Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I love fajitas but I can't justify making them because I'd easily eat 3 wraps! (12 pp for wraps alone!!) I think I'll try them with lettuce leaves though. Do you just buy a head of lettuce and separate the leaves?

I use iceberg and carefully take a leaf off and use it, it's really nice and you can add cheese or low fat sour cream instead of the wrap (I can't eat wheat hence the alternative)! The M&S mix is also 3pp and I find it way nicer than the Old El Paso one!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pembily wrote: »
    I use iceberg and carefully take a leaf off and use it, it's really nice and you can add cheese or low fat sour cream instead of the wrap (I can't eat wheat hence the alternative)! The M&S mix is also 3pp and I find it way nicer than the Old El Paso one!

Yum, definitely going to try that, thanks! I'm not mad about the Old El Paso BBQ one, but they have a spicier one that's lovely. I usually use some other brand though, I can't remember the name of it, it's in a red sachet. I must point that one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

So this is my first post, I have been following this thread for the last 8 weeks ever since I started ww. You guys have been a fantastic motivation and also the tips are great.

My main motivation for weight loss is the that I have my holiday booked and to date I've lost 16lbs. Hoping I can keep going the right way as I never have time to stay for my meeting but just come onto boards for inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for all the wrap ideas guys. I've been looking for new ways to cook chicken. My mouth is watering!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

LollieB25 wrote: »
    So this is my first post, I have been following this thread for the last 8 weeks ever since I started ww. You guys have been a fantastic motivation and also the tips are great.

My main motivation for weight loss is the that I have my holiday booked and to date I've lost 16lbs. Hoping I can keep going the right way as I never have time to stay for my meeting but just come onto boards for inspiration

16lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic..any tips you would like to share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

brightstar wrote: »
    16lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic..any tips you would like to share?

Thank's Brightstar

It's mainly the thought of having to get into a bikini and sit beside my size 8 friend on the beach :eek:

My diet was quite bad before starting ww so I think my body has just gone into shock with all the fruit, veggies and water I've been filling up on :D

I've slowly worked my way up to four workouts a week (bought the zumba for the wii following recommendations!!) and also I try and change my lunch every week so I don't get bored of eating the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Ok so I re-joined this morning! 11lbs to lose and while it's not massive I'm really serious about getting it off and KEEPING it off this time. Am going to become a regular poster here so as to shame myself into sticking with it!!

Think I'll try the lettuce leaf fajita suggestion, it means I can be more generous with the filling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

intouch44 wrote: »
    Ok so I re-joined this morning! 11lbs to lose and while it's not massive I'm really serious about getting it off and KEEPING it off this time. Am going to become a regular poster here so as to shame myself into sticking with it!!

Think I'll try the lettuce leaf fajita suggestion, it means I can be more generous with the filling :D

Welcome and best of luck, while it's not a lot it's enough to you and it still matters! That's what I love about the lettuce as can add cheese and more chicken / turkey :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sorry i meant to say little , still about 10" in size ( doesnt sound good lol )

the ww are useless , they rip open just as you eat , may aswell you kitchen towl if thats the best they can do

thats what i find...they rip open and you just feel like your eating sloppy left overs...and then you feel like you havent actually had any lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Looks like I checked in in the thread just at the right time. Never wld have dreamt of using lettuce leaves instead of wraps for fajhitas! Used to have them regularly until I joined WW! I find there great dinner party food, especially if all your guests dont know one another. It's surprising how passing a bowl or plate around a table can spark a conversation.

Only a couple more hours left in this hell hole I call work and then I'm outta here for the rest of the wk! Can't wait to enjoy some nice Walks if the weather keeps up!

• Advertisement

I love fajitas but I can't justify making them because I'd easily eat 3 wraps! (12 pp for wraps alone!!) I think I'll try them with lettuce leaves though. Do you just buy a head of lettuce and separate the leaves?

but its really good you think like that, its really easy to say ah sure one wont hurt...but then they are there infront of you on the table....talking to you....thats the dangerous time...

blah my brain melting from studying...dont think i'll get to treadmill today...just have so many flash cards to write out...vet nursing is hell! cant wait to be done with it, they make us study it in first year!

will try and get in 20 mins in later, 20 mins better than nothing, if i dont get any excercise in, will have extra good pp dinner and go for Qourn cottage pie :) (which i love....so isnt really a punishment)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ive got 46 pp a day so having 12 or 16 on wraps is ok :)

happy days , weigh in at 5 im bricking it , with the league table in all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    but its really good you think like that, its really easy to say ah sure one wont hurt...but then they are there infront of you on the table....talking to you....thats the dangerous time...

Ha ha love this! This happens to me ALL the time, the most recent being the 11am break this morning in work. Girls from work brought in scones, warmed them up, lathered the butter on and left them in the middle of our table. Everyone had finished having theirs or were not having any and there was still 2 halves there, just talking to me, telling me to eat them, ah go on sure, half a one isn't that bad, eat me!!! Ha ha had to put a napkin over them so they would stop looking at me, or more so I would stop looking at them!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Baked spud with a huge tuna salad for lunch to-day all for 6pp delish...Baked my spud last night and heated in the microwave in work and it was so nice. Nice change from the sambos.
    OH and I just redicovered rice krispie squares....mmmmmmmmmmm:P

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Tortillas only 4pp....so getting me a pack of those tomorrow! i've been looking low pp wrap/tortillas everywhere...always coming out at about 6pp which i think is way too much!

Country kitchen multigrain wraps are 4pp
    Tesco source of fibre seeded wraps 4pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

happy days , weigh in at 5 im bricking it , with the league table in all :(

Im the same wiegh in this evening and not looking forward to it! Hopefully i will have good news later. Fingers crossed for you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

does anyone have a receipe for the garlic sauce that you put on chips,,my kids are addicted to them at the min:)

tantipie wrote: »
    does anyone have a receipe for the garlic sauce that you put on chips,,my kids are addicted to them at the min:)

What kinda sauce you looking for, is it kinda like garlic mayo type sauce????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kty wrote: »
    What kinda sauce you looking for, is it kinda like garlic mayo type sauce????:)
    ya is it garlic mayo they use in chippers:)

• Advertisement

bam he hits a home run

- 6 lbs yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

nice way to start the ww league for me :)

bam he hits a home run

well done....i'm totally jealous :P

for all our bakers......3 for the price of 2 offer on

Tesco Silicone Bun Cases 12 Pack 5.50 per pack

(i think that offer applys to all silicone baking stuff atm)

GOOD LUCK AT ALL THE WI's TONIGHT!

I just noticed i havent drank any water all day....had a few cups of coffee...
    been feeling crap all day....but i've had a few glasses of water now and feelin better....

and goin to hit the treadmill...like so many of ye are on the go all day with jobs and kids and then ye're off to spinning classes and zumba.....dont know how ye do it...dont know where ye get the energy from :O my treadmill is in i the next room and im moaning about being too tired or having too much to do :O

see now ALL OF YE are the ones inspiring me....

tantipie wrote: »
    ya is it garlic mayo they use in chippers:)

Id say the best thing to do would be to get some light mayo and crush a few cloves of garlic into it, you could add a bit of water to make it a bit runnier too. If you dont have fresh garlic could always use the prepared garlic in tubes that you can get in the supermarket! Hope that helps?? You could also replace the some of the mayo with low fat creme fresh too! :P

Back from WI, down 0.5lb, might not be much, but its i the right direction. Had a mad wkend, so its obv shown on the scales!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done to those who had losses today :)

Ashamed to admit that I broke my lent last night but it was for the sake of my weight loss. Study is really kicking atm and along with it comes the long hours, tiredness and snack cravings. So found lucozade sneaking back into my life so I had to switch to diet coke or else I would let lucozade take over my life :rolleyes: I don't drink coffee or tea so diet coke is the only weight loss friendly kick I can get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey guys,

Lost 6 pounds this week! Delighted - was shocked becos my glowing week was the week before so obv only showed up on scales this week - also went to class in the morn, I usually go in the evening. Anyhow Im delighted! Thats 2 and a half stone since mid january! Delighted...

Just pointed the medium lindt chocolate bunny (both the milk and dark version) at 15pp for the 100g one and 8pp for the 50g one. Think thats gona be my treat a t the weekend!

Well done everybody on their losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done to those who had losses today :)

Ashamed to admit that I broke my lent last night but it was for the sake of my weight loss. Study is really kicking atm and along with it comes the long hours, tiredness and snack cravings. So found lucozade sneaking back into my life so I had to switch to diet coke or else I would let lucozade take over my life :rolleyes: I don't drink coffee or tea so diet coke is the only weight loss friendly kick I can get!!

Fair play Eabha! Dieting alone is tough but study on top of that is extra tough! I always found myself to put on a few pounds around my exam times. Its nearly Easter sure - I find if I have diet coke say the weekend or with a nice meal I dont feel sweetcravings as much after dins - duno whether its just coincidence tho :) Well done and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bam he hits a home run

WOW, well done!! You chose a good week to start the league, any tips? Is this your first WI at WW or what week are you on?

That's great. Well done everyone on your losses this week.

• Advertisement

bam he hits a home run

how do you work out the % loss?

i'm not doing the league, cos i dont go to meetings, but would just like to know for my self

EDIT: Never mind :) found one online
    http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement