Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi itsallaboutme,

lil bit of bad news the wrapstar is 11.5points!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi all, well after hearing I was pointing too high I went back to the recipe books and altered my intake, I'm dropping from 22 to 18 /a day. (doing this solo hence the advice), the other thing is I have decided to change my weigh in to friday, Both done. The change in pointing wasn't as tough as I thought, think the weather helped to be honest, eating more stuff out of the garden which doubles the pleasure. Have taken to doing extra work in the garden as a form of exercise, but now eating the fruits of me labours.
    Have not included that exercises in my calculations though and have been doing this for @ 3 weeks so expected greater lossess. Changing weigh in to fri is goanna be a lot more positive for me as when I peeked at the scales then there wud always b a loss, so I 'm hoping seeing a drop will spur me on thru the weekend.
    1st friday wi -3lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know, cud b a combination of alterting points etc and increasing exercise................yet again......................but that has to stop, just pulled a muscle in me tummy now and can't even cough now, but am gonna work through it, exercise won't have the same intensity but will still be moving, I know meself, if I get out of the habit of doing me daily bit will be harder to get bac to it.
    Was gonna give up the demon drink, but that didn't last spitting time, good weather = many bbq's, casual get togethers etc. So , changed me drink, vodie n low cal tonic, no more than2 at any event spaced with water, working so far.
    CAROLINE OMG so well done, you have lost more weight than me in 2 weeks than I have lost in 7 weeks, so well done, amazing results, keep up the good work.
    WELCOME to sinead and Joejo. you will love this facility. great advice to be had
    IBARELYCARE if your that sore pleaes don't sit it out, you need to gently exercise through the discomfort, drinj loads of water to wash out the acids that build up in the muscles when u exercise/
    SHElLY stick to it, you know urself wots right etc, so decide urself wot u want and go for it. u have amazing strength and the ability to follow it through for a least for one week, day by day

Mega post I know, but site is so active now .

good luck to all for the coming week. Onwards and downwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LucyK

Hi all,

Just been reading down through all your posts and am delighted to say it's just what I need.

I went back to WW (for about the 25th time) last May. I got to 10stone when I originally joined about 10 years ago and stayed pretty much the same for 4 or 5 years.. Then it all crept back on and more (as it does) Ive lost 9.5lb so far but have at least 3 stone to go to be my dream size 10... I've decided I''m not going to be settle for 12/14 - I want to be a 10 for the first time in my life...

As I said I've rejoined and am going religiously since May. Have had plenty of ups and downs and have started to lose the drive I had at the beginning. I even thought about taking those new Alli tabs but since reading all your posts I've decided to stick on the road I'm on. And reading your great advice for the extra push I need. This is a fantastic thread for me because I go to WW by myself - all my friends are skinny!!! and I don't make pals easily..

So really just thanks to all and fair play to everyone coz it's not easy.. Look forward to reading all updates - Chat soon x x

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

LucyK wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just been reading down through all your posts and am delighted to say it's just what I need.

I went back to WW (for about the 25th time) last May. I got to 10stone when I originally joined about 10 years ago and stayed pretty much the same for 4 or 5 years.. Then it all crept back on and more (as it does) Ive lost 9.5lb so far but have at least 3 stone to go to be my dream size 10... I've decided I''m not going to be settle for 12/14 - I want to be a 10 for the first time in my life...

As I said I've rejoined and am going religiously since May. Have had plenty of ups and downs and have started to lose the drive I had at the beginning. I even thought about taking those new Alli tabs but since reading all your posts I've decided to stick on the road I'm on. And reading your great advice for the extra push I need. This is a fantastic thread for me because I go to WW by myself - all my friends are skinny!!! and I don't make pals easily..

So really just thanks to all and fair play to everyone coz it's not easy.. Look forward to reading all updates - Chat soon x x

Welcome LucyK,
    I only started using this forum this week also, but I find it fantastic, whenever I get a craving or a hunger pang between meals I log in to see what people are up to and it spurs me on (that's why I'm here now, it's such a nice day would love an ice-cream!!!)

Anyway, I too am doing WW by myself, I joined in January and if I get another pound and a half off I will have lost 3 stone, and I am the worst dieter in the world, I have lost my motivation recently and have found it again just by reading here what everyone else is doing.

Hope WW works out for you and that we start seeing you post up some losses after your weigh-in's.
    Best of Luck
    F

WELCOME LUCYK
    You will love it here, FROWZY hit the nail on the head, even if there are no new posts I will scroll back through just to distract meself 4 a bit till I can make a better food choice and get a little bit of inspiration. I'm slogging it out on me own, not going to meetings, (the purse won't streatch that far this time round) hence why I find this facility so good.
    Good luck lucyk

• Advertisement

Thanks so much.. I've just had 2 mini rolos and a packet of meanies... I should have logged in here first!!!!

Seriously though, thanks for all the words of encouragement.. Look forward to losing weight with you all...

I've made tea my new friend.. Everytime I crave something I make myself a cuppa.. It's working well for me (and helping me cut back on the spritzers...)

Thanks again..... LK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have had such a bad weekend food wise, total train wreck. Over by 15 points on friday and 3.5 yesterday. Hope to god I dont pay the price on thur at WI. feel very unmotivated the last couple of days. Anyone who wants the full story have a look at my food diary.

THE REST OF YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and any advice here welcome.
    Really trying to get back on track today

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi itsallaboutme,

lil bit of bad news the wrapstar is 11.5points!!

wow 11.5!!!!it is sooo not worth it!!!!!

im still alright points wise though coz with that and what i had eaten already that day i managed to come in 2.5 points under im on 20 so thats not too bad.

im having a bit of a tough weekend though impromtu( spelling???????) bbqs friday night and last night.hoping i havent done too much damage:eek:

am working today so its not as bad as being home all day brought lunch with me and im too far from the shops to bother going near it for junk:rolleyes:

going to work really hard tomorrow at aquafit and hope for the best tuesday morning:eek:

Please, please, please someone tell me, cider wots the damage for a pint.
    Just spent the day digging in the garden and was very good downed @ 3 lts of water over the day, but having finished I did feel I needed a little something. So what did I do, but, down a pint of cider........................ohhhhhhhhhh it was sooooooo good. Even if its 8pts I know I have worked it off but the digging was me exercise for the day and am now too buckled to do anything else to balance the books.
    Other than that faux pas has been the best week to date, so expecting great things the next wi.
    Good luck to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

A pint of regular cider is 3 points.

• Advertisement

A pint of regular cider is 3 points.

Its a lot, but it was well worth it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

After another great week, I ruined it with my weekend :o I've no willpower! Had a party on Saturday night for friends who just came home from Oz. We all got takeaway, I was good and just got a Singapore Chow Mein and I ended up eating less than a quarter of it! Foodwise that day I must have only had about 8 or 9 points altogether but I more than made up for it with booze :(:( Yesterday had the hangover from hell and all pointing went out the window. Lucozade aplenty plus a couple of bags of crisps and ANOTHER Chinese!!! I didn't even go for the "good" option this time either. Feeling pretty rotton still today, I think because I've gotten used to eating well that when I've had a couple of bad days I'm feeling really crap afterwards! I guess my body is punishing me! I'm wrecked after the weekend too but have aquafit tonight and god do I need it!

Hi to all the newbies, hope most people had better weekends than I did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone,

I also feel like crap had a really good week and then had a hen party on the saturday nite I had planned ahead and even looked up the restraunte on line and checked out there menu. I had a good breakie, a sandwich at lunch time and only the main course penne arrabiata in the itaillian they hadnt a liqure licence so had to go with wine but god had some amount of drink and the i did the worse thing ever I had dame chips on the way home I havent done that in ages and Im soooooo mad with myself so not expecting much this week if i stay the same ill be happy but i made home made chips yesterday as well and Im still hung over today drinking just is not worth it!!! hope the rest of ye got on better than i have.

ment to say it earlier but welcome to all the newbies great to see more people given there advice or just having a whing like me. good luck to all for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys,
    I don't know how I am with food this week. We buried my da last week :-( so I went from eating nothing for two days, to sandwiches and biccies, finally so normal dinners to try and get mammy back eating. WI tomorrow night and I guess we'll see then.

hi barbiegirl! so sorry to hear about your dad my sympathies to you and your family.

I would not worry about WW or your WI this week. you have had a tough week and it might take you some time to get over it. take your time with it and when your ready get back on track.

It seems like everyone has had a tough weekend this week. I guess all we can do is wait and see what the dreaded scales say at WI:eek: and after that go from there. ive a horrible feeling im going to be up this week and im raging after losing 3lbs last week its like ive undone all my hard work:mad: ill be working extra hard at aquafit tonight and have been really good so far all day today:D

anyway the scales will tell all in the morning!! good luck to all with WI this week:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Clonsilla

Hello fellow Weight Watchers

I have a load of Weight Watcher Magazines free to a good home. There are about 20 (Give or take a couple) and are from over the last year or 2.
    They'd be great for a newbie who needs recipes and encouragement or even for a regular.

I am downsizing before I move (excuse the pun) so can't take them with me.

They can be collected from Dublin 15/Dublin 2

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all haven't logged on in a while...

So sorry to hear your news barbiegirl...dont be worrying about ww at this time..plenty of time to get back on track..Chin up hun..sympathies to you and off course your family

Think my weekend defo matches alot of yours...after my shock weigh loss last week...my week started well...fri nite i had some muchies with friends.. and dodged gym...!! Sat ate welll but had loads boose.. and yday i had loads more booze and defo made the wrong food choices.. Today im back on track but am so exhausted i didn make gym..il be there tamo...thank god. I aint expecting anythin on weds i no il be up.. Cant have a miracle wi twice in a row :):) anyways hopefully i wont put the whole 4lbs back on!!

Trying to stay positive 3 weekd for hols and Im feeling confident bout the bikini for once!! :)

Onwards and Downwards people!!:D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi all

Sorry to hear about your da barbiegirl, sympathies to you and your family, as everyone has said here already dont worry about WI.

My weekend was okish, went to cinema and didnt have any goodies just a bottle of water. Not too great yesterday went to milano's, had pizza and dessert.
    My WI is tomorrow nite so fingers crossed!

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome, ill post tomorrow and let you know how i got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all, Was down another lb in WI last night. Was hoping for more though, so I'm on a big drive to do better this week!

Hope all the WI's go well for ye this week!

weight.png

barbiiegirl
    So sorry to hear your news, my sympathies to you and your family. As others have said don't put pressure on yourself regarding your wi, Look after yourself.

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I don't know how I am with food this week. We buried my da last week :-( so I went from eating nothing for two days, to sandwiches and biccies, finally so normal dinners to try and get mammy back eating. WI tomorrow night and I guess we'll see then.

Hey barbiegirl, really sorry to hear your news. As everyone else said, don't be worrying about your WI, just look after yourself! If you do go tonight, best of luck :)

Hi all!!

Had my WI this morning and was not as bad as i thought it would be i stayed the same which i am kind of pleased about as i was all set up for a gain!!Im hoping now that my bad choices dont catch up with me next week so im really going for it this week have nothing major planned for this week so hopefully ill get a loss next week!!!

anyway best of luck to all with WI this week!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Imentohep

Hi everyone,
    I joined WW this morning and i had been browsing this thread for a while, so thought i would pop by and say hello, I am hoping to stay motivated by reading how well you are all doing, I have a huge amount of weight to lose and its very daunting, but hopefully it wont be too difficult. Fingers crossed. xx:)

Hi all, had my weigh in today and was feelin great only to find I was up 1lb.. I was devastated, even had a little cry (and tantrum) - pathetic I know but hormones may have a role to play ha ha.... I know I've just gotten too lax and lazy, haven't been tracking or exercising as much... My dog didn't know what hit him tonight - it was straight out for walkies...

Anyway.. Well done to all the losers this week.. I am sooo jealous.... Keep it up.. I may have to resort to stomach stapling...

LK x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi everyone. :)

itsallaboutme, be greatful when you stay the same it way better than being up! Just take your time, its a journey, enjoy it.

Hi LucyK
    We all have our bad weeks, just put it behind you and start afresh next week.
    After being up a half pound last week I got straight back on the horse this week and lost 1.5lb and got my next silver seven. And I am now down a total of 2st 7.5lb.

So just try and be positive.

Welcome to all the newbies!! Theres so many its hard to keep up! I havn't posted in a while as I have just been using my food diary.

Hope everybody is having a good week! ;)

J xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hi All,

I joined weightwatchers 3 weeks ago (have my weigh in tomorrow evening). Lost 4.5lbs in the first week and 3lbs last week so thrilled with my progress so far. If I can shift another 2.5lbs I'll have hit my 5% goal.

I've been a serial WW joiner over the last 10 years and have never gotten to goal. I've tried every fad diet known to mankind and they don't work. After a bit of a psychological journey I decided that enough was enough and it was time to start spending time on myself. I have never stuck this rigidly to weightwatchers. I am tracking absolutely everything and sticking to my points every day and exercising 5 times a week (running and walking) and I've managed to do this for 3 weeks now so it's starting to become a habit:)

I'm hoping to be at goal for my birthday at the end of November.

My stats are:
    Female
    5ft 9in
    Starting weight 13st 13lbs
    Current weight 13st 5.5lbs
    Goal weight 10st 13lbs
    Total loss to date: 7.5lbs

It's been great finding all these threads - will keep me motivated when I need it.

Hi everyone. Stayed the same at my WI last night. Kind of knew it was going to happen but still disappointed. I haven't been doing very well at all since I started back. I do absolutely brilliantly during the week and have started exercising a lot more in the last 3 weeks but then I ruin it with the weekends.

For the past few weeks my tracking has been falling by the wayside a bit. I track in my head and I know roughly how many points I've eaten everyday but I'm going to start doing it properly again. I've decided to start a food diary thread too, to keep me motivated!

itsallaboutme, I don't think I'll be at aquafit tonight :( I'm feeling absolutely shattered and really drained this week and I haven't been sleeping well so I want to just go straight home after work! Well I'm feeling that way now, I might get more motivated as the day goes on! If I don't go, I'm going to go for a swim tomorrow to make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys,
    Thanks for all the good wishes. I did go last night and I was down 2.5lbs. I have a wedding to look forward to in September and I want to be a size 12, which mean 1.5 stone, doable I think :-)

itsallaboutme, I don't think I'll be at aquafit tonight :( I'm feeling absolutely shattered and really drained this week and I haven't been sleeping well so I want to just go straight home after work! Well I'm feeling that way now, I might get more motivated as the day goes on! If I don't go, I'm going to go for a swim tomorrow to make up for it![/quote]

Hi!!like was said to me above and also by my leader dont be disappointed by staying the same its not a gain at the end of the day!!!just get back on track this week!!

Im not gonna make it myself this evening I have to work this evening!:rolleyes:! im raging but am gonna make myself go walking instead to make up for it!!

anyway take it easy,chin up and maybe see ye monday!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi Barbie girl, I to just want to say how sorry I was to hear of your dad's death must be so hard for you and your family. I see you had a loss this week well done I dont think i will hopeing to stay the same or at the very least suffer 1/2 pound on... its starting to get really hard now. I had a hen at the weekend and im finding it difficult this week trying to stay on track but after tonight ill draw a line under it and start again. My self and my hubby are giving up drink untill our hoils on july 21st so please god that will make a difference.

good luck to everyone this week hope ye have a good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement