Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Pembily wrote: »
    So after my 12th WI I have only lost 5lb, I had another STS. I was at this weight after my 3rd WI. I had 3 bad weeks, then up and down and I have been pointing, sticking to my points and exercising :(:(:(

I AM SO FED UP!!!!!! I was supposed to be half way there now :( I am far from close! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel your pain - I'm on week 10 and am only down 5lbs (I think anyway - there was an issue with dodgy scales for the first 6 weeks!).
    I seem to have stayed the same for 3 weeks now even though I never go outside my points.
    I've noticed my diet is quite carb heavy though, so think I need to cut down and see what happens.

Just look at it this way - you haven't gained.
    We just need to try a little harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

We record it and watch it on a Sunday afternoon...Have you seen the after pics online?? I don't know who won, but the OH showed me some pics - Michael looks AMAZING!!! They all do really - I'd love to go on the show but only the US one!

My fav series was the one with Roger! :D

no, dont google shows like that just incase I inadvertently find out who won + like to see how they look at the finale

I actually like this series most ... because how close the contenstants are towards each other and that Mellissa(red team) got shown up to be a b*tch and was frozen out by the other contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    no, dont google shows like that just incase I inadvertently find out who won + like to see how they look at the finale

I actually like this series most ... because how close the contenstants are towards each other and that Mellissa(red team) got shown up to be a b*tch and was frozen out by the other contenders

i'm so obsessed with the biggest loser watching season 11- it's on in the us at the mo and the series that's on sky living! i need to get a life
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Becky85 wrote: »
    i'm so obsessed with the biggest loser watching season 11- it's on in the us at the mo and the series that's on sky living! i need to get a life

i'm obsessed with this thread LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

Hey , so had a fairly good week diet wise-nothing too bold.. but started exercising daily , joined curves, could barely walk into my meeting today but yet i gain half a pound! ARRRGH!!!
    Any explanations? what am i doing wrong?! my leader said it would probably come down next week but I don't understand why that would be so.

• Advertisement

Good Night Gang, see ye tomorrow night lol

season 11?:eek:

Sky are only on season9

Is ally still presenting in S11?:cool:

nanofano wrote: »
    Hey , so had a fairly good week diet wise-nothing too bold.. but started exercising daily , joined curves, could barely walk into my meeting today but yet i gain half a pound! ARRRGH!!!
    Any explanations? what am i doing wrong?! my leader said it would probably come down next week but I don't understand why that would be so.

you may need to up your water intake, you need MORE than 2litres when exercising. your body may have started retain water, cos it was lost so much during the work out.

you may have also gained some lean healthy muscle. maybe ask the girls at curves to take your measurements.

muscle BURNS fat! So dont worry....

nanofano wrote: »

I had same issue this week when I had a sneaky mid-week weigh-in for myself and found after being extremely good and excersising loads that I was up 1lbs midweek.
    So yesterday morning I checked again as I was panicing kinda) and on last weeks figure I was down 1.5lbs(2.5 since sunday morning:eek:)..... lesson for me here was that what I at Saturday really impacted my weight sunday morning, I was within my daily's but had few slices of soda bread, oven chips, goujons, chili mayo, big bowl of minestrone soup, ....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

season 11?:eek:

Sky are only on season9

Is ally still presenting in S11?:cool:

yep she's still there and there's 2 new trainers "the unknowns" as well as bob and gillian. it's the best season yet and i've watched a lot of biggest loser- don't feel guilty watching now i'm losing too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

yep she's still there and there's 2 new trainers "the unknowns" as well as bob and gillian. it's the best season yet and i've watched a lot of biggest loser- don't feel guilty watching now i'm losing too

Oh ladies and gents, try Gillians workout DVD's..they are a killer but fantastic!! there is one called 30 day Shred the workouts are only 20mins but really really good...espc for the inches!! :D think that one is a few years old now so might get her latest...she shouts at you tho:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

LOVE The Biggest Loser. Have watched most of the series, used to watch them eating something bold and felt a bit guilty but you're right, we can watch them with pride now because we are "losers" too :)

I find it hard to believe the size of some of the girls though. I remember my weight was bigger than one of them when I was starting but they looked huge. Maybe I am lucky with the way my weight falls on me, thank god lol

absolutly gutted this morning!!

down .75lbs:eek:

I'm walking daily, went running twice last week, did a gruelling day of gardening saturday, drink 2.5-3Ltrs of water daily, I'm allowed 47pts and hit between 37 and 45 daily, I eat 3-5 pieces of fruit. I dont use my activity points or weekly points.

I dont understand what's going on, I had a losss off 4 and 3lbs in the last 2 weeks but before that I had 2 weeks of 1lbs each.

Dont get me wrong I'm happy to be down but a little dissapointed all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

GT it doesn't sound like you're eating enough you are coming in some days 10pp under not eating your weeklies & exercising alot, it maybe that you're hitting a plateau In terms of your body being used to the new regime maybe try switch up the food intake, lay off some carbs up the lean protiens & whatever about the weeklies if you dont want to eat or drink those you should eat all of your dailies at a minimum swap low fat items like milk cheese & butter to full fat items to utilise the extra 10 pp. Once your weight comes down so too will your daily allowance, your body needs fuel to burn the fat so make sure its good fuel ;) not that I'm an expert but weights burn more than cardio maybe start introducing some weights into your exercise regime.

3/4's of a lb is a good loss though you should be happy about it you've been really lucky losing 3 or 4lb in a week look at your average loss over the time since you've started. Failing all that look over your trackers for the weeks you had s good loss & repeat it to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

ladymuck wrote: »
    Hi Ho. I have just found out I’m preggy. :D:DYepee:D

Congratulations! That is great news! Hope it goes well for you :D

In good news, my teeth seem to have eased/gotten used to being pulled to the RHS of my face so I'm going to celebrate my return to solid food tonight by making Chicken Teriyaki and Noodles for dinner - nom nom :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    GT it doesn't sound like you're eating enough you are coming in some days 10pp under not eating your weeklies & exercising alot, it maybe that you're hitting a plateau In terms of your body being used to the new regime maybe try switch up the food intake, lay off some carbs up the lean protiens & whatever about the weeklies if you dont want to eat or drink those you should eat all of your dailies at a minimum swap low fat items like milk cheese & butter to full fat items to utilise the extra 10 pp. Once your weight comes down so too will your daily allowance, your body needs fuel to burn the fat so make sure its good fuel ;) not that I'm an expert but weights burn more than cardio maybe start introducing some weights into your exercise regime.

3/4's of a lb is a good loss though you should be happy about it you've been really lucky losing 3 or 4lb in a week look at your average loss over the time since you've started. Failing all that look over your trackers for the weeks you had s good loss & repeat it to see what happens.

0.75 was dissapointing as my average since the start had been 2.5lbs a week(especially when I was 2/3 weeks away from losing my 2nd stone if I hit 2.5lbs avg). ah well, might try to hit my daily's and tone down the excersise a bit(keep up the walking though) this week, ... give my body a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

0.75 was dissapointing as my average since the start had been 2.5lbs a week(especially when I was 2/3 weeks away from losing my 2nd stone if I hit 2.5lbs avg). ah well, might try to hit my daily's and tone down the excersise a bit(keep up the walking though) this week, ... give my body a break

I think everyone's loss reaches a plateau at some stage. I've found that as I've gotten lighter, my losses have gotten slower - I'm still losing most weeks, but at most it's 0.5lbs, except for last week, but that was a fluke. Don't let it get you down, you are doing fantastico! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone

Was down 4LBS last nite:D... So chuffed and i got my 2 stone:D... so thats 2stone and 1 lb since 8th of February:D... So happy im half way there to my mini goal and hoping to get it before my holidays in summer:D...

Best of luck to everyone who has wi...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well after a few weeks off following surgery I went back to WI last night and wasn't too disappointed. I was up 3lbs but it's not too bad, all things considered. The good news is (which I hadn't realised before my surgery) that my BMI has fallen from the "Obese" bracket to the "Overweight" bracket so that's my motivation to get back on track now and start losing weight again.

Here we go............ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Congratulations! That is great news! Hope it goes well for you :D

In good news, my teeth seem to have eased/gotten used to being pulled to the RHS of my face so I'm going to celebrate my return to solid food tonight by making Chicken Teriyaki and Noodles for dinner - nom nom :)

Oooh that sounds yum, do you've a recipe for it?

I'm still very bummed out after only being down 4lbs in 4 weeks but I've decided not to let it knock my motivation. I was cleaning out my room last night and found an MP3 player I hadn't seen in years and I went through it and it's got all this brilliant music on it that I haven't listened to in at least 5 or 6 years! So I'm looking forward to getting out walking while listening to it!

The next few weeks will be tough. My sister's home from Australia on Friday and I know she'll be dying to have all the food she's been missing...including all our local takeaways! I haven't had a takeaway in about 6 weeks and haven't missed them but I know when the temptation is put in front of me it'll be hard to resist. Luckily this thread is giving me great meal ideas that I haven't gotten bored of cooking, so hopefully I'll keep that up! There'll be plenty of nights out too but I'm definitely going to try and keep my drinking to one night a week max. My other sister is getting married in two weeks (the Friday of the May bank hol weekend...I'm bridesmaid...I should have started WW a year ago and lost loadsa weight for the wedding :() so there'll be lots of eating and drinking that weekend, and with the two bank hol weekends in a row it's going to be a challenge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone

Was down 4LBS last nite:D... So chuffed and i got my 2 stone:D... so thats 2stone and 1 lb since 8th of February:D... So happy im half way there to my mini goal and hoping to get it before my holidays in summer:D...

Best of luck to everyone who has wi...

That's brilliant well done! Have you any tips for a good loss?

Had my weigh in this morn and for the third week in a row i just lost 1lb. Once i hit the stone loss things slowed down, so just 1 stone 3lbs gone now. Am 12st 6lb today.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Sorry to get your hopes up but I just found this on the WW site in the FAQ section.

If you are pregnant, are under the age of 10 or have an active diagnosis of bulimia nervosa or anorexia we can't take you on as a member at this time. If you're already a member and you become pregnant your membership will be suspended until you can return after your baby is born. Please see pregnancy leaflet. Weight Watchers Leaders aren't qualified to give you advice about diet and weight during pregnancy.

Sure not to worry. I suppose if i keep off the junk and keep eating lots of fruit and veg and fish etc, and just switch back to full fat dairy and more red meat that should prevent me from re-gaining a tonne of unnecessary weight

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Lady Lainy wrote: »

hi lainey
    thanks for the info..
    just on the abrakebra one i thing the info in wrong as the pp are worrying low.. i emailed then many times but they didn even get back to me...

Kay_80 wrote: »

Here(attached) is what I've eaten in the last week, looking back some days were a little on the low side, but can anyone spot any other issues/problem areas

PS: the sausages/rasher and egg this morning was a mini break out, but even with them I can't seem to hit my dailys

ladymuck wrote: »
    Hi Ho. I have just found out I’m preggy. :D:DYepee. Well I have every intention in continuing with ww while pregnant as I have never been as healthy. I am eating so much better foods and choosing good proteins, calcium etc. I was eating such crap before xmas. I lost 26 lbs and will continue to attend until 12 weeks and then tell my leader. I will buy the 12 weeks diaries so I can point when I can no longer weigh in. I have also started C25K. I am on week 4. I feel fab and so much better than when I was eating such crap and pizzas, chips, burgers etc. I thing the little bean deserves good food. I have not reached my Goal weight but I can do that after baby is born. I am also taking pregnancy vitamins. I could be your WWPP Preggy buddies. XXXXXXX

That's great news, congrats! Yes i agree about keeping up the healthy eating but you def have to go with what your body craves too..:)
    Is this your first??

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Just wanna say a quick thanks to you lovely folks for the good advice you've given me! (didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday)

I haven't measured myself so perhaps I should do that?

I started yoga last night, I'm climbing the mountain behind my house tonight and I'm starting spinning next week, as well as doing the odd 20 mins of zumba on the Wii!

I feel great, and at this point I think that's the main thing, if the scales aren't showing a loss then maybe I'm toning and sure that's ok for now!

Think I might WI tomorrow again just to see .....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Blooming wrote: »
    Joined ww in Jan, after losing few pounds myself with exercise I needed the extra push for the last few pound. Lost 2 and half pd tonight and reached goal, delighted. It's the lightest I have been in about 10 years. I didn't have a awful lot to lose but it really affects how you feel about yourself, whether its a few pds or more you want to lose. there were actually saturday nights that I was going out but changed my mind because i felt awful when I trawled through my wardrobe....how terrible is that, life is waaaayyyy too short.

Have my own goal of another 5 pds but at am delighted with where i am at and it's all down to this thread, so much tips and motivating stories.
    Thank you.

Well done you, such a good feeling I am sure!!any tips for the rest of us, did you have to up the exercise much to shed the last few pounds. I have 4lbs to lose to get to goal and hadnt been finding the pp system v effective so went back to points and lost 1.5lb last week, its very slow to come off!!

It must be such a good feeling, cant wait to get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well after sts for the last two weeks,I lost 1.5 pounds, and I'm delighted! I'm now 2 pounds away from my first stone, so fingers crossed! Well done to all the losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Here(attached) is what I've eaten in the last week, looking back some days were a little on the low side, but can anyone spot any other issues/problem areas

PS: the sausages/rasher and egg this morning was a mini break out, but even with them I can't seem to hit my dailys

One thing that jumps out at me straight away is that you are eating well under your daily points most days. You have 47 daily right? One day you only ate 29PP. You don't have to force yourself to eat all your points but you should only go under by about 4 - 6 max anything more and you are undereating for your body size, and your body is going to go into a mini starvation mode and hold onto as much fat as possible. Also, if you are exercising, you should try and eat most if not all of your dailies.

Another thing, (and I hope I don't sound critical) you seem to have oven chips a good few nights and potatoe roasts (is that just roast potatoes or is it processed)? I also see you had a WW ready meal 2 nights (which is grand, I am actually nit picking at this stage) but if you have the time it is much better to have fresh food rather than processed, which are full of salt and could be making you retain water.

I see you have pretty much the same lunch every day. Why don't you change it up a bit and give your body a bit of a shock? When I was hitting 1lb every week, I changed my toast in the morning to cereal, drank more water and experimented with lunch ideas and lost 3lb the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

dammitj wrote: »
    Just wanna say a quick thanks to you lovely folks for the good advice you've given me! (didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday)

I haven't measured myself so perhaps I should do that?

I started yoga last night, I'm climbing the mountain behind my house tonight and I'm starting spinning next week, as well as doing the odd 20 mins of zumba on the Wii!

I feel great, and at this point I think that's the main thing, if the scales aren't showing a loss then maybe I'm toning and sure that's ok for now!

Think I might WI tomorrow again just to see .....

;)

I'd definitely say start measuring yourself - with all that exercise you have to be gaining muscle/toning! At the end of the day the scales are only so much, it's your actual size that's the important bit!

Cleaning the house now, definitely wish there was a way to measure how many activity points earned, I'm knackered already :P

Have my porridge steeping for afterwards, might make it with skimmed milk and treat myself!!

My stirfry last night was gorgeous, and I only ate about half of it so I still have some for my lunch, yummy!

Walking tonight, hope it stays dry out!

Well done everyone on your losses :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement