Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done On the losses everyone :)

So good week so far have about 30 weeklies left which I'm keeping for dinner & drinks out on thurs night the only problem with that is it's the night before WI :rolleyes:

But I'm going to have a good night regardless! Did my Davina DVD for the first time yesterday it's brilliant but Jesus I was sweating buckets & I have to say my coordination was all over the shop but I'm sure I'll get better with time:P I'm loving this weather but I can't run or powerwalk in this heat & I rather exercise as soon as I'm home from work then shower, dinner clean the house etc so having the DVD is great cos it gives me options planning on doing it 3 times a week & run/walk 5! I'm hoping that will help with toning as well :)

Can't wait for this 4 day weekend I really need the break from work so gonna pamper myself with a massage on Friday (in lieu of Easter chocolate) & hopefully get in lots of exercise & another big cook off for the freezer! Also need to find time to look for somewhere to live so organisation is key over the nxt few weeks!!

Best of luck to all with WI & those who are trying to study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Was just on the weighbridge(that's what the OH calls it :D) ....woohoo, 3 3/4lbs down, ... 2lbs away from stone number 2 ...IN 11 weeks !?!?:eek:

and well done to all on their losses + good luck to those yet to be weighed this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Okay i did 5 workouts on the crosstrainer since i was weighed last thursday

does anyone know if my times are good or crap !!!!

1. 55mins 5.40ml and calorie burn of 630
    2. 50mins 5.45ml and calorie burn of 490
    3. 31mins 3ml and calorie burn of 345
    4. 52 mins 5ml and calorie burn of 587
    5. 50 mins 5.05 ml and calorie burn of 604

Thats 25 miles and no more will done till I get weighed( today's done)

What is the best way to tone tummy as my legs ass and arms are comming along nicely but my tummy is like a bowl of runny jelly:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

aspie mum wrote: »
    What is the best way to tone tummy as my legs ass and arms are comming along nicely but my tummy is like a bowl of runny jelly:mad:

Mine too :( I think the only way is to do a lot of core work - the plank, press ups, crunches :(:(:( I hate the plank and I hate crunches! My brother in law did me up a plan. I'll post it up later if you like, I'm supposed to do it twice a week but have only done it twice since he gave it to me two months ago :eek: I really want to tone up my tum, but I don't want to do the work - I need some inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well, I'm happy - I was down 2.5lbs.
    I had put up 3lbs in the few weeks I was recovereing from surgery so I'm glad that's almost gone again! Back to my pre-surgery weight! :D
    I had a chilli wrap for dinner last night and I got WW creme fraiche in Tesco at the weekend. I put a dollop of that in the wrap (for just 1PP !!!) and it was yum yum yum!
    I was extra happy yesterday because 2 of my friends were saying I looked great and when I told them I still have 2 st to lose and that I'm a size 16 they couldn't believe it. They said they would have thought I was 12/14. Yaay!! :D

Well done everyone on the losses. Looked like this league table is going to cause some serious competition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hi Again Everyone,

Joined last night and had my first (shocking) weigh in!
    The leader was really nice and very motivating actually which was cool.

I'm just wondering do any of you use an app on an iPhone to work out the Pro Points on food and if so which one. There are a few there when I do a search for weight-watchers, they all say that they are not affiliated with weight-watchers but claim to be able to work out a 'point's' value... Anyone know a good one?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

iWatchr is the app you're looking for
    a good few of us here are fans of it!!
    Has a pp calculator, tracker, you can store the points of your favorite foods.. and for 79c extra you can track your weight (graph), apetite, intake of certain foods (fruit, veg)..
    It's great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh god I wouldn't be able to cut out carbs after 3pm :eek: Maybe if I had my main meal at lunchtime and a snack in the evening I could, but I can't do that while working. I think I do need to change my intake of carbs though. I'm not eating any refined carbs, sticking to all wholemeal, but something's not working for me so maybe that's it. I'll have to find a new lunch and breakfast :eek:

amira wrote: »
    iWatchr is the app you're looking for
    a good few of us here are fans of it!!
    Has a pp calculator, tracker, you can store the points of your favorite foods.. and for 79c extra you can track your weight (graph), apetite, intake of certain foods (fruit, veg)..
    It's great!!

Thanks a million, gonna download it now :-) Just ate a yoplait yogurt so wanna figure out how many points it is lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm raging, I slept late so didn't make ww meeting, I'm wondering is there any point in me going to the evening class? I have never been,and afraid it will give me a false gain, if I starved myself all day would I be ok?!

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm raging, I slept late so didn't make ww meeting, I'm wondering is there any point in me going to the evening class? I have never been,and afraid it will give me a false gain, if I starved myself all day would I be ok?!

Definitely don't starve yourself!! What time is your meeting? Have a filling breakfast/brunch now, that will keep you going for most of the day, and snack on fruit when you get hungry!

Definitely don't starve yourself!! What time is your meeting? Have a filling breakfast/brunch now, that will keep you going for most of the day, and snack on fruit when you get hungry!

Thanks,do you reckon I'll still get a false gain from going to a mornin to evening meeting? Meeting is at 5.30..

Thanks,do you reckon I'll still get a false gain from going to a mornin to evening meeting? Meeting is at 5.30..

I honestly can't answer that, sorry!!

I honestly can't answer that, sorry!!

Sorry that was just a stupid question lol, was nearly just thinkin out loud! Na I'll just go and face the music, I've been dreadful all week anyway so probably would have gained regardless of time! Thanks for your advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

m'lady if you don't eat anything about 3 hours before you should be ok. Just drink sips of water between then. I think go at least if you're up you'll know why but you'll still stay on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

I went running this morning after a good night sleep(+8hr), had abanana before I set off.
    I didnt over do it(didnt beat my best 2-3 time but did run a longer stint before I started walking/running/walking), I felt slightly light headed when I got home.

I did my stretches and had a hot shower(stops sweating after you get out of the shower-cold shower would make you sweat more as your body tries to cool itself to matcht the outside temp) as I always do, when I got out of the shower I started to feel really unwell, sweating really heavy, dizy, blurred vision, ... I had to sit down and 'ride' it out for about 5-10mins.

I got dressed, had breaky and 500mls of water( and had a sugary dessert) and felt fine as I set off to work

I'm now still ever so slightly lightheaded and have a headache.

Any idea what could have caused it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I have such a bad feeling about this week. Really think I'm going to fall apart altogether and I don't want to :(

There's feck all food in the house and I'm trying to think of a low point lunch that will fill me so I'm not snacking all day!

I slept all bloody morning, and I'm supposed to be studying!! I am so angry with myself :(

Might defrost 2 chicken sausages and put them in a WW pitta...and maybe poach an egg?

Or I have turkey mince in passata leftover from dinner the other night, some of that with pasta might be better...any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

I went running this morning after a good night sleep(+8hr), had abanana before I set off.
    I didnt over do it(didnt beat my best 2-3 time but did run a longer stint before I started walking/running/walking), I felt slightly light headed when I got home.

I did my stretches and had a hot shower(stops sweating after you get out of the shower-cold shower would make you sweat more as your body tries to cool itself to matcht the outside temp) as I always do, when I got out of the shower I started to feel really unwell, sweating really heavy, dizy, blurred vision, ... I had to sit down and 'ride' it out for about 5-10mins.

I got dressed, had breaky and 500mls of water( and had a sugary dessert) and felt fine as I set off to work

I honestly havent a clue, as you ate before your run, and didnt over do it, maybe you are coming down with something?? But I would think if you still feel like you are feeling after lunch, id go to the doctor, its not normal to feel like that, best off getting it checked out. Could also be that your sugar and salt levels are low in your body, i know you had something sugary, but maybe try something else and something salty to replace what you are missing?? But id def go to doc if you not feeling right after lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

misslt wrote: »
    I have such a bad feeling about this week. Really think I'm going to fall apart altogether and I don't want to :(

There's feck all food in the house and I'm trying to think of a low point lunch that will fill me so I'm not snacking all day!

I slept all bloody morning, and I'm supposed to be studying!! I am so angry with myself :(

Might defrost 2 chicken sausages and put them in a WW pitta...and maybe poach an egg?

Or I have turkey mince in passata leftover from dinner the other night, some of that with pasta might be better...any suggestions?

The pasta might keep you fuller for longer, esp with study u need to have the energy for it!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

Hey There,

My guess is that is could be related to a couple of things.. It might be a sugar low. A banana might not have been sufficient to sustain you for your exercise. I have found in the past that I get a headache and a bit light headed if I have just something small (or nothing) before I go for a walk in the mornings. Keep in mind your body has been fasting all night.

Also, it might be dehydration. You've also had no water all night, so it would be a good idea to bring water with you while you exercise.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi GT TDI, first of all well done on getting up and going for a run!!
    I'd say it may have something to do with hydration, maybe have a litre before you run or bring a bottle with you, also have some protien before you go, even if it is a slice of cheese/ham with the banana or some grapes..
    hope you feel better soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

GT_TDI_150 I had a similar incident during the Christmas hols where I went for a long walk with a friend and actually collapsed during the walk. I was weak for ages after. I realised after that I hadn't eaten much before hand which I say is the reason for you. I wouldn't say a banana is sufficient enough especially if you're running and your a male. Drink plenty of water and try and eat if you can it will help with the lightheadness (sp?) you're feeling now!!

Misslt definitely go with the pasta if you're studying as it will keep you going. It's not easy studying while you're stomach is rumbling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Well WI last night and i sts :mad: felt like i should have been down...ah well this is the most motivated i think iv ever been doing WW so it could have been worse... have a hens next weekend so i plan to exersieze every day till then!
    Quick question & prob sounds stupid.. but i plan on making arrabiata later does anyone knw if you would get more out of ur points for Penne Pasta or Spagetti....i just find the pasta is soooo high in points for such a small amount CARBS ARE THE DEVIL!!!:rolleyes:

Elliex wrote: »
    Well WI last night and i sts :mad: felt like i should have been down...ah well this is the most motivated i think iv ever been doing WW so it could have been worse... have a hens next weekend so i plan to exersieze every day till then!
    Quick question & prob sounds stupid.. but i plan on making arrabiata later does anyone knw if you would get more out of ur points for Penne Pasta or Spagetti....i just find the pasta is soooo high in points for such a small amount CARBS ARE THE DEVIL!!!:rolleyes:

When I measure out 60g (6pp) of penne, it always seems like a lot less than 60g (also 6pp!) of spagghetti, so if you're looking for something that SEEMS like a bigger portion, I'd go with the spagghetti! But it's actually such a surprise how much you think you need to eat compared to how much you actually need. I used to just pour from the pasta bag into the pot, thinking it was probably about 80g or so. Since I started measuring my portions, I realise I used to be eating about 120g!!! But 60g of pasta with a medium chicken breast and arrabbiatta sauce REALLY fills me now. Be sure to use wholemeal pasta to keep you fuller longer too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I also find if you leave it to simmer for AGES it soaks up loads of water and bulks out a lot, so it seems like more too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

I love fajitas but I can't justify making them because I'd easily eat 3 wraps! (12 pp for wraps alone!!) I think I'll try them with lettuce leaves though. Do you just buy a head of lettuce and separate the leaves?

I often use them as bundys for burgers aswell - just find 2 strong leaves and put either side of the burger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

aspie mum wrote: »
    Okay i did 5 workouts on the crosstrainer since i was weighed last thursday

does anyone know if my times are good or crap !!!!

1. 55mins 5.40ml and calorie burn of 630
    2. 50mins 5.45ml and calorie burn of 490
    3. 31mins 3ml and calorie burn of 345
    4. 52 mins 5ml and calorie burn of 587
    5. 50 mins 5.05 ml and calorie burn of 604

Thats 25 miles and no more will done till I get weighed( today's done)

Your timings sound good, roughly what I do when I work hard but I know itws not the same for everyone.
    Unfortunatly the fat on our tummies takes longer and needs to combatted by losing fat, exercises that focus you core are good and will strenghten muscles, but this will be under the layer of fat. Work on your core, keep at the calorie burning and keep at the food intake.
    Keep up the good work, I am only at the start of my return to the gym and am trying to get my head into gear.
    dont forget the importance of resistance training. It is very good for combatting osteoperosis and raises metabolism for longer than aerobic trainging alone.
    There is great advice on the fitness forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Sorry that was just a stupid question lol, was nearly just thinkin out loud! Na I'll just go and face the music, I've been dreadful all week anyway so probably would have gained regardless of time! Thanks for your advice :)

Even if you do have a false gain, by going to the morning meeting again next week it should balance out

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Thanks! Yes spaghetti it is so :D and i do that do boil the pasta for longer and it gets bigger!!! LOVE arrabiata... loadsa chillies always fills you too i feel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Well I'm just back from my WI and I'm 3.5 down (missed the last two weeks) and I'm still dissapointed. I've been doing SOO much excercise and staying within my points and considering I've loads to lose and the effort I put in I'm just a bit fed up. :(

back to the gym this evening I suppose :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement