Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hi All,

I had my weigh in tonight and was down another 4.5lbs so needless to say I'm over the moon. That's 12lbs in the 3 weeks that I've been doing this. I can't believe how quickly I'm seeing results. Aiming for my 1st stone next week. Only 29lbs to goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello there...
    Congrats to all having a loss this week...I was up 1lb and it was deserved.. I was dwn a mysterious 4lb last week soit caught up on me..still tho 3lb for the two weeks aint bad..!! I think i needed to see a gain on the scales to cop on to myself...had two mad weeks food n drink wise so this week im back to basics..Iv 3 more wis till hols and 5.5lbs til goal! If i got there it would be fantastic!! If i dont i still no im nearly der :D:D I have a food plan wrote up for week and off weekend so will hopefully fit in more gym time..!! Thats the plan anyways hopefully I can stick it ou!!

My big Rant!! Anyways i hope you all have a great weekend..!! And that the sun shines...tis always good!! :D:D

Onwards and Downwards ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

journey wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had my weigh in tonight and was down another 4.5lbs so needless to say I'm over the moon. That's 12lbs in the 3 weeks that I've been doing this. I can't believe how quickly I'm seeing results.
    Thats a lot to have lost. Most will advise 1-2lb a week fat loss. You will have been losing water weight too in the beginning which will account for fast weight loss. I am not trying to be off-putting or anything, just giving a warning not to build your hopes up and expect to lose that much each week, you could well put on weight.

Keep looking the bigger picture if you do put on weight, divide your overall weight loss by the weeks on it, if you are losing 1-2lb per week you are doing fine. So do not be disheartened when your losses slow down, it is perfectly normal for them and you should be far more worried if they continue at that fast pace.

I lost weight at about 0.5lb per week, slower the better in my mind, more likely to stay off and not mess your metabolism up.

shellybelly08- 60lb lost :eek: very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Hi Everybody,

Haven't posted in a while but I have been keeping up to date with your progress and well done to everyone at WI in this week. Noone put on too much weight, bodies just evening out after big losses I think, and some had big losses, well done.

Barbiegirl, I was so sorry to hear about your Dad, it's not surprising you were down weight with the stress, don't be surprised if you are up a pound next week though when you start eating properly again. You shouldn't worry about WI for a couple of weeks, your body will need food to deal with the grief. I hope you and your family get through this ok, and we're here to listen if you need to rant on.....

Well my news is that after 2 months of trying I finally passed the 3 stone mark today!!!!! I lost 5 pounds this week, but I have been down a pound up 3 and then stayed the same for weeks on end, maybe I'm over the plateau now? who knows let's wait to see what next week brings. Total weight loss since January is 3 stone 3.5 pounds. YIPPEE!!!!! Today's talk was about using all your points to burn the calories and not trying to get by on the minumum which is what I was guilty of, when I nearly fainted in the gym I started using all my 19 points and had a big loss which surprised me, but hey I won't fight it...

Anyway good night to all and remember tomorrow's another day.
    Yours in weightloss,
    Frowzy

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats a lot to have lost. Most will advise 1-2lb a week fat loss. You will have been losing water weight too in the beginning which will account for fast weight loss. I am not trying to be off-putting or anything, just giving a warning not to build your hopes up and expect to lose that much each week, you could well put on weight.

I know that it's completely unrealistic to expect to lose that much each week. I really stepped up the exercise this week as I was expecting to plateau after the first 2 weeks loss and really wanted to lose 2.5lbs to hit my 5% goal. I went back running (hadn't run in ages) and earned an extra 23 exercise bonus points that I didn't use, tracked for the full 7 days and stayed within my points each day. I'm sure the plateau is just around the corner, but as long as I stick to my points and keep up the exercise I know I'll get there eventually :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well guys, I'm getting the ultimate in personal trainers this weekend. A puppy :-) We've been thinking about one for ages and my aunts dog had a litter so we're taking one off her hands. That will mean a minimum of two walks a day, and as she gets bigger she'll want to walk faster and eventually run, so it will be gradual. Plus still at the basketball every Thursday and I need to up my fitness levels so this will help there too.
    The weekend to come but nothing drink wise planned so should be ok fingers crossed :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Well done to all this week.
    Frowzy, that is amazing work, I am in total awe at your results.
    After my 3lb loss last week I was really spurred on this week, have been eating within my points every day and also exercising every day too so was expecting to maintain last weeks weight loss, but no +1 at my wi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I've been putting extra effort into drinking at least 2lts of water each day and no alcohol either. I'm at a loss. Feel like kicking it to the curb at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!1

well done to all with losses this week there are so many who lost huge amounts so really well done to ya all:D

I am having a horrible week altogether:( Had celebration dinner with a friend who passed some exams on thursday, went to lemongrass chinese and had singapore noodles and a desert:mad::(:eek:.
    then a bbq last night!!!

I am just so fed up with it this week and like felinefeelins says Im so close to jacking it in:eek:

BUT I am going to stick it out!! I am going to try do some damage control for next few days and then I will go to WI on tuesday even though I know for sure I'll be up. I hope then next week to be in a better frame of mind:(

Stick with it felinefeelins you will get there in the end. I've jacked it in before and after a few months felt rubbish for giving up. one you get over this and get a good loss you will feel much better and delighted that you stuck it out!!!!!

anyway hope your all having a better week than me!!!!
    (wow!!!!sorry that was a long post!!!:D)

Hey there..

Just checkin in ...itsallaboutme and felinefeelins hang in der i was havin a hard time of it few weeks ago...busy weeks with overindulgence u do get past it the best thing it to stick out it will all pay off in the end!! Go to your WIs you could be pleasantly surprised!:D

Havin an ok week...thursday fine n gym, fri was grand but had dinner out but had saved points during day for it...yday was ok gym and went slightly over points wise.. but had alot alcohol last night so i really dunno where i stand at all!! Gonna stick to the plan i made for week and see wat the result is weds...:)

Hope everyones havin a great weekend..!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi everyone, hope ye had a good week end.. well after my weigh in last wednesday i had stayed the same.. so decided to go off drink this week end thinking it would help it didnt. on wednesday nite i treated my self noting mad pack of normal chrips and a choc bar which i never do but i found myself thinking the whole rest off the week ah sure I can eat that im not drinking so that's points i wont be using this went on all week so i havent saved any points at all, ate within my range for the week. then yesterday i gave blood so I felt I deseverd a wine after and had 4 so not looking forward to wednesday. im back on track now and hope i can make up for some of the boldness before my next weigh in pg...

good luck to everyone with weight inn's in the next few days;;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

The diet has been a sunken ship for the last week as mum is very ill. i have had nothing but junk for the last week with the odd takeaway in between. lived out of the vending machine outside of icu.:mad: Today is the first day I have had any proper food. I missed WW last week but know I am really up. I can deal with that when this is all over. Family comes first...
    Just will have to get back on track when when things ease up family wise.

Well done to all who have lost and keep trying to those who didnt get great results this week. We will all get there in the end.:):):)

Hi Carolinespring. Just sending you good thoughts, wishes and hugs. WW will be there when everything has calmed down, for now don't worry about it.

Hi peoples...

carolinespring chin up your right family comes first ww will be still there when the tough time passes..!!:)

Well after me tellin of my ok week yday...i was so hungover i went to the pub again ...unplabbed then was drinkin all nite ..and as a result made a pig of myself today!! My week is dead i no il be up AGAIN this week...dam it!! Im going to try my best tamo and have plans to go gym too..!! Hopefully the damage wont be too bad.!...fingers crossed.!!

How was everyone elses weekend...??:D

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi

Went to my WI last Tuesday and stayed the same, I was so annoyed with myself cos I taught I tried really hard, so on Wed last week I started off great walked into work (approx 65 mins at a good pace) but havent been too good over the weekend so hoping Ill be down.

I got my sliver 7 two weeks ago and have loss my motivation since then.

Any tips on what to eat over the weekend would be great!

Sorry about the rant and fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    Well done everyone on their losses, keep up the good work!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all,
    Had WI last night, down another 1.5lbs. Was very happy, so thats 10lbs in total now, so really going to try for the next 2 weeks to reach the stone mark!

Hope everyone has a good WI this week, and if not, there's always next week!

weight.png

Ibarleycare, I notice your from meath and hope you might be able to help me out! I heading on my hoils on July 21st my usually meeting is on a wednesday but im going on the tuesday and I want to get weighed before I go, I see from the internet that there is a meeting in navan on a tuesday in the Newgrange hotel (i no its a long shot you prop arent near navan) and it starts at 1 im going to have the hubby and 3 kids in the car and i really just want to run in and out. Do you know if it starts on time or what would be the best time to run in at not to delay.. my flight's at 5 and Id need to be in the airport 2 hours before hand. it would be great if you could tell me as i have meeting's in spain sorted they are on a tuesday morning close to me with english leaders...(hopefully this will stop me doing to much damage)

thank's lou

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

barneylou wrote: »
    Ibarleycare, I notice your from meath and hope you might be able to help me out! I heading on my hoils on July 21st my usually meeting is on a wednesday but im going on the tuesday and I want to get weighed before I go, I see from the internet that there is a meeting in navan on a tuesday in the Newgrange hotel (i no its a long shot you prop arent near navan) and it starts at 1 im going to have the hubby and 3 kids in the car and i really just want to run in and out. Do you know if it starts on time or what would be the best time to run in at not to delay.. my flight's at 5 and Id need to be in the airport 2 hours before hand. it would be great if you could tell me as i have meeting's in spain sorted they are on a tuesday morning close to me with english leaders...(hopefully this will stop me doing to much damage)

thank's lou

Hey sorry, I don't live in Navan! But I'd suggest turning up at about 12.45 or so, I know a lot of places will start weighing in before the time it's supposed to start. If it's busy, I'm sure you could ask nicely if you could go ahead of people!

Hi all!
    Well I sucked it up and went to WI this morning knowing I would be up this week but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be was only up 1lb so Im not too dissappointed. Our meeting was all about having variety in our diets and its really given me some great ideas and now Im all motivated for the week ahead.

I couldnt make it to aquafit last night (ibarelycare- did you go?) so Im determined to step it up a gear this week and am looking into a few other classes too! I'll let ya'll know if I find any good ones!!

anyway good luck to all with WI's later in the week.congrats to all who lost and chin up to those who didnt:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hi guys,

it's been a good while since i've posted!unfortunately i haven't been able to make my meetings of late but i think i'm doing ok on my own just trying to stay on points but of course i can't get an overly accurate weigh in as i'm on my own scales at home which i think sometimes has a mind of it's own! weight wise i'm not sure where i am so i'm hazarding a guess at 12st 11lbs as i did put on 4lbs at my last official weigh in i seem to be maintaining right now which i can only be thankful for.

i'm off to scotland on saturday to visit my mam & dad they moved there recently so i'm really looking forward to seeing them!

it looks like everyone is doing well - congrats & keep up the hard work!

barbiegirl very very sorry to hear about your father many condolences to you & your family xx

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi all!
    Well I sucked it up and went to WI this morning knowing I would be up this week but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be was only up 1lb so Im not too dissappointed. Our meeting was all about having variety in our diets and its really given me some great ideas and now Im all motivated for the week ahead.

I couldnt make it to aquafit last night (ibarelycare- did you go?) so Im determined to step it up a gear this week and am looking into a few other classes too! I'll let ya'll know if I find any good ones!!

anyway good luck to all with WI's later in the week.congrats to all who lost and chin up to those who didnt:D:D

Hey! Congrats on not going up too much :D Yeah I went to aquafit on Monday and to be honest, you didn't miss much. I don't know what it was but it wasn't a great class at all. The pool was too deep first of all, and it was absolutely packed as well, hard to move! That obviously made the pool even deeper! I really didn't feel like I got much out of it. Looking forward to tonight though, you coming? I was also looking at other classes around the area, just in case I ever missed my normal ones. Coolmine have classes on Mon, Tues and Thurs but they're quite late, Tues doesn't start until 9.15 and Thurs it's 8.45. I heard some girls in the changing room mention somewhere else around the area too and they said the classes were also on very late there.

I was down 2.5lbs this week so was really pleased! Heading away this weekend though and am sure to be overindulging :o Will try and take it easy though.... :pac:

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I was down a 1lb last night. So pretty happy with that. Will keep battling away, want to get down 2lb for next week, but I know I have the Leinster Final on Sunday and if Kildare win, being a Lilywhite I will have to indulge. But I'll do my best to keep the points minimal and to save a few too.
    Congrats to everyone else on weight losses :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone! :D

Nice to see you all doing so well! Keep up the good work. I am just back from the gym so good start to the week. I also bought a mini trampoline in tesco last night, only €15 so im gona give that a shot aswell.

I lost 3lbs at my weigh in yesterday, thats a total of 2st 10.5lb, delighted! Have two more weigh ins before my holiday so if im really good I might even get my 3stone before I go!!

Welcome back Ladiee24!! ;)

J x x

Hey! Congrats on not going up too much :D Yeah I went to aquafit on Monday and to be honest, you didn't miss much. I don't know what it was but it wasn't a great class at all. The pool was too deep first of all, and it was absolutely packed as well, hard to move! That obviously made the pool even deeper! I really didn't feel like I got much out of it. Looking forward to tonight though, you coming? I was also looking at other classes around the area, just in case I ever missed my normal ones. Coolmine have classes on Mon, Tues and Thurs but they're quite late, Tues doesn't start until 9.15 and Thurs it's 8.45. I heard some girls in the changing room mention somewhere else around the area too and they said the classes were also on very late there.

I was down 2.5lbs this week so was really pleased! Heading away this weekend though and am sure to be overindulging :o Will try and take it easy though.... :pac:

Hey congrats on the loss thats brilliant:D Ill be there tonight for defo Im raging i missed two in a row so it better be a good one!!! see ya there!!!

Congrats on the loss barbiegirl with all you have had to deal with lately you did really well to still lose!! i know i would have made a complete mess of it so fair play:D:D

ladiee24, fair play to you as well for maintaining while not making WI:D if I was you id try make it back to them though I found last time that when i maintained and didnt go to my WI i ended up eventually gaining again and undoing all the hard work I put in:mad: everyone is different though so if it works for you then keep it up and well done;)

congrats jwacqui thats a huge loss this week fair play to ya:D with two more WI before your hols you can defo make your 3rd stone keep it up you'll make it no bother:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi everybody

Went to my WI last nite and was down 1lb so very happy with that, it prob could have been better but hey i didnt have a great weekend and have been having muscle spasms in my back so couldnt do much exercise.

Can I just say that I am so imspired by everyone on this thread with all the great weight losses - Ive been going to WW about 8 weeks now and i just come on here for inspiration.

Big congrats to everyone on this thread that lost any amount of weight as it is so difficult to loss weight so well done everyone!!!
    Keep up the good work!!!

Hey sorry, I don't live in Navan! But I'd suggest turning up at about 12.45 or so, I know a lot of places will start weighing in before the time it's supposed to start. If it's busy, I'm sure you could ask nicely if you could go ahead of people!

Ill try that thanks for your help I barelycare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TillyTwanda

hi everyone! i have tried weight watchers a few times no success i seem to just fall off the wagon at about week three but i'm going to try again! any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5 ft 3" and weigh 12.6 i would like to get down to 9st but my first goal is 10% which is just 18lbs!! i work a lot of nights so i find it hard to decide how to use my points on these nights...any ideas thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TillyTwanda

i got my ticker

weight.png

:pac::pac::pac:

Hi all,

Had my weigh in tonight and was down the 2lbs to get me to my first stone so I am absolutely over the moon. Can't believe how quickly I dropped the first one. I'm sure the next 2 will be a lot tougher but I'm in this for the long haul and know I'll get there as long as I keep sticking to the plan and exercising.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done to everyone else who was down this week.

• Advertisement

Well done Journey that brill keep up the good work!!

I had my meeting last nite and I was delighted i had lost 2.5 ibs :) which means I have 11.5 off in total and im 7 ibs from my goal weight and just in time for my hoils, I looked up the english ww web site and they give you all the local english speaking ww meetings in spain which is great found one close to where im staying so im going to go. A lot of damage can be done in 3 weeks so at least ill be kind of on top off it. good luck to everyone who has to be weighed yet this week.. and well done to the losers!!, and to thoses off you that have mantained or put on a little we have all been there next week is another new start so chins up.:)

weight.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement