% more than we are (£5.95 X 1.43 = £8.55 & 10 euro is approx equal to £8.50 at the moment). In the North we are part of Weightwatchers Ireland, not the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Hi All,

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted....but log on every day to catch up on goings on . Was down 2.5llbs yesterday ( mightly relieved to be honest as dodgy home scales weren't reflecting that loss !:D ) Down 10llbs since beginning of Feb so happy ....this is my biggest hurdle as I always seem to give up at this stage. I really need to break through the wall and keep going as I've a LONG way to go to get to my as yet undisclosed Goal ( guessing somewhere in the region of 4 stone ).!

im the same hurdle wise...im at the stage now where iv lost just a bit more than i did the last time i did WW and gave up around this point! but this time around i am determined to do it! i had a few weeks where i thought about packing it al in but i just looked at myself and said no im doin this. i usualy have very little self motivation and most times jus gove up but not this time.......jus keep thing about how great u feel and look!!! U CAN DO IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I didn't go to my class last night - for the first time since last October!
    I just couldn't face it.
    I'm going in for surgery on Friday. I had a terrible week because of a weekend full of parties/food and then the stress of waiting for my surgery.
    I'm dreading it - mostly because I've been through it before and I know what's ahead of me - so I just ate all around me for the week and I just couldn't be bothered going to my WI to be told I was up, when I won't be able to make it to class for the next 6-8 weeks anyway!
    So I didn't go and then I had a flippin' donut for my breakfast!
    I've lost 33 lbs in total but if I continue like this for the next 6 weeks I'll have the 33 lbs back on before I re-join! :mad:

Sorry for ranting!
    Well done to anyone who lost this week. Lainy - hope your shoulder gets better soon. Any update on your cousin??

Wow, it's been busy here this morning. This is going to be a long one folks!
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I think the way to look at it is: it's 10euro a week, but I know that if I didn't go to the meetings, I would fall off the wagon completely and utterly and probably end up putting on at least half a stone,

I feel the same Shoe Lover, all last summer I was trying to do it myself but wasn't really trying either.
    Whenever I feel like I'm being ripped off, I just think of what we would have spent on takeaways before this plus a weekly shop, so I feel like I'm saving a little bit.
    izzy24 wrote: »
    hey everyone...
    Ok so had my weigh in last nite and was UP 1.5lbs:(... .

Sorry to hear that Izzy...onwards and downwards for this week tho :)
    Girl in work was up 4.5lbs over two weeks last night. She is not a happy camper this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if I am up that much in one week, the way I have been eating this week. Topped it all off with a badly made risotto and glass of wine last night.
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    +2 on iwatcher it's really brilliant & what I love is you can export all your trackers via email to yourself (they come in PDF) so you can look back on all your previous results including the exercise bonus points you earned. It's really discreet as well & way better than the paper trackers IMO :) & once you build up your 'favourites' database it's really easy to remember the pp for food I love the WI graph as well it's great motivation seeing that downward slope on screen :)

Where is the WI graph? I have been using a weight track app for tracking my weight loss but the graph is crap...doesn't look like I've lost any weight! But it does tell how much you are up or down for the month. To date I am +.5lbs for March!

What I like about it is that I can take it out in the supermarket and check PPs on different foods, and it just looks like I'm sending a text.
    fofany wrote: »
    Only £5.95 in the North. That means you are paying about 43% more than we are (£5.95 X 1.43 = £8.55 & 10 euro is approx equal to £8.50 at the moment). In the North we are part of Weightwatchers Ireland, not the UK one.

Stop you're making me jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

on the iWatcher app how do u get your activity points to NOT be subtracted from your dailies??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I was in London again for interviews and tried so hard to be good, well within reason. Went over my dailies by about 15 which wasn't too bad because I have been exercising every day and still had a few weeklies left and walked the legs off myself getting around London.

Does anyone else question the eating out guide? I went to one of the Italian restaurant chains that is listed in the book and had Salmon with roasted veg and roasted new potatoes. It said that the dish was only 12pp but I really don't trust that. I love the WW program but really not a fan of any of their products. How do they work out the pp in restaurants? Is it guess work? Or do they work with the restaurants and get the exact ingredients of every dish? :confused:

Well done to all those with losses, keep going, and to those finding things tough stick with it, you can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

lil kc wrote: »
    I was in London again for interviews and tried so hard to be good, well within reason. Went over my dailies by about 15 which wasn't too bad because I have been exercising every day and still had a few weeklies left and walked the legs off myself getting around London.

Does anyone else question the eating out guide? I went to one of the Italian restaurant chains that is listed in the book and had Salmon with roasted veg and roasted new potatoes. It said that the dish was only 12pp but I really don't trust that. I love the WW program but really not a fan of any of their products. How do they work out the pp in restaurants? Is it guess work? Or do they work with the restaurants and get the exact ingredients of every dish? :confused:

Well done to all those with losses, keep going, and to those finding things tough stick with it, you can do it!

12 pp sounds about right for that dish to me. I'd say that all the chain type places have guarantees about how their food is cooked, what is used oil / butter wise etc for each dish so WW are able to work out approx the point values. It is just a guide I suppose so you do be mindful of that. Why do you think it should be higher points wise? Was there a lot of butter, big portion or what?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Yeah there just seemed to be a load of potatoes but they were cut in half I suppose, and the juice at the bottom of the plate after could of been a mixture of water from the veg and butter. Im just so conscious of every single thing. Think I just need to relax a bit ha :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

lil kc wrote: »
    Yeah there just seemed to be a load of potatoes but they were cut in half I suppose, and the juice at the bottom of the plate after could of been a mixture of water from the veg and butter. Im just so conscious of every single thing. Think I just need to relax a bit ha :rolleyes:

Sure, I understand that. But you do have to give yourself a pat of the back for the choices you made, going to that restaurant in the first place and choosing the fish dish, seems like your on the right track and sure that's half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

THRILLED - Down 1.5lbs tonight, really wasn't expecting that at all.

I have 1.5lbs to go to goal & I thought my leader would have said something to me tonight about it, any little bit of encouragement, motivtion, but no absolutely nothing. She seemed to be only concerned that she's weighing in herself this Sat in Dublin cos that's all she seemed to talk about during the meeting, felt like telling her to shut the f**k up. Thankfully I was chatting to 2 girls outside and they feel the same about her, totally unimpressed with her.

New week has begun, thank god, bring it on.

Wow that sucks. And totally sounds like my old leader!!

I am going to WI tonight for the 2nd time with my new leader, so we'll see how it goes.
    I think I'm about 9lbs from goal now so would like a little bit of motivation to get me there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Danii86 wrote: »
    im the same hurdle wise...im at the stage now where iv lost just a bit more than i did the last time i did WW and gave up around this point! but this time around i am determined to do it! i had a few weeks where i thought about packing it al in but i just looked at myself and said no im doin this. i usualy have very little self motivation and most times jus gove up but not this time.......jus keep thing about how great u feel and look!!! U CAN DO IT!!!

Danii, that's exactly how I am at the moment. I am now a couple of lbs below what I was Feb 2010 when I last gave up. This time round I am so much more motivated. I just spent an hour this morning sorting through my summer clothes (first bit of sunshine & we think it's the summer:D) & trying on things that haven't fitted me in years. So I'm bursting with motivation today!

kildareash wrote: »
    Wow, it's been busy here this morning. This is going to be a long

Where is the WI graph? I have been using a weight track app for tracking my weight loss but the graph is crap...doesn't look like I've lost any weight! But it does tell how much you are up or down for the month. To date I am +.5lbs for March!

What I like about it is that I can take it out in the supermarket and check PPs on different foods, and it just looks like I'm sending a text.

Agreed it's dead handy in the supermarket even though I have the electronic calculator I hate taking it out I much prefer it looking like Im sending a text :D

The WI graph comes if you upgrade the iwatcher app it's only 99cents if I remember correctly it should be in the support tab, I can't check for you cos I already updated. The graph Is great I WI every Friday & it tracks the progress & even .5lbs looks like a big loss! I'm sure it'll shrink down the further along I get (9 wi's & 11.5lbs lost on it so far)

With the upgrade you also get an intake chart & appetite chart you can use. The intake chart is great you can tailor to suit yourself I have fruit, veg, water free snacks, pointed snacks listed so I can see at a glance how many portions per day I'm consuming! These all come up as tabs @ the end of the daily log & you just tick a box to add one. It's well worth the buy extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Anyone have any idea how many points in a large 99 cone with flake??

Seeing you all comment on the €10 for WI has given me an idea for myself. I'm doing the at home plan so I paid out 85 euro at the start for all the materials but don't have the weekly cost as well. I think I'm going to put a tenner away each week & then when I get to my next mini goal use the money to reward myself for a non pointed treat! like new makeup or nail polish or accessories :) I don't want to focus on just clothes because hopefully ill go down a few more dress sizes too! :)

I really feel I don't need the meetings but I think the reason for this is last time I went to a leader she was crap & I ended up just going for WI & leaving. With the support of this thread & my want for a personal drastic Change it is keeping me on track & I've not cheated or lied to myself or gone off the wagon I just hope I can stay on!! I hope to god I've a loss this wk after being up last but with the paddys weekend shenanagins I really don't know!

Ive stopped putting time limits on my loss as well I had hoped to be 12st by end of April (9.5 lb to go) but I feel now I shouldn't do that. I want this gone & gone for good as long as I stick at it & work hard I'll hopefully get there picturing myself @ 10st or 10.7 st is my ultimate goal I dunno what I'll look like as I probably last weighed that at 13 years old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well I think I kinda know why I felt sooo sh**ty during and after exercise yesterday. Couldnt sleep all night was coughing and way too hot. Woke up this morning and felt horrible. Think I am getting a chest infection. Going to see how I feel later and try to still go to WI (but not stay for meeting) because I will go off the rails if I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Has anyone made the curried butternut squash soup from the WW website? I've never even had butternut squash before but really wanna try the soup. Is there a very strong taste off it? Also, it makes six portions, so what's the best way to individually freeze the four portions I won't be eating tonight and tomorrow? And how long will the soup last for without freezing, if kept in the fridge?

Sorry for all the questions :o

• Advertisement

STS today so relieved and delighted.
    I know I've probably said it loads, but I am going to make an extra special effort to track everything this week. I always start off well but soon forget about it and try do it in my head.

@Kay80....downloaded the update...so worth the 79cents! Thanks a mill :)
    Has anyone made the curried butternut squash soup from the WW website? I've never even had butternut squash before but really wanna try the soup. Is there a very strong taste off it? Also, it makes six portions, so what's the best way to individually freeze the four portions I won't be eating tonight and tomorrow? And how long will the soup last for without freezing, if kept in the fridge?

Sorry for all the questions :o

I haven't the curried soup but I normally make the bnut squash and red pepper soup and it's delish. My niece even used it as her starter for a come dine with me competition and she won!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement