Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight! Dunno how it's going to go tbh! Have not been particularly good this week & it's TOTM too :( I think I only need -0.5lb to get to 10% which I'd really like to get to but at the same time, I think if I STS, I'd be ok with that, I just don't want to be up!

Quick Q, folks: I'm making a pasta dish tonight that requires spinach. They didn't have any spinach in the shop last night so I got a bag of rocket instead. Do you think it would make much difference if I used it instead of the spinach?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Rocket is a pretty strong flavour but delicious too. Maybe put it in at the end so it doesn't get too wilted

What are you making? I love spinach & rocket as it happens:D

Thanks Brightstar! I'm making penne pasta with a mushroom & spinach (Rocket) Sauce. It's a recipe from my cookery class that I started on Monday. I'll post the recipe later on when I have it pointed correctly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

oh please do..sounds delish..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Not such a good week!!

I love watching your videos. You have such a positive attitude & have done so well so far. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

went on a bit of a binge last nite:(... after dinner i still had 12 pp left over so i wasted every single one of them on chocolate and crisps:o... i no i didn go over my points but still not good... hoping this week to not use my weeklies for the first time to see if it makes a difference.. i want to be down 5 piunds in next two weeks so i get my 2nd stone:).. fingers crossed... hope everyones week going ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

so far so good....looks like my weight is staying the same this week....which is fine....cos i just do not have time to be worrying about scales with so much going on...so as long is it doesnt go UP i'll be fine

Starting my own business from home
    Getting through the next month of college & exams
    learning to drive....and paying for lessons, insurance, ect ect

Plus my shoulder still not right so will probably have to fork out for 2 or 3 physio treatments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

OMG was up 3 pounds last night but totally deserved it!! so felt like a big fat FRAUD when she told me i was now a gold member and will collect my card at the next class!!

i literally went over my points by 30+ last 4 days and did no exercise so i deserve every pound plus more!! evening snacking is killing me.....i can get off couch to exercise but leaving to buy biscuits and choc is easy!

today i am back motivated and i mean it this time....biscuits are my enemy and fruit and sugar free jelly my new best friends!!

walk or gym every night so ill be proud to accept my card next week!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

down 1lb today 1 more to goal:Dwell done everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Good luck to all those weighing in today.

@tantipie...congrats! Your soo close. Good luck for next week.

@Dubsgirl you made me laugh...your hardly a gold member fraud! I'd say maintenance is difficult tho, because it's so easy to say I've achieved my goal, I know how this game works and relax a little.
    I am determined to weigh in at least once a month, if I ever get to goal. Just so I never let it get out of hand again.

I heard on the radio this morning that a quarter of all Irish men are obese and something like 21 or 22% of women. My heart sank when I heard that, because I was thinking I'm that stastic. But I'm working hard not to be a stastic anymore.

As I'm off take-aways for lent, I made my own fast food last night.
    100g Oven chips, 2/3 tablespoons of grated cheese and 2 tablespoons of ex light mayo. I added the cheese as soon as I took the chips out of the oven so it was a little bit gooy.
    It was delish...was kinda like reverse psychology...felt like I was being bolder than I actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone. Well done on all the losses since I last posted. Haven't been able to go through all the pages so am just going to start from here.:D
    Someone posted a chicken in filo pastry recipe a while back and I made it yesterday, tweaked it a little as I made it for four people but it was fantastic!! So so tasty. And I also have made the choc chip cookies a couple of times and everyone loves them. So thanks girls!!:)
    I won't make a WI this week at all with my hours in work but am definitely going to be good and not feel like I have a free pass.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Does anyone have any tips on making the BNS chips? I've tried them a few times but they're never quite right.

Also, had a great find in tesco the other day the Donegal catch cod is only 5pp! Although be careful if you're buying it as I pointed the plaice too and that was 10pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey hope someone can help me,can't do a proper search off my phone and I'm in work. What are the bars in Aldi that are low in pp? Can't remember name and I'm hoping to do some shopping later!

kateos2 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips on making the BNS chips? I've tried them a few times but they're never quite right.

Also, had a great find in tesco the other day the Donegal catch cod is only 5pp! Although be careful if you're buying it as I pointed the plaice too and that was 10pp!
    i don't peel them,,just wash them cut it up fire into microwave for a few mins to speed up the cooking time,,then spray with frylight and into hot oven,,i'm not a lover of them and havent had them for months but for 0pp you can't go wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey hope someone can help me,can't do a proper search off my phone and I'm in work. What are the bars in Aldi that are low in pp? Can't remember name and I'm hoping to do some shopping later!

Aldi have these things called Sun Rice. They are in a yellow packet and they are medium sized squares of chocolate with puffed rice in them and are 2PP.

Monife wrote: »
    Aldi have these things called Sun Rice. They are in a yellow packet and they are medium sized squares of chocolate with puffed rice in them and are 2PP.
    oh must keep an eye out for these,,i really wish we had a section just for shopping lists and another for recipes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

m'lady wrote: »
    I seriously need to start tracing during the day as in when I eat my meals,rather than at the end of each day. Am still fairly motivated but just not planning enough. This week I intend on making a few changes to get the scales moving in the right direction!

This is me in a nutshell!! I usually do my shopping on a Friday morning when I'm off so by the following Thursday the house is fairly low on food - I ended up getting a meal deal in Boots today for my lunch. Pointed the sambo there on 2 different websites and it's coming in as 8PP on one and 11PP on the other....i defo need to plan ahead more!!
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    so far so good....looks like my weight is staying the same this week....which is fine....cos i just do not have time to be worrying about scales with so much going on...so as long is it doesnt go UP i'll be fine

Starting my own business from home
    Getting through the next month of college & exams
    learning to drive....and paying for lessons, insurance, ect ect

Plus my shoulder still not right so will probably have to fork out for 2 or 3 physio treatments

What business you setting up Lainy??
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Well done on all the losses since I last posted. Haven't been able to go through all the pages so am just going to start from here.:D
    Someone posted a chicken in filo pastry recipe a while back and I made it yesterday, tweaked it a little as I made it for four people but it was fantastic!! So so tasty. And I also have made the choc chip cookies a couple of times and everyone loves them. So thanks girls!!:)
    I won't make a WI this week at all with my hours in work but am definitely going to be good and not feel like I have a free pass.:o

Delighted you posted this - I was going to do the chicken & filo and the cookies over the weekend so am definitely going to try them now with the positive feedback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh dear, does anyone know how many PP are in a tin of WW spaghetti? I threw the tin out and brought the bin bag out to the wheely bin and don't fancy digging it! The reason I threw it out was because it's got the old points on it, so I knew I was eating 3 points for the whole tin, but forgot about checking the propoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi everyone!
    Was at WI this morning, up 0.5 which is not bad, considering it was such a bad week. Im just after my 8pp lunch and Ive got 2 litres of water beside me, feeling good for the week ahead! Hope last week doesn't catch up on me though thats all..

"i don't peel them,,just wash them cut it up fire into microwave for a few mins to speed up the cooking time,,then spray with frylight and into hot oven,,i'm not a lover of them and havent had them for months but for 0pp you can't go wrongsmile.gif"

Bought my first BNS yesterday..gonna try the chips tonight!!

• Advertisement

Oh dear, does anyone know how many PP are in a tin of WW spaghetti? I threw the tin out and brought the bin bag out to the wheely bin and don't fancy digging it! The reason I threw it out was because it's got the old points on it, so I knew I was eating 3 points for the whole tin, but forgot about checking the propoints!
    5pp:D

kateos2 wrote: »

I make them once or twice a week, haven't had normal chips since Jan - bar one or two that I robbed off the OH's plate :P I crank my oven up as far as it will go (250), then I chop my BNS in half, deseed it and bung one half in the oven, flat side down. I leave it in there while the oven heats up ~5mins, then take it out, let it cool for about 2 mins, then skin it, dice it up. Spray a baking tray with cooking spray, put on my BNS, spray the top of it and bang it in the oven for about 35 mins, turning once! DELISH :D:D:D:D

Tried the chicken mince last night! Was grand. OH didn't even notice, he tought it was turkey mince but he didn't blink an eye when I sat it in front of him and his plate was empty when he was finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Delighted you posted this - I was going to do the chicken & filo and the cookies over the weekend so am definitely going to try them now with the positive feedback!!

I just used mushrooms,fresh garlic and parsley in mine, instead of all the veg and I would recommend you cut up the triangle of cheese and scatter it as the cheese melted and stayed in the one spot. Oh Id eat it again now, yummy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey its 3pp for half the tin so 6 altogether.. i had some yesterday:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just had my WI up 2lbs. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, i'm glad I came now. Going to get myself motivated to get back on track properly this week. Not sure if i'll be up to much exercise yet but i'll try and gradually build it up again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone can help me, I've just been given a box of Lindt chocolate orange thins, (the orange box of 200g that you get in airports etc) and i was wondering how on earth I am going to point them?? I've had 2 already they are my absolute favourite.

Maybe someone would know?

Monife wrote: »

Finally found those Sun rice things....they are quite dense...i'd find it kinda tough to scoff a packet of them :D

I also stocked up on satin crunch crisps..

picked up some GORGEOUS looking pizzas in aldi, 9pp for half, 22pp the whole thing.

BRAND: CARLOS - Specially Selected

Primovera Italian Stone Baked Pizza....its chicken & ham with rocket and peppers....it looks drop dead devine!

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey its 3pp for half the tin so 6 altogether.. i had some yesterday:p

Big tins 400g is 5pp, small tins 200g 3pp

half a big tin = a small tin,

What business you setting up Lainy??

Dog Grooming from home, I'm studying animal care in college at the moment, no jobs out there at the moment, I dont expect to actually make any money out of this...but It will give me experience...and look good on the CV and get my name known in those industry...lol my aunt has alot of horses...and knows lots of people with horses...so I'll wash horses too LOL

Its something to keep me busy for the summer and its extra practice, hopefully little bit of extra cash in back pocket...which I'm going to need!

Its more a "project" than a business....but still alot of work and expenses getting equipment...

I know my self i need something to distract me and keep me occupied....or i'll become obsessed with my weight.....and have another melt down. lol boredom = eating! and believe it or not....washing and grooming a dog....you would work up a sweat...your talking 3 or 4 hours PER DOG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Going to rejoin the gym on saturday, finding it hard to stay on track and even missed my meeting this morning.
    I am also going to change the way I track, I track from thursday to thursday but having the weekend at the start of my ww is really srcewing up my head. So from this week I am gonna try tracking from monday to monday.

As I have said before I am really finding it difficult to get into my stride with the plan, even to the exent of avoiding this thread cos I felt like a fraud!!!!!!

However I am determined to keep at it and hopefully these two changes will kick start my rountine.

A very big well done to those who hit their goals big and small this week .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement