Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Flour
    Plain Flour (white) 10pp
    Plain Flour (wholemeal) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (white) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (wholemeal) 9pp

Sugar
    White 11pp
    Light Brown Sugar 11pp
    Dark Brown Sugar 11pp
    Caster Sugar 11pp
    Muscovado Sugar 11pp
    Demerara Sugar 11pp
    Icing Sugar 11pp

Chocolate
    Cocoa Powder 9pp
    Chocolate Chips, Plain 14pp
    Chocolate Chips, White 15pp
    Chocolate Chips, Dark 15pp

Extras
    Baking Powder 5pp
    Bicarbonate Soda 0pp
    Wheat Germ, Dried 10pp
    Wheat Bran, Dried 7pp
    Stork, Soft Butter (SB) 15pp
    Mixed Peel 7pp
    Glace Cherries 7pp
    Raisins 8pp
    Flaked Almonds 18pp

These are the most common baking ingredients...I'll leave the nuts up to your selfs cos i'd be here all night LOL flaked almonds the most common nuts used in cakes.

Lainy thanks very much, you have answered a major question for me!! I phoned my leader one wk cause i couldnt understand how one of their ww receipes was pointed so low when i was getting it 10 points extra, and i taught it might have been the sugar, but she was adamant that every 5g of sugar was 1 pp so that would make 100g 20pp even tho i pointed it from the pack as between 10 and 11!!

Now that i know for def i can bake all the happier:P

Thanks again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    on the splenda questin from earlier, does 1 tsp of splenda replace 1 tsp of sugar?

oh and how much splenda can one use before you need to point it? Writing out a receipe which requires 200 grm of sugar:eek:

I think there is baking splenda too. Someone was talking about it. Like others said, I would use less splenda than sugar as it can be very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    I think there is baking splenda too. Someone was talking about it. Like others said, I would use less splenda than sugar as it can be very sweet.

i saw baking splenda once in dunnes...but havent seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Flour
    Plain Flour (white) 10pp
    Plain Flour (wholemeal) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (white) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (wholemeal) 9pp

Sugar
    White 11pp
    Light Brown Sugar 11pp
    Dark Brown Sugar 11pp
    Caster Sugar 11pp
    Muscovado Sugar 11pp
    Demerara Sugar 11pp
    Icing Sugar 11pp

Chocolate
    Cocoa Powder 9pp
    Chocolate Chips, Plain 14pp
    Chocolate Chips, White 15pp
    Chocolate Chips, Dark 15pp

Extras
    Baking Powder 5pp
    Bicarbonate Soda 0pp
    Wheat Germ, Dried 10pp
    Wheat Bran, Dried 7pp
    Stork, Soft Butter (SB) 15pp
    Mixed Peel 7pp
    Glace Cherries 7pp
    Raisins 8pp
    Flaked Almonds 18pp

These are the most common baking ingredients...I'll leave the nuts up to your selfs cos i'd be here all night LOL flaked almonds the most common nuts used in cakes.

You're a star! thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Thanks Lady Lainy - you work so hard for all of us.
    Hope exams go well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Totally agree - have soooo much to lose myself I just work on 7lb at a time. Think its best to wait n see how you feel as your weight drops.

Dont worry too much about sizes - have a skinny friend who wears anything from a size 10 to 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Having a bad day generally. Did not sleep much last night and rather flat and fed up today. Finding ww rather difficult right now, seems to be a battle to stay within my points and would like to keep the weeklies for weekend which is always a challenge.

I am getting hungry and seem to be running out of points and not eating excessively ( or I don"t think I am!) Any advice?
    This is what I had today

breakfast 2 wheatbix and 200 ml low fat milk 3 + 2 pp
    snack apple
    lunch sandwich with cheese and tomato 6 pp bread, 1pp marg, 2pp cheese(16 gr cheddar tomato 0 =9 pp
    snack pear and 5 almonds 2pp
    small cupcake, homemade no icing - I estimated 2pp??
    150 gr chicken breast 4pp
    150 gr white rice 6pp and some free veg
    packet of chicken coq a vin mix (pointed according to pack at 9 pp for 100 gr packet contained 45 g and it was shared between 3 so I pointed 2 pp for me?

so I have used 30 pp . seems a reasonable amount to eat but I am over my 29pp?

Feeling flat and could do with a glass of wine!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Did a little shop at Lidl and Dunnes this evening and got some good WW friendly finds...
    - Lidl Mozzarella Light - whole thing (125g drained) - 5pp - wee bit chewy but for a whole ball of mozzarella, it's great
    - Philadelphia Light - Garlic & Herbs - 30g - 1pp - yummmm
    - Melba Toasts - box comes with 5 sachets of 3 toasts in each - 1pp per sachet
    - Pk of 5 Lidl rashers - 8 pp - so I reckon that has to be down to 7pp by the time you cut off the fatty bits on the side :)!
    - Bar of Bourneville - 6 pp - 1pp per square!

Best really low pp dessert I've come up with so far is 1 tub of peach vitalinea (1pp) and a small tin of drained mandarin oranges mixed in with it - all for only 1pp and really really lovely.

Before I go....can anybody give me a guesstimate of how many pp a scone is worth? The kind of scone they sell in coffee shops, cafes....? Depending on my mood and the amount of points I've used in a day, I've been pointing them at anywhere between 4 and 10! All guesstimates welcome.

Thanks

Did a little shop at Lidl and Dunnes this evening and got some good WW friendly finds...
    - Lidl Mozzarella Light - whole thing (125g drained) - 5pp - wee bit chewy but for a whole ball of mozzarella, it's great
    - Pk of 5 Lidl rashers - 8 pp - so I reckon that has to be down to 7pp by the time you cut off the fatty bits on the side :)!

Best really low pp dessert I've come up with so far is 1 tub of peach vitalinea (1pp) and a small tin of drained mandarin oranges mixed in with it - all for only 1pp and really really lovely.

Before I go....can anybody give me a guesstimate of how many pp a scone is worth? The kind of scone they sell in coffee shops, cafes....? Depending on my mood and the amount of points I've used in a day, I've been pointing them at anywhere between 4 and 10! All guesstimates welcome.

Thanks
    http://www.costa.co.uk/

Costa coffee have all the nutritional info for all there coffee and desserts. I'm sure scones will be on there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 15
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 45 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

As I'm belgian an this used to be (still is) my fav treat I thought I'd post it:

Ingredients
    300 g old bread(any type, avoid wholemeal, dont want the seeds logging between your teeth) - 18PP
    200 g Sugar(or equivelant in splenda/sugar mix) - 22PP
    1/2 Ltr Low Fat Milk - 6PP
    5 medium eggs - 10PP
    60grm Raisins 4PP
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - 1PP
    a sprinkling of cinamon

Instructions
    · break up the bread in to small bits in a mixing bowl
    · Add Sugar to milk and heat(don't boil)
    · Pour milk over the bread and let soak
    · Mash bread into a thick gough
    · Add Raisins, cinamon, vanilla extract and the 5 beaten eggs
    · Line baking dish with grease proof paper and add mix
    · Cook in 200C oven for 45mins

This will turn out like a very, very moist cake

Serving suggestion from my mums (old belgian farmers) cookbook:
    Turn over on a warm plate and cover in berries and juices.

• Advertisement

Better Costa Coffee Link :)

http://www.costa.co.uk/coffee/nutritional_info.aspx

I'm outa here folks! Need Sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Hi everyone

I'm new to ww, joined last Thursday. I'm struggling with the propoints but I stumbled across this and have been reading it for the last hr and jotting down bits of info! I feel like I'm eating pretty much the same as usual just in smaller portions and with more exercise, very nervous about Thursday though!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

SAexpat wrote: »
    Having a bad day generally. Did not sleep much last night and rather flat and fed up today. Finding ww rather difficult right now, seems to be a battle to stay within my points and would like to keep the weeklies for weekend which is always a challenge.

I am getting hungry and seem to be running out of points and not eating excessively ( or I don"t think I am!) Any advice?
    This is what I had today

snack apple
    lunch sandwich with cheese and tomato 6 pp bread, 1pp marg, 2pp cheese(16 gr cheddar tomato 0 =9 pp
    packet of chicken coq a vin mix (pointed according to pack at 9 pp for 100 gr packet contained 45 g and it was shared between 3 so I pointed 2 pp for me?

Are you eating white bread for your sandwich? You should swap it with wholegrain as it makes you feel fuller longer. White rice should also be swapped for brown rice for the same reason. I've changed my bread, rice and pasta intakes to wholegrain only and they really make such a difference. Definitely not tempted to reach for the snacks as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Are you eating white bread for your sandwich? You should swap it with wholegrain as it makes you feel fuller longer. White rice should also be swapped for brown rice for the same reason. I've changed my bread, rice and pasta intakes to wholegrain only and they really make such a difference. Definitely not tempted to reach for the snacks as much.

Thanks, will try that!

SAexpat wrote: »

This is what I had today

snack apple

Perhaps have a little more for your lunch like some 0PP soup or a 0PP salad to accompany the sandwich. The soup is great for filling you up.

Thanks

My leader said scones can be anything from 5 to 12PP!! The ones that are or 4 or 5 you will never see in shops as they are sooooo small! The ones in like starbucks or other coffee shops would be nearer the 12PP mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

My leader reckoned that a shop bought scone is 8pp! and that's before you even think about putting butter or jam onto it!

I went to my cooking class last night, learned how to make fresh pasta! Got some delish recipes and I reckon they are relatively low points too! Will point them over the next few days and post them up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Does anyone have a basic muffin base recipe? I'd love to try banana muffins, but all the ones i've found are kinda 5 or 6pp each. i like to keep my muffins to around the 4pp mark,

These are peanut and banana mini muffins for 1 pp each .. might go further if you take out the peanut butter?

Peanut and Banana Muffins
    10 mins to prepare
    25 mins to cook
    Serves 21
    Ingredients
    100g (½ oz) plain flour
    1½ tsp baking powder
    4 tsp artificial sweetener
    2 eggs
    120g pot Weight Watchers Vanilla Yogurt
    100g (3½ oz) ripe banana, mashed
    50g (1¾ oz) crunchy peanut butter
    25g (1oz) milk chocolate, chopped
    Method
    Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C.
    Line 2 12-hole mini muffin tins with 21 mini paper cake cases.
    Sift together 100g (3½ oz) plain flour, 1½tsp baking powder and 4 tsp artificial sweetener. Set aside
    In a seperate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1 x 120g pot Weight Watchers Vanilla Yoghurt,100g (3½ oz) ripe banana, mashed, 50g (1¾ oz) crunchy peanut butter and 25g (1oz) milk chocolate, chopped.
    Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
    Spoon into cake cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden.
    Cool on a wire rack.
    Best eaten on the same day they are made, or freeze up to 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone.. i habe my weigh in tonight.. im so hopeful i will be down after i was up last week fingers crossed:D... as regards the goal weight thing my doctor warned me not to go by the BMI weight as everyone is different.. some people are just bigger boned than others she said its fact so putting everyone one into the same catagory is ridiculous and can be dangerous. its about being comfortable in your own skin weather that be size 8 or 18 everyone is different:D.. take it one silver seven at a time thats what i do anyway:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ugh I'm dreading my WI tonight. I weighed myself this morning and I'm pretty sure I'm up. I was nearly not going to go but I'm just going to face the music. I couldn't stay for class last week but will this week.

I shouldn't be going up after only 2 weeks back :( And I'm away this weekend with my boyfriend. He's very into healthy eating and is very supportive though so I'm going to try and keep the damage to a minimum and get out for some walks and stuff if the weather's nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Can anyone tell me please how many points are in prawns.. I am sorry if its already up here but I am searching and can't seem to find it.:rolleyes: Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Good luck everyone with a WI tonight. I'm just back from mine & was 1.5lbs down. Delighted. Must be giving up the diet coke & drinking water instead that doing it! Onwards & downwards.

Just updated my ticker & now my BMI is under 25! Now I am officially not overweight anymore (I know it's not a great indicator for everyone, but today it is for me:D:D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

brightstar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me please how many points are in prawns.. I am sorry if its already up here but I am searching and can't seem to find it.:rolleyes: Thanks a mill

As per the pocket guide

king prawns, cooked, 100g 3pp
    king, raw, 8, 64g 1pp
    peeled, 1 medium portion, 60g 1pp
    tiger, cooked & peeled, 1portion, 100g 2pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done fofany, that's great news :)

I've picked up that nasty flu that's going around and have been just miserable with it the last few days and sooooo hungry. Dreading tomorrow.
    I bought a packet of halls soothers yesterday to stop me coughing and it was 5pp per pack!!!!!

I made the Halloween muffins on sunday from one of the recipes lady Lainy posted and they were a disaster! Had to throw them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi guys, I'm thinking about joining weight watchers, just need a little advice!
    I'm in college at the minute, just finishing up but my lectures are a bit all over the place. I'm graduating in July and I'd like to loose a bit of weight before that.
    I'm a size 18-20, don't even want to know my weight! I've been overweight most of my life, since I was about 12,13. (I'm 21 now)

My question is what happens if you can't attend your meeting? I want to do the meetings at home because I'll be doing it through the summer but I will miss a few meeting because of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Would anybody know the points 4 gloria jeans?? Mainly their cookie chillers.... Small no cream would kill my lil craving i got as i walked past!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

lizt wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm thinking about joining weight watchers, just need a little advice!
    I'm in college at the minute, just finishing up but my lectures are a bit all over the place. I'm graduating in July and I'd like to loose a bit of weight before that.
    I'm a size 18-20, don't even want to know my weight! I've been overweight most of my life, since I was about 12,13. (I'm 21 now)

My question is what happens if you can't attend your meeting? I want to do the meetings at home because I'll be doing it through the summer but I will miss a few meeting because of college.

Hi

Join up online to weightwatchers.co.uk. Make up an English address! much better, it works out as 32 euro to join up and for 3 months access to their website, tracker etc..

Good luck!
    Rachelryan29!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Elliex wrote: »
    Im about 5'6, just under 14stone...now i am fairly heavy for a size 14 ...but like some of my dresses n stuff are a 12 so i think if i lost 3 stone i would be waaayy too skinny & it would be way to hard to maintain! when iv told ppl who knw me they were shocked and thought it was rediculous! So i think your right im going to have a look myself and speak to my leader and see what she says! At least if i set my own goal i can keep going from there & then see how i get on! i feel much more positive tho..thanks :)

I started off as almost the same, I'm 5'7" and started at 13st 11.5lbs.
    I've lost 38.5lbs now and I think it suits me. But I'm going to stop when I get another 8lbs off!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

It's a week today since I joined WW's. First weigh in tonight, I'm nervous but excited! Today, I had a bowl of no points soup (my employer actually puts up WW propoints figures in the canteen for those of us on the program)... and I had an egg, beetroot, lettuce and tomato. I finished the soup, and I got half way through the egg and I had to stop eating it. I was so full... and an hour later, I'm still feeling incredibly full. This is alot different already to how I felt at lunch time this time 1 week ago. So onward and upward (or downwards in weight!)... will fill in on if I had any weight loss tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Thanks Amira...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement