Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

kildareash wrote: »
    +1million for iwatchr.
    I'm wracking my brains trying to think of which one of the lovely ladies on here recommend the in app upgrade, think it was about 79c. It has weight tracker on...the graph is deadly you can really see it going down whereas other ones I've used didn't show it as clearly.
    I also use map my fitness for timing Walks. Great for measuring your progress to.

That was me :) love my iwatcher & map my fitness apps also like my Propoints app for when I forget my calculator

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

End of week 13 and I lost another lb so that is 15lbs altogether since beginning of January. I know its slow but I am happy at the way its going because im determined to keep it off. Got my first stone yesterday and a big boola bus from the class SHAMER! :o So its sitting in my purse ready to bite my hand any time I reach in to pay for bold food! Maybe I should tape it to my fridge.

Have just binged on 3 pieces of white bread and butter, seriously why do I do that! Over it now gonna walk the backside off myself this weekend. Enjoy everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I'm trying to think of a way to include bananas in my diet- have heard they're good for energy after running (I'mfollowing the c2 5k plan). would a smoothie be a good way of doing so? anybody any nice recipes they'd like to share??!

Also ya know the lidl pizzas ya get 3 of them in a box, the plain margarita (don't think thats spelled right!!) how many PP are ye working them out as? 18/19?

I'm officially re-joining WW next week so I'll invest in a calculator then and have less 'how many PP in ........' questions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

intouch44 wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a way to include bananas in my diet- have heard they're good for energy after running (I'mfollowing the c2 5k plan). would a smoothie be a good way of doing so? anybody any nice recipes they'd like to share??!

Also ya know the lidl pizzas ya get 3 of them in a box, the plain margarita (don't think thats spelled right!!) how many PP are ye working them out as? 18/19?

I'm officially re-joining WW next week so I'll invest in a calculator then and have less 'how many PP in ........' questions :p

a few pages back i posted a few banana muffin recipes, but to really get the energy benefit from them....you'd be better off just peeling one and eating them...cooking decreasing the nutritional properties.

A banana and yoghurt smoothie would be ideal way...it would be quickly absorbed into your system

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Omg I just had the most delicious dinner crispy chicken Caesar salad and Cajun spiced baby potatoes wedges all for 16pp nom nom nom

• Advertisement

how did you make the wedges? might try them tomorrow night with half a pizza!

Thanks for that Lainy!

Decided to buy the Sun Rice today in Aldi to see what they were like, am raging, can't stop eating the fecking things! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Originally Posted by vepyewwo viewpost.gif
    Hey guys, have never posted in this thread before but have been lurking for a good while, need the inspiration!

Does anyone have any idea how many points in reduced fat coleslaw from superquinn? The whole carton is 250g, had about 1.5 tablespoons. (preferably the old weight watchers points cos I'm still using those!)

Thanks in advancewink.gif
    Millieboo wrote: »
    It's 3PP per 60g, I'm sorry but don't know old points.....however you can work it out by (per 60g) 90kcal / 0.9 Sat Fat

Thanks a mill! Not as much damage as I thought. Damn you mother for bringing home coleslaw and superquinn brown bread, it's just pure temptation!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Thanks for that Lainy!

Decided to buy the Sun Rice today in Aldi to see what they were like, am raging, can't stop eating the fecking things! :o

I am not normally an advocate of wasteing food(hence the need to go to WW) but on this occasion throw them in the bin ...i did with the last 3 pity I had ate the first 9....lol:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Thanks for that Lainy!

i saw them last week and left them there,,if they were individualy wrapped i could cope with them but can't open the whole pack and take 2:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just completed my 3mile(5km) run in .....0:29:25!!!!:cool:

I went for my first run on 14/02/2011, and ended up having to walk the lot, which took me exactly 45mins

Now, 2months later, I am able to jog 90-95% of the 3miles and and do it sub 30mins!!

To say that I am absolutely delighted would be an understatement!!:D I'm happier now than any wednesday when the lbs fall off!!

Oh, did I mention, .... I'm sooooooooooo happy!!:P

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    how did you make the wedges? might try them tomorrow night with half a pizza!

I preheat my oven to 180 then I boil the baby spuds till they're cooked then cut them into lil wedges (1/4's) then pop them into a lil bowl and using my spray olive oil coat them giving them a shake to make sure they're well coated then sprinkle with scwartz Cajun spice and shake again lightly coating them then pop into the oven top shelf for 15 mins

It took me a couple of goes to get it right but I've got the hang of doing them now they turn out lovely every time and sooooooo yummy

I've given instructions to my brother that he is to eat them all, am not buying them again, I cannot handle temptation!!

1 or 2 bananas and 100ml of Activia Pouring Vanilla Yogurt

would probably give a really nice smoothie for a whopping 2pp!

Layla0509 wrote: »
    I preheat my oven to 180 then I boil the baby spuds till they're cooked then cut them into lil wedges (1/4's) then pop them into a lil bowl and using my spray olive oil coat them giving them a shake to make sure they're well coated then sprinkle with scwartz Cajun spice and shake again lightly coating them then pop into the oven top shelf for 15 mins

It took me a couple of goes to get it right but I've got the hang of doing them now they turn out lovely every time and sooooooo yummy

SOLD! I'm so having wedges and pizza tomorrow night :D

regardless of what the WI says....i think the booze is catching up with me...feel so bloated and blaaaah....come on scales....give me 1lb tomorrow and i'll be ecstatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

@eabhabear....do u think ur kind of over thinking WW and as a result your stressing so much your not losing weight?
    I know it sound completely off the wall but my leader was telling us about this woman who had lost 5/6 stone. She wasn't far off
    Goal but she had stopped losing weight. One week the leader told her to
    Go home and relax for a few days. Not go mad or anything, but just not worry about tracking every crumb that went into her mouth. It worked for her she lost like 2lbs the following week and got to her goal eventually.
    I'm not saying you are, but just throwing it out as a suggestion.
    I really admire your perseverance. I wld have cracked by now and gone back to my old bad habits.

Layla...those wedges sound really nice. Deffo going to try them some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Fiii wrote: »
    That's great - well done!
    Maybe that's where I'm going wrong - I tend not to eat all of my weeklies.
    How does everyone do it? A little extra each day? Or save it all for 1 'cheat' day?

I usually use a good chunk of mine on Friday and Saturday for a few vodka's and nibbles. If I am going out for dinner, would use most if not all of weeklies on that and if it is a night out on the tiles, I would go waaaay over the 49!! Hardly ever use them during the week unless I am having a bad day.

Feeling positive today and looking forward to starting my new week tomorrow with carbs only in my dinner (and my few nibbles with my drinks but that is only for Sat night). Going to try it out and try my best and if I get a good loss, then I will consider alternating days of carbs etc

Feel a little guilty that I haven't exercised today (or yesterday), but I was in quite a bit of pain because I got my implanon removed and another one put in, my arm was KILLING me and I even did the shopping today without the OH so had to carry everything. Going to go out for a nice long walk tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Oooh one question for all you culinary geniuses...

How would you season and cook 3 chicken breasts for a salad?

Having chicken salad for my lunches in work this week.

I know someone mentioned cooking them in tinfoil to keep them moist. Would you do all 3 in the one bit of tinfoil or 3 separate bits and close the tinfoil right over? (Sorry if this is a stupid question but any time I cook a chicken breast in the oven it is rock solid).

Also, for seasoning, I was thinking rub a bit of oil on the chicken and rub some either chilli powder/paprika/mixed spices. Which one would you guys recommend to give it a nice flavour?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ok we have 23 members for the ww league table

should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Monife wrote: »

I know someone mentioned cooking them in tinfoil to keep them moist. Would you do all 3 in the one bit of tinfoil or 3 separate bits and close the tinfoil right over? (Sorry if this is a stupid question but any time I cook a chicken breast in the oven it is rock solid).

Also, for seasoning, I was thinking rub a bit of oil on the chicken and rub some either chilli powder/paprika/mixed spices. Which one would you guys recommend to give it a nice flavour?

Thanks.

I had a hot chicken salad today for lunch - in a restaurant (didn't cook it myself so don't know exactly how it was done) - but it was cooked in paprika, garlic, onions and a little white wine and it was DELICIOUS!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi, does anyone know how many pro points are in a packet of the After 8 Sweets, the packet similar to the Red Munchies???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 greys24

Hey guys just reading this thread, its brilliant! someone was pointing yogurts - Irish Diet Yogurts are only 1 point each & they are tasty & sweet. Nice with mandarins or strawberries as a treat.
    And someone else asked about smoothies - the one in the WW book you get when you start class is yummy - strawberries, 1 banana, natural yogurt & ice cubes & only 2 points!!

Oops - should be low fat natural yogurt in there sorry!

Hi, does anyone know how many pro points are in a packet of the After 8 Sweets, the packet similar to the Red Munchies???????

Using the NI value in the 4th paragraph of the following link, it is coming up as 1PP per sweet...

http://thechocolatereview.wordpress.com/category/nestle/

Although using the below link, it is coming up as 8PP per packet of after 8 munchies...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/nestle-after-eight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Thanks, excellent website.
    how do you work out the pro points when the fibre is not listed????

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks.

I cook chicken breasts like this all the time. I spray them in low cal spray and coat them in a bit of mild chilli powder or cajun mix. I only cook one at a time but I'm sure if you placed 3 of them on tin foil on a baking dish and then covered, it would be fine.

I have a fan oven and put it to 180, any hotter and I find they dry out. Completely cover with tin foil and cook for about 20 minutes, and then open the tin foil slightly and cook for another 5 minutes. They should be cooked by then, but stick a knife in to see if the juices are running clear. If not, give them another few minutes.

This is my absolute favourite way to cook chicken breasts as they never fail to come out completely tender and moist. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Thanks, excellent website.
    how do you work out the pro points when the fibre is not listed????

if fibre isnt listed just imput 0 in the value for it

I usually use a good chunk of mine on Friday and Saturday for a few vodka's and nibbles. If I am going out for dinner, would use most if not all of weeklies on that and if it is a night out on the tiles, I would go waaaay over the 49!! Hardly ever use them during the week unless I am having a bad day.

Feeling positive today and looking forward to starting my new week tomorrow with carbs only in my dinner (and my few nibbles with my drinks but that is only for Sat night). Going to try it out and try my best and if I get a good loss, then I will consider alternating days of carbs etc

Feel a little guilty that I haven't exercised today (or yesterday), but I was in quite a bit of pain because I got my implanon removed and another one put in, my arm was KILLING me and I even did the shopping today without the OH so had to carry everything. Going to go out for a nice long walk tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

eeek is it really painful? I gotta get one put in end of the summer....

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I just got mine out too! Didn't get another in though - was having really bad problems with it and just couldn't hack it anymore.
    Twas painless enough for me though. I have a wee bruise, but that's it.

I think maybe I need to only have carbs with 1 meal too. I realised I eat a very carb heavy diet.

Had a bit of a cheat day today - got home and the bf wanted a chinese. I couldn't say no!
    Wanted to be goodish and get chow mein, but caved and got a 4in1 tray. :eek::mad:
    Anyone any idea how to point it?
    I tried (by going on the old point system, as there seem to be alot of posts on the interwebz for the older system, and then doubling the points for pp).
    Worked out at 41pp!!! :eek:
    That's my weeklies used so! haha. I had all 49 still, so don't feel too bad.
    Feel too full now though. Don't think I'll be doing that again!

WOOOOOOOOOOO just had my WI and I'm down 7 yes 7lbs am over the moon I'm so close to my mini goal before vegas (only 3 more WI's)

• Advertisement

wow thats amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement