Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Lost 1lb yesterday not the best result for week 2 but its the only time i've ever lost weight two weeks in a row! So far i've lost 6 1/2lb not sure what my goal weight is just yet but i think if i lose another stone it be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

to ease the guilt of falling off the wagon i ate lots of free food today and have 9pp left, should i leave them alone or eat them? i'll be drinking tomorrow night and sun and have only 19 weeklies left...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Pembily wrote: »
    Where does it say that 2 eggs are 5pp? Thanks :D

I have it on my online tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hi everyone...

havnt been on in a few days... had my wi on tuesday and was down 2.5lbs:D delighted but i am really wanting my silver seven next week so 4lbs could be alot to ask for... hoping everyone is enjoying the fab weather:)... was stuck to tv this morning loved the wedding and how fab did kate and pippa look so jealous...

i tried the ww pepperoni pizza the other day very spicey for me but yummy so went to my nearest dunnes today as they have best ww selection and got the spicey chicken pizza, blueberry muffins which look amazing and the chocolate ones:) cant wait to try them.. has anyone and whats the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I don't care what the scales say to morrow! I know I've exercised and eaten well all week! I deserve a loss, but if i dont get it, so be it. I wasn't drinking and had no Easter eggs, if it doesn't show this week...i'm sure it'll show down the line as a HUGE loss one of these weeks coming.

Tomorrow start of a new week i have my whole weekend pre pointed. and I've groceries ordered on Tesco online to stock up on lots of good foods so cant use the excuse during my exams of being out of ww friendly goods!

Looking forward to my 1/2 pizza and wedges tomorrow night :D

Good luck with the studying (like me) this weekend for anyone starting exams on tuesday! I feel your pain!

• Advertisement

izzy24 wrote: »
    hi everyone...

havnt been on in a few days... had my wi on tuesday and was down 2.5lbs:D delighted but i am really wanting my silver seven next week so 4lbs could be alot to ask for... hoping everyone is enjoying the fab weather:)... was stuck to tv this morning loved the wedding and how fab did kate and pippa look so jealous...

i tried the ww pepperoni pizza the other day very spicey for me but yummy so went to my nearest dunnes today as they have best ww selection and got the spicey chicken pizza, blueberry muffins which look amazing and the chocolate ones:) cant wait to try them.. has anyone and whats the verdict?

dunnes are the main stockist in ireland for ww products

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hi all, feeling really good and really bad!!

First the bad:
    I can hardly put any weight on my right foot, if i step on the ball of my foot or put weight kinda on my instep(imagine steppin on a doorsaddle with the arch of your foot) then i get severe shoots of pain in my foot. People i have described this to seem to think i have a fallrn arch.either way, that my jogging /walking finished for a while

Now for the good
    Tomorrow im off to the rally of the lakes in Killarney normally this wud involve a breakfast roll, a hot chicken roll, crisps,copious amounts of coke,... However in the fridge downstairs is tuna and egg salad, 2ltr of water, there's some crackers on the table ready to go in the bag, joined by some apples:D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey haven't really been on much this week, but been reading it. I haven't had a great week, but haven't gone crazy either, just the same old problem with me, lack of planning.

I had been pretty good today, made a lovely egg mayo and brown bread for dinner, then bang I spot an Easter egg in press and demolished half of one, though I'm quite proud that I stopped at the half lol. I only went over my daily points by 4, so not too bad.

I'm working all weekend and I'm pretty glad I am, it will prevent me from letting the bank holiday madness go to my tummy!
    Oh and tried on a few tops yesterday
    in new look, which I know wouldn't have touched me a few months ago and they fit perfectly! Think my boobs are shrinking, my OH not impressed!

Anyway sorry for long winded post. Good luck to those with Wi tomorrow, lainey by the sounds of it not deserve a nice big loss!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

First the bad:
    I can hardly put any weight on my right foot, if i step on the ball of my foot or put weight kinda on my instep(imagine steppin on a doorsaddle with the arch of your foot) then i get severe shoots of pain in my foot. People i have described this to seem to think i have a fallrn arch.either way, that my jogging /walking finished for a while

Now for the good
    Tomorrow im off to the rally of the lakes in Killarney normally this wud involve a breakfast roll, a hot chicken roll, crisps,copious amounts of coke,... However in the fridge downstairs is tuna and egg salad, 2ltr of water, there's some crackers on the table ready to go in the bag, joined by some apples:D!!

I got fallen arches before, its not nice at all. I actually found the best thing to ease the pain was rolling up some toilet roll and putting it under your arch, and putting socks on to keep in place..

i'm actually tired tonight! was on the go all day :) So hopefully i'll sleep well tonight! and it'll be the start d of a more balanced week! when i dont sleep my whole world goes to hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Well that's the kick up the arse I needed gained 3lb this wk not sleeping right, stress of my mam back in hospital again is messin up my head but it's the start of a new wk and I'm off on my hols next wk so 1 more WI before I jet off, last big push this wk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Portion sizes, so I took out the scales last night wanted to check how much 60 grams of cooked rice was and not my normal guess!!! I was horrified:eek::( about a tablespoon sure thats not a propper portion my kids would eat twice that and it was 6 points as well :mad: so what I pointed at 6 last week was actually prob 13 :eek: holy crap not a happy bunny this morning I will be starving :D

I am breastfeeding a 7 week old so feel hungry all the time, although I know I dont need to eat tons and have been snacking on fruit lots of fruit ! need to make sure I stay in points or I wont get any were!

please tell me some one what portions size do you allow for rice, pasta etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Bah... Phone deleted my post :(

Baby75 try more protein instead, way more filling :D Also if you're on 29pp try 6pp of rice, it's actually very filling, you'll be shocked!?

GT - well done on the prep :D I would recommend going to a physios for exercises for your arches - mine are as flat as a pancake and I wear orthotics and do stretches to help!?

Best of luck Lainy!

I'm going to High Tea today and it's lots of eating so fingers crossed I don't blow it... Anyone know pp in gluten free bread?? Thanks

STS. but feck it i'm sure my good work will show up in a week or two on the scales.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    STS. but feck it i'm sure my good work will show up in a week or two on the scales.

That's such the right attitude to have lainy, I think sometimes we forget that this is a lifestyle change, and our bodies don't actually know they are getting weighed in on a particular day, if that makes any sense!

m'lady wrote: »
    That's such the right attitude to have lainy, I think sometimes we forget that this is a lifestyle change, and our bodies don't actually know they are getting weighed in on a particular day, if that makes any sense!

exactly...body and fat doesn't have a 7 day week. it might take extra few days for good work to show...might also take few days for bad work to show. Ce le Vie! the show must go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Well that's the kick up the arse I needed gained 3lb this wk not sleeping right, stress of my mam back in hospital again is messin up my head but it's the start of a new wk and I'm off on my hols next wk so 1 more WI before I jet off, last big push this wk

Same here Layla, though I really deserved it and happy only that amount of damage. I'm on big push too this week to try and take it down before I do more damage (that is were I fall down). Glad I went to WI now, at least I'm back on track. Looking forward to some healthy eating. Have to go for dinner out tomorrow night but will hold all my weekly points for that. It's actually (in a perverse kinda way) nice to be back trying to lose again rather than maintaining. Reminds you of the plan and makes you appreciate how far you've come.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Layla0509 wrote: »

Good luck for next week. At least going to your WI shows that your head is back in the right place. Hope your mams doing OK.
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Portion sizes, so I took out the scales last night wanted to check how much 60 grams of cooked rice was and not my normal guess!!! I was horrified:eek::( about a tablespoon sure thats not a propper portion my kids would eat twice that and it was 6 points as well :mad: so what I pointed at 6 last week was actually prob 13 :eek: holy crap not a happy bunny this morning I will be starving :D

I am breastfeeding a 7 week old so feel hungry all the time, although I know I dont need to eat tons and have been snacking on fruit lots of fruit ! need to make sure I stay in points or I wont get any were!

please tell me some one what portions size do you allow for rice, pasta etc

I find rice & pasta portions tiny now. I don't eat that much of them anymore. Potatoes give better value pointswise.

fofany wrote: »
    Good luck for next week. At least going to your WI shows that your head is back in the right place. Hope your mams doing OK.

I find rice & pasta portions tiny now. I don't eat that much of them anymore. Potatoes give better value pointswise.

And potatoes are so versitile! and pretty much go with anything! even if i do have a huge portion of rice....i find in a couple of hours i'm wondering whats in the press to eat! where with potatoes i would be STUFFED for the night!

from time to time i'll have a bit of rice and pasta if i've been too lazy to marinade and the meat. I wonder have i been eating too many potatoes tho. must try and mix things up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

My brother gives out if mom cooks rice on Saturday as it's no where near as filling as potato!

Lainy i've stopped weighing weekly as I was not seeing a change and sabbotaging (sp) myself! It will show up :D

Bit miffed as I only did 10k on the bike but I didn't wanna be late for today or too tired, I find 30k shatters me, i'll try 30k monday :D

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    My brother gives out if mom cooks rice on Saturday as it's no where near as filling as potato!

Lainy i've stopped weighing weekly as I was not seeing a change and sabbotaging (sp) myself! It will show up :D

Different things work for differnt people.

I find mixing in 50g of peas and corn (25g of each) REALLY bulk up rice,

like 50g of frozen corn is 1pp and 50g of frozen peas is 1pp, so i figure its okay to call a 50g mix of the both 1pp

60g dried rice = 5/6pp depending on brand, top the rice up with the 50g of peas and corn....it like doubles the portion in size for only 1 extra pp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Raging with myself, I used all my weeklies last night. Why do i do it. I was fine having a couple of drinks in my friends house and then a tin of roses came out, must of had about 10 and had a little slice of pizza too. Oh well I had a work out yesterday will do the same today and walk the legs off myself til Thursday. Just hate that feeling that I have nothing spare to dip into for the rest of my week :mad:

Every time I have rice I bulk it up with a load of vegetables and a stock cube, gives it a bit of flavour,as I find rice can be very bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i don't eat rice or pasta anymore as i find there not worth the points,,i have oven chips or potatoes,but not a lover of those either but really love noodles and have those everyday for lunch in a stir fry:) had 2 glasses of wine last night and snacked on frozen grapes,yummy so only used 10weeklies on wine:D forgot to add when i'm finished maintaining(this week is my last) i wont be weighing every week anymore as it's not accurate i'll be sticking to once a month that way it's more of a realistic loss or gain for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

First the bad:

Now for the good

I had fallen arches about 3 years ago. The pain is horrible. My friend is a physio so i didn't have to pay for a session, but one was all I needed. She gave me exercises to do to strengthen up the arch. Basically, I had to put a fat marker or a tea towel on to the ground and keep lifting it with my toes. I had to keep doing that for about a half hour each day and buy proper shoes with correct support (for me switching from cr@ppy penny's runners to asics and sticking support's into my shoes [just the ones from boots about €40]). I haven't looked back, but it did take about 2 or three weeks for it to make a difference. Good luck with it, I know how much you love your running!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

lil kc wrote: »
    Raging with myself, I used all my weeklies last night. Why do i do it. I was fine having a couple of drinks in my friends house and then a tin of roses came out, must of had about 10 and had a little slice of pizza too. Oh well I had a work out yesterday will do the same today and walk the legs off myself til Thursday. Just hate that feeling that I have nothing spare to dip into for the rest of my week :mad:

I had Roses too last night. I ate about 4 before I realised that I wasn't even enjoying them. Think I'll send the rest of the tin into my husband's work to get rid of them. My mother-in-law gave them to us for Easter. We still have about 20 Easter eggs though. I melted down 2 of them this morning & made chocolate rice krispie buns with the kids. They look so lovely. Might go & visit my brother & parents later & get rid of a whole lot of them. It's so gorgeous here today. I'm so jealous when I read about all of you who can get out for a walk while my husband's working until 11pm every day & I'm stuck here with the kids - one of them still covered in chicken pox. Just hope she clears up by Monday (and the other one doesn't come out in them before then) so we can fly to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I hadn't gotten into the exercise before this week, but I have to say I'm glad I eventually started.

I walked home from work on Tuesday (5.7k) and an extra walk on Wednesday (7.5k). Then on Thursday I started Tag Rugby and had my first training session. I took a break yesterday, but went for a jog this morning.

My weight loss has stopped the last few weeks due to my own fault and carelessness so I decided I had to introduce the exercise. I have a fairly hectic weekend, so I will be using the extra pp's this week, but I'm doing a month without alcohol from next week, so I will be saving them all up.

We WILL be sizzling for summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

My easter eggs are still here, have no urge to eat them,what has happened to me!:eek::rolleyes:

newbee22 wrote: »
    My easter eggs are still here, have no urge to eat them,what has happened to me!:eek::rolleyes:

maybe your taste buds have changed.

watching biggest loser, WOW its insane how different they all look....WOW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Hi!

I'm in week 1 of WW this week. Just wondering....do I need to eat all of my points every day?
    I have 37 points per day, plus my 49 weeklies. I ate the full 37 the first day, due to not having much low point stuff in my fridge.
    However on day 2 and 3 I only ate about 29/30 each day.
    I also still have all my weeklies left.

Should I be eating all of my points?

Also,...is the low calorie spray oil still the best for cooking food? And is it still zero points?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement