Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

cowzerp wrote: »
    If you cant cut out anymore then you are at your minimum amount to eat, therefore you better burn more through more exercise or else your weight loss is finished, best of luck.

Frowzy, well done, amazing work and results. As said above, exercise is probably the answer, maybe you need to change up your exercise routine a bit. You have done so well, please don't give up now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

cowzerp wrote: »
    If you cant cut out anymore then you are at your minimum amount to eat, therefore you better burn more through more exercise or else your weight loss is finished, best of luck.
    Frowzy, well done, amazing work and results. As said above, exercise is probably the answer, maybe you need to change up your exercise routine a bit. You have done so well, please don't give up now. :)

Thanks for the support everyone. I don't know what to do about the exercise, I'm walking 3 miles everyday (and I don't mean strolling!) I've even taking to running some of the way!!! I also go to the gym 3/4 times a week and I follow the workout with some laps of the pool and a good stint in the sauna to try and shift an extra few ounces!!!! Any recommendations on what I can change or add in??

Also, I'm not adding any extra points for the exercise, I'm sticking to the 19 points a day.
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone, good weekends I hope? Mine was better than the last few so I'm REALLY hoping that I'm down tonight. Was up 2 last week and want them off again...I'll be devastated if I'm not down by that much.

itsallaboutme hope your WI went well this morning! We deserve good ones after aqua aerobics last night...my arms are quite tender today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!!!!

ibarelycare my WI went very well this morning was down 3lbs i was delighted!!! last nite was definately a tough one i think she was making up for not being there last monday!!!i know its a pain for you but what you gonna do wednesday?good luck tonight at WI hopefully last night will have paid off for you too!!!

i feel really motivated the last week so im hoping it stays that way.our leader gave us all a little goal this morning to aim for 1lb down a week for the next 8 weeks. we are aiming to september 1st to get to where we want to be so im hoping i can stay motivated long enough to lose at least the 1lb a week!!!

anyway to all with WI later this week best of luck. chin up to anyone who is disappointed stick with it and keep it up;);)

Well done on 3lbs, that's brilliant! How far are you off your goal now? I'm definitely going to keep going to the classes I've decided. Staying behind for a couple of hours in work is actually going to make me study, whereas if I went home I probably wouldn't do anything! Plus I'm really enjoying them, if I'd time I'd love to go more than twice a week!

• Advertisement

Well done on 3lbs, that's brilliant! How far are you off your goal now? I'm definitely going to keep going to the classes I've decided. Staying behind for a couple of hours in work is actually going to make me study, whereas if I went home I probably wouldn't do anything! Plus I'm really enjoying them, if I'd time I'd love to go more than twice a week!

Just over stone to goal now 16lbs and counting!!!!
    Fair play to you for staying on I would not be able for that!!! I know I would do it every night if they were on. I'm only 5 minutes away from the place too so I'd have no excuse. Like I was saying I hate exercise so I'm delighted to have found something I genuinely enjoy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Wel well well my good start to the week has fallen on its ass:D:D... My hangover sunday led to eddies :( and had great news yday which led to the pub but all in all i havin completely pigged out many too much alcohol too..

I aint expectin anythin tamo in ww but to be honest im havin a happy week and im ever so determined to hit goal now...staying the same tamo wud be brill givin me four weeks til hols and gonna try an push away another 4lbs!! Thats the plan anyways...

Well done to all those you that lost and for those like me whose weekends weren great chin up...we will all get there in the end ;) xx

Just over stone to goal now 16lbs and counting!!!!
    Fair play to you for staying on I would not be able for that!!! I know I would do it every night if they were on. I'm only 5 minutes away from the place too so I'd have no excuse. Like I was saying I hate exercise so I'm delighted to have found something I genuinely enjoy!!!!

That's brilliant, well done! I'd love to be only a stone away from my goal :D TBH I haven't even set myself a goal...I think if I saw how much I had to lose I'd panic and wonder how I'm ever going to do it! Just taking it week by week!

Was down 1.5lbs this week. Bit disappointed because didn't lose the 2lbs I was up last week, plus I thought I had a really good week :( Hopefully it will show next week though, determined to have another good week. My 2 friends are home from Oz this week so one of the girls is throwing a party on Saturday night. They mentioned that we could get a Chinese and have a few drinks but I think I'll miss the takeaway and have something to eat before I get there (willpower will have to be extremely high that day :o)

Shellybelly I think if you've had a bad week (pointswise) and a great week (enjoyment-wise!) then feck it! You've had fun and you can make it up the next week! And you never know, you may be surprised when you stand on the scales tomorrow! You don't have too far to go now and you've lost so much so you deserve to have a blowout every now and again :D

itsallaboutme...I'll see you this evening! It's going to be a pisser sitting in work studying looking out at that gorgeous sun :(:( It better be a good class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Frowzy wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, I really need your support.

I've been going to Weightwatchers since January and was half a pound off hitting the 3 stone mark and have been skirtking around it (without actually hitting it for nearly 2 months now), with the result that I'm losing focus and now I've put up another 4 pounds so now have 4 and a half pounds to go to hit my 3 stone mark!!!!!

Hi Frowzy, what a fantastic weight loss, good on you!!! I always find that when I get into a rut weight wise I cut back on carbs like bread - all kinds of bread; white, brown, pitta etc!! It generally bloats me anyway and I find I'm forced to eat more healthy veg to fill up.
    Also watch what fruit your are eating, for instance bananas can be killers unless you eat them before a work out.
    And point & Track EVERYTHING, I find this is the only way to really see and control what goes into my gob :D
    hope this helps a bit. Very best of luck, don't let this mini stump get you down, you've done so fantastically well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi,

I agree with Mj3. Cutting back on the carbs really help. I lost 7 stone a number of years ago (and put it all back on due to family issues.... not sure what that says!!!!) buy cutting back on the carbs as much as I could and POINTING EVERYTHING. Give it a go for a week or two and see how you get on. I am back carb free and really enjoying my food, also I have much more engery.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I agree with Mj3. Cutting back on the carbs really help. I lost 7 stone a number of years ago (and put it all back on due to family issues.... not sure what that says!!!!) buy cutting back on the carbs as much as I could and POINTING EVERYTHING. Give it a go for a week or two and see how you get on. I am back carb free and really enjoying my food, also I have much more engery.

So are you going to stay carb free forever? I think cutting carbs completely from your diet is a bad idea because once you go back eating them the weight will pile back on. Cutting back is fine but I don't think cutting them out altogether is a realistic, long-term solution.

Wel well well my good start to the week has fallen on its ass:D:D... My hangover sunday led to eddies :( and had great news yday which led to the pub but all in all i havin completely pigged out many too much alcohol too..

I aint expectin anythin tamo in ww but to be honest im havin a happy week and im ever so determined to hit goal now...staying the same tamo wud be brill givin me four weeks til hols and gonna try an push away another 4lbs!! Thats the plan anyways...

Well done to all those you that lost and for those like me whose weekends weren great chin up...we will all get there in the end ;) xx

We still have to live life and sometimes things wont go to plan points wise. As you said you will get there in the end:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

back from my weigh in and down 1/2 lb - which is good as I've had a wedding and I've missed the last two weigh ins as the classes at work stopped and it's taken my this long to organise myself to find another meeting I can attend!! I'm 7lbs to my goal so i expect the last leg of the journey to be REALLY slow, just trying to keep my focus!!

On carbs, I've never cut out all carbs just bread as I found that it really had a negative affect on my weight loss. But whole food carbs like Porridge first thing in the morning with raspberries and even an ickle bit of honey is fantastic as it keeps you really full. Also, switch any "white" carbs like pasta and rice for the brown version, much better for you and your body works harder to break them down. :D

funny that carbs has come up here my leader was only talking about it at my meeting yesterday.
    she does not understand herself why someone would completely cut them out. she said its no harm cutting back though. she was saying too that some people she has spoken to tell her that they have cut out potatoes and have pasta instead.
    the example she gave was for about 3.5points (obviuosly depending on what way you cook them, but boiled or just plain mashed) you could have 5 or 6 baby potatoes and if you compared that to 3.5points worth of pasta you really end up with nothing much to look at on your plate.
    I know for me i would rather have the potatoes as for me its all about the view if it looks like im having loads for little points im happy!

ibarelycare- congrats 1.5lbs is perfect amount to lose so dont be put off by it at all and besides a loss is a loss at the end of the day!!!ill be there tonite too see you there!!!

So are you going to stay carb free forever? I think cutting carbs completely from your diet is a bad idea because once you go back eating them the weight will pile back on. Cutting back is fine but I don't think cutting them out altogether is a realistic, long-term solution.

No not going to stay carb free forever but for a few days. I feel better for it. Of course it is not possible to stay carb free all the time but cutting back on them is no harm. My GP first suggested that I do carb free for a period of time and then to limit the amount I eat. I ate far to many, now I am filling up on fruit and veg. I could happily eat bowl after bowl of pasta and rice and of course had to have the rich sause to go with it. So for now it is working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sinead.sexylady

Hi everybody,

I am Sinead and Im a WeightWatchers virgin. Im starting tomorrow. Offically had my weigh in tonight. Im 5 foot three and I weighed in at 9 stone 13, so that is 139 pounds. I have 18 points to eat, which doesn't seem a lot. I would love to hear peoples best advice for WW and things that have really helped them through this. My one vice is chocolate. I dont want to have to give it up completely because I know I couldnt do that and I would eventually crack and binge.

I look forward to hearing from you all.
    :)

Hello guys...

Thanks ibarelycare n caroline for the kind words... i really agree life has to be lived with out with weight loss:) in this case with :)

To my complete shock i was dwn 4lbs tonight :eek::eek::eek: i have no idea how that happened an im already thinking il have to have a perfect week nxt week to maintain it...!! im guessin it was exercise cause it wasn my weekend!! the other days were good tho i guess..?? Anyways im takin it on the chin an am delighted...as i said im going to try and be ever so good this week to even maintain nxt week...:)

Oh on the cards front... i used to eat them all the time bread 3/4/5 times a day :eek::eek: but now its more like bread 3/4/5 times a week. but i do have pasta or spuds with my ddinner each day.. I defo have cut back but no way cud i completly cut them out :)

Hope u all have a good WI and u may even be surprised like myself!! :)

Onwards and downwards...!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

Hi everybody,

I am Sinead and Im a WeightWatchers virgin. Im starting tomorrow. Offically had my weigh in tonight. Im 5 foot three and I weighed in at 9 stone 13, so that is 139 pounds. I have 18 points to eat, which doesn't seem a lot. I would love to hear peoples best advice for WW and things that have really helped them through this. My one vice is chocolate. I dont want to have to give it up completely because I know I couldnt do that and I would eventually crack and binge.

I look forward to hearing from you all.
    :)

Sinead, I also have a sweet tooth (a sweet mouth really) - WW have their own biccies and bars, which I find are helpful when you need a fix.....it's like 3 quid for a box of 5, so they're saucy enough especially when you see the size of the bars!........but they're handy! Also, Pink & Whites biccies are a life-saver, I'd also recommend meringue nests and sugar free jelly.........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055336690

CJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone, hope your all keeping well seems like everyone had a pretty good week this week. I had my weigh in last nite and i had 1.5 ibs off had hoped for more but beggers cant be choosers as the say.

At the moment im 10s 2.5 ibs, im 5ft 5inc in height and we had a different leader last nite, I think our regular one is on hoils for a while, she asked me what my plan was I looked at her blankly and then she said what is your ideal weight that you had in mind (i hadnt been asked this b4) so I said 9.7, she told me that was to light for my height and when I got to 10 st we would talk about it. has anyone else had this happen to them I kind of thought you could choose yourself and i know the book says a minimum start joining weight of 8st 13 for my height and thats starting off!!! (good god) so when I speak to her again should I quote the book do ye think?

Best of luck to everyone with weigh inn's later this week.

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

WI this morning lost 3 pounds!!! Yippee. Still 1 and a half to the 3 stone mark, but hey a loss is a loss and they all add up. Delighted with that as the weekend wasn't great.....

BarneyLou, the book says that the weight for 5ft 5 is anywhere between 8st 13lbs and 10st 10lbs. I suppose that it depends on your build, but you should have an ultimate goal for yourself, I don't know how the machine determines your goal weight though, I thought that anywhere in the range was good enough. Can anyone else clarify this?

Also, does anyone know what way the holiday thing works? If I miss a week I pay 5 euro, but how many holiday weeks are you allowed in a year?

Thanks for all the support, am feeling more motivated this week and going all out for my 6th silver 7 next week....
    F

• Advertisement

Hello guys...

Thanks ibarelycare n caroline for the kind words... i really agree life has to be lived with out with weight loss:) in this case with :)

To my complete shock i was dwn 4lbs tonight :eek::eek::eek: i have no idea how that happened an im already thinking il have to have a perfect week nxt week to maintain it...!! im guessin it was exercise cause it wasn my weekend!! the other days were good tho i guess..?? Anyways im takin it on the chin an am delighted...as i said im going to try and be ever so good this week to even maintain nxt week...:)

Oh on the cards front... i used to eat them all the time bread 3/4/5 times a day :eek::eek: but now its more like bread 3/4/5 times a week. but i do have pasta or spuds with my ddinner each day.. I defo have cut back but no way cud i completly cut them out :)

Hope u all have a good WI and u may even be surprised like myself!! :)

Onwards and downwards...!!:D:D

Thats brill, well done.

I have my 2nd weigh in tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi Frowzy,

Thanks for that, I was 10.11 1/2 starting so the book is a bit hard to interpret at that rate i only need to lose 1.5 pounds and still be with in range for my height. I would be a 10 on top and a 12 below (dame hips) Im going to go on untill I hit 9.7 which was my weight b4 I had my 3 boys, a lot of people are telling me I look great the way i am and not to lose any more but you tend to get that a bit from people when the havent seen you in a while and then they do and your slimmer. I want to be back to what I was and thats my goal for now.

congrats on the 3 pounds of, the most I have managed is 2.5 in any given week so im hoping for an improvement have a hen this week end and there is an italian meal planned so i looked up the restrauant on line and i think Ill avoid the starter and go penne arrabiate for the mainis the main, im going to avoid the wine and go vodka and diet coke or bulmers light ( just about manage 1 of them yuck) and see how i get on. best of luck next week hope you have a great weight loss again.:)

Just back from my weigh in and am delighted to tell you all..... That I lost 4lb, I am trilled. cant believe I have done so well:):):) Got my first silver 7, so proud of myself. Thats a total of 8.5lbs down.

Hope anyone who had a weigh in today also got good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

congrats caroline thats amazing loss in a few weeks! And well done everyone else too!
    I only lost a half pound this week which i was disappointed with - was hoping to get below the 12 st mark - but sure at least it motivated me to try a bit harder this week!
    I have company bbq tomorrow night which will be hard core. Must behave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi everyone,

Just stumbled upon this thread. I joint WW about 6 weeks ago and ive lost a total of 7lbs but put up half a pound this week so wasnt best pleased about that!! But hey it just makes me want to try harder next week!!

Well done everybody on their weight losses thats great!!!

Hi guys...

I meant to say welcome to Sinead last nite...i went back to and my internet crashed which sucks...Welcome along im sure ul do great and believe me this thread is really great support!! Oh an iv a major sweet tooth aswell.. I do have the pick n whites too, jaffas cakes, the ww bars are yum too and i live off the ww strawberry jellies!! Also i like marshmallows there lights and even hot choc does the trick..theres load light brands, cadbury hi lites, skinny cow and options!! Hope this helps!! :D

Well done Carolinespring thats fab weight loss and exactly what gets ya motivated to keep goin :D good luck with week ahead!!

Welcome to jojoc... thats a great weight loss so far keep up the great work..!! Hope ya enjoy the thread!! ;)

Good luck for weekend people.. my day 1 went well hoping day 2 will to. Its jus sat n sun when il have problems :D xx

hi and welcome to all the newbies!!!!

my week was going well until last night I caved and had a wrap from kfc:mad: does anybody have any idea how many points they would be?:eek:

Im trying to justify it by telling myself that I didnt have much else to eat all day. special K for breakfast, 2 slices of wholewheat bread and a cheese slice for lunch and then special K again at about 5pm. I was just so busy yesterday and didnt have time to ahve anything to eat properly thats not my usual eating habit.

I am also a huge fan of the pink and whites for a sugar fix. I get the ones with the jam in the middle they are scrummy!!! My leader also gave us the idea to stick them into the microwave for 10 seconds and the middle melts and goes all goey its soooooo nice:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Mcdonalds chicken wrap is only 4.5

hi and welcome to all the newbies!!!!

my week was going well until last night I caved and had a wrap from kfc:mad: does anybody have any idea how many points they would be?:eek:

Im trying to justify it by telling myself that I didnt have much else to eat all day. special K for breakfast, 2 slices of wholewheat bread and a cheese slice for lunch and then special K again at about 5pm. I was just so busy yesterday and didnt have time to ahve anything to eat properly thats not my usual eating habit.

I am also a huge fan of the pink and whites for a sugar fix. I get the ones with the jam in the middle they are scrummy!!! My leader also gave us the idea to stick them into the microwave for 10 seconds and the middle melts and goes all goey its soooooo nice:D:D:D

Hey! Was it the twister wrap you had? I just pointed it and it's 8.5pts...so not TOO bad taking into account of what else you'd eaten that day!

I've been doing really well all week but have a party tomorrow night. I was meant to be staying off the drink for a few weeks but my friends are just home from Oz after a year so I'm going to have a few :o

itsallaboutme.... I'm sooo sore after Aquafit the other night :( I must have done something to my knee because it's really stiff and swollen and sooo sore. I could feel a twinge in it when I was in the water so I must have gone a bit hard on it. One of my shoulders has also been niggling me since then! (I sound like such a hypochondriac but I'm not really :o) Really hope I'm going to be able for Monday's class, I'd hate to miss it. Will just have to keep the feet up as much as possible over the weekend :D

• Advertisement

it was one of those new wrapstar ones it had two pieces of chicken, a slice of pepper jack cheese, sour cream and chilli salsa and it was one of those tomato wraps!! it was so nice at the time but im raging it ate it now!!!:mad:

I guess ill just have to work extra hard on monday!!!!

my legs were actually a bit stiff all day yesterday and today so im taking it as a good sign and that it mst be doing something for me!!!

hope your knee and shoulder are alright for monday nite it would be a shame to miss out coz thats a great class!!!

jmull - thanks for that its good to know. thats not really too bad points wise if your were looking for a fast food fix!!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement