Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Elliex wrote: »
    Thanks Monife, when i feel disheartened this thread is fab :) 6 days a week fair play!! I know i should prob do more for the first few months anyway... like when i come back from couch to 5k i do feel great and i do be thinking oh my god only 30 mins out of my day theres no reason why i cant do it at least 6 days a week and have a rest day then!

No probs. 6 days on a good week though. It is usually more like 4, maybe 5 days a week lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Hey guys...

Everyone is doing fab with the losses-keep it up :)!!

Anyways I know personally a big part of the programme for me is planning-there isn't a day I leave the apartment without some low pp snacks in the bag somewhere! But you cant always be prepared so I've decided to put up some points for you all-cereal bars! One thing I would grab if I was on the go and needed a lowpoint snack..or not so low as the case may be!! I hope the rest of you get as much of a shock as i did from some of these "healthy" snacks!

Kellogs Elevenses:
    Golden Oat Bakes 6pp
    Ginger Bakes 5pp
    Chocolatechip 5pp
    Raisin 5pp

Kellogs Nutrigrain:
    Blueberry/Apple/Strawberry 4pp

Alpen Light:
    Apple and sultana 2pp
    Summer Fruits 2pp
    Chocolate Fudge (these are amazing!!!) 2pp

Jordans Frusli:
    Blueberry/ Cranberry & Apple/Hazlenut & Raisin 3pp

Special K:
    Red Berry 2pp
    Bliss raspberry & Chocoloate 2pp

Nature Valley Crunch Granola
    Canadian Maple Syrpe 5pp
    Oats & honey 5pp

Tracker:
    Raisin/Roasted Nut 3pp

Kellogs Rics Krispie Squares:
    Regular 3pp
    Choclate/Caramel 4pp

Wheetabix Milk Chocolate Oaty Bars 2pp

Tesco Light Choices:
    Cranberry & Blackcurrent 2pp
    Chocolate & Orange 3pp

So there you go! At least when we are aware we can make intelligent choices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

numbernerd wrote: »
    Hey guys...

Anyways I know personally a big part of the programme for me is planning-there isn't a day I leave the apartment without some low pp snacks in the bag somewhere! But you cant always be prepared so I've decided to put up some points for you all-cereal bars! One thing I would grab if I was on the go and needed a lowpoint snack..or not so low as the case may be!! I hope the rest of you get as much of a shock as i did from some of these "healthy" snacks!

Kellogs Elevenses:
    Golden Oat Bakes 6pp
    Ginger Bakes 5pp
    Chocolatechip 5pp
    Raisin 5pp

Kellogs Nutrigrain:

Alpen Light:
    Apple and sultana 2pp
    Summer Fruits 2pp

Jordans Frusli:

Special K:
    Red Berry 2pp

Canadian Maple Syrpe 5pp
    Oats & honey 5pp

Tracker:
    Raisin/Roasted Nut 3pp

Regular 3pp
    Choclate/Caramel 4pp

Tesco Light Choices:
    Chocolate & Orange 3pp

Oh i'm printing this and keeping it in my bag! Great list! I LOVE krispie Squares! Literately just doing out my snacks and meals for tomorrow :D Coffee and Krispie for 4pp! NICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Quick Q:

We bought round steak yesterday, 300grm for 2 pieces.

Can someone point me a steak @150grm?

ta

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Quick Q:

ta

about 6pp i say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

How many activity points are in housework?? :D

Haven't even had time to think about food, weather like that calls for a salad or something light, anything else would be too heavy.

WI tomorrow night, feel happy about this week so fingers crossed the scales reflect that. Saw family over the weekend that I hadn't seen since before I started WW and they were raving about how well I looked. Absolutely delighted, gave me motivation to keep going :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    about 6pp i say

best new I've had today, will be able to enjoy it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Kellogs Elevenses:
    Chocolatechip 5pp

Alpen Light:

Oats & honey 5pp

Tracker:
    Raisin/Roasted Nut 3pp

Regular 3pp

Thanks for the list numbernerd...I loved the Chocolate Elevenses & the Nature Valley Crunch Granola oat & honey on the old system but I can't justify spending 5PP on these - shame cuz I really do love them!!

Very happy about the Tracker bars / rice krispie squares tho (haven't had a square in years)!! And I'm def trying those Alpen chocolate fudge - what a bargain 2PP!!!
    Quick Q:

ta

Hi GT_TDI_150, i know sirloin is 7PP for 225g (one of my fav dinners yum) so i reckon it might even be as low as 5PP but don't quote me on that!

Quick Q:

ta

Having round steak myself tonight with the OH. We are heffers when it comes to steak lol good job we only have it occasionally. We got 620g round steak. I am going to have about 280g which I worked out at being around 9PP. As Garden Gurl said, sirloin steak is 7PP for 225g, I would say round steak is pretty much the same.
    Hey guys...

Kellogs Elevenses:
    Golden Oat Bakes 6pp
    Ginger Bakes 5pp
    Chocolatechip 5pp
    Raisin 5pp

Kellogs Nutrigrain:

Alpen Light:
    Apple and sultana 2pp
    Summer Fruits 2pp

Jordans Frusli:

Special K:
    Red Berry 2pp

Canadian Maple Syrpe 5pp
    Oats & honey 5pp

Tracker:
    Raisin/Roasted Nut 3pp

Regular 3pp
    Choclate/Caramel 4pp

Tesco Light Choices:
    Chocolate & Orange 3pp

Thanks for the list, that is brill. Can't believe the squares are less than the elevenses, used to love them.

On another note, have a pot of soup on the cooker. Was feeling a bit adventurous and have used a whole BNS, 2 large red peppers, 2 onions, 2 chilli's and 2 veg stock cubes. Looks loads, will keep me going for the week, might even have to freeze some. Have never tried BNS before, so really hope I like the soup, smells good already though. :)

confession time!

have munched my way thru 3/4s of a packet of plain digestive biscuits while doing college work! 2pp a pop! I've blown nearly 20pp on freaking biscuits...sickening!

I'm still within my dailies even with dinner....but i know later on this evening i will want somthing. So going to take 4pp of my weeklies to have a bowl of porridge with splenda. and skimmed milk

on a plus side...i have drank....BUCKET loads of water today....at least 4 pints, plus had a huge bowl of soup made with water

• Advertisement

Anyone know PP for Chicken Satay from chinese (main dish)?? And fried noodles also??

I know, terrible but have been super good the past few days & have 21 pp left today as well as about 40 weeklies so im gonna treat myself tonight :rolleyes:

Anyone know PP for Chicken Satay from chinese (main dish)?? And fried noodles also??

I know, terrible but have been super good the past few days & have 21 pp left today as well as about 40 weeklies so im gonna treat myself tonight :rolleyes:

Heya, it's 18PP for the Chicken Satay. I wouldn't use that as gospel though as I got it from the WW Australian site (link below).

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=40091&sc=3030

With the noodles, I would weigh them and then add a few extra PP for the oil.

Thanks Monife...I was working it out at about that based on the Chicken Curry at 12PP + extra for the nuts & oil. Just wanted to make sure. Am so proud of myself, have ordered BBQ spare ribs every time I've gotten Chinese recently & I didn't tonight & I didn't order any chips either :D

Oh delivery man just buzzed the door yum yum x

mmmh,mmmh,mmh!

round steak, oven chips and a salad!

14PP and I'm stuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Had a bit of a bad day food wise. Went out for dinner for my Dad's birthday and was actually quite good there. Had the chicken ceaser salad, drank water and had no starter or dessert. Then came home and had cheesecake :mad: It was a delish white chocolate and marshmallow one so no idea how many points it is. On the plus side I've been good all week sticking to points and exercise so I'm still hoping to be down on Weds. Really need to be down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Tesco Light Choices:
    Chocolate & Orange 3pp

According to NI on box and using ProPoints calculator, Chocolate & Orange is 2pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Elliejo wrote: »
    Tesco Light Choices:
    Chocolate & Orange 3pp

According to NI on box and using ProPoints calculator, Chocolate & Orange is 2pp.

Awh perhaps..I'm still using my wheel thingy so maybe my result is less accurate..
    Got info from Tesco website and with Protein 1g, Carbs 19.4g and Fat 1.6g I worked it out at 3pp.

Glad the rest of you found it useful-some of the results were eye opening to say the least!!

I have everything crossed that my super strict pointing and intense excercise this week will have me down the 2lbs I need for my first stone tomorrow night...eek there will be war if not :P!!

Om nom nom nom!! The soup is actually gorgeous. So glad I took the risk to try something new. Looking forward to my lunch tomorrow now.

cooking & baking stuff on offer in LIDL tomorrow,

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110328.index

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Got info from Tesco website and with Protein 1g, Carbs 19.4g and Fat 1.6g I worked it out at 3pp.

Protein 1g, Carbs 15.4g, Fat 1.3g according to the box I have in front of me. Maybe we are talking about different bars.

• Advertisement

Right....Determined to have a good week!

this weekend has just been kinda crap....due to lack of preparation and laziness

Tomorrow: Daily Allowance 43

Breakie 7.30am
    Oatmeal + Skimmed Milk + splenda
    Nescafe Skinny Cappuccino
    5pp

Morning Break 10.30am
    Kelloggs Rice Krispie Square
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha
    5pp

Lunch 2pm
    Low Fat Subway
    Coke Zero
    10pp

Home From College:5pm
    Lemon Muffin
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha
    6pp

Dinner 7.30pm
    400g baby boiled potatoes
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    12pp

After Dinner 9pm
    oatmeal + skimmed Milk + splenda
    4pp

I know it looks like I'm spending the whole day eating...but thats just how my breaks are broken up in college...and its a LONG day! Little but often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Right....Determined to have a good week!

this weekend has just been kinda crap....due to lack of preparation and laziness

Good on you Lady Lainy, I find if i don't plan my food for the following day(s) that's when I fall off the wagon.

I've my food planned out for the next 5 days, i'll be cooking for 1 my OH is working abroad for the week boo hoo.

Have a good week everyone

Good on you Lady Lainy, I find if i don't plan my food for the following day(s) that's when I fall off the wagon.

I've my food planned out for the next 5 days, i'll be cooking for 1 my OH is working abroad for the week boo hoo.

Have a good week everyone

the painkillers i'm on have to be taken in the morning....so they have me drowsy all day....not even diet coke perked me up this weekend.....lets blame them for my disastrous weekend! LOL

The Rice Krispie Squares are a bargain for 3pp....but i know if i stock up on them i'll end up scoffing them....it'll cost more...but i think its going to be safer to just buy one at a time in the canteen

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi everyone I have a question about the iWatcher app on the iPhone, Ive had it awhile and the other day I updated it for 79c but it hasn't updated, does anyone know what I should do??
    Thanks

Jewow wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have a question about the iWatcher app on the iPhone, Ive had it awhile and the other day I updated it for 79c but it hasn't updated, does anyone know what I should do??
    Thanks

Did you close it in the task manager and reopen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

misslt wrote: »
    Did you close it in the task manager and reopen it?

Sorry to sound extremely thick but where is the task manager??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

misslt wrote: »
    How many activity points are in housework?? :D

Haven't even had time to think about food, weather like that calls for a salad or something light, anything else would be too heavy.

WI tomorrow night, feel happy about this week so fingers crossed the scales reflect that. Saw family over the weekend that I hadn't seen since before I started WW and they were raving about how well I looked. Absolutely delighted, gave me motivation to keep going :)

As regards activity points in housework - i am not a bit houseproud, but now I f i am gonna be home alone i get off my ass and give the downstairs a quick clean and then do an excercise dvd, and include the whole lot timewise when working out the activity points - my house is now being cleaned on a more regular basis lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Had a terrible day yesterday :( Was good on Saturday night and had just two glasses of wine. Then yesterday started out good with porridge for breakfast and a nice healthy 5pp lunch! Then around 4pm, it went pear shaped :( Went down to my sister for her birthday, ended up having a small piece of cake (small as was still in the right frame of mind at this point). Went home and had dinner. Then the OH went out for an hour and I don't know what happened! All of a sudden, I had gotten through 1/2 a packet of chocolate digestives :eek: And it didn't end there! When he came home, we had our dessert which was 3pp mini trifles I was after making during the day. Then I had a cup of tea, some cadburys chocolate fingers, a mini roll AND a WW bar :eek: And why did I eat all this? Because I was having a pity party for one! I had a sore back and a migraine, then to top it all off, it's TOTM this week, so I was in a horrible down-in-the-dumps mood that I just couldn't shake. I had to just go to bed to stop myself.

So I've drawn a line under that today. Feeling much more positive, I've only 1lb to go to my 10% & four more days to WI. So going to be good! Also starting an Italian cookery class tonight so looking forward to that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Morning Everyone
    Proud of me
    My new wk starts on a sat and it's my TOTM since then and ive managed to only use 4 of my weeklies which is huge for me as lately on a wknd Id often have no weeklies left by Monday morning
    Hope it's a sign of a good week!!!!

• Advertisement

Jewow wrote: »
    Sorry to sound extremely thick but where is the task manager??

Oops, sorry, should have said that - is it an iPhone? If so double click the home button and your home screen should move up to show a row of apps still open in the background. Hold down on one until it starts to shake and a little exit icon will appear on the top left corner. Tap that to close it. You'd be surprised how much battery life gets wasted by apps open in the background!!
    Birdie086 wrote: »
    As regards activity points in housework - i am not a bit houseproud, but now I f i am gonna be home alone i get off my ass and give the downstairs a quick clean and then do an excercise dvd, and include the whole lot timewise when working out the activity points - my house is now being cleaned on a more regular basis lol

I was running around here yesterday like a blue arsed fly cleaning, probably more exercise in that than when I actually try to do exercise :p

Hopefully get the pedometer soon so I can actually see!

Having lovely porridge this morning, and have a fab salad made for lunch. Fingers crossed for tonight!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement