Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    there is a even a LIGHT vanilla ice cream (i've seen it in tesco)
    havent pointed it yet tho
    Most of these "light" ice creams I have seen are not that much lower in calories than the standard ones, some might have lower fat but add sugar to keep them tasty. On the old points system fat was biased against so even at the same calories it might have been much lower old points. The new propoints fixed this problem (though WW did not admit it was a problem :rolleyes:).

Tesco standard ice cream
    Typical Values 100g contain Each scoop (43g) contains
    Energy 700kJ (170kcal) 305kJ (75kcal)
    Protein 2.7g 1.2g
    Carbohydrate 24.9g 10.8g
    Sugars 21.3g 9.2g
    Fat 6.2g 2.7g
    Saturates 3.4g 1.5g
    Mono Unsaturates 2.1g 0.9g
    Polyunsaturates 0.5g 0.2g
    Fibre 0.5g 0.2g
    Sodium* 0.1g trace
    *Salt Equivalent 0.2g trace

Tesco "light choices
    Typical Values 100g contains One-tenth of the tub (55g) contains
    Energy 600kJ (145kcal) 330kJ (80kcal)
    Protein 3.5g 1.9g
    Carbohydrate 21.2g 11.6g
    Sugars 16.6g 9.2g
    Fat 4.9g 2.7g
    Saturates 3.0g 1.6g
    Mono Unsaturates 0.9g 0.5g
    Polyunsaturates 0.2g 0.1g
    Fibre 0.2g trace
    Sodium* trace trace
    *Salt Equivalent trace trace

I am not sure of the points, but it is 170 vs 145kcal which is not much. I would often rather have a smaller portion of a standard snack than the same calories in a diet version.

One other big point is portion size, they quote 55g above, there is no way I would eat that little from a tub! When you have an ice cream like a mini magnum it is a defined size so is very handy, no fooling yourself by having a extra large scoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

rubadub wrote: »
    One other big point is portion size, they quote 55g above, there is no way I would eat that little from a tub! When you have an ice cream like a mini magnum it is a defined size so is very handy, no fooling yourself by having a extra large scoop.

exactly! i just keep certain foods out of the house, one portion may only be 1 or 2pp....but then you end up eating the whole packet cos its "low fat"

portion control is Key! Weight it! Point it! then eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Bought some sea bass today as a treat so going to make this recipe, sounds yum.....

ProPoints® Value: 7
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Serve with 150g each of steamed baby carrots and leeks for no additional ProPoints values.

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    450 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, peeled and diced
    600 g Sea Bass, Raw, (4 x 150g fillets) skin left on
    400 g Spinach, rinsed
    1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

b>For the caper sauce
    150 g Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat
    2 tablespoons Capers, in Brine, drained and rinsed thoroughly
    1 medium Lemon, finely grated zest of, then cut the lemon into wedges, to serve
    Instructions
    Spray a large non stick frying pan with the cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the potatoes and stir fry for about 10–15 minutes, allowing them to brown and cook through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.

Wipe out the pan and spray again with the cooking spray. Add the fish fillets skin side down and cook for 2–3 minutes until crispy. Turn and cook the top side for about 2 minutes until cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.

Put the spinach in a large lidded saucepan and cook for a minute or so until wilted. There’s no need to add any water since there will be enough clinging to the leaves from the rinsing. Drain well and season.

For the caper sauce, put the yogurt in a small pan and warm through very gently. Don’t let it boil or it will split. Stir in the capers and lemon zest.

Serve the sea bass on a pile of crisp potatoes, with the spinach alongside, topped with the sauce and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Down 0.5. Had hoped for 1.5 which would've been my stone but I had a big loss last week which was very surprising so fingers crossed for next week. Did get my 5% though :)

• Advertisement

Woo hoo! God i've missed excercise!

This is my second day back at treadmill....and i feel GREAT! I also find im less hungery...

I've had a good breakfast, good YUMMY lunch, and a good YUMMY YUMMY dinner :D

and i still have 6pp left :) Will prob have something later, porridge, skimmed milk, splenda and dash of cinnemon, 4pp (and maybe aldi hot chocolate 1pp)

Dinner was 500g baby potatoes, 1 large chicken breast in george forman,
    and and oxo chicken gravy. 15pp

I like spuds :P oink oink

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Down 0.5. Had hoped for 1.5 which would've been my stone but I had a big loss last week which was very surprising so fingers crossed for next week. Did get my 5% though :)

well done! thats 5% you never have to see again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Down 4.5lbs!!! Awwwwwhoooooooo! Am delighted, i know that it will prob not happen again as its my first week, but its a great start!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

topping up 'my' receipe listing

I might put it into word format - would make it easier to print

I'll post it here when done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    well done! thats 5% you never have to see again :D

Thanks missus. The leader said that she's noticed that after a big loss one week it can be very little the following week for some members, so I'm hoping thats what it was. I actually noticed my weight loss a bit more this week and had a few comments from people so thats why I'm a little surprised. Not the end of the world though, and as my boyfriend said "It's going in the right direction and thats all that matters" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Joined ww in Jan, after losing few pounds myself with exercise I needed the extra push for the last few pound. Lost 2 and half pd tonight and reached goal, delighted. It's the lightest I have been in about 10 years. I didn't have a awful lot to lose but it really affects how you feel about yourself, whether its a few pds or more you want to lose. there were actually saturday nights that I was going out but changed my mind because i felt awful when I trawled through my wardrobe....how terrible is that, life is waaaayyyy too short.

Have my own goal of another 5 pds but at am delighted with where i am at and it's all down to this thread, so much tips and motivating stories.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Woohooo!! down 2 pounds this week! delighted! so down 5 pound in 3 weeks! might not sound a lot to some but for me its a constant loss 3 weeks in a row :D:D im usually up & down each week which constantly cancels eachother out!! I have to say Tracking has been my god send along with his forumt and c25k has defo helped! well done on the losses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Woop down 5lbs this week, lost 2 stone 2lbs since I started ww.

14 more WIs until my holidays- thoughts of bikinis is quite the motivation!

Congrats to everyone else on the losses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Becky85 wrote: »
    Woop down 5lbs this week, lost 2 stone 2lbs since I started ww.

14 more WIs until my holidays- thoughts of bikinis is quite the motivation!

Congrats to everyone else on the losses

5lbs :eek: WOW!! Any tips? Or a typical food day and exercise? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Down half a pound tonight after a week in which I thought I did great. So pissed off :( In 4 weeks I've only lost 4lbs. Some people lose that or more in a week. Feeling really disappointed and fed up.

Down half a pound tonight after a week in which I thought I did great. So pissed off :( In 4 weeks I've only lost 4lbs. Some people lose that or more in a week. Feeling really disappointed and fed up.

Totally know where you are coming from but don't let it dishearten you. It is better to have that half pound off, than on. I only lose a lb a week if even and I have LOADS to lose but keep telling myself I am doing this for me, getting healthy and fit and if it comes off slowly it will stay off longer. It took me 4 years to put on 3 stone, and I have nearly lost that in just over 5 months (3.5lbs away from 3rd stone). Still have another 5 stone or so to lose but just taking it one mini goal at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Just did 40mins of Zumba and 50 sit ups. Stomach muscles want to kill me but apart from that I feel great.

Just making a beef stir fry for dinner now, 250g beef at 8pp, 150g straight to wok noodles at 6pp and loooooads of veg. Very excited :)

Have also drank 2l of water today.

Good first day of my week :)

misslt wrote: »
    Just did 40mins of Zumba and 50 sit ups. Stomach muscles want to kill me but apart from that I feel great.

Just making a beef stir fry for dinner now, 250g beef at 8pp, 150g straight to wok noodles at 6pp and loooooads of veg. Very excited :)

Have also drank 2l of water today.

Good first day of my week :)

sounds like the perfect dinner! you deserve every bite! and the protein in the beef will help your stomach muscles recover :D Well done :D

Monife wrote: »
    5lbs :eek: WOW!! Any tips? Or a typical food day and exercise? :)[/QUOTE

i missed a WI so that was over 2 weeks and had tonsilitis so couldn't eat anything but soup and ice cream for 3 of those days!! wouldn't recommend it!

hoping i don't put all back on now that i can eat again, going to be really good this week lots and walking and resistance training

Becky85 wrote: »
    missed a WI so that was over 2 weeks and had tonsilitis so couldn't eat anything but soup and ice cream for 3 of those days!! wouldn't recommend it!

hoping i don't put all back on now that i can eat again, going to be really good this week lots and walking and resistance training

Still, 5lbs over 2 weeks is very good!! When I was sick I lost 4.5lbs because I hadnt eaten anything before WI and following week, up 2lbs, but I am putting that down to a loss of 2.5lbs over 2 weeks as I had food in my tummy when I gained and nothing when I lost.

Well done again.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Still, 5lbs over 2 weeks is very good!! When I was sick I lost 4.5lbs because I hadnt eaten anything before WI and following week, up 2lbs, but I am putting that down to a loss of 2.5lbs over 2 weeks as I had food in my tummy when I gained and nothing when I lost.

Well done again.

Thanks i am delighted but won't be surprised if i sts next week, was just looking back at my trackers and there was a week i lost 4lbs, i used all my dailies (33 at the time) and 25 of my weeklies (wasn't out drinking that week- that's when my weeklies usually get used up!). i did 3 40 min walks and another day i did one of the operation transformation work out videos.

would love to have this kind of loss more often but a loss is a loss

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Thanks for the help with the iwatchr app. Have Become addicted to it in 2 days. Shame typing doesn't count as exercise!

does anyone know how many points in the pink and whites with the jam in the middle? i have a feeling they're more than than the normal ones but i threw the pack away

Hey,

anybody watching 'The Biggest Looser USA' this season?

I've been watching it for a good few seasons now and noticed that Alison Sweney seems to be more emotionally involved with the contestants than other years,.... she appears genuinely delighted/distraught when the guys&girls hit/miss their lbs?

She's a brill host(miles ahead of Davina on the UK one)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hey,

anybody watching 'The Biggest Looser USA' this season?

I've been watching it for a good few seasons now and noticed that Alison Sweney seems to be more emotionally involved with the contestants than other years,.... she appears genuinely delighted/distraught when the guys&girls hit/miss their lbs?

She's a brill host(miles ahead of Davina on the UK one)

I'm totally addicted to the Biggest Loser USA...Are you watching it on Sky at the weekends (with Sunshine & O'Neal and that)?? The UK one just isn't the same...I love the Americans, they're so OTT, it's great!! I get real motivated watching it too!

On another note, have had a good day - was in the mood for something sweet tonight and my daughter ate my last dime bar so i threw a batch of blondies together....i hadn't enough brown sugar so substituted it with some splenda and got them down to 2PP each - they cud have done with a bit more splenda but they were still nice, hit the spot! I had 2 and even put a lil chocolate spread on one when it was still hot to sweeten it up a bit more, yum!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

down 2.5lbs at WI this evening - very happy as i didnt exercise really at all. thats 17.5 since i started 7 weeks ago...so so happy!

just wondering do people think exercise can sometimes lessen your lose? eg i done for nights at the gym a couple weeks ago and lost 1lb at WI where this week i done none and was down 2.5! not that i am complaining but i want to get fit as i loose weight aswell....

or maybe its the following week the exercise helps...hmmm

hope everyone is doing good :)

I'm totally addicted to the Biggest Loser USA...Are you watching it on Sky at the weekends (with Sunshine & O'Neal and that)?? The UK one just isn't the same...I love the Americans, they're so OTT, it's great!! I get real motivated watching it too!

Yeah, but I watch it on a tuesday on SkyLivingit(122), love the show(and ally;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

down 2.5lbs at WI this evening - very happy as i didnt exercise really at all. thats 17.5 since i started 7 weeks ago...so so happy!

just wondering do people think exercise can sometimes lessen your lose? eg i done for nights at the gym a couple weeks ago and lost 1lb at WI where this week i done none and was down 2.5! not that i am complaining but i want to get fit as i loose weight aswell....

or maybe its the following week the exercise helps...hmmm

hope everyone is doing good :)

It can take a week, even 2 for the exercise to have an effect on the scales. If you do loads of exercise in a particular week you'll build up muscle which will have a negative effect on the scale but it will show at some stage on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I know I should be resting (have laryngitis) but I've only 4 WI's till my 30th trip to Vegas and I can't slack off now really want to lose 11lbs to get me into the 14's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Yeah, but I watch it on a tuesday on SkyLivingit(122), love the show(and ally;))

We record it and watch it on a Sunday afternoon...Have you seen the after pics online?? I don't know who won, but the OH showed me some pics - Michael looks AMAZING!!! They all do really - I'd love to go on the show but only the US one!

My fav series was the one with Roger! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement