Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone

The tracker I use is http://points.ogo.ms/

Its more or less spot on :)

How are we all? i did a 7k walk last night! i was wrecked after!

Does anyone know how many bonus points i got?

x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone,

Had weigh in this morning and down 2lb, thats 2st 6lb now altogether, delighed! :D

Congrats to everyone that lost and actually even if you gained! At the end of the day you are still trying and are attending WW and thats an achievment in itself!! ;)

Good luck! Hope you all have a fantastic week!!

lots2lose; you need your weight, duration of activity and also level of effort to calculate the bonus points if you post in on here or pm it to me I will calcualte for you. But to be honest I wouldn't even bothering calculating it incase you are tempted to eat them! Just bank them and it will help your weightloss!

J xx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hopefully tonight will go well!!!!! Last week I was down 4lbs so not expecting too much for week 2, but I'd love to be down something anyway!

Was down another 1.5lbs. Was very happy indeed!!!!!!

exercise.png

[

Thanks Jacqui and Congrats on the weightloss!

My last weigh in i was 14st 10.5 i did 1 hr 30 mins and it was a power walk
    I walked roughly 6-7k

Im weighing in on Saturday i'm hoping for a big loss! xx

Thanks!!

We're nearly the same weight, I weighed in at 14st 9lb this morning! Makes a big difference from 17st 1lb!! I'm very happy this week!

Ok well there is diff intensity levels that also contribute to working out the activity points so I'll list all three for you.

Intensity level / Breathing/ Sweating / Talking/ Singing

low / Regular / no / yes/ yes
    moderate / Often and deep/ After 10mins/ yes / no
    high / Rapid and deep / After 3-5mins/ briefly/ no

so you would have earned the following depending on the level;

Low- 4.5points
    Moderate- 6points
    High- it doesn't go up this high!! for 30mins its 5points so im guessing 15 but i think that would be a very high level of exercise not sustainable for that long maybe thats why its not an option!!

Hope that makes sense and helps! You should get the information to work this out yourself at Week3 in WW.

J xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

can anybody tell me how i get one of those ticker thingys onto my posts. id really like somethin like that so i can get a visual of my weigh dropping!!:D

Thanks Jwacqui!

im trying not to count my bonus points but its good to know incase i'm bold! i find whats helping loads is not boozing im a divil for the drink so abstaining deffo has me less bloated! fingers crossed :) xxx

Just go to http://www.tickerfactory.com and set one up and it will give you an url thingy to put in your signature.

Then you can update it on the site and it will automatically update on your signature!

J xx

thank you gonna try that now !!!i think seeing it go down might give me a bit of a boost!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

lots2lose wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many bonus points i got?

hi lots2lose

the best way to calculate your bonus points is to buy a pedometer from your meeting. i know it seems pricey but they're worth their weight in gold! i think the slide doesn't accurately give you your bonus points & you can be earning too many on it!

hope this helps a little bit.

• Advertisement

i think what jwacqui is right about banking your extra activity points. i dont bother to use mine as i know ill only give in and eat something i shouldnt and then end up undoing all my hard work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tscul32 wrote: »
    Just be careful with pointing things like your takeaways. Even your portion will probably be different size, so there's no guarantee that your chow mein is exactly 8 or 9.5 pts (could be 11, could be 6)
    Yes, this is very important, the portions from chinese & indians are ridiculous.

I already made this post in the points thread a while ago.
    rubadub wrote: »
    I got a chicken korma with steamed basmati rice in "lets eat in". No values come with it so I will estimate them.

Rice was 310g, korma was 520g. I would estimate there was a small-medium chicken fillet in the korma, so say 120g cooked meat, which is around 120kcal per 100g, so 144kcal, not much fat. The sauce was quite rich with a lot of oil so I go for a similar rich decent brand supermarket one to compare. Lloyd grossman korma sauce 244kcal per 100g, 10g sat fat. So the remaining korma sauce was 400g (520-120), so 976kcal and 40g sat fat. The uncle bens ready cooked basmati 148kcal 0.5g sat fat. So 459kcal, 1.5g sat fat.

So in total 1579kcal and 41.5g sat fat. So using this http://points.ogo.ms/ I get 32.5 points. (all estimates of course)

This portion was actually not that big for a takeaway, usually in proper Indian takeaways I would get a much bigger portion. The cartons were square sort of American ones, which appeared small but held a lot, but you would get more in a typical Chinese takeaway, and more in the Indian.

And on singapore noodles.
    rubadub wrote: »
    I got a singapore chow mein last week, weighed 800g.
    I would estimate it at 250kcal per 100g though, this is comparing it to supermaret ready meals and the fact that the noodles are much denser, i.e. not boiled to death where they take up lots of water. A single pack of 80-100g dry supernoodles can be 550-600kcal. I would also conservatively estimate 5% fat since it was fried noodles & meat and quite oily, so 40g of fat, and 20g goes in my calculator. So using the same calculator I would estimate 33.5points.

The singapore noodles are usually listed as particularly low in points. I think a digital weighing scales is essential to any calorie/point counting.

I would recommend salter ones, this one is cheap
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8422996/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C12160029/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER+SCALE.htm

Many people eat chinese in stages, i.e. they might not pour the whole thing onto a plate, some eat from the carton, so they never fully realise just how much you really get, the rice is all compacted in, it fluffs up into huge portions.
    m'lady wrote: »
    Hey Im no mod, but Im sure you would be allowed to?
    Yes, linking or attaching is fine as long as it is not copyright material.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

oh dear, i have had a terrible week food wise and exercise wise.
    only got one workout in.

food wise - wedding on sat, so lots of wine!
    at a match on sun so lots of choc, plus chips to cure my hangover.
    yesterday went for a chinese with work crowd, and today pigged out on chocolates.

dont think am going to bother with weigh in tomorrow, i dont want to know!

will just get back on teh wagon again from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi All,

Feeling much better today, not going to let a chest and lung infection and a bucket of Anti-b's stop me this time!!!!!
    Well done to everyone who was down and if you were up put it behind you and move on:o:o

Today I did well....

2 weetabix and skimmed milk 4

Wholemeal pitta filled with chichen and salad (no dressing 4

apple, orange, diet coke 1.5

chicken casserole (WW recipe) baked potato 5

homemade banana and chocolate muffin 3

WW yogurt 1
    TOTAL POINTS 20.5

I am delighted with myself:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 0418161

Hi everyone

Like so many others I've been reading this thread for months and its really inspiring to see so many of you doing so well! I've being doing WW a year next week and it has been hard at times but worth the effort. I have lost 4 and a half stone. I reached goal just before Christmas and have lost another few pounds since then. Everything is going fine except for exercise. I used to go walking a few times a week up to a few months ago, but I've gotten a bit lazy:rolleyes: Anyone have any other advice exercise wise? I'm not putting back on the weight but I definitely felt better when I was moving more!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

I find the Davina McCall DVDs great for exercise, as I hate going to the gym!! I highly recommend the "high energy five" where you have the choice of 5 20min workouts, the aim is to do any 2 back to back - this adds great variety. Also the Super Body workout is really good.

Was extremely disappointed with Nell McAndrew’s Ultimate Challenge – Ultimate Results DVD, crap music and annoying instructor, but maybe that’s just my low tolerance level  Anyone else have any DVD recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Welcome to the newbies, Carolinesprings can't really add to the advice already given, its gr8 to see you stick it out through an illness, particularly as the oul taste buds tend to go askew when ur ill.

As for myself, -1lb this week. Which tbh am sort of ok with, even though I have been very good the last few weeks did sort of let loose over the weekend, tis the wicked drink, well thats my story and I'm sticking to it..........

Well done to all who have lost and chin up and good luck for the coming week

hey carolinesprings please please post or where did you find the receipe (spellling) for those homemade muffins and chicken casserole they sound lovely!!!!

fair play for sticking with it while your ill i hate that feeling when you just cannot be bothered so big congrats there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi All,

Hope your week is going well so far, I have my weigh in this evening:confused:, I had 1/2 pound of last week so im hoping for a bit more off this week. there just seems to be so much going on at the moment. I have the concert on saturday, my wedding anniversary next week and a hen the week after Im trying to save points but a few drinks at the weekend makes for very little left for any food pleasure.

Ah well just have to track as best I can and see what happens. congrats to all who have lost, best of luck to thoses of you that have weigh in's in the next few days and chin up to thoses who have put on, remember there is always next week thats the good thing about ww you can start freash again.

weight.png
    [/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone! Had WI last night, was down 4lbs and was delighted. That's after 2 weeks though because didn't go last week :o So down 9lbs now since I started back, but down 17.5lbs altogether, if you include my weight loss from last time. I'm only 5lbs away from the weight I was when I stopped going last time so I'm looking forward to getting past that mark and then getting my 2nd stone off. Because I lost the weight before and am still using the same card, my 7 doesn't flash up on the screen when I lose my 7lbs :( Lol. I asked my leader for my sticker anyway though because I took them off when I came back and found out I'd put up a stone!

I'm a bit worried about this week after a good WI. I have a night out on Friday night where I'll definitely be drinking. I'm going to try and not start drinking until late enough though, so that will limit how much I have. My friend's birthday is on Saturday and we're all going out for dinner. I was thinking of not drinking but we haven't had a girly night out in ages and would love a few glasses of wine and a natter with them so will just have to save loads of points during the week! Going to step up the exercise too, FINALLY starting the aqua aerobics tonight! I have been swimming and cycling the past week but am going to start pushing myself a lot more.

Hope everyone else gets on well! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi gang

had my WI last night and am down 1, was hoping for better but at least I'm on the right side of it now (was up 2 last week). Think I will have a good week this week, as no major events planned. I am hoping to meet a few friends on saturday night but thats it really. so I've no excuse not to get out for walks (even went walking in the rain last night - I try to walk / cycle to the weigh-ins - its a 7 km round trip. ) or for over eating. have enough food in the house to cook meals so won't have to go for takeaway / eating out.

12st4 now ... hope to reach 12st2 next week as that will be my 5% (a week behind schedule)

well done on the losses everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hi Im a newbie on this but reading all your threads are really inspiring! It really makes me determined to get myself in gear and really excersing and healthy eating! i would say my Big problem is the amount of food i eat i just dont know when to stop! :confused: I'm 24 years old i used to be just over 10 stone and was happy at that but it has started to creep up to 11 and a half stone and last time i weighted myself i was 11.11!!! :eek: im hoping that was just a very bad week!!! i think i need to start a food diary too! Anyways its great to read all yer stories and i hope that soon i will have a better story to tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello people how yas all gettin on...Well done on all the losses this week..

To my great surprise i stayed the same this week...my card wudn work so i had to use a temp but it just flashed up the info for last week so my leader, Michael, said i remained the same.!! Im delighted that i didn add to the 3lb gain last week..staying the same really has offered me a lifeline to snap back into things...trying to have a stress free week this week i no i can do it!! :D:D Im gettin back to the gym tonight and have a plan to go saturday and tuesday too..!! Working fri and sun so may not get much in..however with no car i find myself having to walk to get everywhere!! Just looking forward to gettin back into the gym its been almost 2weeks now!..Whooo hoping my positivity will last for week...take that on sat so im saving de oul points for that too..whoo cnt wait!!

Bring on the good week ahead to everyone...The weather meant to get better too and that can only be a good thing!!

Best of luck to all WI today/tamo!!

Onwards and Downwards!! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SmellyKelli

Hi all!

Well went back to weight watchers yesterday, been out of it for nearly 6 months!!
    I put on 6 lbs, not bad considering ive been eating so bad since ive left and im still half a stone lighter than when i first joined

Lets hpe day one goes well!!

Keep up the good work all!!

Kelli xx

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Shellybelly, well done. Sometimes a thing a simple as no gain is enough to turn things around, particularly if you feel in the back of your mind you might be up a bit.
    You have done should amazing work to achieve what you have so be proud and enjoy the you your supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Morning everyone! I did my first Aqua Aerobics class last night! (itsallboutme...were you there?!) I found it a lot easier than I thought and was actually a bit disappointed that it wasn't more strenuous even though I was pushing myself as hard as I could! I'm wondering is it really worth it or would I be better off doing a 45 minute swim instead? Anyone got any idea?!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi all, Had my weigh in last nite and I lost 2.5 ibs god I was delighted, I had been out for my sister's birthday and we went for a meal, I stayed away from the wine and drank vodka and diet coke instead had prawns for starter and beef terikae (sorry I cant spell it hope ye know what I mean) any way I have now lost half a stone and got my sliver 7 last nite so im now 10s 41/2 pounds and delighted. i choice 9 1/2 as my goal and ill see how I go after that.

Hope the rest of ye had good loses last nite and for the coming days. I have the concert on saturday and Im going to be really good this week the weight loss has but me in great form for keeping it up and hopefully ill continue to loss and be happy.:)

[img][/img]

weight.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiJxGDK/weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

After week away last week, my jeans wouldn't close comfortably, so being really good this week. Though my best mate arrived up last night with coccies to discuss her marriage issues! I made my hubbie eat most of them :-) Anyway feeling less bloated, and have first basketball match in 15 years tonight, terrified but hopefully it'll be fun.
    My birthday at the weekend and looking at the set menu I think I can make it work for me. Will need to exercise a lot, to cover everything, but if I'm the same as last weigh in next week I'll consider it a triumph.
    Well done to everyone doing so well, and those struggling, we'll get there in the end :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Hi everyone. Apologies if you've already had this idea but I haven't read the whole thread. Here's a great 0 points snack for when you're hungry but can't afford to spend your points.

Butternut Squash Chips

Preheat the oven to 210 degrees celcius.

You will need:

1 butternut squash
    Low calorie spray
    Rock salt

Microwave your squash for 3 minutes to soften it. Then peel it, de-seed it and cut it into chips. Lay on a baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast in a pre-heated oven for approx 45 minutes. They are done when they are crispy and browned at the egdes. Nutritious and yum!

• Advertisement

hi everyone!

been having a good week so far trying really hard since my 1lb up on tuesday.

ibarelycare... i was there last night was at the back over to the left as we were looking at the instructor!!!!
    i found last night a bit disappointing too it wasnt very energetic at all. all that stretching business with partners at the end she have never done before!
    i find monday nights are far better this moday just gone was really good its a different instructor and she had us doing chin ups at the bar behind where we were last night my arms are still a bit stiff from that!!!:eek::eek:

if you do stick wth it and decide to go ill be there monday night keep an eye for the black and white speedo cap:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement