Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hi everyone!

been having a good week so far trying really hard since my 1lb up on tuesday.

ibarelycare... i was there last night was at the back over to the left as we were looking at the instructor!!!!
    i found last night a bit disappointing too it wasnt very energetic at all. all that stretching business with partners at the end she have never done before!
    i find monday nights are far better this moday just gone was really good its a different instructor and she had us doing chin ups at the bar behind where we were last night my arms are still a bit stiff from that!!!:eek::eek:

if you do stick wth it and decide to go ill be there monday night keep an eye for the black and white speedo cap:D:D

:eek: I was right beside you! I was wearing a navy swimsuit & a blue & white stripey hat! I felt like such a loner because I was standing in the water for ages on my own at the start keeping my eye out for people in black & white stripey hats but didn't want to say anything to anyone for fear of looking like a weirdo :o I'm definitely going to give the Monday night a go, is it a different instructor?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

:D:D:D:D:D:Dwell give a me shout monday so black and white cap, black suit green and pink straps!!!!!

yeah its a different girl on monday nights i find her much better tbh. she uses water bottles as hand weights to work our arms and it kills (well it kills me anyway!!:eek:). she also has us holding the wall and kicking our legs like you would if you were learning to swim that also kills it feels like your legs ware gonna drop off (well mine do anyway!!:eek:). and like i said monday just gone she had us doing chin ups as well. overall i find her classes much more energetic and i feel like im getting more out of it than i would from the wednesday night but im determined to do both as ts better than what i was doing!!!!

I'll definitely say hi to you the next day, I'm Niamh btw :)

Looking forward to Monday night's class now! Might end up doing the Monday class and just go swimming on Wednesdays instead, I'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

cool see ya there so!!!!!!im barbara (babs):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Wish me luck rejoining WW tonight and not looking forward to the weigh in. I have had a good week and feel very motivated. Have promised myself a treat tonight (coke) and back on track tomorrow;)
    Will let you all know how I get on:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

good luck caroline, if u have been good it should show, at least u kno u won't have any gains

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Shellybelly, well done. Sometimes a thing a simple as no gain is enough to turn things around, particularly if you feel in the back of your mind you might be up a bit.
    You have done should amazing work to achieve what you have so be proud and enjoy the you your supposed to be

Hi there feline feelins...thanks so much for your comment you are completely right and i really am proud of myself sometimes i still cant see the new me fully but i will enjoy it as much as pos ;)... Day one went well hoping to have a good day two as well..!!

Thanks again..means alot :)xx

Re-joined WW last night and was about a stone and a half more than I expected so not feeling great today. Going to take it 1ib at a time and have set my first goal of a stone. Feel so bad I just want to sit down and cry. This has just knocked me.
    Has this happened to any of you guys and how did you deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi carolinespring,

Yep I think it has happened to most of us! I lost over 2and a half stone with weightwatchers before and left. When I went back I had put back on over 3stone!!! :eek: I was shocked, horrified, embarrassed etc...
    But you just need to put that all that behind you and put your positive enthusiastic hat on! You can do it and look at it as a new fresh journey and forget the past as thats what it is!
    At least you are tackling the problem now and aren't waiting another year when the problem will be worse.
    Feel better about yourself.
    Good luck!!! :D

Jacqui x

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Don't worry about it Caroline, when I re-joined I was also a stone up from the last time I weighed in. But you have now made the positive step to changing all that and just think it's all down from now on :D From reading your posts you have a great attitude and you'll soon see the changes for the better. Very best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

down 3.5lb last night thank god as I put on 2lb last week so was trying to be so good to not put on again! this has given the the kick to keep going. I was finding it slow with loss of

week 1 -1.5
    week 2 -1.5
    week 3 -1
    week 4 =2
    week 5 -3.5

althought got a lend of a manual treadmill which is awful hard - it is on a very steep slope and you have to work hard to keep it going on a pace. out with the treadmill watching the soaps every night and hopefully will loose another 3lb next week also. have 2 stone to loose so the more the merrier!

Hi caroline i no hpw u feel this was my third time to join ww and i had put on at least 2 stone from the last time...its awful it really is but as jwacqui says your on the right path. U know what you have to do and ur prepared to work to get it... You are brill to be startin the ww journey and this thread will defo help you along the way ;);)

Day two went well slightly over points wise...but got hour in gym that hadn planned so feeeling happy bout the week so far..Have mad day tamo drink n food wise but gonna try and pick the good options and see what happens...

Have a great weekend everyone!! :D

Thanks Mb3 and Shellybelly,

Yesterday I just felt awful and in the end grapped my wonderful husband and hit the cocktail bar. god, I downed cosmo's like there was no tomorrow. Came home very late and had a major cry on my husbands shoulder and to day back on track. Did the shopping and have all my meals planned and pointed out for the week. Also arranged to go to Aqua fit on monday and friday with a friend, Have also asked my husband to come walking with me on tue and thur. Have a dinner thing on wed in a asian resturant. Any ideas what would be good to eat starter/main?
    I REALLY FEEL I CAN DO THIS.....
    how did you guys get on over the weekend?:):):)

hi all hope your all having a good weekend!!

i had been so good all week and think i kind of blow it yesterday:mad:. went to eddies rockets for lunch before take that concert.then after the concert had copious amounts of alcohol:mad:.

the only thing im trying to make myself feel better about is the fact that eddies is really about the only thing i ate all day had chicken tenders and a few chips! and now im trying to make up for it today by drinking copious amounts of water but that is mostly because i cannot stomach any food:rolleyes::D.

anyway ill be working extra hard at aqua fit tomorrow night and hopefully there wont be too much damage done:D

hope you all had a good weekend best of luck for the week ahead;)

Was doing gr8 till fri aith both food n exercise. took a sneak peek at the scales -4, got a little over excited and had a drink, then another, well long story short I had a little slip up. Everyone knows what I'm taking about.................. So, back to basics again. One thing I need to know folks, I have been making air popped pop corn of an evening as a filler and it has stopped the nibbles during the day too, how are these pointed, as I said they r air popped so I'm hoping ur gonna say o points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi FF,

Says in the weightwatchers book that for a 25g portion of airpopped popcorn there is 1.5points.
    So I'd be carefull about that! Definately not 0 points!!
    Hope that helps!

;)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi FF,

Says in the weightwatchers book that for a 25g portion of airpopped popcorn there is 1.5points.
    So I'd be carefull about that! Definately not 0 points!!
    Hope that helps!

;)

yikes :mad: 1.5 points !!! I'm Hoping that is 25g unpopped, back to the books again.
    Thanks

God another write off of a weekend :o Was doing so well all week but had two heavy nights out at the weekend and it was just a disaster! I was very hungover on Saturday and didn't really eat anything all day, then was out for dinner that night for my friend's birthday. Decided since I hadn't had anything all day, I'd let myself have what I wanted off the menu! Add to that an awful lot of wine...:rolleyes: Another hangover yesterday led to more food including a Chinese :o:o:o Disgusted at myself!! Aqua aerobics tonight, I'm wrecked after the weekend but am going to work my ar*e off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend.. I went to WW on Saturday and was down 4.5lbs! I'm delighted I was feeling really demotivated but now i feel like im back on track gonna keep up the walking and aqua for the week and hopefully I will get my first silver 7 on Saturday :)

The weekend was dodgy though had lots of beers and some wine too so will need an extra hard push for this week! Not drinking for 2 weeks really made a difference I think and I had the worst hangover ever yesterday!

xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Anybody have the points list for icecreams. Thanks

• Advertisement

Had a really good day yesterday. Went out for dinner but was very careful about what I ate. doing really good today (so far) have my bag packed to go to aqua fit tonight, Really looking forward to it.:)
    Anyone know how many points in a 99?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

I'm starting afresh, again, with Weight Watchers. I lost nearly a stone earlier in the year and would love to lose another seven pounds in total.

I think I may have done ok so far today but it is very hard to tell. Breakfast was 30g of Cornflakes with semi skimmed milk and half a teaspoon of sugar

Lunch was from a deli-bar so it was lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, half a slice of ham, a tiny portion of noodles with 2 bits of green peppers and a tablespoon or so of coleslaw. I just also had an aero filled egg there too.

How many points would you say is in that in total? Its hard to figure out some of the stuff from the deli. Im gonna guess, in total today Im at 10.

Hopefully I will have a better end to the day than start!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

It was mentioned last week at a meeting- can't remember exactly but something scary like 8 or 9 -sorry

Hi peoples looks like we all had a bit of a mad weekend...my thursn fri were reallly good with exercise too den sat had a hectic day with lots beer n foodies and den yday i had lots choc to cure my hangover...:(:(... aint the first time n doubt itll be the last :D:D

So im back to basics today..off work so doin a bit at home off to gym for the evenin looking forward to it...thinkin of doin the weights class too... will try n be really good til weds n wi!! I really want to lose the 1.5lb i put on to get back to the 4 stone..have another occassion this weekend with people i aint seen in a while an really wanta feel good bout it!!

Welcome back saucy suzie... i no what ya mean about delis... i say your breakfast was 3 points den the lunch maybe..7 or 8 just try n check out the points to the aero egg cause that could have 3 or 4 points on its own ya no!! :)

Best of luck for the week people!! Onwards and downwards ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi guys, quick question, has momentum been launced in Ireland. I cant go to meetings anymore due to college and work so I weigh myself every week with a friend and its kinda working but was wondering what momentum is and if anyone has tried it, I get emails from weigh watchers and they are always on about this program. I lost 4 stone with no count and need to loose another 9 lb and it seems harder than the other 56lb...

Just interested to hear about momentum! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone, them dame weekends are destroying all our hard work again!! :confused: I was very good wed, and thurs friday was ok then went to dublin on saturday for the concert had breakie and went to the hotel hoping to eat there cause town would be crazy (stayed in bewleys at the airport) and they didnt have dinner on till 6 so had to go with lunch but I was good and had smoked salmon with a tiny piece of brown bread whille the rest of the gang had pannies and sandwichs with chips. got taxi and walked for what felt like 6 miles then went in to the croke park hotel had a few drinks (blumers light 1.5 per bottle) made our way in to the concert and stood for the next 4 hours :othen walked again found pub had more drink at the end of the night I didnt eat and was very proud whille the rest had kebabs. Went in to blanch the next day and shopped for a few hours so hopefully the walking (did one this morning as well) will have paid off. it was worth it though great concert but next time Im getting a seat im just to old for all this standing.:rolleyes: Hope ye all have a good weigh in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yikes :mad: 1.5 points !!! I'm Hoping that is 25g unpopped
    25g unpopped will weigh about the same when popped, just more volume
    About 99!;)

Had a great day.

breakfast I had a really lovely fruit platter (3)

Lunch 2 grilled chichen sausages with beans, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. tea with skimmed milk. (4)

Dinner lemon, garlic and herb chicken with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, baby courgettes, green beans and baby corn. (2.5)

Snacks WW yougurt (.5) 2 plums (.5) slice gala melon (.5) diet coke (0)

Went to aqua fit this evening, really good work out. How many bonus points is it?:p Going to bank them.

Have a dinner in a aisan resturant on wed, what would be a good starter/main?;)

Weekends seem to be hard for everyone. Think I will be going to the cinema a lot over the next few months with my diet coke!!

rubadub wrote: »
    25g unpopped will weigh about the same when popped, just more volume

About 99!;)

Yea, had it typed n entered b4 I looked at it, was in shock when I read 25g was 1.5 pts.
    Cheers.

Here's one, been trying different flavours with the pop corn, got 3 fav's so far. Chilli powder, cinamon and for someting a little different cardamon. Any other suggestions :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Well, was down another 1.5lbs last night so have got my silver 7!!!!! Well happy with myself. weight.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement