Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I have spent the entire day with my head in the books. I also have a cold and the beginnings of an ear infection. Great.

On the plus side I haven't had time to eat (much) today, but also no time for exercise.

I feel like death and just want to get into bed and cry, but I can't.

Have 45 weeklies left so I think I'll have a small glass of wine tonight, I deserve it :P

Having steak and homemade wedges for dinner, these wedges seem very popular tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    I have spent the entire day with my head in the books. I also have a cold and the beginnings of an ear infection. Great.

On the plus side I haven't had time to eat (much) today, but also no time for exercise.

I feel like death and just want to get into bed and cry, but I can't.

Have 45 weeklies left so I think I'll have a small glass of wine tonight, I deserve it :P

Having steak and homemade wedges for dinner, these wedges seem very popular tonight!!

I'm having them with 1/2 pizza tonight! there in the oven as we speak!

ENJOY YOUR NIGHT Layla!

Loving your wedges! Thank you :D:D:D

This dinner is SO good for 18pp

Wedges 8pp
    Pizza 9pp
    Mayo 1pp

decided to go a bit wild and added a smige of ketchup to the mayo :P

ENJOY THE INDIAN!!! you did amazing this week!

Forgot to attach pic :P

Its just THAT good....haha sad i know

I'm STUFFED :O

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Well, i have been completely off the wagon for the last week and a half. I have been a total disgrace. I put up a half pound wednesday week ago and as a result thought i'd take one day off.

One day became a week and a half. I'm back to the points now from today, but have cut down on the carbs for a couple of days and will exercise a good bit (in the garden all day today digging and will be doing the house work tomorrow).

I am soooo disgusted with myself. Dreading Wednesday now for the 'comeuppance' weigh in...... my own fault, but still.

I CAN I WILL (please!)

Dee01 wrote: »
    Well, i have been completely off the wagon for the last week and a half. I have been a total disgrace. I put up a half pound wednesday week ago and as a result thought i'd take one day off.

One day became a week and a half. I'm back to the points now from today, but have cut down on the carbs for a couple of days and will exercise a good bit (in the garden all day today digging and will be doing the house work tomorrow).

I am soooo disgusted with myself. Dreading Wednesday now for the 'comeuppance' weigh in...... my own fault, but still.

I CAN I WILL (please!)

YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE DOING IT! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »

That does look gorgeous. Must do that next weekend.

I had a DIY takeaway tonight too. Chicken Balti (homemade), 80g (dried) rice and a WW naan. Absolutely stuffed and all for 15PP.

Only had 7PP for brunch (woke up at 1pm today :eek:) so have 12PP left for a few vodka's and nibbles later, all within my dailies :) Hopefully won't go over the dailies as I have already eaten 33PP of my weeklies and wanted to keep it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I failed and am over by 8 points and have only earned 4 activity points so far :(:(

Why the fook is it so hard :(

Monife wrote: »
    That does look gorgeous. Must do that next weekend.

I had a DIY takeaway tonight too. Chicken Balti (homemade), 80g (dried) rice and a WW naan. Absolutely stuffed and all for 15PP.

Only had 7PP for brunch (woke up at 1pm today :eek:) so have 12PP left for a few vodka's and nibbles later, all within my dailies :) Hopefully won't go over the dailies as I have already eaten 33PP of my weeklies and wanted to keep it at that.

Worked out way cheaper cost wise than take out too...double bonus!

hehe i have 12pp left too but right now....honestly dont think i could actually manage any more food.....lol yeah be sure to throw that in my face later when i'm confessing a nose dive into the biscuit tin....

i know theres two skinny cow ice creams in the freezer, only 2pp each...so if the sweet tooth does kick in that should cover me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

i know theres two skinny cow ice creams in the freezer, only 2pp each...so if the sweet tooth does kick in that should cover me. :D

OMG the mint choc chip ones are to die for sooooooo much more tastier than they used to be :)

Layla0509 wrote: »
    OMG the mint choc chip ones are to die for sooooooo much more tastier than they used to be :)

and they last ages :) i have some of the triple choc chip.....nom nom nom...was great today....taking an ice cream break while washing the dogs outside in the sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Good stuff. Are you doing the % thing of weight loss against total weight (like The Biggest Loser) for it to be fair?

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Finding it so hard at the moment to stay within my daily/weekly points! I think i am feeling a bit demotivated by just losing 1lb each week for the last 3 weeks. I've a family wedding to go to in 3 weeks and a beautiful dress to fit into, I bought a size 12 as the 14 was swimming on me, when i bought it a few weeks ago it didn't close but i was determined it'd fit! Now it does close but i feel like i am bulging out a bit over the top (it is strapless), it fits perfectly everywhere but i hate that unslightly bulge. As i mentioned i've only 3 weeks to lose it BUT i'm off on a sun hol next week for a week so I'm terrified I'll put weight on! Has anyone any tips/advice for me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

uugh I just spent the whole day studying zZ unfortunately this is the agenda for the forseeable few weeks!

Anyways I know some of the rest of you are studying at the moment too so i'm hoping I'm not the only one who finds it sooo hard to sit there and resist snacking..often!! I'm so bad for it but sure it gets me through!

anyways thought I'd post some of the low point snacks that keep me sain these long days and see if any use to you guys!

mini raisins 1pp
    sugar free jelly 0pp
    velvet crunch 2pp
    Special K Bliss 2pp (my lifesaver!!)
    Grapes (If you freeze them they are amazing-just like chewy sweets!) i also have the fridge lined with punnets of strawberries,raspberries and blueberries..2 for €5 in Tesco
    vitalinea yogurts 1pp
    tesco salt and vinegar rice cakes 1pp each
    freshly cut pineapple-nom

I usually mix up a bowl with the berries, grapes,pineapple and put the raisins through it every few hours and just leave it on the desk beside me for picking!

Happy studying/eating xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aaaarghhhhh my fridge-freezer just died!!!! Gah!!!! And it was completely full of food! Thankfully we caught it before everything defrosted and got the stuff round to a friends house. It means now I have to go and buy a new one :( it was one my mum gave us when we moved it, there was a fridge already here so thank god I could put the fridge stuff in there, we only did the shopping today!

So can't be arsed cooking now, was going to get a takeaway but i think I'll do a weight watchers dinner - want to save a few points for a drink tonight.

What a nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

misslt wrote: »
    Aaaarghhhhh my fridge-freezer just died!!!! Gah!!!! And it was completely full of food! Thankfully we caught it before everything defrosted and got the stuff round to a friends house. It means now I have to go and buy a new one :( it was one my mum gave us when we moved it, there was a fridge already here so thank god I could put the fridge stuff in there, we only did the shopping today!

So can't be arsed cooking now, was going to get a takeaway but i think I'll do a weight watchers dinner - want to save a few points for a drink tonight.

What a nightmare :(

go on to adverts.ie, they do have great stuff. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lainy, where do you get the skinny cow icecreams? Can never find them and opted for WW mini magnums and mini icecreams but they are TINY for 3PP.
    Elemis wrote: »
    Finding it so hard at the moment to stay within my daily/weekly points! I think i am feeling a bit demotivated by just losing 1lb each week for the last 3 weeks. I've a family wedding to go to in 3 weeks and a beautiful dress to fit into, I bought a size 12 as the 14 was swimming on me, when i bought it a few weeks ago it didn't close but i was determined it'd fit! Now it does close but i feel like i am bulging out a bit over the top (it is strapless), it fits perfectly everywhere but i hate that unslightly bulge. As i mentioned i've only 3 weeks to lose it BUT i'm off on a sun hol next week for a week so I'm terrified I'll put weight on! Has anyone any tips/advice for me???

In January, I was going through a phase of 1lb every week and got very annoyed so I changed my diet a bit. Instead of 2 ww slices of toast, flora, WW jam for breakfast, I had cereal. And also changed the lunches up a bit. Last week I lost 0.5lb, week before put up 0.5lb so very annoyed, so this week, from today (WI wednesday) I am having carbs only with my dinner. Tomorrow for brunch, going to have rasher medallions beans and eggs and then carbs with my dinner and snack on fruit & sugarfree jelly and maybe a yoghurt.

For weekdays going to have fruit salad (got tins of peaches, orange segments & pineapple segments in natural juice and going to make it with that and chopped kiwi and grapes, draining the juice of course) and yoghurt for breakfast, chicken salad (with dash of sweet chilli sauce, really livens it up, very tasty) and then carbs with my dinner. Also, did 5km walk today for first time and going to try for 6km tomorrow. Energy permitting, going to do the couch to 5k monday and wednesday morning and a 45 minute walk on the Tuesday. So will let you know how I get on at WI, hoping for a good result.

I definitely think things need to be shaken up and that could help you too. As Lainy said before, our body gets too used to the food and it uses less energy/calories to burn the same foods, so mixing it up might help a bit. Try changing your exercise too.

In January, I was going through a phase of 1lb every week and got very annoyed so I changed my diet a bit. Instead of 2 ww slices of toast, flora, WW jam for breakfast, I had cereal. And also changed the lunches up a bit. Last week I lost 0.5lb, week before put up 0.5lb so very annoyed, so this week, from today (WI wednesday) I am having carbs only with my dinner. Tomorrow for brunch, going to have rasher medallions beans and eggs and then carbs with my dinner and snack on fruit & sugarfree jelly and maybe a yoghurt.

For weekdays going to have fruit salad (got tins of peaches, orange segments & pineapple segments in natural juice and going to make it with that and chopped kiwi and grapes, draining the juice of course) and yoghurt for breakfast, chicken salad (with dash of sweet chilli sauce, really livens it up, very tasty) and then carbs with my dinner. Also, did 5km walk today for first time and going to try for 6km tomorrow. Energy permitting, going to do the couch to 5k monday and wednesday morning and a 45 minute walk on the Tuesday. So will let you know how I get on at WI, hoping for a good result.

I definitely think things need to be shaken up and that could help you too. As Lainy said before, our body gets too used to the food and it uses less energy/calories to burn the same foods, so mixing it up might help a bit. Try changing your exercise too.

Thanks Monife, btw i'm sure i saw skinny cow icecreams in tesco..
    That sounds like a good idea, i do love my carbs but it sounds very doable to cut down my intake to just dinner..
    I'm actually off for the next 2 weeks or so as I am a teacher so really should be able to spend a bit of time making eggs or bacon etc for breakfast and put a bit of effort into doing things a bit differently. Although I weigh in on weds, and am off on hols on sat so probably won't get a chance to see a change in the results! Having said that I will be eating different food on holidays, plenty of fresh fish and salad I guess, I was thinking of bringing my weighing scales on holidays so I can check my weight, how sad is that! I'm just afraid I'll be up half a stone or something when i get home!

Lainy, where do you get the skinny cow icecreams? Can never find them and opted for WW mini magnums and mini icecreams but they are TINY for 3PP.

I got them in tesco, and i've seen them in my local supervalu as well...expensive tho...talking 3.50ish for 3 ice creams...but they are yummy and guilt free

Pizza Snack!

1 rice cake 1pp
    1 or 2 spoons of passata or tomato concentrate
    30g reducded fat chedder 2pp
    sprinkle with herbs

grill to melt the cheese??? or maybe just microwave it

i havent tried it yet...just an idea.... pizza snack for 3pp!!!!

could make it interesting with different flavoured rice cakes

you could do it with a slice of bread for an extra pp, but then it would need to be grilled...oooh....yeah that sounds pretty nice actually....

Pizza toast!

I'm still stuffed from dinner but just trying to get creative with whats in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Looks really tasty. Made Layla's wedges too with huge Homemade burger, yummy. Am stuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

On the carbs, the best time to have carbs is first thing in the morning! I eat a low carb diet (due to IBS) and you get used to it quickly! Iceberg lettuce is great for wraps :D

New playlist made!
    Gym clothes laid out for the morning!

i may be walking on treamill :P but in my head i'll be dancing in a club...in my head i'm at my goal weight and in killer heals and a hot dress! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

New playlist made!
    Gym clothes laid out for the morning!

i may be walking on treamill :P but in my head i'll be dancing in a club...in my head i'm at my goal weight and in killer heals and a hot dress! lol

Great attitude, ill be there with ya haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Elemis wrote: »
    Finding it so hard at the moment to stay within my daily/weekly points! I think i am feeling a bit demotivated by just losing 1lb each week for the last 3 weeks. I've a family wedding to go to in 3 weeks and a beautiful dress to fit into, I bought a size 12 as the 14 was swimming on me, when i bought it a few weeks ago it didn't close but i was determined it'd fit! Now it does close but i feel like i am bulging out a bit over the top (it is strapless), it fits perfectly everywhere but i hate that unslightly bulspge. As i mentioned i've only 3 weeks to lose it BUT i'm off on a sun hol next week for a week so I'm terrified I'll put weight on! Has anyone any tips/advice for me???

Make use of the pool maybe? Make it your mission to get in before it packs up and do a few lenghts,
    Drinkswise, forget em during the day - have tasty juices instead, and at nite stick to spirits and diet sodas,
    Do a basic shop and have simple controlled breakfasts rather than cheap frys, eg toast with some fruit
    Avail of all the nice tasty fruit and veg and as regards eating go easy on the spuds, just like at home bring it back to basics - avoid as much processed stuff as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey all,
    Had friends 30th tonight. Such a dilemma over what to wear. Himself was fit to kill me!ha!
    Anyway, wore a dress that I bought in late 2008 and I wore once...the occasion that u bought it for which was just dinner with a friend. Wasn't really comfy in it, so it's been hanging in wardrobe ever since.
    Just found it again tonight and Cldnt believe that I liked it on. That put me in good form for the night.
    Need a serious walk/run tomorrow to work off dinner tonight tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

on the idea of pizza i'm not a lover of it but was buying some for kids yesterday and pointed the ww one,,at 13pp i thought it was too much,instead i had 2 ww pitta breads,covered them in salsa and low fat ,mozarrela and few bits of ham and popped under the grill,,was gorgeous as the pitta had gotten crunchie and all for 8pp:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I have just looked back over my trackers for the past 4 weeks and out of 28 days I exercised on 20 of them. If someone were to tell me I would be doing that this time last year I would of laughed uncontrollably. Whatever about the weight loss I am happy with that achievement for sure!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Well I'd a blast last night a gorgeous Indian (pataks balti sauce, chicken, basmati rice, garlic & coriander naan, cauliflower bhaji's, mini poppadom's all for 41pp then I spent 23 on wine and west coast cooler rose) I did have 72pp (weeklies & left over dailies) had a great night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just made a carrot soup that someone posted up here a few weeks ago and it's delish. I'm trying different foods to try and get my weight loss going. Also the study cravings are kicking in so it'll be good to have the soup so if I have to snack I won;t be going over points!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

• Advertisement

I think that was me who posted the carrot soup, glad you like it :) It's lovely and thick and most importantly zero points!

Thanks everyone for the help and advice, as regards using the pool on hols, my husband suggested the same thing, I'm not a great swimmer but he reckons as long as i'm moving it's a start! and he also suggested treading water? Mightn't be a bad idea to do in the sea??

As for the alcohol, with a 3 and a half yr old I don't get to do much drinking and it doesn't bother me in the slightest so won't have to worry about using points for that. I def will be buying some fruit for breakfast, it always tastes nicer in the sun, and maybe if I am really good for lunch with fish and salad then in the evening I could splash out on the carbs..

Looking forward to it but just feeling a dip in motivation this week, I suppose its because I am two months in..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement