Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope you all had a good weekend!!

well i stayed the same this week im a bit disappointed but at the same time wasnt really expecting to lose either after the weekend!!! i suppose its better than a gain at the end of the day!!

well its a new week now so im getting back on track have nothing major planned for this weekend so hopefully i will be down next week!

ibarelycare- didnt see you after class last night, it was alot better than last wednesday night thats for sure!! although i still think the other instructor is better do you think you will go next monday and check it out?

congrats to all that have lost after WI this week and best of luck to those who have still to WI:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

well i stayed the same this week im a bit disappointed but at the same time wasnt really expecting to lose either after the weekend!!! i suppose its better than a gain at the end of the day!!

well its a new week now so im getting back on track have nothing major planned for this weekend so hopefully i will be down next week!

ibarelycare- didnt see you after class last night, it was alot better than last wednesday night thats for sure!! although i still think the other instructor is better do you think you will go next monday and check it out?

congrats to all that have lost after WI this week and best of luck to those who have still to WI:D:D

Hey! I didn't bother having a shower until I got home last night so I kinda legged it, was looking around to say goodbye but couldn't see you! Was much happier with that class than last week, felt great afterwards! I'm not sure what to do about the Wednesday class, I'm thinking of going for an hour's swim instead on that day. I was going to ask her after the class if the Wednesday class is always a bit gentler but didn't want to offend her! Also, it's a bit of a pain having to wait around twice a week until 8.30, so going swimming straight after work on a Wednesday is much more appealing.

Not too bad for your WI, at least you didn't go up! I weighed myself this morning and I'm definitely up :o Was down 4 last week so don't mind too much, but was up 0.5 the week before so I'm not being very consistent! I hope I'm not going to be up more than 1lb tonight. I'm staying off the drink now for about a month so hopefully that will have a huge effect!

Good luck to everyone else this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Well done for staying the same after a crazy week. You are doing great.

I am feeling good about my new eating habits and really getting into it. I have not felt this good about myself in a long time and am in fact looking forward to weigh in on thur.:):):)

It was raining and I was feeling tired and lazy so didnt go for my planned walk.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

wi tonight and down 2.5! Feckin delighted to be back on track after 3 crap weeks! i have lost 9lbs now which is my 5% goal and only 2 weeks behind schedule. Onto the 10% now - another 7lbs:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

WI last night, was UP 2lbs :( I knew I'd be up but didn't expect that much! Very disappointed in myself. Was down 4 last week but didn't go the week before and was up .5 the week before that so I've only lost 1.5lbs in FOUR weeks. When I look at it that way, I realise I'm doing really badly. I'm really going to step it up this week. Going swimming tonight, going to go on my bike as much as I can and NO BOOZE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys,
    Was up last night. Disappointed, though I know with the week away and birthday weekend last week I was eating out a lot. Still viewing things from scratch today and we'll move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Ibarleycare and barbiegirl, so sorry to hear the news, tis the pits, the fact that you were sort of expecting it dosen't help because there is always that little voice saying that it can't be as bad as the scales say. I think you know your own bodies at this stage and know if the weight gain is related to food type ie stuff high in msg, hi salt content, not drinking enough water etc. Then there's the dreaded tom, which for me can account for anywhere between 5-7 lbs and a voracious appetite, anyway, I digress. Chin up, draw a line and back to basics

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

well i went this week, after skipping last week. i was up two pounds, which was not too bad, all things considered, as id had two bad weeks.

back on track again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all how are we all doing this week...

Anyone who had a bad week chin up and start again tamo ..iv been there way too much lately and im determined now to get back into it..!!

Was dwn 1.5lb tonight which im delighted with back to my 4 stone loss now and only 8.5lb til goal may not get there before the hols (5wks) but hopefully soon enough after that!!

Keeping myself motivated now that im back in the gym..!! WHoo :D:D Have slane on sat but im going to really try again and make some good choices i did last week and it seems to have paid off!!

Anyways best of luck to you all WI for rest of week and Best of luck for the week ahead!!

Onwards and Downward..;);) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I had a really good week this week... But it did not show on the scales..

UP a half!!

I got my period, which because I am breastfeeding I havent had in about 8 weeks. anyhow.. anyone else find that there weigh in is bad on a period week.
    I was eating well, excercised a lot swimming, cycling,walking, jogging.. Hope it shows up next week:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RunSwift

Hi All, just started ww again last night for about the 4th time. Have been reading through everyone elses threads over the past couple of weeks and its nice to see other people having the same ups and downs. For a little extra motivation I've decided to post here too. Have just over a stone to lose to get to goal weight but have my holidays in 3 weeks and would love to have about 5lbs off by then.
    I'm determined to get to goal weight this time and not just hover near it. Do loads of excerising so it's more the portions of food and chocolate that is my downfall (could easily pack away 4 bars a day). I've done the core before so I'm going to find it stange having to point everything.
    Good luck to everyone (and myself) this week! Aiming for a big first week and dare I say it......maybe 3lbs down!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hello!! Got weighted last nite im 11.5 now yay! very happy but would be a lot happier at 10.5 !!! Im going to the cinema 2nite though and i have to nibble on something!! Any ideas!! :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi all, had my weigh in last nite and i was down 1/2 pound which i was happy enough about as I had the concert last weekend lots of drink and some food. I pulled out my tracker from last week where I lost 2 1/2 pounds and decided to follow it this week and see if i get the same result, thats the plan anyway. Its my wedding annversiary this sunday and instead of going out for a big meal on the saturday nite we decided to go for a few drinks on the friday nite and may be a late dinner on sunday its easier to get the likes of strifrys on an evening menu in a pub compared to eating in a restraurant.

Hope everyone is feeling ok and not to disapointed with there weigh inn everyone has bad weeks thats the beauty of this web site you dont feel like your the only one. best of luck to those of you getting weighed from today on.

Well thats me untill next time take care.:)

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Gal44 wrote: »
    Im going to the cinema 2nite though and i have to nibble on something!! Any ideas!! :confused::)

Bring your own bag of airpopped popcorn!! Low fat crisps, I always bring my own food as its cheaper and smaller than the cinema!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SmellyKelli

Hi all!

WI last night I lost 2lbs! Thought I would have lost more though, done a lot of excercise...Had a bad day Sunday though :(

Keep up the hard work everyone!

:D

Kelli xx

Hi all,

I am on top of the world. Down 4.5lbs tonight. totally trilled and delighted. It has made my week and given me that push to keep going. I didnt expect to be down that much, had a 2lb weight lose in my mind. A great first weigh in.

I am really enjoing the whole WW thing and finally feel better about myself. I know its going to take a very long time but believe I can do it this time. I find this thread a great support and also posting my food diary keeps me on track.

To all those who were up this week, put it behind you and move on. I know how upsetting it is. A new week a new start.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭notlongleft

hi

i m going to start back at ww this week but doing it on my own with paying for the gym every month i cant afford to pay the weekly fee!! i know things have changed since i was there last and was hoping someone might be able to tell me my points for the day - i m mid 20 s, 5 foot 3 office job and weigh 11.7 stone (blugh). not sure if much of that matters but i remember there was a few things! bought myself the ww calculator pocket thing to work out the points on everything.

Thanks for your help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

hi

i m going to start back at ww this week but doing it on my own with paying for the gym every month i cant afford to pay the weekly fee!! i know things have changed since i was there last and was hoping someone might be able to tell me my points for the day - i m mid 20 s, 5 foot 3 office job and weigh 11.7 stone (blugh). not sure if much of that matters but i remember there was a few things! bought myself the ww calculator pocket thing to work out the points on everything.

Thanks for your help:)

Hi there!

Best of Luck with ww! Your points are 19 per day. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi everyone. I've been very good so far this week. Kept well within points and did yoga (30 minutes) and then played a 40 minutes basketball game. The shoulders are a bit sore.
    Anyone any idea of points used at basketball, as it does use, most of the body, between running, shooting, defensive stance etc. It's such fun, don't know why I ever gave it up in the first place:-) Was even feeling fitter last night.
    Anyway this weekend, I have friends over tonight for dinner, but I'm in control of the points, starter 2.5 points, mains 6 points, desert 2.5 points, then of course wine etc. But still at least I knwo what is what.
    Then the weekend os normal, might hit the beach on Sunday, so long as OH doesn't have football. :-)
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. :-)

Hi Guys,
    Hope you all had a god day. I have stayed within my points all week and got to aqua fit twice and really enjoyed. I am a bit worried about the weekend as we are out for lunch tomorrow and have a 40th party tomorrow night, sunday is also going to be a crazy day. hope to god I can stay within point.:):):)

I had a decaf skinny latte today and was not sure of the points so guessed at 3. Anyone know how many are in it?

• Advertisement

rebelchick2
    Could I ask the same of you, I'm just over 5'6' , 44, and 11st 7lbs, just wondering as in the last 7 weeks have only dropped 5 lbs and thats while putting in some serious effort, maybe I'm pointing it wrong.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all hows everyones weekend going?

I had a crazy day yday...slane 09 :D:D had eggs and beans for breakie...den drank coors for the day and only had a sandwich later on and some chocs :D:D I was way over clearly:D:D..Thurs and fri went well with the food and the gym..!!

Off today not sure if il make the gym feeling a bit rough to say the least!! :D:D Gonna try and not let the hangover ruin my points!! :D:D

Enjoy end of the weekend people :D:D xx

I had a really awful day yesterday food wise. we were out for lunch and had a 40th birthday bbq last night that we had to go to. Was over my points by 6.5. oh well had great fun but hope my waist wont pay the price!!! Today will be another crazy day but think I can save point during the week and have planned to get to aqua fit twice.

How did you guys get on?

Anyone know how many point in a decaf skinny latte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SmellyKelli

Hi CarolineSpring :)

Im pretty sure there's 1 and a half points in a skinny latte!

P.S How is the aqua fit working for you?? I went one week but chickened out when it came to getting into a swimsuit, i love swimming but I am too self concious for a swim suit right now :(

Kelli

xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

rebelchick2
    Could I ask the same of you, I'm just over 5'6' , 44, and 11st 7lbs, just wondering as in the last 7 weeks have only dropped 5 lbs and thats while putting in some serious effort, maybe I'm pointing it wrong.
    Thanks

Hi there!!! I put u down as sitting all day, Is that ok? If it is then u have 19 points per day! Hope this helps, Best of Luck.

Rebelchick2, thanks a mill, not quite sitting all day tis a mix of being moderate to very active with a bit of sitting, so I suppose on balance it would be moderate.
    That's great, as I was working of 23 points.
    Again, thanks a mill

Hi CarolineSpring :)

Im pretty sure there's 1 and a half points in a skinny latte!

P.S How is the aqua fit working for you?? I went one week but chickened out when it came to getting into a swimsuit, i love swimming but I am too self concious for a swim suit right now :(

Kelli

xxxx

Hi Kelli,

I would not worry about getting into a swimsuit. I am a size 22 and just go for it. I do wish I had a body like cameron diaz but never will, but going to aqua fit might just help!! I find the aqua fit great for a whole body workout. Also it is a bit of fun and keeps me motivated. I would say, kelli just go for it and you will be delighted with yourself and think of all the bonus points....
    In my class women range in size from very tiny to massive, nobody really notices. Just go for it and let me know how you get on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Hello Everyone, I really need your support.

I've been going to Weightwatchers since January and was half a pound off hitting the 3 stone mark and have been skirtking around it (without actually hitting it for nearly 2 months now), with the result that I'm losing focus and now I've put up another 4 pounds so now have 4 and a half pounds to go to hit my 3 stone mark!!!!!

HELP!

I was finding it really easy up to a point, now I can't seem to deprive myself anymore. I'm down from size 20/22 to size 14 and I'm really proud with that but at the same I want to be down to a 10/12.

I wasn't tracking for the last couple of weeks but am back on track now and heading to the gym tonight. I tried to kick start the body by doing the fast start again, to no avail. Was eating chocolate all weekend, maybe that'll help!!!! :P Any advice/pointers appreciated, I really need to get motivated!!!!
    Thanks
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

frowzy that is an amazing amount to have lost and you should be sooooooo proud of yourself to have achieved it:D:D

all i can say is stick with it!!try and remember how it felt when you got your first stone and try to imagine how it will feel when you get your third!!!!

like you say your back on tracking with the tracking i would say keep it up coz i defo find if i start to "forget" to fill out my tracker i start to lose my way a little bit but once i start tracking again i find it much better!

your down to a size 14 from a 2o thats amazing maybe try getting out something from your old wardrobe try it on and compare it to what your wearing now! i have a pair of what i call my fat jeans that i get out when i need a boast and it always helps me get things back into perspective seeing what i have acheived!!

hope that helps stick with it you have come so far and you wioll feel even better when you get that third stone!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Frowzy wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, I really need your support.

I've been going to Weightwatchers since January and was half a pound off hitting the 3 stone mark and have been skirtking around it (without actually hitting it for nearly 2 months now), with the result that I'm losing focus and now I've put up another 4 pounds so now have 4 and a half pounds to go to hit my 3 stone mark!!!!!

HELP!

I was finding it really easy up to a point, now I can't seem to deprive myself anymore. I'm down from size 20/22 to size 14 and I'm really proud with that but at the same I want to be down to a 10/12.

I wasn't tracking for the last couple of weeks but am back on track now and heading to the gym tonight. I tried to kick start the body by doing the fast start again, to no avail. Was eating chocolate all weekend, maybe that'll help!!!! :P Any advice/pointers appreciated, I really need to get motivated!!!!
    Thanks
    F

If you cant cut out anymore then you are at your minimum amount to eat, therefore you better burn more through more exercise or else your weight loss is finished, best of luck.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement