Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    visualisations like that are very healthy! i do on the treadmill :P was the only bit of advice i found useful from when i did MOTIVATION clinic

I do that on treadmill too! And every night I fall asleep dreaming of being a size ten! I need to do a bit more dreaming to get up off my bum and get motivated. It's not funny the amount of rubbish I've eaten since Wednesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Fair fcuks to you girl, you've done and are doing fantastic, you really are such an inspiration. You can tell by your posts here that you're really dedicated and that is going to stand to you - thats how you can tell you're going to make this work. Keep at it, you deserve it!

Awww thank you....I've just had so many people force so much negative and horrible terrible things into my life....family deaths, abuse, so called friends...I have very very few real friends left, maybe it was a case of ditch and pick on the fat one...i was expendable...i like to think of it as a maturity thing...i was dealing with real life serious issues from a VERY young age....there biggest problem was saving up for a new GHD...

I couldn't control the negative aspects...but now i'm ready to control the positive aspects...and at least i get to take 100% of the credit for all the good things that are hopefully coming my way....hoping as I lose the weight i get more confidence to start recruiting "friends list"....and start to trust again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Awww thank you....I've just had so many people force so much negative and horrible terrible things into my life....family deaths, abuse, so called friends...I have very very few real friends left, maybe it was a case of ditch and pick on the fat one...i was expendable...i like to think of it as a maturity thing...i was dealing with real life serious issues from a VERY young age....there biggest problem was saving up for a new GHD...

I couldn't control the negative aspects...but now i'm ready to control the positive aspects...and at least i get to take 100% of the credit for all the good things that are hopefully coming my way....hoping as I lose the weight i get more confidence to start recruiting "friends list"....and start to trust again.

I hear ya...nothing worse than people just nit understanding how you feel and what you're going through.

I used to feel bad for letting my weight dictate my life, thinking I wasn't that shallow...then I realised that if something had such a huge bearing on everything I did then it did matter and was worth doing something about :)

We're getting there...slowly but surely!

I hear ya...nothing worse than people just nit understanding how you feel and what you're going through.

I used to feel bad for letting my weight dictate my life, thinking I wasn't that shallow...then I realised that if something had such a huge bearing on everything I did then it did matter and was worth doing something about :)

We're getting there...slowly but surely!

damn right we are!

I really do admire you lainy, you are such an inspiration,and always come across as so positive on this. It makes me so happy to see that whatever crap you have come through that you have come out shining on the other end. We will all get there eventually, and we will so deserve it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

I know what you mean...i cant wait to actually be able to go shopping with friends and try clothes on....instead of just looking at the shoes....anytime we are out "shopping" i drag them into every shoe shop....so they just think i'm mad about shoes....when the truth is....i cant bare to watch them just grab things and try them on....I'm skint ...fat clothes are expensive...so i only have a few good going out tops....so i wear the same thing out nearly every time...

oh my god....ok cant believe i'm going to do this.....actually say my numbers.... :O

i'm the same...i dont actually look my weight...and my ww leader was shocked at my number....she made ma double check it....cos i just didnt look it......

16 months ago I was 22st 7lbs :O (aaaaaaaaaaaaaah cant believe i've actually said it)

Now i'm 19st 8.4lbs....i was a size 28 jean...which again everyone said i didnt look... (maybe they were being polite) Now i'm a getting loser by the day 26 jean, 22 top, threw out a size 28 today...they were REALLY expensive...but they were just clown pants on me...fell to my ankles....couldnt even keep them up....

Fair play to you Lainy you are doing so well for yourself and keeping so many of us motivated at the same time

m'lady wrote: »
    I really do admire you lainy, you are such an inspiration,and always come across as so positive on this. It makes me so happy to see that whatever crap you have come through that you have come out shining on the other end. We will all get there eventually, and we will so deserve it!

i just hope karma is real....cos for all the crap i've had to deal with....dear god...there has to be a lotto win or something amazing coming my way LOL

Becky85 wrote: »
    Fair play to you Lainy you are doing so well for yourself and keeping so many of us motivated at the same time

we motivate each other equally....swopping recipes....excercise stories....shopping nightmares....and i'm sure next weekend we'll be swopping easter egg confessions....

its good to vent....its therapeutic...

(chatting on here is also a good distraction from the kitchen :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

we motivate each other equally....swopping recipes....excercise stories....shopping nightmares....and i'm sure next weekend we'll be swopping easter egg confessions....

its good to vent....its therapeutic...

(chatting on here is also a good distraction from the kitchen :P )

and we could all use a bit of therapy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Lainy I know how hard it was for you to tell us your figures as I remember before you saying you didn't want to. Fair play to you. You've come along way both weight wise and emotionally. No-one here will judge your size after all we are all here for the same thing :) I can't imagine what it's like to have friends who do that to you. Keep it up as you're doing brilliantly and we're all here to support you!

You're probably right about the pro points and it being my choice this time round. I hate change especially when it's forced on me. Hopefully it'll show on the scales on Weds. Although haven't done any exercise this week due to college and assignments :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Wow, well done! How long did it take and if you don't mind my asking how much did you lose? :)

god it's been so slooooooww but i joined last June and took to last week to lose 3 stones,,so i super glued my stones onto magnets today and stuck them onto my extractor hood in my kitchen,,that way i see them everytime i cook..:D on positive thinking when i first joined ww i cut out pictures of models and stuck my face on where the models faces were and stuck them onto the inside of my kitchen presses and also stuck labels of size 12 clothes onto them too,,so everytime i opened the press i saw me looking gorgeous in my makebelieve size 12 clothes and now i really do buy size 12's and some 10's:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well my motivation yet again went out the window for the weekend. Kopparberg screwed me over last night and then today was just a disaster. Going to really have to try for the next few days now to regain myself by thurs.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Well my motivation yet again went out the window for the weekend. Kopparberg screwed me over last night and then today was just a disaster. Going to really have to try for the next few days now to regain myself by thurs.

oh dont i know it....4euro kopperberg last thursday night when i went out...couldn't resist...

tantipie wrote: »
    god it's been so slooooooww but i joined last June and took to last week to lose 3 stones,,so i super glued my stones onto magnets today and stuck them onto my extractor hood in my kitchen,,that way i see them everytime i cook..:D on positive thinking when i first joined ww i cut out pictures of models and stuck my face on where the models faces were and stuck them onto the inside of my kitchen presses and also stuck labels of size 12 clothes onto them too,,so everytime i opened the press i saw me looking gorgeous in my makebelieve size 12 clothes and now i really do buy size 12's and some 10's:rolleyes:

Such a good idea!!! Well done, I've 5st to lose, I'm hoping this time next year I'll be well on my way if not there!! Thanks for sharing, it makes it easier to know that someone else has done it :)
    kateos2 wrote: »

Tell me about it...you're in UCD aren't you? It's soooo hard to be good WW-wise and be a student, esp. in UCD, theres nowhere to get a decent healthy lunch! Drink is a serious issue with me, I've kicked the cider and am trying to stick to the vodka and diet 7up, only problem is that gets me pretty drunk pretty quick so I look a 'dry arse' (as I've been told) when I sit out a drink!
    oh dont i know it....4euro kopperberg last thursday night when i went out...couldn't resist...

The strawberry & lime one is to die for... I love it..! My big thing at the mo is the Smirnoff Mojito, no idea how many PP, neither does my leader, but I can't help drinking it I love it so much! I'd be as well making my own but that's hassle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

After only being down 4lbs in 4 weeks and thinking I had a really good week last week, I've tried to be even better this week and I've succeeded...up until today. Now it wasn't TOO bad. I was out last night and wasn't overly hungover today but for some reason still had the hangover munchies. I had wholemeal toast and some mango for breakfast but my stomach was still rumbling violently a couple of hours later! I had a pack of Snack-a-Jacks and I tried to leave it as late as possible to have lunch/dinner so had it at about 4 o'clock. Had a large portion of chicken arabbiata (made with wholemeal pasta thinking it would keep me fuller!) and I was still picking at the leftover for the next half hour until I just threw the lot in the bin to stop me! Then I had two mint kit-kats within 20 minutes of each other. Then I promised myself that was it for the day but I had to go and get petrol and ended up buying a Lion Bar and a pack of S&V Hunky Dorys! Why I couldn't have at least gone for a better choice I don't know! Stopped tracking after the first kit-kat :o

I know it could have been worse, I still had about 5 weeklies left but I probably used them plus my dailies plus more and knowing my luck it will show on the scales on Tuesday :( I was really hoping for a good weight loss this week (2lbs would be fantastic) but I hope I haven't blown it!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

After only being down 4lbs in 4 weeks and thinking I had a really good week last week, I've tried to be even better this week and I've succeeded...up until today. Now it wasn't TOO bad. I was out last night and wasn't overly hungover today but for some reason still had the hangover munchies. I had wholemeal toast and some mango for breakfast but my stomach was still rumbling violently a couple of hours later! I had a pack of Snack-a-Jacks and I tried to leave it as late as possible to have lunch/dinner so had it at about 4 o'clock. Had a large portion of chicken arabbiata (made with wholemeal pasta thinking it would keep me fuller!) and I was still picking at the leftover for the next half hour until I just threw the lot in the bin to stop me! Then I had two mint kit-kats within 20 minutes of each other. Then I promised myself that was it for the day but I had to go and get petrol and ended up buying a Lion Bar and a pack of S&V Hunky Dorys! Why I couldn't have at least gone for a better choice I don't know! Stopped tracking after the first kit-kat :o

I know it could have been worse, I still had about 5 weeklies left but I probably used them plus my dailies plus more and knowing my luck it will show on the scales on Tuesday :( I was really hoping for a good weight loss this week (2lbs would be fantastic) but I hope I haven't blown it!
    maybe the blowout is what your body needed and may still give you a loss on tue,,get back on track tomorrow tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just wanted to say fair play to you missus! Sounds like life has thrown everything at you, so hopefully it's onwards and upwards for you.
    Your so dedicated and have such a great attitude, I just know your going to succeed.

I think we should set up our own 'boards' plus size clothing range. I always hated having to buy anything plus size...jeans were the hardest. I was a 20/22, but the jeans never fitted properly. I remember trying on nearly every pair in evans one day and not one looked right.
    Luckily an 18 still fit me on top, but I remember buying a 16 top in there one day without trying in on. When I tried it on, it looked hideous. Put me off going into the store completely. Even some stuff I've bought from simply be has been really outsized.
    But maybe it's just me, even though I've lost 2.5stone my old jeans still all fit me. Need to work on shifting some of the lard from my bottom half.
    I had a pack of Snack-a-Jacks and I tried to leave it as late as possible to have lunch/dinner so had it at about 4 o'clock.

Hopefully if you've been exercising and good every other day it will balance out.
    I only discovered those snack-a-jacks last night. they were well worth the 3pp. Alot more subsentence to them compared to the velvet crunch.

Had my worst wkend in a few weeks. Was doing ok, until the abrakebabra tonight. Will be out pounding the paths tomorrow night working it off:rolleyes:

does anyone have the pp values for O briens sandwich bar?

going for lunch on wednesday with a friend..(she's a true friend...been there every step of the way) and o briens is the only healthy place to eat...the rest of the places are coffee houses with muffins and cakes and what not...if i have to eat out wan it to be reasonably healthy....I know I'm off bread...but a sandwich has to be better than a double chocolate chip muffin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

going for lunch on wednesday with a friend..(she's a true friend...been there every step of the way) and o briens is the only healthy place to eat...the rest of the places are coffee houses with muffins and cakes and what not...if i have to eat out wan it to be reasonably healthy....I know I'm off bread...but a sandwich has to be better than a double chocolate chip muffin!

Can't find the full nutritional value but did find this. It has the calories and fat so would be helpful in choosing a good option.

http://www.obriensonline.com/Food/caloriecounter.pdf

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Can't find the full nutritional value but did find this. It has the calories and fat so would be helpful in choosing a good option.

http://www.obriensonline.com/Food/caloriecounter.pdf

fantastic...ooh and the low fat range is on special offer too...double bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Can you request exaclty what you want in the sandwich - eg 2 slices of wholemeal bread, meat of choice (optional), plenty of free salad, and maybe a little mayo/butter. In most places now you can stand there watching em make up the sandwich thus you can make sure they dont use loads of mayo/butter(but If you can't no real hassle - they are out to make a profit, not give out tons of expensive fillers for free)

enjoy lunch out

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Can you request exaclty what you want in the sandwich - eg 2 slices of wholemeal bread, meat of choice (optional), plenty of free salad, and maybe a little mayo/butter. In most places now you can stand there watching em make up the sandwich thus you can make sure they dont use loads of mayo/butter(but If you can't no real hassle - they are out to make a profit, not give out tons of expensive fillers for free)

enjoy lunch out

yeah looking at the menu going on just calories and fat....think i'll go for a
    baked irish ham wrap with ballymaloe relish....

and when i looked at there low fat menu....thats exactly what they had first on the menu...baked ham ballymaloe wrappo thingy :)
    I have my old ww calculator, it works out at 4.5 OLD points....when they only give cals and fats, i do use the old system as a ROUGH GUIDE...

and if she doesnt want to go to obrians i can pop in and get it to go and she can go to Mcdonalds :P

(yes i know....slightly anal of me to plan my lunch out 3 days in advance) but these are the sorta steps i have to make my self do to stay on track...

From tomorrow I am going to drink at least 3 litres of water, totally reduce my carb and crap intake and NOT go over my 29 daily allowance. Will also go to gym tomorrow for at least 1.5 hours to try and claw back any damage I have done. I am not going to back track on my ww journey as I have done before, just because I've had a bad week it doesn't mean I'm going to give up!

Sorry for my rambling all, just needed to put it in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

From tomorrow I am going to drink at least 3 litres of water, totally reduce my carb and crap intake and NOT go over my 29 daily allowance. Will also go to gym tomorrow for at least 1.5 hours to try and claw back any damage I have done. I am not going to back track on my ww journey as I have done before, just because I've had a bad week it doesn't mean I'm going to give up!

The best for me RE the gym is to try different classes and find one that you like, they are great way of burning cals fast(40 - 45 mins usually and pretty intensive but I find a good instructer keeps you motivated) and most importantly DO SOME WEIGHT TRAINING - if you read around the forums you will find some great advice re weight training, it is so good for us ladies to be lifting weights and thankfully we dont have enough testorone in our bodies to end up really bulky. We end up really strong and lean, weight training raises motablilism for longer than cardio.

Just a thought, good luck with the coming week

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all looks like a good auld therapy session in here at the weekend :) well done all of Ye, everyone is so determined in here we all want the same end result & there's no judgement in here so it deffo is a safe place to tell your number & your goals :) best WW meeting for sure!

Pretty good weekend I had a glass of wine Friday & yesterday & one short on Saturday also went out for lunch tofu & sushi so protien heavy but light pointwise even when you a/c for the oil they use to fry off the tofu! Bought Davina mccalls body buff DVD I was in hmv for ages trying to decide which one to buy the jillian micheals ones looked good but I know myself I wouldn't do well with her screaming at me through the tv & I liked the way davinas was set out into a warm up 2 workouts & specific areas to target I'm also going to start with my weights this wk I said I would once I had the first stone gone so no excuses now!! :P going to aim to do the DVD twice a week as well as the walking I'm hoping that will help tone me up all over when I'm trying to shed the next 2 2.5 stone!

I'm out on audit today so I've made a mixed salad some salmon & some baby spuds lots of fruit & water in my bag as well I want to try limit sambos to twice a week max if possible!

Hope everyone has a great week enjoy the sunshine ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am not going to back track on my ww journey as I have done before, just because I've had a bad week it doesn't mean I'm going to give up!

Just what I needed to hear, thanks!

After no sleep over the weekend with scouts I was over by about 30 points but I'm coping on today, I've 25lb to lose and I will do it and ye're motivation will help! Just finding it slower this time! At least I'm back fitting into my clothes from this time last year :D

nothing here is rambling.....the things we write here...are things we need to write...weather its just to acknowledge a good day....or acknowledge a bad day....puttng it down on "paper" so to speak makes it all the more real...and easier to stick to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Well I did it! Managed to resist the biscuits in the press last night and stuck to my 29pp - first Sunday night in weeks that I was good :D:D:D
    (yes i know....slightly anal of me to plan my lunch out 3 days in advance) but these are the sorta steps i have to make my self do to stay on track...

3 Days in advance is nothing! When I get my tracker on Thursday nights, while I'm sitting waiting for the meeting to start, I'm already filling it in for the whole of the next week so I know exactly what I'll be eating on any given day! I can't handle not knowing. It might sound a bit much to ppl, but I leave my house for work at 6am, I don't get home until 5.30pm so if I don't know exactly what I'm making for dinner, I would eat all sorts of crap!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Well I did it! Managed to resist the biscuits in the press last night and stuck to my 29pp - first Sunday night in weeks that I was good :D:D:D

3 Days in advance is nothing! When I get my tracker on Thursday nights, while I'm sitting waiting for the meeting to start, I'm already filling it in for the whole of the next week so I know exactly what I'll be eating on any given day! I can't handle not knowing. It might sound a bit much to ppl, but I leave my house for work at 6am, I don't get home until 5.30pm so if I don't know exactly what I'm making for dinner, I would eat all sorts of crap!

oh i usually have a rough idea of my eating for the week, just felt kinda silly going thru a sandwich menu 3 days before i even have said sandwich LOL...but at least now I dont have to worry about wednesday....i'm learning....cos there would be times when i'd say ....ah sure i never get to see my friend....lets have a treat....lets go to mc donalds and then get coffee and carrot cake :P

So dont wanna start studying today....

• Advertisement

So dont wanna start studying today....

same...finding it so hard to get motivated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement