Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Thanks Lainy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Was down a 1lb...happy out!

Was seeing better numbers earlier in the week...but i'm sure they'll show them selves next week (i hope)

Lainy that's brill even after a night on the beer well done

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Lainy that's brill even after a night on the beer well done

dont i know it! :D new day new week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done on the losses, ladies, that's great. What have u been doing differently over the last wk or so Layla?

On the chicken breasts, I always spray some of the lf oil in the dish first and then spray some over the chicken too. Sprinkle sage and tarragon and whatever herbs says nice with chicken on the jars, cover with tin foil and thrown in the oven. If you find their drying out during cooking just add some water to the dish.
    I cook them at about 180 for 25/30 minutes. Taking the tinfoil off for the last 5 to let the breasts brown.
    You need a bit of seasoning, especially if your gonna have it with a salad.

• Advertisement

Exactly I think me eating all my weeklies on alternate wks is what's working for me I only ate half last wk and all this wk 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

mdbatches wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, just needed to hear some motivation! I reckon the chinese played havok with my bloodsugars so I craved crap the next day aswell. So annoying! anyway Ive been doing good today and its a long time until wednesday. Its my birthday Wednesday week so I hope I can get a good bit off before then! :)

You will be fine! However, don't be too hard on yourself if your loss next week is not as good. You did exceptionally well for your first week.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just completed my 3mile(5km) run in .....0:29:25!!!!:cool:

I went for my first run on 14/02/2011, and ended up having to walk the lot, which took me exactly 45mins

Now, 2months later, I am able to jog 90-95% of the 3miles and and do it sub 30mins!!

To say that I am absolutely delighted would be an understatement!!:D I'm happier now than any wednesday when the lbs fall off!!

Oh, did I mention, .... I'm sooooooooooo happy!!:P

That is just wonderful news! Great to read such positivity. Thanks.

I preheat my oven to 180 then I boil the baby spuds till they're cooked then cut them into lil wedges (1/4's) then pop them into a lil bowl and using my spray olive oil coat them giving them a shake to make sure they're well coated then sprinkle with scwartz Cajun spice and shake again lightly coating them then pop into the oven top shelf for 15 mins

It took me a couple of goes to get it right but I've got the hang of doing them now they turn out lovely every time and sooooooo yummy

Going to make homemade burgers and do these with them tonight. Prob need to give them gas Mark 5/6? Anyone know? Might just need to keep an eye first time.

kashmir wrote: »
    Going to make homemade burgers and do these with them tonight. Prob need to give them gas Mark 5/6? Anyone know? Might just need to keep an eye first time.

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/kitchen/oventemp.htm

A really handy link, cos i use alot of american sites, and they are always in F

• Advertisement

Exactly I think me eating all my weeklies on alternate wks is what's working for me I only ate half last wk and all this wk 

lol looks like we're all cooking your wedges tonight :p

Monife wrote: »
    Using the NI value in the 4th paragraph of the following link, it is coming up as 1PP per sweet...

http://thechocolatereview.wordpress.com/category/nestle/

Although using the below link, it is coming up as 8PP per packet of after 8 munchies...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/nestle-after-eight

Do you know those Emerald chocolate toffees? I have got into a very bad habit of buying a pack when I buy petrol. Have done it for the past 3 weeks! You can't stop eating them... addictive. Problem is, never point them or track them. They are 1pp each but a big bag.

kashmir wrote: »
    Do you know those Emerald chocolate toffees? I have got into a very bad habit of buying a pack when I buy petrol. Have done it for the past 3 weeks! You can't stop eating them... addictive. Problem is, never point them or track them. They are 1pp each but a big bag.

your best going by the 100g pp value then...and if its like a 200g double the pp

Oh god

Its the start of my wk have already had 8pp this morning (treated mysrlf to an omlette & toast) but just got a txt from my best mate asking us to go down to theirs for the night she's making an Indian with naan bread and drinks I wouldn't even know how to pp it can anyone give me a rough guess? Or should I just allocate my weeklies for it I'll earn at least 20 activity pp this wk I'll have salad and 0pp soup for the rest of the day

What do ya reckon

Oh god

Its the start of my wk have already had 8pp this morning (treated mysrlf to an omlette & toast) but just got a txt from my best mate asking us to go down to theirs for the night she's making an Indian with naan bread and drinks I wouldn't even know how to pp it can anyone give me a rough guess? Or should I just allocate my weeklies for it I'll earn at least 20 activity pp this wk I'll have salad and 0pp soup for the rest of the day

What do ya reckon

if you can maybe try and pop to tesco or something and pick up a low pp naan for your self...Naan in general is leathal! but its just damn good,

Try not to take too much sauce....that means then you'll be less tempted to tear off some naan to soak it up...drink loads of water! 2 or 3 pints before heading to hers tonight...to kinda fill you up.

Any idea what kinda dish she's making, it creamy or tomato based?

resturaunt portion of Naan is 12pp and Poppadoms are about 4 - 6pp EACH

I'll ask her she kinda follows WW aswell so she understands

I'll ask her she kinda follows WW aswell so she understands

the tesco light choices indian sauces are SO yummy and come in MASSIVE 500g jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    the tesco light choices indian sauces are SO yummy and come in MASSIVE 500g jars.
    +1
    I really like all of the Tesco cooking sauces. Tesco also do a ''Discount Brands'' range and the pasta sauces usually work out slightly lower in PP than the WW sauces and the Light Choices sauces. If you roast a load of vegetables and add them in with a quorn product of your choice, you get a really good value filling dinner. Great if you're short on time and can't face making a sauce from scratch.

I had half a WW pizza and made a tuna salad using lime, ginger & coriander for the dressing today and lunch came to a total of 7pp :D

Hope everyone is doing ok, I haven't been on this thread in awhile so need to catch up.
    I stayed the same the last two weeks but am 8lbs away from goal so happy to take it slowly. Have discovered two new treats, one is the new Penguin wafer bars (3pp) and the other are bars called Tasty Little Numbers (they come in white, milk & dark chocolate) and they are 3pp too. My weeklys have taken a hit this week with the introduction of these!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

eeek is it really painful? I gotta get one put in end of the summer....

It's not bad at all when you're getting it done. Just a pinch for the injection and you feel the sensation but not the pain. Was quite quick. Probably hurt me more than others during the day because I had to drive from my doctors in Greystones back to Dublin and I stopped off in Aldi and Tesco and did the shopping on my own so lots of reaching for things and carrying things. You'll be grand. It's grand today, going to go out for a long walk today :)

It's not bad at all when you're getting it done. Just a pinch for the injection and you feel the sensation but not the pain. Was quite quick. Probably hurt me more than others during the day because I had to drive from my doctors in Greystones back to Dublin and I stopped off in Aldi and Tesco and did the shopping on my own so lots of reaching for things and carrying things. You'll be grand. It's grand today, going to go out for a long walk today :)

awww i <3 greystones, my ex was from newtown, today would be perfect day for walking around glendalough!

Spent the last few hours washing the doggies as a test run of all the equipment :) :O cant b8lieve its nealy 4 o clock....have only used 4pp today so far :O lol you lose all sense of time when up to your eyes in wet dog :P

hmmm LUNCH....starving now! :P time for poached egg and birds eye waffle
    7pp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have no idea what's wrong with me this week,but am just so not motivated at all, and eating a lot of rubbish and haven't really exercised. Am so annoyed with myself, but not annoyed enough to do something about it. Really need to get back on track. Only positive thing is I've tracked everything, so haven't cheated so to speak. Anyway sorry for the negative post, but felt if I wrote it down I'd feel better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

awww i <3 greystones, my ex was from newtown, today would be perfect day for walking around glendalough!

Greystones is nice for visiting, to live on the other hand is quite boring. There's no decent pubs/clubs to go to. I usually end up spending most of my time in Bray.

I've had a pretty good few days so far, but tonight should be the test, I'm going out to town and will be drinking for the first time in ages. Think I'm going to try and stick to spirits and diet mixers. Also if I want food afterwards, I think I'll try and convince people to go to Subway or something so I have a bit of control!

lol was just cracking my pizza for later cos only want to cook half of it.....it smashed into smiderines! lol half of it is ok...the rest it lol i just threw out to the dogs! have a nice big portion of baby potatoes boiled up too to make wedges :D

half pizza 9pp
    400g baby potato wedges 8pp
    3 tablespoons extra light mayo 1pp
    Total = 18pp :D

NOT BAD FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT SPLURGE!
    TOTALLY WELL WITHIN MY POINTS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Just for those who are not feeling motivated at all this week... i was the excat same come yest and i was really pi**ed off for some reason but after work i got out and did my c25k even tho it was killing me... well i ended up running much much longer than i ever thought i could and i felt great... really brought me back to where i wanted to be... so i would defo recomend some exersize and that might just help :D (never in my wildest dreams did i ever imagine i would say that ha)

Also if anyone like hot & spicy food like i do... if you havent already tried it YOU MUST, knorr Hot Curry sauce...its just so delicious only 1 pro point per serving. Delish with chicken rice & loadsa veg :)

Just back from my first 5k walk ever!!! :) Delighted with myself, was grand, runners started rubbing a bit half way through but brought plasters with me and put them on and then it was grand. Going to try for 6k tomorrow :)

I did the walk in about an hour, so that is a speed of about 5km/hr. Would anyone know if that is classed as low or moderate intensity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Bah... I'm on a camping trip with Scouts and I've had no sleep and I'm nearly out of points, so tempted to say ''to hell with WW'', but I won't cause YES I CAN!

Just back from my first 5k walk ever!!! :) Delighted with myself, was grand, runners started rubbing a bit half way through but brought plasters with me and put them on and then it was grand. Going to try for 6k tomorrow :)

I did the walk in about an hour, so that is a speed of about 5km/hr. Would anyone know if that is classed as low or moderate intensity?

WELL DONE YOU! THATS GREAT!!!!

its different for everyone...its based on the strain and effort that exercise put on your body...the same speed,distance,time could be moderate for one person, low for another....or high for another person...

but the general rule of thumb i've kinda noticed is 1pp for ever 10mins walking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ok peeps heres the line up for the ww league table

Eircom Sucks
    Layla0509
    Saexpat
    Misslt
    irishfm
    Aspie_mum
    Millieboo
    GT_TDI_150
    sillysocks
    Onnie
    ibarelycare
    rachelryan29
    jackmax
    Bubbaloo
    tattoo86
    brightstar
    Kateos2
    Kty
    fofany
    annabellax
    Monife
    lil kc
    amre17
    shanasue
    elliex

its officially over for parcipitation , remember people pm me by friday evening and i'll post results on sat

Get motivated to stay on track as you head towards your goals.

One of the best ways to achieve any goal is to get really clear about what you want and why. If your goal at the moment is 'to lose weight', here are five ways to get that clarity.

1. Get positive
    You can be motivated towards what you want (e.g. to be slim) and/or away from what you don't want (e.g. to be fat). However, our brains have trouble processing negatives, so thinking about not being fat means you first have to think about being fat – and constantly thinking about being fat gives your brain the message that that's what you are aiming for!

So think about what you do want rather than what you don't want.

2. Get specific
    What weight do you want to be? Imagine you have reached that weight. Now ask yourself:

What is the date?
    What size clothes are you wearing? What style are they?
    How do you feel? What are people saying to you?
    What is your attitude to food?
    What do you think when you see yourself in the mirror?
    What else do you notice?

Get your goal as specific as it can be.

3. Get connected
    Now 'connect' your weight loss goal to other goals, by asking yourself: when I achieve my goal, what will that give me? When you have the answer, ask the same question again: what will that give me?

For example, getting down to a size 12 might give you the confidence to wear a bikini on the beach and that might give you a feeling that you are one of the crowd... and so on. Connecting your goal to other things you want will give you more determination to reach it.

4. Get focused
    Next, focus on the small steps you'll need to take to reach your goal. How are you going to get from where you are to where you want to be?

If your ultimate goal weight seems a long way away and you feel daunted by it, break it up into a series of mini goals, which are more do-able. Aim for 7lb at a time, or if that still feels too big, try 2 or 3lb. Or think in terms of what you can achieve in a day or a week, with goals like 'I will try a new healthy recipe today' or 'I will exercise for 30 minutes three times this week'. And whatever your smaller goals, make sure they are positive, specific and connected too (see tips above).

5. Get started
    Start by writing down your goal – you can use our special goal form to help you – and putting it where you'll see it every day. This will act as a reminder and will be a strong motivational tool as you progress towards your goal. And once you've taken this important step, it's time to start achieving your first mini-goal...

It's never too late to get going
    Although it's a good idea to set clear goals at the beginning of a project, you can work through these steps any time you want to renew your motivation. Be aware that goals change, too. As you work towards a goal and gather more information, you may change your mind about what you want – if so, that's a good time to revisit this page.

SPECIAL GOAL FORM ATTACHED AS PDF!

We all lose our way sometimes....

• Advertisement

ok peeps heres the line up for the ww league table

Eircom Sucks
    Layla0509
    Saexpat
    Misslt
    irishfm
    Aspie_mum
    Millieboo
    GT_TDI_150
    sillysocks
    Onnie
    ibarelycare
    rachelryan29
    jackmax
    Bubbaloo
    tattoo86
    brightstar
    Kateos2
    Kty
    fofany
    annabellax
    Monife
    lil kc
    amre17
    shanasue
    elliex

its officially over for parcipitation , remember people pm me by friday evening and i'll post results on sat

Good stuff. Are you doing the % thing of weight loss against total weight (like The Biggest Loser) for it to be fair?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement