Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Hey everyone, well the fajitas went down a storm last night.
    I got the discovery plain flour tortillas and they are only 3pp each and really substancial. For chicken I used garlic, onion, chilli powder, passata, peppers & mushrooms so it was really bulky so kept the pp really low. I added japalenos at the end to give it a kick..was so nice I just had it for my lunch again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

I went running this morning after a good night sleep(+8hr), had abanana before I set off.
    I didnt over do it(didnt beat my best 2-3 time but did run a longer stint before I started walking/running/walking), I felt slightly light headed when I got home.

I did my stretches and had a hot shower(stops sweating after you get out of the shower-cold shower would make you sweat more as your body tries to cool itself to matcht the outside temp) as I always do, when I got out of the shower I started to feel really unwell, sweating really heavy, dizy, blurred vision, ... I had to sit down and 'ride' it out for about 5-10mins.

I got dressed, had breaky and 500mls of water( and had a sugary dessert) and felt fine as I set off to work

I'm now still ever so slightly lightheaded and have a headache.

Any idea what could have caused it?

dehydration, very warm today?

m'lady wrote: »
    Sorry that was just a stupid question lol, was nearly just thinkin out loud! Na I'll just go and face the music, I've been dreadful all week anyway so probably would have gained regardless of time! Thanks for your advice :)

Why do you think you'd have a "false" gain? If anything it might seem like you did better than you should have as you'll probably be better today than you've been all week, don't forget if you go ealier next week to take that into account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all,

have been awol from here for last week......was up 1.5 last wed and even though only 0.5 over my goal weight i was disappointed in myself as still want to lose 5 pounds more!!

then friday headed off on a hen and literally ate a million points, didnt track for weekend(which was my downfall) but then i did estimate it for all my three course breakfast, lunches and dinners and bucket loads of drink sunday night i felt terrible for what i had done!

weighed my self and was up about 5 pounds....was good enough last few days so hoping not too bad on scales tonight!! was thinking of not going to WI but have to afce the music so fingers crossed for me please!!

hope your all doing well and getting the loses you want...going to catch up on old pages now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Mine too :( I think the only way is to do a lot of core work - the plank, press ups, crunches :(:(:( I hate the plank and I hate crunches! My brother in law did me up a plan. I'll post it up later if you like, I'm supposed to do it twice a week but have only done it twice since he gave it to me two months ago :eek: I really want to tone up my tum, but I don't want to do the work - I need some inspiration!

I'd love that plan if you wouldn't mind. I plan on really focusing on toning once my exams are finished!

For your inspiration think of the washboard stomach you'll have once you do a few weeks of them ;)

• Advertisement

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey all,

have been awol from here for last week......was up 1.5 last wed and even though only 0.5 over my goal weight i was disappointed in myself as still want to lose 5 pounds more!!

then friday headed off on a hen and literally ate a million points, didnt track for weekend(which was my downfall) but then i did estimate it for all my three course breakfast, lunches and dinners and bucket loads of drink sunday night i felt terrible for what i had done!

weighed my self and was up about 5 pounds....was good enough last few days so hoping not too bad on scales tonight!! was thinking of not going to WI but have to afce the music so fingers crossed for me please!!

hope your all doing well and getting the loses you want...going to catch up on old pages now :)

Hiya, important thing it to go, esp on maintenance. I was going to give it a miss this week as I had been away the weekend before last and was up 1 lb (which was absolutely fine with what I had eaten, really enjoyed it too). I was trying to be really good this week to get back to goal before the two long weekends, but just continued being what I thought was "bad". Obviously, was still conscious though as I was 0.5lb down today, I think it's that when you are trying to maintain you are still counting as if you're trying to lose, so you just NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU GO!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Does anyone know how many PP I should give for 100g of breaded chicken breast - DEEP FRIED!! :eek: ??

I had this with salad and a pesto dressing for lunch and it was yummy!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Thanks all.

Had lunch, bit of fresh air and seem to be feeling much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hi, I'm new to the WW thing and last night was my first night so here goes!!:)
    Anyhow, I was a good girl today and read through my book and practiced counting my points on the little wheel thingy and that was all well and good. However, I am confused about the points allowed and was hoping you wish people here could enlighten me. I am allowed 29 Pro Points per day and that is clear enough. Where I get confused is with the 49 weekly Pro Points.
    1) are you meant to use them all every week
    2) exactly how do you use them? Do you take 7 per day and add them onto your existing 29
    3) do you just have them as a safety net? If you have 31 Pro Points on Wednesday then you have only 47 "safety" ones left over for the rest of the week?

Hi, I'm new to the WW thing and last night was my first night so here goes!!:)
    Anyhow, I was a good girl today and read through my book and practiced counting my points on the little wheel thingy and that was all well and good. However, I am confused about the points allowed and was hoping you wish people here could enlighten me. I am allowed 29 Pro Points per day and that is clear enough. Where I get confused is with the 49 weekly Pro Points.
    1) are you meant to use them all every week
    2) exactly how do you use them? Do you take 7 per day and add them onto your existing 29
    3) do you just have them as a safety net? If you have 31 Pro Points on Wednesday then you have only 47 "safety" ones left over for the rest of the week?

You can use them however you wish. Some people save them if they know they have something big happening that week like a night out. Others use a few every day. Some don't use them at all only in emergencies while others use them all every week. It's a personal thing and it'll probably take a while to figure out what suits you personally!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

You can use them all if you want or you can use only a few. I keep them for the weekend or if i'm out with friends its makes me feel like i'm not on a diet. Sometimes I will use them when i'm craving something after i've used all my points. Its totally up to you how you use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well I'm just back from my WI and I'm 3.5 down (missed the last two weeks) and I'm still dissapointed. I've been doing SOO much excercise and staying within my points and considering I've loads to lose and the effort I put in I'm just a bit fed up. :(

back to the gym this evening I suppose :(

That's really good. Don't be disappointed!

That is 1.5lb one week and 2lb the other!

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You can use them however you wish. Some people save them if they know they have something big happening that week like a night out. Others use a few every day. Some don't use them at all only in emergencies while others use them all every week. It's a personal thing and it'll probably take a while to figure out what suits you personally!!

Thanks. I was worried that it might be cheating of some sort and wanted to make sure I was going to be doing it properly. The "free" fruit really helps the cravings during the day doesn't it?
    bulmersgal wrote: »
    You can use them all if you want or you can use only a few. I keep them for the weekend or if i'm out with friends its makes me feel like i'm not on a diet. Sometimes I will use them when i'm craving something after i've used all my points. Its totally up to you how you use them

Thats a really good idea. It also be handy for the cinema if you were sharing popcorn. At least you wouldn't be pushing yourself way over and ruin a great week in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

kashmir wrote: »
    Hiya, important thing it to go, esp on maintenance. I was going to give it a miss this week as I had been away the weekend before last and was up 1 lb (which was absolutely fine with what I had eaten, really enjoyed it too). I was trying to be really good this week to get back to goal before the two long weekends, but just continued being what I thought was "bad". Obviously, was still conscious though as I was 0.5lb down today, I think it's that when you are trying to maintain you are still counting as if you're trying to lose, so you just NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU GO!! :D
    well done on your lose especially if you didnt think you werent good!!

im defo going to go, i would be soo bad if i didnt especially with easter but i think the guilt would kill me and make me eat more!! havent missed one week since joining last sept....im a ww class addict!! haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I honestly can't answer that, sorry!!

m'lady, can you go to a meeting tomorrow morning instead. thats why i refuse to go to evening meetings....it would only encourage me to try and starve my self...which jst fecks the body up, sugar levels would go NUTS and i wouldnt be able to focus on anything all day with the hunger

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

I went running this morning after a good night sleep(+8hr), had abanana before I set off.
    I didnt over do it(didnt beat my best 2-3 time but did run a longer stint before I started walking/running/walking), I felt slightly light headed when I got home.

I did my stretches and had a hot shower(stops sweating after you get out of the shower-cold shower would make you sweat more as your body tries to cool itself to matcht the outside temp) as I always do, when I got out of the shower I started to feel really unwell, sweating really heavy, dizy, blurred vision, ... I had to sit down and 'ride' it out for about 5-10mins.

I got dressed, had breaky and 500mls of water( and had a sugary dessert) and felt fine as I set off to work

I'm now still ever so slightly lightheaded and have a headache.

Any idea what could have caused it?

i say its dehydrations....i havent been doing much today...and i had that slightly light headed feeling as well...VERY warm in cork today 18 degrees out where i am....water water water....and sugar levels prob slightly off too from excercise and lack of water....ALWAYS have water first in the morning regardless of anything....over night is a LONG time for the body to have no water...

______________________________________________-
    Steak and Mushroom Pie

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 120 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Put pie on the menu with this delicious steak and mushroom pie - it's a great family meal and it's just as good as the one served down your local!

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    700 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cubed
    1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef in 450ml boiling water
    225 g Mushrooms, sliced
    1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, sliced
    2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 tablespoons (level) Cornflour, blended with 3-4 tablespoons cold water
    225 g Pastry, Puff, Ready Rolled Sheets, thawed
    1 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed

Instructions
    Heat the low fat cooking spray in a large saucepan and over a high heat add the cubes of stewing steak a handful at a time, so that they seal and brown. Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until softened.

Add the stock, mushrooms, carrot and parsley to the saucepan. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Check the level of liquid from time to time, topping up with a little extra water if necessary.

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F.

Season the cooked meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Tip the mixture into an oblong baking dish.

Lay the puff pastry sheet on top of the baking dish, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Use the trimmings to make leaves for decoration. Position them on top, and brush the entire surface with milk. Bake for 25 30 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.

Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.

Just back from my WI and down 1lb :D can't believe I'm finally losing again and after 2 nights out and zero exercise!! Big test will be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just back from my WI and down 1lb :D can't believe I'm finally losing again and after 2 nights out and zero exercise!! Big test will be next week.

Woo, well done you! Delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone
    had my wi in yesterday and was UP half a pound:(... really disappointed as i had a good week and stuck to it... but not going to let it stop me cause next week i going to be down loads... hope everyone elses week going ok:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Hi everyone,

well my lack of motivation showed on the scales...up 2lbs. Feel so bloody down and fed up. Once i lost the stone everything slowed down and it felt like i was losing single pounds by the skin of my teeth. Finding it very hard to keep within points and just lacking motivation full stop.

I had bought a size 12 dress for a family wedding in two weeks, it was/is a little tight but I was doing so well at the time that I figured it'd fit nicely in time. I brought it back today and got the 14. The 14 doesnt fit me round the waist as well as the 12 did, its def too big, I must be in between sizes. But what can i do only bring in to the alterations place to get the waist taken in.

The thing is I'm off on hols on sat for a week, and we're about to start trying for baby number 2, so I feel like giving it up now as whats the point.
    I'll prob be back here in a years time with a couple of extra stone to lose.

I'm just not happy being this weight (now 12st 8lbs). I was far happier in myself at 11st 1lb, and I feel its affecting my happiness and overall mood and self confidence so much.

EDIT: just reading back over my post, what the hell is wrong with me, I have so much going for me, a family holiday, a new baby, and being size 12 and a half (!) is not the end of the world, compared to what some people's problems are...I wish i could just stop feeling this way, someone tell me to cop on to myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Elemis wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

well my lack of motivation showed on the scales...up 2lbs. Feel so bloody down and fed up. Once i lost the stone everything slowed down and it felt like i was losing single pounds by the skin of my teeth. Finding it very hard to keep within points and just lacking motivation full stop.

I had bought a size 12 dress for a family wedding in two weeks, it was/is a little tight but I was doing so well at the time that I figured it'd fit nicely in time. I brought it back today and got the 14. The 14 doesnt fit me round the waist as well as the 12 did, its def too big, I must be in between sizes. But what can i do only bring in to the alterations place to get the waist taken in.

The thing is I'm off on hols on sat for a week, and we're about to start trying for baby number 2, so I feel like giving it up now as whats the point.
    I'll prob be back here in a years time with a couple of extra stone to lose.

I'm just not happy being this weight (now 12st 8lbs). I was far happier in myself at 11st 1lb, and I feel its affecting my happiness and overall mood and self confidence so much.

EDIT: just reading back over my post, what the hell is wrong with me, I have so much going for me, a family holiday, a new baby, and being size 12 and a half (!) is not the end of the world, compared to what some people's problems are...I wish i could just stop feeling this way, someone tell me to cop on to myself!

Relax, yes you've a lot to be thankful for but weight is crap! There is a point, you feel better, that's the point!? It's not for anyone else it's for YOU and you can do it! It's totally ok to feel crap after being up but don't throw it away, holidays don't need to be a disaster and sure trying for baby 2 is more exercise :P Just remember how far you've come :D

Thank you Pembily, I'm afraid that once I fall off the wagon then all my hard work and effort will be undone! I suppose the thing to do is keep doing WW until I do eventually become pregnant, I keep assuming it'll be as easy as getting pregnant the first time round, but it may well not be, so I could have a few months to go til then so I may as well keep trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hola everyone!!!!

Been reading over a lot of the previous posts - first up, I have to say fair play to you all. It's so hard trying to lose weight, so it's nice to see the support that's here.

So...here goes...first time poster in this thread. Just started in WW, and as the story always goes, got a shock on the scales - heavier than I thought I was. A lot heavier. I exercise enough and run, but my diet is utter shite! Exercise alone isn't enough to keep weight down and I've noticed it creeping up over the last couple of months. So, enough is enough, I want to be able to wear pretty summer clothes and not hide behind a coat.

Just have to remember a day at a time - but I can't help but think about the mountain that it is to lose weight, and then temporarily lose motivation then i feel like I'm starting at scratch...anyone ever feel like that?

Welcome Loopie,

They are a great bunch here and the best support you could get... :)

I think the general consensus is just take it a week at a time, and a silver 7 at a time, do you have much to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

any ideas what pepperoni slice is ??? pro points wise , like the ones on a subway :) ok ye got me i had a subway

Just wondering, is a cross trainer the best over all workout? I would like to tone up my arms, legs etc, dont really have a problem with my stomach, and it seems like this would be the best work out?

I came across a site where I could hire one for about a tenner a week, I think this could be a good idea, as i dont really have room for to buy one and keep it here always, but could def use one for the short term just to see how much i actually use it and perhaps paying the weekly fee would keep me motivated to use it!

I feel my exercise is really lacking, am home full time with my 3 yr old and walk a lot with him, but its not the same when you have to stop every so often while he picks up daisies or when i've to untangle the dog etc.. and never get the opportunity to get out by myself as much as i'd love to.. so thought a machine like this would be the next best thing. Any thoughts?

Elemis wrote: »
    Just wondering, is a cross trainer the best over all workout? I would like to tone up my arms, legs etc, dont really have a problem with my stomach, and it seems like this would be the best work out?

I came across a site where I could hire one for about a tenner a week, I think this could be a good idea, as i dont really have room for to buy one and keep it here always, but could def use one for the short term just to see how much i actually use it and perhaps paying the weekly fee would keep me motivated to use it!

I feel my exercise is really lacking, am home full time with my 3 yr old and walk a lot with him, but its not the same when you have to stop every so often while he picks up daisies or when i've to untangle the dog etc.. and never get the opportunity to get out by myself as much as i'd love to.. so thought a machine like this would be the next best thing. Any thoughts?

I <3<3 cross trainers...they are better than treadmills for calorie burn,...i could only afford a treadmill tho.

http://www.crazyfitathome.ie/hire.asp

This crowd is fantastic! got our treadmill from them, they sell and hire them out, we bought ours. we had a problem with it...they came straight down from tip to replace it...EXCELLENT service! Always ask about aftercare service!! thats where alot of companies screw you over

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

I got mine last year in elvery sports at half price 400e and at first i was really gulity as i never really used it much and could not really afford it.....but was so handy when i deceided to be good in febuary am now doing about 50 mins 4/5 times a week and I have no bingo wings and my legs are comming along nicely it is a great overall workout and you have no excuse re weather/kids/or joint stress because it is non impact.

I have used all 3 excuses and probably many more, but now i love getting up early and sneaking in my 50 mins before anyone else is up

Now all i need to do is some push ups and stuff at home to tone the belly I dont go to a gym or swim as i cant afford either at the moment but i have a couple of weights and a gym ball and a disc twisty thing i got in dunnes 3 years ago which i must dust off. now i just need to figure out what to do with them....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

any ideas what pepperoni slice is ??? pro points wise , like the ones on a subway :) ok ye got me i had a subway

I'm looking in my ww eat out book it doesn't do a pepperoni sub specifically but pepperoni toastie is 7 classic subs range from 9-14 pp

• Advertisement

aspie mum wrote: »
    I got mine last year in elvery sports at half price 400e and at first i was really gulity as i never really used it much and could not really afford it.....but was so handy when i deceided to be good in febuary am now doing about 50 mins 4/5 times a week and I have no bingo wings and my legs are comming along nicely it is a great overall workout and you have no excuse re weather/kids/or joint stress because it is non impact.

I have used all 3 excuses and probably many more, but now i love getting up early and sneaking in my 50 mins before anyone else is up

Now all i need to do is some push ups and stuff at home to tone the belly I dont go to a gym or swim as i cant afford either at the moment but i have a couple of weights and a gym ball and a disc twisty thing i got in dunnes 3 years ago which i must dust off. now i just need to figure out what to do with them....:rolleyes:

Sounds great Aspie mum, fair play to you!

I found one half price in argos, works out the price of about 5 weeks rental, not sure how good it is but seriously considering it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement