Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

shanasue wrote: »
    hey all...down 3lbs tonight!! yeepee stone gone..:D
    thats 2 gone now....13lbs from goal...
    my weight loss is defiantely in a 2 week cycle, only lost .5lb last week, week before it was 2.5lbs...so for all those who are frustrated with low losses it will hopefully show up next week, keep at it..
    I'm giving myself a break tonight, well from spinning anyway, I've been hard at it for 5-6 days a week for 3 weeks now, spinning, boxercise, zumba, jogging, weights and exercise dvd's...I'M WRECKED!! going to have a nice walk and dinner (not sure what yet!) and prob a glass of vino....i'm so excited!!!
    on another note, I'm going to a 30th on sat, and I havent been out in over 2 months!! think I'll be dancing on the tables after one coors light!!!..whoohoo
    thanks for listening, you are all a great support, I'd be lost (or gained!) with out yee :D

oh i hear you there....one drink and i'll be on my arse :P havent been out in s
    o long! running around mad this evening, getting all the house work done, so tomorrow i have no excuse to not use the treadmill! damage control before going out!

as for tonight....i'm STUFFED! and have 5pp left...

Had Quorn Cottage Pie for dinner,
    and two chopped banana with a spoon of melted honey poured over..so thats my sweet tooth curbed...i've also had like 3 litres of water.....trying to flush out any bloating so i'm sorta flatter for tomorrow night..

i definately find going meat once or twice a week really helps on the scales....ironic...going vegetarian few times a week considering i hate veg lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, down 0.5lb, which is only the bloody half a pound gone that I put up last week. Really disappointed and annoyed. Like weightwatchers say DAILIES + WEEKLIES + ACTIVITY = 1 - 2LB LOSS PER WEEK!!!!! I admit, I ate all my dailies and weeklies, but I went for a jog on Thursday, Saturday, 3 hours of housework on Sunday, walk at lunch on Tuesday and a jog in the evening. Like, I really just don't understand. I have sooo much to lose it looks like I am never going to get there. People who have less to lose than me, and exercise less than me get great losses and I am just stuck in a rut!!! :(:(:(

Ok rant over, I needed that. Now, contingency plan. Going to kill myself with the exercise this week, plan (and hopefully will stick to the plan) to do the couch to 5k on Friday, 5k walk on sat, 6k walk on sun, couch to 5k on Monday and 5k walk on tuesday. My mum suggested that I try and cut down on my carbs, so from Saturday (shopping day) I am having no carbs for breakfast or lunch, only dinner. For breakfast, going to have mini fry on the weekend (medallions, egg, beans) and then weekdays going to have fruit salad and yoghurt. For lunch (don't eat lunch on weekends, just big brunch) so Mon, Tues, Weds going to have some interesting protein rich salads.

I think I just need to, as my leader says, build a bridge and get over it lol

I had a bit of a f**k you weightwatchers moment this evening and got chicken nuggets and chips from the chipper and am having a vodka now but from tomorrow, I am going to try and be sooo good!!!

Sorry for the long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aww no! Keep at it, it will happen!!

I made a Cajun chicken salad for lunch the other day that was gorgeous, just chicken baked in the oven with Cajun powder on it and then 0pp salad, and kraft light honey & mustard dressing. The dressing is free per 15ml so if you don't use any more than that it's 4pp lunch, with a good bit of protein!

Dont lose faith, you'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Would anyone hazard a guess at how many points would be in a brie in breadcrumbs starter in a restaurant? I often have it in a restaurant I love but not sure how awful it is - they normally give 4 pieces which are maybe two inches by an inch in size (racking my brains trying to think of something that would be the same size of them like a matchbox or something but brain is dead!)

Also, would mushrooms in breadcrumps be better or worse? Normally get about 6 of them on the plate in there I think (but they do come with garlic mayo which prob makes them worse!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Stupid headcold. I feel absolutely awful and have no appetite whatsoever. I've had 19pp all day and the thoughts of eating anything now is just not appealing at all. I just want to go to bed.

Friend from NZ that I havent seen in 7 years arrives tomorrow. A day earlier than expected. Need to keep the alcohol in check this weekend :p

• Advertisement

sillysocks wrote: »
    Would anyone hazard a guess at how many points would be in a brie in breadcrumbs starter in a restaurant? I often have it in a restaurant I love but not sure how awful it is - they normally give 4 pieces which are maybe two inches by an inch in size (racking my brains trying to think of something that would be the same size of them like a matchbox or something but brain is dead!)

Also, would mushrooms in breadcrumps be better or worse? Normally get about 6 of them on the plate in there I think (but they do come with garlic mayo which prob makes them worse!)

brie is 4pp per 40g..if thats, breadcrumbs are 1pp per 10g...if thats any help....and i think breaded brie is usually deep fat fried...

i'm a sucker for wicklow brie....in breadcrumbs with that sweet chutney...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Monife wrote: »
    Well, down 0.5lb, which is only the bloody half a pound gone that I put up last week. Really disappointed and annoyed. Like weightwatchers say DAILIES + WEEKLIES + ACTIVITY = 1 - 2LB LOSS PER WEEK!!!!! I admit, I ate all my dailies and weeklies, but I went for a jog on Thursday, Saturday, 3 hours of housework on Sunday, walk at lunch on Tuesday and a jog in the evening. Like, I really just don't understand. I have sooo much to lose it looks like I am never going to get there. People who have less to lose than me, and exercise less than me get great losses and I am just stuck in a rut!!! :(:(:(

Ok rant over, I needed that. Now, contingency plan. Going to kill myself with the exercise this week, plan (and hopefully will stick to the plan) to do the couch to 5k on Friday, 5k walk on sat, 6k walk on sun, couch to 5k on Monday and 5k walk on tuesday. My mum suggested that I try and cut down on my carbs, so from Saturday (shopping day) I am having no carbs for breakfast or lunch, only dinner. For breakfast, going to have mini fry on the weekend (medallions, egg, beans) and then weekdays going to have fruit salad and yoghurt. For lunch (don't eat lunch on weekends, just big brunch) so Mon, Tues, Weds going to have some interesting protein rich salads.

I had a bit of a f**k you weightwatchers moment this evening and got chicken nuggets and chips from the chipper and am having a vodka now but from tomorrow, I am going to try and be sooo good!!!

Sorry for the long post.

that is so frustrating when you don't get the loss you deserve. but down half is better than up. do your clothes feel loser and it's just not showing on the scales? hopefully changing it up will show in the scales

Chicken Drumstick Cooked with Skin (1) 3pp

Chicken Satay (1) 1pp

Chicken Wing (1) 1pp

Cocktail Sausage 1pp

Coleslaw (1 tablespoon) 3pp

Cottage Cheese (1 tablespoon) 1pp

Houmous (1 tablespoon) 3pp

Low Fat Soft Cheese (1 tablespoon) 0pp

Mini Onion Bhaji (1) 2pp

Scotch Egg (1 whole) 8pp

Potato Salad (1 tablespoon) 3pp

Fresh Salsa (1 tablespoon) 0pp

Sausage Roll (party size) 2pp

Smoked Salmon (60g) 2pp

Tzatziki (1 tablespoon) 1pp

Vegetable Samosa (1) 3pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Up 1lb tonight :mad: Fuming as I stuck to plan and have done loads of exercise. I haven't lost any weight since Jan yet I've been sticking to the plan. I am at a lost as to what to do. I'm switching back to pro points to see does it help.

After my WI I was so demotivated but the meeting was actually very good. We got to hear from a few people who have lost 4-5 stone so it has made me more determined just wish it'd work.

Sorry for the rant just in a bad place atm! Well done to everyone who had losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Down 5.5 pounds tonight, absolutely delighted thats 8.5lbs in 2 weeks, had dinner a bit earlier this evening as i had dinner last week just before WI.might have made a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

misslt wrote: »
    Aww no! Keep at it, it will happen!!

I made a Cajun chicken salad for lunch the other day that was gorgeous, just chicken baked in the oven with Cajun powder on it and then 0pp salad, and kraft light honey & mustard dressing. The dressing is free per 15ml so if you don't use any more than that it's 4pp lunch, with a good bit of protein!

Dont lose faith, you'll get there!

Thanks. One question, how do you cook the chicken in the oven without it going really really dry? And what temperature would you cook it on? We have a fan oven that goes up to 220C but I think it is waaaay hotter than that because it cooks food really fast, have to keep checking every few seconds so food isnt black!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks. One question, how do you cook the chicken in the oven without it going really really dry? And what temperature would you cook it on? We have a fan oven that goes up to 220C but I think it is waaaay hotter than that because it cooks food really fast, have to keep checking every few seconds so food isnt black!!

I do it at 200 (fan assisted) and have it wraped in tinfoil for the first 20 minutes or so. Then check it, open the tinfoil and do it for another 10 minutes. Check it inside then to make sure its cooked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Well done you, such a good feeling I am sure!!any tips for the rest of us, did you have to up the exercise much to shed the last few pounds. I have 4lbs to lose to get to goal and hadnt been finding the pp system v effective so went back to points and lost 1.5lb last week, its very slow to come off!!

It must be such a good feeling, cant wait to get there :D

Thank you!! I'm delighted.

I definately put it down to exercise. I do a spin class once or twice a week and started the Couch 2 5k jogging plan a while back so I try and jog twice a week as well. Going to start some toning exercises and get rid of my jelly belly:rolleyes:. Oh and I measure everything, I have porridge every day and i measure every day (little obsessed) I leave the scales on the counter all the time, it's amazing how a 'guesstamated' portion is way off what it actually is!!

Best of luck and i hope the old points system will get rid of those last few pounds for you real quick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

aspie mum wrote: »
    Big break out just ate half a packet of Sun crip bars I am never buying them again they are addictive I hope i didn't do to much damage as I was so good all week WI tomorrow ...........what a day to break....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D:D:D I did the exact same thing when I tried them but I finished the effing pack.......so dangerous!! If the other half is still there throw them away now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

feeling kinda annoyed tonight:mad:... my mum bought me a new top yesterday(thanks mum:)) so brought it home today and tried it on all excited but it didn fit great like it fitted put just showed up all the wrong things... im just not having a good night tonight to be honest just feel really fat:( and horrible and although i have lost 2 stone i just cant see where its come off me i wish i had measured myself when i started ww, going to do it tomarrow i think...
    how much weight do u reckon u have to loose before u go down a size??

shanasue wrote: »
    Oh ladies and gents, try Gillians workout DVD's..they are a killer but fantastic!! there is one called 30 day Shred the workouts are only 20mins but really really good...espc for the inches!! :D think that one is a few years old now so might get her latest...she shouts at you tho:eek:

Oh my god are you trying to kill us!? :eek: just tried one of those workouts don't think i'll be able to walk tomorrow but say if i do it regularly i'll notice the difference quickly really good work out, i'll have abs of steel in no time!!

izzy24 wrote: »
    feeling kinda annoyed tonight:mad:... my mum bought me a new top yesterday(thanks mum:)) so brought it home today and tried it on all excited but it didn fit great like it fitted put just showed up all the wrong things... im just not having a good night tonight to be honest just feel really fat:( and horrible and although i have lost 2 stone i just cant see where its come off me i wish i had measured myself when i started ww, going to do it tomarrow i think...
    how much weight do u reckon u have to loose before u go down a size??

Congrats on the 2 stone! my leader told me it's 10lbs a dress size but think thats bs to be honest i've lost just over 2 stone and down 1-2 sizes depending on the shop! wish you could pick where the weight comes off, hate my stupid muffin top but it is slowly getting smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Down 3 tonight and got another silver 7, very happy. Have a school trip for 4 days this week so its going to be very tough, we have to eat the same food the students are served up, so I'm expecting everything to be fried and served with chips :mad: It's going to be tough to control. Also won't have the opportunity to exercise as I can't exactly say mind yourselves there for a while lads I'm off for a walk (as much as they would love that). Will be amazed if I'm down on the scales next week.
    For all those disappointed with 0.5lb losses, our leader has a jar she melted half a pound of lard into, totally disgusting, that she shows you everytime we say only half a pound. It sort of puts things into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Bought the chocolate alpro soya desserts today based on very enthusiastic recommendations from couple people from my class.....blah! Did nothing for me and it was 3 bloody PP. Now got three more sitting in the fridge lol, may go straight to the bin!

Each to their own I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I had a few posts quoted (Fii and Ibarelycare) about staying the same, or only being down .5lb (yes I say only) but I said I would just post my own post!!! It will happen, and we can do it :D:D:D

I have the WW food tracker diary thing and after my STS this week (after not going over and having a few activity points to spare) I wrote on each page of my tracker "YES I CAN :) ", it's so fecking hard this time around but it's better that it comes off slowly and stays off. Yes it's disheartening to not lose 1lb or more a week but we will get there!!!!

To all STS - YES YOU CAN and to everyone who was down this week - you show us WE CAN :) I know it's cheesy but I am fed up to f with WW so I need the cheesy lines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Was down 0.5lb tonight...a lil disappointed as wanted to get under the 16st but am now at 16st even so will get it next week. Dint point properly all week and even tho i didn't eat too much each day I was making bad choices, damn sun - ice-cream & slushes :rolleyes:

Anyone know how many PP in slushes?? I've had my chipper tonight and back on track tomorrow - gonna really pull it out of the bag this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Millieboo wrote: »
    Bought the chocolate alpro soya desserts today based on very enthusiastic recommendations from couple people from my class.....blah! Did nothing for me and it was 3 bloody PP. Now got three more sitting in the fridge lol, may go straight to the bin!

Each to their own I guess :)

HAHAHAHA I love them on meringues (2 for 3pp from M&S) with strawberries, but my sister HATES them!!! If you like custard the M&S Custard is good and low!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Blooming wrote: »
    :D:D:D I did the exact same thing when I tried them but I finished the effing pack.......so dangerous!! If the other half is still there throw them away now:D

had bought 2 packets so i gave one next store aand got my kids to et the rest of this pack.....they are a bit confused s I never normlly follow them around encouraging them to eat junk usually I am taking it off them trlling thrm you've enough:eek::eek:

woo hoo 2 good days in a row...

i tend to eat high volumes of low pp foods, rather than low volumes of high pp foods. I'd rather have 300g of Chicken breast than 200g of steak, Both are 9pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey just a quick question cos I left my books in work, can anyone tell me how many pp are in a cream cracker? Just demolished 6 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

1PP per cream cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Elliejo wrote: »
    1PP per cream cracker.

Thank you, am fuming with myself,just wasted 12 pp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Sorry for the long post.

It can be discouraging when you see others have -4lbs losses every week. I know it's annoyed me from time to time (not to take away from your losses ladies ;) )
    I don't have a whole lot to lose - I'd be happy with a stone really, but it's coming off soooo slowly for me.
    But again, it's the LOSS that matters in the long run. We've made a decision to get healthier, rather than sitting around letting our butts expand! ha
    We put it on slowly, and even if it comes off slowly, it's still coming off. Better that than gaining even more, right?

I need a cheat day every once in a while. Nothing wrong with that.
    Just pick yourself up tomorrow, and keep going.
    We can do this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

nothing usefull to say, just wanted to own post 12,000 on this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Oooh that sounds yum, do you've a recipe for it?

It was just some chicken, whatever veg I had in the fridge, half a packet of the chow mein noodles from Lidl and a packet of the Blue Dragon Teriyaki sauce. Ended up with a massive portion for only 7pp (total dish was 14pp between the two of us). :) Although, tbh, the sauce wasn't the nicest out of the Blue Dragon range, I prefer the S&S one.

WI tonight. Would like to be down 1lbs to bring me to my next goal of 10st 2lbs but not sure as didn't have the best weekend! And also because tomorrow is my bday, so I'm going to be having a fairly indulgent weekend :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement