Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some advice on porridge. I've seen a few of you mention it and I think I need to try it to get the aul bowels moving (sorry :p) I haven't had it since I was a young child so not sure if I'll like it. I'm looking for a low point one that is nice and easy to make!! Thanks

30g of porridge 3pp
    made with 160ml slimline milk +1pp
    Splenda 0pp
    TOTAL 4pp

microwave for 2mins

Flavaghans is nicest one around i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Congrats you must be delighted. What helped you the most?

Thanks for all the congrats!! What helped me most was giving up bread and walking every day!! I would still have the odd bit of bread but no toast in the mornings any more, still have wraps but not every day.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hi and welcome :) If you sign up to the WW meeting at home, the weeks you can't go to that one you could maybe go to one near your college if it suits you. You'll still be able to go to your home meetings then the weeks you are at home. You are allowed two free missed weeks, these are holiday weeks. After that if you miss a week you have to pay €5 extra so €15 for that meeting. If you miss 2 weeks in a row then you have repay the joining fee so it'll be €20 for that meeting. Hope that helps :)

I'm the same as you I'm 21 and in college. My aim is my graduation at the end of August. Hoping to be close to 10st (currently 11st 13lbs). And would love to be able to wear a dress with no tights or leggings. My legs are my worse feature :o

Well done fofany on your loss :) Good luck to everyone who has WI tonight x

So is it 15e for the week after you miss one meeting? or have you to pay 15e and the weekly 10e? Sorry for confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

boxoff wrote: »
    So is it 15e for the week after you miss one meeting? or have you to pay 15e and the weekly 10e? Sorry for confusion!

15 for the week :)

All this talk of porridge really makes me wish I liked porridge. I did give it a chance recently, but hated it. It's the texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can anyone give me some advice on porridge. I've seen a few of you mention it and I think I need to try it to get the aul bowels moving (sorry :p) I haven't had it since I was a young child so not sure if I'll like it. I'm looking for a low point one that is nice and easy to make!! Thanks

If you can, soak the porridge overnight, it cooks a loot nicer.
    That's what I do and then in the morning I stick it in the microwave for a few minutes and then add in milk. Simple!

• Advertisement

lil kc wrote: »
    Could anyone take a stab at PP value for half chicken caeser wrap and a large choc rice crispie square from Avoca for me pretty please?:confused:

oh sounds amazing! for the wrap i would give it 6 or 7 pp and about 8 for crispie sq - they are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

huggiebear wrote: »
    Had my WI today and was down 2lbs which brings me to my gold weight!!:D

11 stone 4 is my goal and i havent been that weight in about 8 yrs so very very happy. I Lost a total of 24lbs this time round since the middle of Jan and PP really suits me as i love fruit and veg!!! This site has been so valuable to me and ye all kept me going with your receipes and stories!! MANY MANY THANKS. Will log on everyday still cause now i have to keep it off and not slip back into my old habits:mad:

Done baking yesterday and all horrible. WW chocolate scones (horrible) and chocolate and orange brownies (nothing like the real ones!!!). Going to make the banana bread and the tea brack tomorrow:cool:

For my soup i put 1teaspoon of olive oil into pot and throw in carrots, onions, leeks, butternut squash,celery and 1 or 2 small potatoes. Chop them all up and saute with lid on over a very low heat for abt 15 mins then add one or 2 stock cubes wth boiling water and simmer for abt 10mins or so, add plenty of black pepper and some salt and then puree it. Yest i put in a chopped chilli and must say it give it a lovely kick. I point it at about 2pp per bowl which is on the generous side. It keeps in the fridge for five days or so.

Aw congratulations on reaching gold! Delighted for you!!! It's a great achievement!

Monife wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah I am definitely going to get decent runners. After wearing crap ones, and decent ones (that just don't suit me, Nike), I definitely know I need a good pair. Also, with taking up jogging recently, definitely need a good pair. Yeah I am not running on grass so need to take extra care. Going to ring Elvery's on Monday and see where I can book an appointment.

One plus, is that 50euro one4all voucher I won in work recently, I can use it in Elvery's. So will just have to put a bit of money to it myself.

I got a nice pair for walking/jogging - addidas response in lifestyle - 50e ........ very comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I find Littlewoods really good.
    I got all my fitness gear from them, including some weights and stuff.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for all the replies. Gonna try some tomorrow. Monife I reckon I'll be the same I don't think I'll like the texture of it but I haven't had it since I was a young child so want to try it.

Boxoff it's just the €15 for the whole week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Thanks for the scone points. Will break my hard, but they've got to go. Never realised I was using half my daily points on a scone and butter!

I think I need to get into this soup thing.

WI tonight - up 1.5 - am really really surprised. Been so good, apart from under-pointing the scones, but plenty of not used weeklies to cover the deficit. First week so far I've been up - pah. So came home and ate....a mini mars...pack of taytos....pack of snack a jacks...

Onwards and downwards tomorrow.

This thread keeps me going :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Only catching up on posts tonight!
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Flour
    Plain Flour (white) 10pp
    Plain Flour (wholemeal) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (white) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (wholemeal) 9pp

Sugar
    White 11pp
    Light Brown Sugar 11pp
    Dark Brown Sugar 11pp
    Caster Sugar 11pp
    Muscovado Sugar 11pp
    Demerara Sugar 11pp
    Icing Sugar 11pp

Chocolate
    Cocoa Powder 9pp
    Chocolate Chips, Plain 14pp
    Chocolate Chips, White 15pp
    Chocolate Chips, Dark 15pp

Extras
    Baking Powder 5pp
    Bicarbonate Soda 0pp
    Wheat Germ, Dried 10pp
    Wheat Bran, Dried 7pp
    Stork, Soft Butter (SB) 15pp
    Mixed Peel 7pp
    Glace Cherries 7pp
    Raisins 8pp
    Flaked Almonds 18pp

These are the most common baking ingredients...I'll leave the nuts up to your selfs cos i'd be here all night LOL flaked almonds the most common nuts used in cakes.

Thanks for the list Lainy!! I have a day off tomorrow and my eldest daughter will be in montessori so I think I will get the oven going! Get a walk in on the threadmill then make some WW friendly comfort food :)
    Elemis wrote: »
    Obviously adjust the toppings to suit your taste and your points, a little sliced up ham would be lovely too, one thing is the Lidl mozzarella isn't low fat but is delicious, I suppose you could use their grated Linessa cheese mix but I prefer mozzarella..

Enjoy!

Galtee ham is only 2PP for the whole pack of 5!! Bargain :)
    Lost 5.5 pounds this week and last week ( was at kylie missed weight in) now have lost a total of two stone since mid january

Well done boxoff....wish I had your willpower!! I was really struggling for a few weeks, have had a good week this week! Think I'm back on track :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI 2night....up 2.5 but my leader said that most of that was probably because i was at the morning class last week but the evening class 2night so realistlically i didnt change. Not too dissapointed really because my exercise was almost non existant last week!!
    Went to spinning after and pushed myself ridiculously hard....felt great after

Just had a lovely dinner of the lightly dusted haddock filets from aldi, it was devine and only 4pp!!! Had it with 150g of pasta (4pp) and some oven roasted veg(0pp)!!! Yum yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

STS tonight. Was relieved not to be up as I thought I would be, but disappointed in myself for not going down on my second week. I'm heading away with my boyfriend this weekend. Going down Friday after work so will save up points on Friday during the day and then booked in for dinner in the hotel on Friday night. Breakfast is included so both mornings am just going to have cereal instead of a fry, and I'm going to bring a packed lunch to have on the Saturday instead of getting a sandwich or having lunch out. Don't know yet what we'll be doing for dinner on Saturday night but I'll try my best to be as good as possible :o

STS tonight. Was relieved not to be up as I thought I would be, but disappointed in myself for not going down on my second week. I'm heading away with my boyfriend this weekend. Going down Friday after work so will save up points on Friday during the day and then booked in for dinner in the hotel on Friday night. Breakfast is included so both mornings am just going to have cereal instead of a fry, and I'm going to bring a packed lunch to have on the Saturday instead of getting a sandwich or having lunch out. Don't know yet what we'll be doing for dinner on Saturday night but I'll try my best to be as good as possible :o

That is some motivation girl!! That is one thing I cannot do without when staying in a hotel, is the buffet fry. Haven't stayed in a hotel since starting WW in November but will be going to the Marriot in Ashbourne for the OH birthday in April. I am going to try and be really good the day we have dinner so my dailies hopefully cover the dinner and then use some weeklies on the lovely fry!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Monife wrote: »
    That is some motivation girl!! That is one thing I cannot do without when staying in a hotel, is the buffet fry. Haven't stayed in a hotel since starting WW in November but will be going to the Marriot in Ashbourne for the OH birthday in April. I am going to try and be really good the day we have dinner so my dailies hopefully cover the dinner and then use some weeklies on the lovely fry!

I'm not actually that pushed on fries tbh, so it's not a huge effort, believe me :D The hardest thing will be staying away from the wine and sticking to vodka!

Did you get the Marriot on one of the beddeals/boardsdeals/citydeals things? I got one for €79 that I've to use before the end of June, 1 night in a deluxe suite with a full Irish breakfast (doh!) and late check out. Must book it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Rant1 wrote: »
    Hey, my girlfriends looking for a ponits list for chocolate bars. Anyone got anything like that?

She also wants to know does anyone know how many points are in a bag of chips from a chipper?

I want to know why she wont set up her own account ;)

Cheers

Chocs I've got so far... might help..

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/chocolate.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Lost the last 1.5lbs this evening to reach my goal weight of 10 stone. I was so thrilled when it came up on the screen, it's been a long time coming but thankfully, I weight 34lbs less today than I did this time last year.
    huggiebear wrote: »
    Had my WI today and was down 2lbs which brings me to my gold weight!!:D

Well Done huggiebear, it's such a great feeling isn't it, and meetings are freeeeeee from now on which is even sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

You get two weeks "holiday to use every 6 months as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

So I had my first weigh in since I joined last week. I am 3.5lbs down - so so delighted! I was a bit sceptic since I was a bit bold Friday night, but I have been cycling and playing fitness games on the Kinect which helps alot...

My partner(who joined to support me) is also down 1.5lbs so we are so happy. :)

We are having Chicken schezuan now, with boiled rice, and some brocolli thrown in - we have added a total of 16pp each for a fantastic dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Dreading wi tomorrow, was not even thinking about ww for last couple of weeks, only back on track since Sunday so will def be up :mad: ugghh

I'm not actually that pushed on fries tbh, so it's not a huge effort, believe me :D The hardest thing will be staying away from the wine and sticking to vodka!

Did you get the Marriot on one of the beddeals/boardsdeals/citydeals things? I got one for €79 that I've to use before the end of June, 1 night in a deluxe suite with a full Irish breakfast (doh!) and late check out. Must book it soon!

My mam bought it for the OH on City Deal. 1 night in deluxe room, prosecco on arrival, late checkout, breakfast and dinner (for 20per person supplement, which we are availing of).

Actually can't wait. Love going to hotels and me and the OH love the pools, always have great craic.

Wooo think I've finally had my "good day" thank god!

Feeling like me again lol. the buckets of water and porridge sorting me out at last i think. dont feel bloated and stuffy. Hopefully this is a start of a roll.

Feeling back in control...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

evening all,
    went to my first Zumba class tonight, great fun, sweated buckets!! my only prob is that its on from 8-9 and i dont get to eat until about 9.30-10:eek: I was starving so I flattened a chicken breast and chucked it on the george forman then dry fried mushers tomatoes and spring onions,not very exciting but it was delish! then again I would have eaten my arm!
    Well done on all the losses, my WI is tmr eve then off to spinning, think I'm getting addicted to this exercise lark! even if the scales isnt showing in my favour ( very slow loss) my clothes are, i measure myself every 4 weeks, will do it again tmr, I'm hoping for a few inches...fingers crossed..
    keep up the good work :)

shanasue wrote: »
    evening all,
    went to my first Zumba class tonight, great fun, sweated buckets!! my only prob is that its on from 8-9 and i dont get to eat until about 9.30-10:eek: I was starving so I flattened a chicken breast and chucked it on the george forman then dry fried mushers tomatoes and spring onions,not very exciting but it was delish! then again I would have eaten my arm!
    Well done on all the losses, my WI is tmr eve then off to spinning, think I'm getting addicted to this exercise lark! even if the scales isnt showing in my favour ( very slow loss) my clothes are, i measure myself every 4 weeks, will do it again tmr, I'm hoping for a few inches...fingers crossed..
    keep up the good work :)

I love my flattened chicken breasts in george foreman :D i spent 15 euro last week on a meat mallet for flattening them.....till now i've been using the hammer from the tool box (the chicken was plastic bag)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I love my flattened chicken breasts in george foreman :D i spent 15 euro last week on a meat mallet for flattening them.....till now i've been using the hammer from the tool box (the chicken was plastic bag)

i use the rolling pin\!!!!!!!

My weigh in is in the morning, and i've just cracked open my second bottle of vino - i am sooooooooooo fecked...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

WI at home tomorrow.hope i lost 3lbs as this would mean breaking 16st. not sure i've done it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Had a good day, made a gorgeous sweet chili beef stir fry for dinner. Had 200g of beef and one pack of noodles, and absolutely heaps of veg. Got dinner for himself & myself and with another pack of noodles it'll do lunch tomorrow too.

Thinking soup and salad for dinner tomorrow, have a notion for tomato & red pepper soup :)

Very determined to stay completely on track this week, want my stone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Holy s*** I've just worked out my points for yesterday and today, and now realise I am 13 pp over my weekly's, I genuinely cannot believe I have eaten 62 weekly points. I'm absolutely disgusted with myself and my wi is in the morning, really feel like not going,but I know that's not the answer either. The maximum amount of weekly's I've ever used are only about 15 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Lost the last 1.5lbs this evening to reach my goal weight of 10 stone. I was so thrilled when it came up on the screen, it's been a long time coming but thankfully, I weight 34lbs less today than I did this time last year.

Well Done huggiebear, it's such a great feeling isn't it, and meetings are freeeeeee from now on which is even sweeter.

Well done to you as well colliewobbles:DThat is such a great weight loss. Oh its a great feeling, i could have kissed the scales today:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement