Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

huggiebear wrote: »
    Well done to you as well colliewobbles:DThat is such a great weight loss. Oh its a great feeling, i could have kissed the scales today:o

I so can't wait to achieve what you both have, well done girls, be very proud of yourselves, you both have worked very hard I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

down 0.5 tonight - kinda disappointed as thought i only needed that to get my first stone off..turns out i need another one of them...grr!

anyhoo, just wondering this is my first big test since joining (4 weeks ago) i have my best friends birthday this weekend and it will involve going out for dinner (i think Italian) and drinks...plenty drinks i am guessing

just wondering does anyone have any idea for a decent thing to eat out? in Italian or Indian? i seen somethings but said i would ask the ladies and gents with experience...

also i mainly drink Coors lite ... is that 4 pp per bottle?
    my other love is vodka, soda and dash of lime...would that be 3pp or do i need to count for the soda and cordial?

thanks k

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lost the last 1.5lbs this evening to reach my goal weight of 10 stone. I was so thrilled when it came up on the screen, it's been a long time coming but thankfully, I weight 34lbs less today than I did this time last year.

Congratulations. I know it can be slow going sometimes, but so worth it in the end. And you did it before the warm weather, so think of all the lovely summer clothes you will be confident to wear this year that you couldn't last year (assuming that we get weather that is!)

Good luck to everyone with WI tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to read about all your great losses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

boxoff wrote: »
    oh sounds amazing! for the wrap i would give it 6 or 7 pp and about 8 for crispie sq - they are amazing!

Oh thanks so much, yep was worth every PP and had worked out in the morning and went for a long walk around powerscourt, so I do not have one bit of guilt ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

down 0.5 tonight - kinda disappointed as thought i only needed that to get my first stone off..turns out i need another one of them...grr!

anyhoo, just wondering this is my first big test since joining (4 weeks ago) i have my best friends birthday this weekend and it will involve going out for dinner (i think Italian) and drinks...plenty drinks i am guessing

just wondering does anyone have any idea for a decent thing to eat out? in Italian or Indian? i seen somethings but said i would ask the ladies and gents with experience...

also i mainly drink Coors lite ... is that 4 pp per bottle?
    my other love is vodka, soda and dash of lime...would that be 3pp or do i need to count for the soda and cordial?

thanks k

If you're going for Italian, stay away from pizza at all costs. If you're having a pasta dish, Arabbiata is probably the best. No meat, and the sauce is just tomato and chilli, very tasty though. Italian starters probably aren't the best but if everyone else is having one it's hard not to order one too. Maybe suggest splitting one with someone?

I don't think there are any points in soda water, and if you're just having a dash of cordial then it wouldn't be much, but if you're having a few of these over the night they could add up to a PP or two (nothing too significant though).

Enjoy your night and congrats on nearly hitting your stone. Huge achievement in 4 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    WI at home tomorrow.hope i lost 3lbs as this would mean breaking 16st. not sure i've done it though

:D:D:D:D:D 3LBS Down -> Me now 15st13:cool:.

what a relief coz my previous 2 weeks I was only down 1LB in each week!!!

Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some advice on porridge. I've seen a few of you mention it and I think I need to try it to get the aul bowels moving (sorry :p) I haven't had it since I was a young child so not sure if I'll like it. I'm looking for a low point one that is nice and easy to make!! Thanks

I get the Flahavan's Quick Oats. They give you a scoop in the tub & you just put in two scoops, top with water and bung it in the mirco for 2 mins. Then I either put on some splenda or banana and top with skimmed milk. If I have extra points, I put on 2tsps golden syrup for an extra 1pp. Delish! Had it last night when I came home for the gym instead of going for a load of chocolate :)

I'm making the chicken mince tonight! Going to put it with WW Chilli Con Carne sauce. Hid it in the microwave to defrost so the OH wouldn't see it and be like "ugh what's that?!" Not going to tell him until his plate is clean :P Heehee!!!

Well after my dreadful week,I stayed the same, am very happy, just gonna be extra careful this week. Gonna get to gym at least 3-4 times and drink a load of water. Good luck to everyone with weigh in today!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!

Well done. I'm sure you're glad to say goodbye to the 16s!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Well done to you as well colliewobbles:DThat is such a great weight loss. Oh its a great feeling, i could have kissed the scales today:o

Well done to both of you guys, such a good feeling, cant wait to get there myself....

Have been doing the PP now for 3 weeks, an had the WI last night...
    WI 1 - 3lbs
    WI 2 - STS
    WI 3 - +2lbs

I have done the points system before and lost 28lbs on it, PP doesnt seem to be working for me at all, so frustrating, felt like packing it in last night. I dont know where I am going wrong, my leader isnt that informative either. I use my 29 pp and usually have 10 - 15 weeklies left each week. Also, I drink over 2 ltrs water per day and I run/walk 5 miles per day doing half in the morning and half in the evening. Its just so frustrating when you dont see results for your efforts....errrrrrrghhh. Sorry for the rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Well done to both of you guys, such a good feeling, cant wait to get there myself....

WI 1 - 3lbs
    WI 2 - STS
    WI 3 - +2lbs

I have done the points system before and lost 28lbs on it, PP doesnt seem to be working for me at all, so frustrating, felt like packing it in last night. I dont know where I am going wrong, my leader isnt that informative either. I use my 29 pp and usually have 10 - 15 weeklies left each week. Also, I drink over 2 ltrs water per day and I run/walk 5 miles per day doing half in the morning and half in the evening. Its just so frustrating when you dont see results for your efforts....errrrrrrghhh. Sorry for the rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Well done on all the losses!

I'm down just 1lb, a bit disappointing but still a loss however.. I'm now 12st 08lb so 1 stone 1 lb down in total :)

Ps my new favourite snack is table water crackers with 1 low low triangle, (lidl were selling them for 1 euro!) But according to the packet of Carrs crackers 6 crackers works out at 2 points! Seems like its too good to be true! 6 crackers, 1 triangle and 20g of ballymaloe jalapeno relish for 3.5pp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Elemis wrote: »
    Well done on all the losses!

I'm down just 1lb, a bit disappointing but still a loss however.. I'm now 12st 08lb so 1 stone 1 lb down in total :)

Ps my new favourite snack is table water crackers with 1 low low triangle, (lidl were selling them for 1 euro!) But according to the packet of Carrs crackers 6 crackers works out at 2 points! Seems like its too good to be true! 6 crackers, 1 triangle and 20g of ballymaloe jalapeno relish for 3.5pp!!
    there's no half points:) well done on the loss

Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!
    well done brilliant loss!!!!
    on the porridge thing,,i hate it but i love tesco own brand ready brek,,found i was starving after 30g so have upped it to 50g (5pp)for past few weeks make it with 250ml water and add in some frozen berries,,i love it keeps me going all morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

tantipie wrote: »
    there's no half points:) well done on the loss

Well there used to be, and I find that if I'm working out points for something that's 100g and then want to point a portion and it works out at 2.5 exactly, then whats the difference in including them!

bobbles87 wrote: »

WI 1 - 3lbs
    WI 2 - STS
    WI 3 - +2lbs

That's really disheartening, especially since you're obviously working so hard. Why don't you try going back to the old system for a few weeks and see if it's any better for you? Try not to lose faith, keep going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!

Ah, well done on getting to the 15's - hoping I do it next week!!!
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I get the Flahavan's Quick Oats. They give you a scoop in the tub & you just put in two scoops, top with water and bung it in the mirco for 2 mins. Then I either put on some splenda or banana and top with skimmed milk. If I have extra points, I put on 2tsps golden syrup for an extra 1pp. Delish! Had it last night when I came home for the gym instead of going for a load of chocolate :)

I'm making the chicken mince tonight! Going to put it with WW Chilli Con Carne sauce. Hid it in the microwave to defrost so the OH wouldn't see it and be like "ugh what's that?!" Not going to tell him until his plate is clean :P Heehee!!!

I love the deception Shoe Lover....I'd do the exact same thing hehe ;)

Not long back from WI and was down 2lb...was happy enough but bit annoyed with myself for getting 2 takeaways (even tho they were within my PP)! I need to start making better food choices - I want to do it properly this time!!

This week I am kicking it up a notch - or 10 - and really going for it!! Going to get 15 mins in on threadmill in the mornings and then another 15 - 20 mins in the evening and me and OH are getting the Wii back in action...We get so competitive when we play it and it's so much fun!!

We've decided that rather than get "bad" food in moderation throughout the week we're going to have a binge night (within reason, of course) on Saturday night! Going to get a takeaway and some microwave popcorn and watch a movie with DD's - get mother's day off to an early start!!

Keep up the good work everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Not long back from WI and was down 2lb...was happy enough but bit annoyed with myself for getting 2 takeaways (even tho they were within my PP)! I need to start making better food choices - I want to do it properly this time!!

This week I am kicking it up a notch - or 10 - and really going for it!! Going to get 15 mins in on threadmill in the mornings and then another 15 - 20 mins in the evening and me and OH are getting the Wii back in action...We get so competitive when we play it and it's so much fun!!

We've decided that rather than get "bad" food in moderation throughout the week we're going to have a binge night (within reason, of course) on Saturday night! Going to get a takeaway and some microwave popcorn and watch a movie with DD's - get mother's day off to an early start!!

2lb is great, I'd be delighted with that!
    I've only lost more than one pound ONCE since I went to propoints.

Mmmmm microwave popcorn. We do that every weekend too. :D

well done!!! you should try aldi's 9 pack of popcorn,,it's a fine size bag of popcorn for 3pp at least that way you know what your having without having to weigh it;)

• Advertisement

tantipie wrote: »
    well done!!! you should try aldi's 9 pack of popcorn,,it's a fine size bag of popcorn for 3pp at least that way you know what your having without having to weigh it;)

Oh I think i'll have to go to Aldi now and get the popcorn!!

Just thinking, I might make some of the toberlone cookies / blondies for our binge night - I can feel like I'm indulging but not doing too much damage!!

The last week I've swapped coke for Pepsi Max - I wouldn't drink coke regularly anymore (more so just on WI night when we get takeaway afterwards) but we were working out the other day just by drinking 1l of coke with our food we were adding like 15 PP and it's not worth it!! I never thought I'd pick Pepsi over Coke...people can change ha!!

Oh I think i'll have to go to Aldi now and get the popcorn!!

Just thinking, I might make some of the toberlone cookies / blondies for our binge night - I can feel like I'm indulging but not doing too much damage!!

The last week I've swapped coke for Pepsi Max - I wouldn't drink coke regularly anymore (more so just on WI night when we get takeaway afterwards) but we were working out the other day just by drinking 1l of coke with our food we were adding like 15 PP and it's not worth it!! I never thought I'd pick Pepsi over Coke...people can change ha!!

I love Coke but I've cut it out completely :( The thing is, I don't like any diet fizzy drinks at all. Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max...all horrible to me. Lucozade is another downfall, I think I have a borderline addiction! I sometimes have it when I'm hungover, but I used to sometimes drink a bottle a day so cutting down to once a week at the most has been tough.

The only non-alcoholic drink I really drink now is water. I always drank a good bit of water but now that it's practically the only thing I'm drinking, and now that I'm drinking a lot more of it, I can see improvements in my skin and my appetite is down. I think my colleagues are wondering why I'm going to the loo every hour though...(I've a tiny bladder :o)

I love Coke but I've cut it out completely :( The thing is, I don't like any diet fizzy drinks at all. Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max...all horrible to me. Lucozade is another downfall, I think I have a borderline addiction! I sometimes have it when I'm hungover, but I used to sometimes drink a bottle a day so cutting down to once a week at the most has been tough.

The only non-alcoholic drink I really drink now is water. I always drank a good bit of water but now that it's practically the only thing I'm drinking, and now that I'm drinking a lot more of it, I can see improvements in my skin and my appetite is down. I think my colleagues are wondering why I'm going to the loo every hour though...(I've a tiny bladder :o)

I'm the same with most diet drinks too - We could never tell the difference between 7up and diet 7up and we always went for the diet but if i have normal 7up now i hate it...it's madness!! I love the lemon lucozade!! God it's yum but very rarely buy it now, don't think I've had it since starting PP in January!!

I'm not a water fan at all, but i go through phases of loving my diluted drinks and then i won't have it for a day or 2 and am brutal again!! Life is tough :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Chocolate Fudge [URL="javascript:AddToMyFavorites()"]icon_fav.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:AddToMyFavorites()"]Favourites[/URL] [URL="javascript:PrintPage()"]icon_print.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:PrintPage()"]Print[/URL] [URL="javascript:SendToAFriend()"]icon_email.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:SendToAFriend()"]Email[/URL] ChocolateFudge_n_lg.jpgspace.gif

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    15 min
    Cooking Time:
    10 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy

A little indulgence is good for you - in strict moderation!

Ingredients

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled 175 g Sugar, Caster, golden 1 can(s) (small) Milk, Evaporated, (170g) 25 g Butter 350 g Chocolate, Plain, dark, broken into pieces 100 g Marshmallows, white Instructions
    • Spray an 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin with low fat cooking spray.

• Put the sugar, evaporated milk and butter into a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring up to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for 4 minutes, stirring all the time.

• Add the chocolate and marshmallows to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.

• Pour into the prepared tin and leave until cold. Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

numbernerd wrote: »
    Chocolate Fudge [URL="javascript:AddToMyFavorites()"]icon_fav.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:AddToMyFavorites()"]Favourites[/URL] [URL="javascript:PrintPage()"]icon_print.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:PrintPage()"]Print[/URL] [URL="javascript:SendToAFriend()"]icon_email.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:SendToAFriend()"]Email[/URL] ChocolateFudge_n_lg.jpgspace.gif

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    15 min
    Cooking Time:
    10 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy

A little indulgence is good for you - in strict moderation!

Ingredients

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled 175 g Sugar, Caster, golden 1 can(s) (small) Milk, Evaporated, (170g) 25 g Butter 350 g Chocolate, Plain, dark, broken into pieces 100 g Marshmallows, white Instructions
    • Spray an 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin with low fat cooking spray.

• Put the sugar, evaporated milk and butter into a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring up to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for 4 minutes, stirring all the time.

• Add the chocolate and marshmallows to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.

• Pour into the prepared tin and leave until cold. Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

These look YUM....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Whats the best bet in a chinese it used to be sweetcorn soup and chow mein with pp im not so sure
    Asked leader last night and she didn't no..... doesn't eat chinese apparently.....
    SO NOT HELPFUL:eek:

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Whats the best bet in a chinese it used to be sweetcorn soup and chow mein with pp im not so sure
    Asked leader last night and she didn't no..... doesn't eat chinese apparently.....
    SO NOT HELPFUL:eek:

SkinnyDoll has loads of Chinese and other foods pointed on her blog :)

That chocolate fudge sounds fabulous,thank you numbenerd. Is evaporated milk the same as condensed milk? And just wondering do you reckon milk chocolate would be ok to put in? Sorry am a complete novice when it comes to baking and cooking!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

m'lady wrote: »
    That chocolate fudge sounds fabulous,thank you numbenerd. Is evaporated milk the same as condensed milk? And just wondering do you reckon milk chocolate would be ok to put in? Sorry am a complete novice when it comes to baking and cooking!

No condensed milk is thicker and has been sweetned. I jus always use milk choh in baking but i read somewhere that dark choc (around 60% cocoa) ia actualy more suitable and best used in baking....something to do with the milk in the milk choc. I dont like dark choc normaly but in baking u dont really notice it that much....it seems tO lose some of the bitterness. If your worried mayb only try using a 50-60% cocoa solids choc!

• Advertisement

Danii86 wrote: »
    No condensed milk is thicker and has been sweetned. I jus always use milk choh in baking but i read somewhere that dark choc (around 60% cocoa) ia actualy more suitable and best used in baking....something to do with the milk in the milk choc. I dont like dark choc normaly but in baking u dont really notice it that much....it seems tO lose some of the bitterness. If your worried mayb only try using a 50-60% cocoa solids choc!

Cool thanks Dani, another quick one, where would you find that milk in supermarket?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement