Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

kashmir wrote: »
    What other drinks, is it not only wine & vodka. Nah, joking, like whiskey too :D

haha i would like people to still talk to me afterwards though, whiskey might not guarantee that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hollyhock wrote: »
    .....im with you on that!!!!

right....going to try and be more positive my grooming stuff should be here tomorrow...

the missing piece should be here next week, cos they have to repost it. Thats that dealt with.

I would be amazed if the phone arrived tomorrow...fecking hell my bank balance has taken some beating lately!

and Wi saturday....this stage i'll settle for STS...not gaining in times of stress is as good as a loss in my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

intouch44 wrote: »
    i'll happily run for my bulmers but don't think it's gonna be enough, are there are any 'good' drinks out there? (not wine or vodka!)

might help ... :)

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I have no interest in the wedding but others do and I respect that! I also wish them look, he does a lot of good as did his mom! Now the rugby tomorrow will be great (I'm a Munster but will be happy with an Irish team in the final)!

Have my 10k cycle done so here's hoping it helps :D

An omlette could easily be 20pp depending on the among of oil and the ham...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI last night and STS :mad::mad: Luckily my class wasn't busy (only 4 of us there) so she had time to have a chat with me. She reckons that it's just a plateau and everyone goes through it and there is nothing really that I can do, just keep doing what I am. She said that basically my body needs time to adjust to the weight loss that I've already had and then when that has happened, the losses will kick off again! It's just so disheartening, but at least I didn't go up. I'm only 4lbs to goal so it's even more fustrating :( But I will keep going and hopefully will see a loss next week!

We got sample packets of Linwoods flaxseed things last night - had some on my porridge this am, nice enough I suppose, not a lot of taste to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

this bugs me alot

why the fook would anybody wanna watch that farce ???? bald guy punching way above his league , she's gorgeous and wasting her life and i hope she doesnt turn up :)

Ah ES - sounds to me like Kate might be your "one that got away" - must be hard to watch her marrying someone else!! :p

Well, I walked the legs off myself last night - 5 miles in total. And then I ruined it by coming home and eating 3 - yes 3 - triangles of Toblerone - the HUGE airport one!!! :eek: I have no idea how many points in each one but I'm going to say 3PP for each triangle - what do ye think??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Had my first WI yesterday morning lost 2 pounds :) now to keep it up! my DH has been eating the same as me and weighed him self and lost 7!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

I haven't posted all week but I have popped in to read on all the progress & some amazing losses this week so well done :)

Had my WI this morning & I am pissed off! Up 1.5lb & I really don't know why I exercised a ton & did not fall off the wagon or chomp my way through chocolate so I'm putting it down to experience & the possibility that last wks 2lb loss was a false one due to my boozy night out before? I'd weighed myself on the thurs & was down 0.25lb then on fri I was down 2lb so I think that's part of it & it's also TOTM & I feel very bloated & yuck! So in 2 weeks I'm down the grand total of 0.5lbs :( let's just hope all the exercise this week shows next (6 5k walks & 1 50 min cardio workout with Davina)

I'm in a horrible mood now (if I'm being honest I woke up in foul humour!) & I need to snap out of it. I went to bed starving last night at 9 to stop myself from going over points, no matter what I ate yesterday it didn't keep me full (soup & crackers @ lunch fish rice & veggies for dinner) & even though I had 15 weeklies left I didn't want to eat lots of crap before WI - probably should have cos it's not like being good did me any favours!!

Sorry for the rant but the only place I could vent! So much crap going on this wk this is the final straw for me :( I just need to stay focused & motivate myself to get down to the 11's & not lose heart or willpower!

Kay I hate those weeks, keep strong! it is a pain when your sooo good and it does not show. bet it will show this week though.
    Im glad I found this thread, I find with WW I follow the plan and lose tiny amounts each week so it takes me over 10 weeks to get my half a stone! Im hoping this time with the new plan I can lose a little more a little quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Ah ES - sounds to me like Kate might be your "one that got away" - must be hard to watch her marrying someone else!! :p

Well, I walked the legs off myself last night - 5 miles in total. And then I ruined it by coming home and eating 3 - yes 3 - triangles of Toblerone - the HUGE airport one!!! :eek: I have no idea how many points in each one but I'm going to say 3PP for each triangle - what do ye think??

Yes, 3 pp each triangle. Worth it methinks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Thanks baby I will get refocused this morning & I need to go to my food shop later so I'll keep at it & hopefully it will show in the nxt WI :) I'm having a really quiet weekend so I'll stay on track up the exercise & maybe cut out any pity treats & load up on salads & fruit to make me feel better :) The oh is in Italy for the weekend & most of my friends are away for the weekend so think I'll do lots of cooking For the freezer & sprawl out in the sitting room with DVDs & books!

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Thanks baby I will get refocused this morning & I need to go to my food shop later so I'll keep at it & hopefully it will show in the nxt WI :) I'm having a really quiet weekend so I'll stay on track up the exercise & maybe cut out any pity treats & load up on salads & fruit to make me feel better :) The oh is in Italy for the weekend & most of my friends are away for the weekend so think I'll do lots of cooking For the freezer & sprawl out in the sitting room with DVDs & books!

Sounds lovely! Im hoping lots of walks and watching my points and portions do me some Im going to reserch some nice meals, Im at a loss at what to cook. :)

Not sure if any one posted this before but a handy pro points Calculator for working out the pro points http://points.ogo.ms/

also a link to two recipes http://www.mwah.ie/PPRecipes.pdf

hope the links work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bubbaloo wrote: »

Using the following link, on the calculator I am getting 11PP for 3 pieces but I would say you are safe calling it 9PP.

http://www.fitclick.com/how_many_calories_in_Toblerone_Bar_Large_?fd=420483

On another note, feeling much better today and on track. Went out for a 5k walk/jog and was absolutely delighted, managed to jog 14 minutes :D:D While I was out, I was thinking to myself, this is great, no wonder I have been feeling low as I have been neglecting the exercise. I think even when I am tired and home from work, still going to force myself out and even if I don't enjoy it because of tiredness, at least I will be really tired and will sleep well.

Well done on the losses girls.

Re: The Royal Wedding... told myself I wasn't going to watch it, but here I am watching it ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Kay_80 wrote: »
    I haven't posted all week but I have popped in to read on all the progress & some amazing losses this week so well done :)

Had my WI this morning & I am pissed off! Up 1.5lb & I really don't know why I exercised a ton & did not fall off the wagon or chomp my way through chocolate so I'm putting it down to experience & the possibility that last wks 2lb loss was a false one due to my boozy night out before? I'd weighed myself on the thurs & was down 0.25lb then on fri I was down 2lb so I think that's part of it & it's also TOTM & I feel very bloated & yuck! So in 2 weeks I'm down the grand total of 0.5lbs :( let's just hope all the exercise this week shows next (6 5k walks & 1 50 min cardio workout with Davina)

I'm in a horrible mood now (if I'm being honest I woke up in foul humour!) & I need to snap out of it. I went to bed starving last night at 9 to stop myself from going over points, no matter what I ate yesterday it didn't keep me full (soup & crackers @ lunch fish rice & veggies for dinner) & even though I had 15 weeklies left I didn't want to eat lots of crap before WI - probably should have cos it's not like being good did me any favours!!

Sorry for the rant but the only place I could vent! So much crap going on this wk this is the final straw for me :( I just need to stay focused & motivate myself to get down to the 11's & not lose heart or willpower!

Kay, stick with it. 2 weeks ago I was up 1.5lbs for no reason & then I had my TOTM. Then this week (and I had used all my weeklies Easter Sunday & no exercise), I was down 2lbs. And it has happened to be before too - was up 2lbs, having stuck to it exactly & then the following week was down 4lbs. I'm sure it'll show up next week. Just don't give up now. Good luck.

Re: The Royal Wedding... told myself I wasn't going to watch it, but here I am watching it ha ha[/QUOTE]

Isn't she stunning and as for her sister, nearly prefer that dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

He looks bored with the sermon :P

She looks fabulous I have to say!

Was very good all day yesterday...until last night when I milled through 2 curly wurlys and a glass of wine :(

I'm deliberately sabotaging myself and I don't know why!! Hopefully get some exercise in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

lizlemon wrote: »
    Hey Tantipie,

Congratulations on getting to your goal weight.. That must be an amazing feeling!!
    I was wondering if you give some tips on what got you there! So many of us on this thread are in the middle of our journey to get to goal weight, I'd love to hear from someone who has gotten there too :-) Remind us all that it is actually possible lol :-)
    aw thanks so much!! it's been a long old slog but i got there and you will too!!! it really is worth it.just make little changes like swapping full fat for low fat options in everything,,and track track track,,it really does work:D
    Oh i watched the wedding too and i loved every second of it,,it's great to see something on sky news other than murders, crime and banks going bust and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

So having fallen off the wagon for the last couple weeks, yesterday was an A+ day (lots of water and exercise and within points). It's amazing how just one day back in control and on plan can make you feel so much better already, and not just weight wise!

Of course, checked out the wedding - Kate looked beautiful but lord there's not a pick on her or her sister, sooooo jealous!:D

Yeah - seriously, her sister mustn't have eaten anything for the past month!!
    They all look fab though - it's been a lovely day but I wish they kissed for a bit longer! :p

Oh God, I bought a packet of M&S White Chocolate Covered Strawberries which are DELICIOUS and only 1pp each but now I want to eat the whole pack (12PP). How can I stop myself when they are in my bag, under my desk at work? Aaarrrrrggghhhh!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Argh, having a bit of a crap day, well just a crap hour if I'm honest. Have been good so far, just back from a nice lunch only to find that there is now a MASSIVE tin of roses in the office - it is taking all of my willpower to resist them! :( I have the headache to end all headaches and I've just had a row on the phone with OH about doing the shopping of all things :(:( Thank god it's home time in 45 mins! I've loads to do as well this evening - gotta get back to Drogheda by 4, go to Lidl to do the shopping, go get my fringe cut, pick up my new glasses (yay!!!), pick up my race number for the 10K run on Sunday, go to Dunnes to finish the shopping and try and be in a coffee shop by 6pm so I can meet my friends for our bi-weekly get-together - I'm tired already :(:( I wish I could clone myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 candelbox

hi all, i've been following this thread for a few weeks now, very inspirational!

as the title suggests, i have a question about porridge!

in the shopping guide it says a medium bowl (30g), dried, has 1PP.
    but then it also says a 30g serving of oatmeal has 3 points.

I'm confused because i thought oatmeal/oats and porridge were the same thing, no?

so what's the difference?

i make my porridge on water and add a tiny bit of milk once it's been nuked, and now i'm really not sure how to point it!

candelbox wrote: »
    hi all, i've been following this thread for a few weeks now, very inspirational!

as the title suggests, i have a question about porridge!

in the shopping guide it says a medium bowl (30g), dried, has 1PP.
    but then it also says a 30g serving of oatmeal has 3 points.

I'm confused because i thought oatmeal/oats and porridge were the same thing, no?

so what's the difference?

i make my porridge on water and add a tiny bit of milk once it's been nuked, and now i'm really not sure how to point it!

Maybe one is cooked and one uncooked. The purple guide book says 3PP for 30g (dried) of porridge and the same for oatmeal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

It is official, I am not at goal until I look like Pippa Middleton, what a stunner! That is my ideal shape and look, loved it! Although she is slim, she has a curvy shape about her too. Ugghhh jealous head on me

fecking hell exhausted! been washing our golden retriever all morning! Cant very well have him looking rough if i'm going to be a dog grooming.

Starving! Tesco Fish Cakes and Aldi Medallions for lunch YUM!

These are so nice and so filling...and SO cheap €2.09 for 10

Tesco Cod Fishcakes! They are 50g each, they're cod and potato so really filling!

1 = 3pp
    2 = 5pp
    3 = 8pp

lil kc wrote: »
    It is official, I am not at goal until I look like Pippa Middleton, what a stunner! That is my ideal shape and look, loved it! Although she is slim, she has a curvy shape about her too. Ugghhh jealous head on me

Just like me :p when I was her age :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Where does it say that 2 eggs are 5pp? Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Motivation just arrived by post from Australia :D

Himself's mother just sent over a load of summer clothes I bought over there, Christmas 09, that I hadn't room to take back.

Some of them fit, others need just a little bit more to be okay.

There's a gorgeous bikini that has a tank top and a bikini top, but I only ever wore the tank top.

It's completely snapped me out of the mood I've been in the last few days, making me want to get back on the wagon with a vengeance!

Gorgeous clothes I *have* to get back into!

• Advertisement

milano's pizza half price in tesco!

i know a few of ye like those pizza :D they down to 2.49 :)

special offers in the meat section 3 or 9.00 offers (check website)

they have packets of pork chops, 600g normally 6.00

3 packets for 9.00! BARGAIN!

Each pork chop (grilled) with fat trimmed is only 4pp!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement