Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

MDBatches sadly we (I) will always have to watch what we eat... Go to the meeting or you will binge till next week!? It won't be that bad and is the kick you need! It's not the end of the world but just LEARN from it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

mdbatches wrote: »
    Ya the scales is usually spot on, its a weight watchers scales. However, Im putting some of it down to water retention cos Id say im a bit dehydrated from the alcohol.

My mother has been coaxing me to go the class and yer probably right. Ill just have to bite the bullet. its so disappointing though, Ive just realised that I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat. I wont get away with anything! Thanks a million dee, this thread is a great source of motivation. :)

I bet its not even 8lbs. like that 8lbs that showed on your scales when you just checked will include anything you've eaten and drank today...and possibly last night...even a glass of water technically has a weight until its passed...

and we do weight different amounts throughout the day, a night we are heavier than we are first thing in the morning, and the middle of the day we could be totally different number again...

RELAX, BREATH, Start fresh from right now, drink buckets of water to get your system going again and flush out as much as you can. And go to your meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Totally off topic but dying to share...

I ACTUALLY WON SOMETHING ON THE RADIO!!!! I never win anything.

I just won 2 nights stay and a spa treatment in the Marriot in Druids Glen :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Monife wrote: »

I just won 2 nights stay and a spa treatment in the Marriot in Druids Glen :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Delighted!!!

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Delighted!!!

sell it , its a kip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 conaid

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    this is a great blog on cooking and baking while on a diet and the writer is irish so the brands she uses are here in our own local supermakets :D

http://suppersatisfaction.blogspot.com/p/tips-tricks.html

Thanks for this. some great recipes there. my favourite dinner at the moment is a one pot easy dish. Ready start to finish in 30 mins so quicker than take out and very filling
    Ingredients
    Low fat cooking spray
    2 onions chopped
    1 giant field mushroom or 6 ordinary
    150gm green beans topped and tailed
    small amount red green and yellow pepper
    2 teaspoons thai 7 spice
    80 gm basmati rice(dry)
    100 ml light coconut milk
    2x100gm chicken fillet or same weight mini fillets
    300ml vegetable stock

Spray pan and heat add onions and cook for about 2 mins. Put in spice and swish around. Addd dry rice and swish around to coat with spice.Put in coconut milk and stock Bring to boil and then cover and simmer for about 2 mins. Put in rest of veg and mix it all up. put chicken fillets on top. Cover and cook at low heat for 15 mins.

Serves 2 Has 8 propoints per person. Also has 8 if you use haddock. Has 11 if you use 2x100gm skinless salmon fillet. I use donegal catch frozen Still takes 15 mins. If you like you can use chinese 5 spice which hasnt the chilli kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey folks,

Hope easter egg eating went well for everybody!

I was away with my other half and his parents for the weekend... thought I was being pretty sensible eating wise....

Had cooked breakfast in hotel each day - dodged all my favourites and went for scrambled eggs, mushrooms, 1 rasher and beans

Tried not to give in and devour rubbish ... meh was good enough now

Had 2 picnics which i had 1 and a half cheese salad sambos at each picnic along with few crisps :(

I hit the gym the 3 evenings I was there runnning 2km, walking uphill (on threadmill) 1km and did 5 mins on rowing machine

Had NO easter eggs or chocoloate (apart from 2 mini tiny lindt eggs - the ones the size of your finger nail!)

Went for fast walk last night when I got home even tho I was exhausted and wait for it.......

Put on 1.5 pounds - meh suppose for a weekend away not so bad but am a lil dissapointed kinda given sacrifies I made.

Think Im gona focus on tracking e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g this week - I never have used the tracker so here to a good week :)

Drank so much diet coke and pepsi this week, Imm banning it from our house for a week or two

How did everybody else get on ?? :)

is it bank holiday in UK aswell? i'm waiting on stuff to come from uk...and i'm about to lose the plot if its not here soon....all the extra bank holidays might explain the delay....i hate being that annoying nagging customer....

Hey lainy - yup drove through the UK yesterday coming home and it was most certainly a bank hol! Everybody seemed to be on a go slow with the the big royal gig on friday! Hope your package arrives !

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey lainy - yup drove through the UK yesterday coming home and it was most certainly a bank hol! Everybody seemed to be on a go slow with the the big royal gig on friday! Hope your package arrives !

me too...i actually have people looking for appointments already :O yipeee!

me too...i actually have people looking for appointments already :O yipeee!

Oh best of luck with what ever you are strating out on! Hope it goes well! you will be a fantasic skinny saleswoman! hehe

• Advertisement

Oh best of luck with what ever you are strating out on! Hope it goes well! you will be a fantasic skinny saleswoman! hehe

Dog Grooming...something to keep me busy and away from the house for the summer.

Dog Grooming...something to keep me busy and away from the house for the summer.

Best of luck! Il be relaxing this summer and getting ready for hols! first summer not on the job hunt so gona enjoy every min of it!

well as i suspected i un-did all my hard work last week

i managed to put on 6.5 this week so my grand total for the ww table is + 0.5 lbs poxy i know , draw a line under it and get back in the saddle

well as i suspected i un-did all my hard work last week

i managed to put on 6.5 this week so my grand total for the ww table is + 0.5 lbs poxy i know , draw a line under it and get back in the saddle

Fair play for drawing a line under it! Easter eggs are staring me in the face here and after being up 1.5 pound - feeling sorry for myself! Best of luck

Fair play for drawing a line under it! Easter eggs are staring me in the face here and after being up 1.5 pound - feeling sorry for myself! Best of luck

whats done is done , everyday is a new day

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Does anyone have a link to the league table?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Just back from my WI and i can't believe this... I'm down 5lbs! :) i tracked all week and definitely exercised more than before but i'm still shocked. I'm going to celebrate with a take-away! Hope you're all happy this week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Here's the league table lizlemon
    Week 1 Results Lost/Gain Total % Lost / Gained

1st Bulmersgirl -5.5 -3.63
    2nd Layla0509 -7 -3.16
    3rd Eircom_Sucks -6 -2.12
    4th Aspie_Mum -4 -1.95
    5th Jackmax -3 -1.82
    6th Amre17 -2.5 -1.67
    7th Golf_TDI_150 -3.5 -1.6
    8th Irishfm -2.5 -1.51
    9th Bubbaloo -2.5 -1.31
    10th Saexpat -2 -1.19
    11th Rachelryan29 -1.5 -1.15
    12th Misslt -1.5 -0.75
    13th ibarelycare -1.5 -0.69
    14th Onnie -1 -0.67
    15th Kty -0.5 -0.32
    16th millieboo 0 0
    17th tatoo86 0.5 0.25
    18th fofany86 1.5 0.93

Now remember it isn't a race , i hope it gives people the drive , those who never pm me their weight results are now excluded sadly , thanks to all and well done , and remember this weeks results before sat , to drive you up the table

nothing to be ashamed of people , even the people who gained as we all have bad weeks , im having a horrible weekend with points , eggs etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done to everyone who kept up the exercise over the week.

Didn't do a whole lot myself, did the couch to 5k on Friday (16mins jogging, 8 min intervals, and 15 mins walking and 10 mins cycling - gym) and then 6k walk yesterday. Was all ready to go out for a walk this evening but was so tired and had a banging headache. Really annoyed with all the headaches I have been getting. I never used to get them, only maybe once or twice a year and since November I have had minimum once a week and some weeks every day.

Going to get my eyes tested and see if I need computer glasses.

I know I shouldn't but I checked my own scales there and it says I am up 3lb :eek: I had a feeling I would be up but not by that much, I really don't think the eating that was done merits a gain of 3lb, maybe 1-1.5lb and could live with 2, but 3!!!! Oh well, will find out tomorrow.

Well done on the losses and for those who gained, fair play for sticking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Delighted!!!

Congratulations. I'd love to win something (preferably the lotto!)
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    Just back from my WI and i can't believe this... I'm down 5lbs! :) i tracked all week and definitely exercised more than before but i'm still shocked. I'm going to celebrate with a take-away! Hope you're all happy this week too!

Brilliant result. Keep up the good work.

And to anyone you had a big gain - I find if I put in on quickly, then it usually comes off quickly too. You'll be back down again in no time.

• Advertisement

oooooh dinner was goood! it was crazy high in points (within my dailys) but still outside my comfort number for dinner pp. But hopefully its what my body wanted and needed!

200g Minute Steak 9pp
    300g baby potatoes 6pp
    50g peas 1pp
    50g corn 1pp
    home made peppercorn sauce 3pp
    Total 20pp (daily pp is 43pp)

its high in pp....but its healthy lean pp value and i was trying to use up some pp in a healthy nutritional way

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

It's my first week at this as I just started on Thursday, I've been ok-ish over the weekend, had some chocolate and alcohol and I've used up every single one of my weekly 49 pp's. So wish it was Thursday morning now! I did walk on Sunday and Monday so I'm hoping that will count for something.
    Discovered Loop the loops are only 2 pp's so I've been saving a couple of points to have one round now - danger time for me!
    I've found reading thru ye're posts is great inspiration so thanks to all! A couple of the girls I work with are on the programme also which kinda keeps things in check too thank goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. I decided to go to a class this evening instead of tomorrow morning as I wanted to see what leader was like etc. Anyway was down a pound,am thrilled cos I was away the weekend and had a meal and few drinks and didn't do as much exercise as normal. So I'm a pound away from my first stone,happy days!

I celebrated by going to a circuit training class, am shocked at myself, previously I'd have got a takeaway! But I will definitely treat myself during the week.

Oh also when I was packing few clothes going away I tried on two pairs of jeans that had been two small for me...they were too baggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

I STS this week, which I am not too disappointed with as it's my TOTM so will try harder this week and will hopefully be down!!! Good luck to everybody with their WI this week and congratulations to everyone who lost this week:D:D

went for a 5mile walk today, did 2 miles yesterday, 4 miles fri and saturday .... hope all the miles make up for my false 'dehydration caused' low(3.5LBS down) last week

Caros wrote: »
    Discovered Loop the loops are only 2 pp's so I've been saving a couple of points to have one round now - danger time for me!

I personally dont eat at all after 20:00, unless out for a meal obviously.

I think this, portion control, 2-3ltrs of water daily and little or no bread in my diet have been the reason why I lost the weight I have sofar

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Lainy your so right all it takes is 1 good day to get ya back on track have tracked 100% today drank 4ltrs water and just back from an hr of Zumba and I shuck the bum off myself as punishment for falling off the wagon so horrendously over the long weekend!!!!!!! I know I can't undo the damage I did but at least I'm back on track stupid TOTM!! 

GTI just quick question...as your ur down that neck of the woods, where abouts exactly is Union Hall? its the whale watching place down west cork somewhere

just been looking around tesco.ie

Tesco Mini Ham And Cheese Pizza 95G

they're only 60c each, they clearly tiny at 95g but would make a nice lunch with salad, at only 7pp each, top off with some tinned pineapple! YUMMY

• Advertisement

GTI just quick question...as your ur down that neck of the woods, where abouts exactly is Union Hall? its the whale watching place down west cork somewhere

go from cork to bandon, in bandon head for clonakilty, in clon head for skibbereen, before you hit skibereen you'll pass through Leap. once through Leap there is a turn off to your left for Union Hall.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement