Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    go from cork to bandon, in bandon head for clonakilty, in clon head for skibbereen, before you hit skibereen you'll pass through Leap. once through Leap there is a turn off to your left for Union Hall.:cool:

right...so i hop on a bus to skib and find a taxi then :p haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    right...so i hop on a bus to skib and find a taxi then :p haha

long @ss journey on a bus:o

long @ss journey on a bus:o

i dont drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Off topic but I've definitely decided to try give up or even reduce bread this week, I wouldn't eat a massive amount, but going to try not have it for lunch, to see if it helps shift my weight loss up a gear. I know I'll find it difficult as I can't even stand soup without a bit of bread! But am going to try fill up on fruit and water. I'm determined to get my stone next week!

Any one want to hazard a guess as to how many points are in Coconut Drops?

these are little coconut 'buns' about 1" in diameter and just unde 1" tall

thanks

anyone? I guesstameted them @2PP

• Advertisement

woo hoo just in time for exam insanity my favourite skinny coffee is on special offer in tesco :P

skinny mocha is what'll keep me sane!

Biggest Looser US is right emotional today! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

After yet another shocker of a weekend food and drink wise, I somehow managed to be down 1lb which gets me my first stone. Shocked, but very happy. First of many but we're on the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All,

In a great mood today! Had the best fun last night at my dance class in spite of whacking my finger off the knuckles in my other hand (it's killing me now :(), it was a blast! :D:D

I have six eggs in my fridge which are due to go off tomorrow so I gotta make something with them tonight. Has anyone any ideas? I don't mind making buns or something cos I'll bring them to work in the morning. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

SL I make a large omlette and have it for lunch or breakfast :D Add any of the following grated courgette, spring onion, chopped peppers, ham bits (Aldi), smoked salmon (Lidl), cheese, snap peas, tomatoes, mushrooms! Beat, add salt & pepper and whack in a pan and put under the grill for about 10 min:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Pembily wrote: »
    SL I make a large omlette and have it for lunch or breakfast :D Add any of the following grated courgette, spring onion, chopped peppers, ham bits (Aldi), smoked salmon (Lidl), cheese, snap peas, tomatoes, mushrooms! Beat, add salt & pepper and whack in a pan and put under the grill for about 10 min:D

Thanks Pembily, but I actually hate omlettes :( Plus I'm at work all day and up at 5.30am, so don't have time in the mornings to be cooking - just have time to shove porridge into the microwave :) Thanks for the suggestion though :D

went for a 5mile walk today, did 2 miles yesterday, 4 miles fri and saturday .... hope all the miles make up for my false 'dehydration caused' low(3.5LBS down) last week

as I thought .... UP 3LBS :mad:.

I normally do have an omelette and salad on tuesdays, but last night we had visitors so we had Pasta Bake ... this could be a small factor but ...

I think I've officially plateau'd, in 3 weeks I've lost only 1LBS.

I've started eating 95% of my dailies, was way below before, averaging between 12 and 20 miles weekly walking/jogging..., drink 2-3 litres of water daily, dont eat after 8, plenty fruit, ...

dunno what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Oh I cook the omlette the night before and have it in the fridge and whack in microwave! But it won't make you like them :pac:

Maybe talk to you're leader GT!? It sucks that you have plateaued!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I normally do have an omelette and salad on tuesdays, but last night we had visitors so we had Pasta Bake ... this could be a small factor but ...

I've started eating 95% of my dailies, was way below before, averaging between 12 and 20 miles weekly walking/jogging..., drink 2-3 litres of water daily, dont eat after 8, plenty fruit, ...

dunno what's going on

Hey quick question,are you eating any of your weekly's? At my meeting was a girl who has lost 6 stone, she hit a plateau a couple of months ago. Anyway she told me when she started eating ALL her weekly's she started losing again, anyway just a thought.. or maybe you should be eating all of your daily points?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I thought it was essential to eat ALL the daily points??

dunno what's going on

you might have to start eating MORE of your points....in a healthy way....
    i know it sounds crazy....this happened to me last summer, and i think it was starrting to happen again to me, thats why last night i spent 20pp on a steak dinner, dipped into to activity points cos i'd clocked up 18pp and 15km in 3 days on treadmill. and just as a matter of interest to see if i could get away with having a steak dinner i did check the scales this morning....and it showed a LOSS!!!

you probably need to be eating 100% of your dailies at the very minimum. and the days you excercise a couple of your activity pp.

you gotta fuel the body in order to burn. and you gotta fuel it with the right kinda food, wholegrain, high fibre, poultry, lean meats, and opt for home made where possible, sauces, burgers, wedges, home made stuff has less additives and is less processed so its harder for the body to break down. so your fuller for longer, plus the body uses more energy to break it down.

Caros wrote: »
    I thought it was essential to eat ALL the daily points??

it is, (see post above...just ranted on about it)

I learned the hard way about under eating....5 months i plataued!
    my leader was kinda crap that she never suggested i eat more...it was the personal trainer i was working with said it. She had done ww herself. So knew the joys and pains of "sticking to your points"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    Just started ww pro points yesterday and am finding the system rather confusing as i am used to the old way.I am on 44 pro points which seems a lot and i struggled to use up my points yesterday i think the fact that a lot of fruit is free points is throwing me.This morning i had porridge with skimmed milk it was a large bowl with points value of 7 i could not finish it.
    I lost 5 stone 4 years ago on the old system and i know how many old points in most foods.Do i have to use up all my points everyday and do i have to use my weekly 49 points?I walk 4 mile a day so this is more points to use :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I agree with the eating more thing too! I have lost over 5 stone and was beginning to plateau. I was running 6 days a week and using my daily points and only 5-6 of my weekly points and only loosing 0.5 or 1lb. Then last week, i ate all my weeklies and lost 2.5lb... :D

harr wrote: »
    hi
    Just started ww pro points yesterday and am finding the system rather confusing as i am used to the old way.I am on 44 pro points which seems a lot and i struggled to use up my points yesterday i think the fact that a lot of fruit is free points is throwing me.This morning i had porridge with skimmed milk it was a large bowl with points value of 7 i could not finish it.
    I lost 5 stone 4 years ago on the old system and i know how many old points in most foods.Do i have to use up all my points everyday and do i have to use my weekly 49 points?I walk 4 mile a day so this is more points to use :confused:

we're actually in the middle of discussing this exact thing on the thread :) read last few pp

I'm on 43 pp, i started on 45pp, yes yes yes do try to use all of your dailies. they are there to be used. the weeklies are optional, and they are really handy to have for unexpected events, nights out, occasional treats.

you don't have to use activity points, but if your body is hungry and needing nutrition they should be used. Always track your activity points, cos its a great motivational tool. to look back on in the tracker. You could always use your activity pp instead of weeklies, that way they balance out so you haven't actually gone into the weeklies.

Breakfast:
    30g porridge 3pp
    160ml skimmed milk 1pp
    Splenda + dash of cinnamon 0pp
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha 2pp
    6pp

Lunch:
    3 Tesco Cod Fishcakes 8pp
    2 scrambled eggs 4pp
    1 small can ww spagetti 3pp
    15pp

Dinner:
    Home Made Chicken Cottage Pie 13pp
    Sachet of Knorr Snack Soup 3pp
    16pp

Thats 37 out of 43 pp used in what i think is a pretty healthy way.
    I'm really crap at eating fruit and veg...only thing i like are bananas and strawberries and they are just impossible to keep in the house at the moment with the heat

I'm studying for exams at the moment so i'll prob have a couple more cups of skinny mocha, and maybe some more oatmeal/skimmed milk in the evening, or maybe after the treadmill later sit out in the garden with a skinny cow ice cream for 2pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi everyone,
    haven't posted in a week or so, but have checked in every so often to see how ye are all getting on.
    I have lost total interest in WW...don't know what the hell is going on in my head but I have well and truly fallen off the wagon, which didn't stop to wait for me to pick myself up and get back on.

I was up 1lb last week, and although I was disappointed I cld put it down to a few factors - I had pasta for lunch, when normally I would have a light lunch and I had drank more during the day because of the heat. Apologies for TMI, but I hadn't gone toilet in a few days either.
    I had great intentions to start a fresh, but I have just been ridiculous, eat a whole easter egg on Monday even tho I had promised myself I wouldn't and got a chinese take-away that night.

I haven't really been exercising because the dogs chewed my runners and I haven't been able to afford to replace.

I was going to skip WI tonight, but I'm going to go and face the music and try and start from scratch after the meeting.
    It's my birthday next week and I really wanted to have three stone gone by then, but instead I'm going to be further away from it. :mad::(

But I did decide last night, that I'm going to stop drinking (or cut back) alcohol. Over the last year maybe a bit longer, I've been having awful problems with my face. It flares up and goes bright red and really hot and I keep on getting spots. I never had trouble with my skin before it was always flawless and it's really getting me down. I have never wore a lot of make up but now unless I find I'm even wearing it to work to try and cover up the redness. Anyway, was out for a drink last night, literally had one west coast cooler rose and my cheeks started to burn. I'll have a few this wkend because it's my birthday and then I'm going to give it up for a few weeks and see if it makes any difference.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post, but I'm just feeling a bit low at the minute and it's so much easier to slip back into the old ways rather than sticking to my new good habits.
    I have come such a long way and I don't want to go back to nearly 17stone again, I just have to get my game head on again.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter and is enjoying the short work week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Had a bad week food wise, ate pizza, burgers, the works spent way too many of my weeklies on alcohol and manged to be down 5lbs! Just don't understand it! Didn't do more exercise than usual, if anything I did less:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

newbee22 wrote: »
    Had a bad week food wise, ate pizza, burgers, the works spent way too many of my weeklies on alcohol and manged to be down 5lbs! Just don't understand it! Didn't do more exercise than usual, if anything I did less:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

well if you just started ww the first 2 or 3 weeks you usually get big losses.
    so just thank your lucky stars. You wont be able to eat like that every week! You were really really lucky! Well done! I'd love to see a 3 let alone a 5!

you may also be dehydrated from the alcohol and this heat. so start drinking loads of water....like 2.5 - 3 litres. Its really warm these days...ALOT of people complaining for headaches which prob down to hey fever or dehydration...us irish aint designed for this heat...i'm downing water like a fish at the moment...cant seem to get enough of enough. I suffer really badly from hey fever usually....but so far i've been ok :O i think all the water is keeping my sinuses flushed!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey quick question,are you eating any of your weekly's? At my meeting was a girl who has lost 6 stone, she hit a plateau a couple of months ago. Anyway she told me when she started eating ALL her weekly's she started losing again, anyway just a thought.. or maybe you should be eating all of your daily points?
    not using any weeklies/activity points, finding it though enough to use my 46 dailies without eating rubbish.

kildareash wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    haven't posted in a week or so, but have checked in every so often to see how ye are all getting on.
    I have lost total interest in WW...don't know what the hell is going on in my head but I have well and truly fallen off the wagon, which didn't stop to wait for me to pick myself up and get back on.

I was up 1lb last week, and although I was disappointed I cld put it down to a few factors - I had pasta for lunch, when normally I would have a light lunch and I had drank more during the day because of the heat. Apologies for TMI, but I hadn't gone toilet in a few days either.
    I had great intentions to start a fresh, but I have just been ridiculous, eat a whole easter egg on Monday even tho I had promised myself I wouldn't and got a chinese take-away that night.

I haven't really been exercising because the dogs chewed my runners and I haven't been able to afford to replace.

I was going to skip WI tonight, but I'm going to go and face the music and try and start from scratch after the meeting.
    It's my birthday next week and I really wanted to have three stone gone by then, but instead I'm going to be further away from it. :mad::(

But I did decide last night, that I'm going to stop drinking (or cut back) alcohol. Over the last year maybe a bit longer, I've been having awful problems with my face. It flares up and goes bright red and really hot and I keep on getting spots. I never had trouble with my skin before it was always flawless and it's really getting me down. I have never wore a lot of make up but now unless I find I'm even wearing it to work to try and cover up the redness. Anyway, was out for a drink last night, literally had one west coast cooler rose and my cheeks started to burn. I'll have a few this wkend because it's my birthday and then I'm going to give it up for a few weeks and see if it makes any difference.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post, but I'm just feeling a bit low at the minute and it's so much easier to slip back into the old ways rather than sticking to my new good habits.
    I have come such a long way and I don't want to go back to nearly 17stone again, I just have to get my game head on again.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter and is enjoying the short work week ;)

I'm the same, i go bright red when drinking, and start burning up, make up starts running everywhere....very hard to look somewhat composed when you look like a drunk after 1 or 2 drinks.

Oh god i hope they werent expensive runners the dog chewed! there should be loads of sales coming for the next bank holiday. I'm sure you'll pick up a decent pair. if there is a Schuh near you, I always get sketchers in there for under 30 euro during the sales :) or even watch out in the sports shops :) selling off winter stock.

not using any weeklies/activity points, finding it though enough to use my 46 dailies without eating rubbish.

red meat. work in lean red meats to your meals. beef mince, home made burgers or meat balls :) full of protein and iron :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

This may seem against the grain of weight loss but maybe you're exercising too much? I hit a plateau since Jan and it's only last week and hopefully tonight that I've finally started losing weight again. I haven't done any exercise the last 2 weeks and yet those are the 2 weeks I've lost weight. Before that I was exercising about 5 days a week and would alternate between swimming and walking. I never used my activity points but I wasn't losing weight. I would either eat more or scale down the exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Kildareash I would definitely go tonight. It might not be as bad as you think and if it is then it will be the motivator to get you going again. Its normal to fall off the wagon but the most important thing is to keep going. Like you said you don't want to go back to where you were so just keep picturing where you are now and where you want to be and you'll be fine :)

could someone actually ask there leader about the whole eating all your dailies thing...

i'd like to see what the leaders are actually saying....will they just say "oh yes you have eat them all" or will leaders actually explain why you should eat them all. when pro points launched in the UK back in october i read every articles i could find on it, articles about using all the dailies, the weeklies the activity poiints...I read at least 2 or 3 weight watchers articles a day online...either on the oz,us or uk site, or just surf the net for stuff.

then i started just reading up on how fibre, carbs, water, caffine, alcohol, excercise effect weight gain or loss to see if the general information out there actually supported the principles of pro points....

i'm one of these people...i have to know WHY/How it works to have faith in it....

So i think I've educated my self thru researching it my self...and my own on going battle with the scales. I'm still learning!!! like last night i was slightly terrified sitting down to dinner eating steak!

Pro points = Points Plus in the states, cos they use different measurements of food, but its the same idea,
    there is TONNES of free content and recipes on the US and OZ sites :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    could someone actually ask there leader about the whole eating all your dailies thing...

i'd like to see what the leaders are actually saying....will they just say "oh yes you have eat them all" or will leaders actually explain why you should eat them all. when pro points launched in the UK back in october i read every articles i could find on it, articles about using all the dailies, the weeklies the activity poiints...I read at least 2 or 3 weight watchers articles a day online...either on the oz,us or uk site, or just surf the net for stuff.

then i started just reading up on how fibre, carbs, water, caffine, alcohol, excercise effect weight gain or loss to see if the general information out there actually supported the principles of pro points....

i'm one of these people...i have to know WHY/How it works to have faith in it....

So i think I've educated my self thru researching it my self...and my own on going battle with the scales. I'm still learning!!! like last night i was slightly terrified sitting down to dinner eating steak!

My leader did not really say whether or not you have to use all of your daily points but she did say that if you do not use them on the day that you loose them and you cannot carry them forward or save them and use them again or anything like that.... If this is any help! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement