Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

evening all,
    havent been posting much but reading loads!
    I've just done one of jillian michaels work outs and man I'm wrecked!!! its really tough but I feel great, mainly because I could do it more than anything! stiffness starting to set in now...ouch
    I' ve had an ok week food wise......this is prob against WW code, but I've replaced oil and butter etc with coconut oil!!:eek: I dont use a whole lot, but half a tea spoon in my porraige is delish! might be useful for people who are having difficulty getting all their daily points in, its great in stir fry's too...i am careful to point it and it is high but its so good for you,and its lovely as a skin cream!!
    I'll let you know the results on the scales during the week!!!!

Is anyone doing the mini marathon in dublin next month???

Good luck to everyone doing exams, I have interviews for college this week and next week (mature student) so fingers crossed.
    Keep up the great work everyone...and FYI...I'd be lost without this forum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    anyone know the pp for frys turkish delight, the shiny purple foil?

If this nutritional value is correct it's 5pp

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/turkish-delight

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kashmir wrote: »
    Did you drive Fofany or fly?

We flew. My husband left us up to Belfast this morning. The problem with travelling alone with kids is that if one has to go to the toilet, then we all have to go & with all the luggage! And trying to carry everything & hold their hands! When we landed in Paris the taxi we always use was there to pick us up & bring us to our destination. He's an Irish guy & it was so nice to see him because he just took all the luggage, chatted to the girls & delivered everything into reception for me when we arrived because by then my 4 yr old had fallen asleep & I couldn't get her to wake up to get out of the taxi, so had to put up the buggy & wheel that as well! This is the first time I have taken the 2 of them abroad by myself & at Disney I will have the youngest in the buggy & the oldest holding on to it so I can't lose either one of them. But we'll have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    We flew. My husband left us up to Belfast this morning. The problem with travelling alone with kids is that if one has to go to the toilet, then we all have to go & with all the luggage! And trying to carry everything & hold their hands! When we landed in Paris the taxi we always use was there to pick us up & bring us to our destination. He's an Irish guy & it was so nice to see him because he just took all the luggage, chatted to the girls & delivered everything into reception for me when we arrived because by then my 4 yr old had fallen asleep & I couldn't get her to wake up to get out of the taxi, so had to put up the buggy & wheel that as well! This is the first time I have taken the 2 of them abroad by myself & at Disney I will have the youngest in the buggy & the oldest holding on to it so I can't lose either one of them. But we'll have a great time.

Fantastic, fair play to you.

iWatcher query. Guys, I know a few of you use the iWatcher app for iPhone, anyone using it for iPad? I am not sure if it's exactly the same. Few things don't seem to work or are missing, might not be as up to date yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oh how I don't envy people that have to be up early every day!

Have had a small bowl of porridge and 100ml 1% milk, and have an apple and a special k bar for after my exam, I'll be starving!

Good luck to everyone else with exams today, I have faith in ye :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

shanasue wrote: »
    Is anyone doing the mini marathon in dublin next month???

Yup, i'm doing it, for the first time ever :eek:

Good luck in your exams girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Oh how I don't envy people that have to be up early every day!

Have had a small bowl of porridge and 100ml 1% milk, and have an apple and a special k bar for after my exam, I'll be starving!

Good luck to everyone else with exams today, I have faith in ye :-)

my exam isnt until 1 today, but up at 7am today to make sure that i sleep properly tonight cos tomorrows exam is one the major ones! i'm ALWAYS starving when i come out of exams! thats another reason wanted to get up early....to kinda spread out my eating so i wouldnt be taking the leg off the table later!

Tesco delivery arrived yesterdat bang on time! I would totally recommend it to anyone! Especially if you dont drive! Like even if i walked to my local supermarket 2.5miles away along dangerous road and got taxi home with grocercies....getting them delivered by tesco still works out cheaper! and it cut out all impulse buying!

okay if anyone needs a giggle just to defuse some tension watch this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkdmsgkWoE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Wasn't on here all weekend and looks like it was very busy. Had an ok weekend, managed to use all my weeklies for the first time ever :)

Took part in the 10K race in Drogheda on Sunday - took me 62mins :( Really wanted to get it in under the hour and I mean I pushed myself, there was a moment when I thought I was going to vomit, I ran that fast! But it was worth it! I probably ruined all my efforts because I had a chicken burger & chips from the takeaway afterwards, but it was the nicest burger :) And the first time that I've had a chipper in months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

We went to Luigi Malones last night!! I had chicken wings, a big gorgeous steak AND profiteroles for dessert. And you know what? I enjoyed every mouthful :) WI tonight and I know I'll be up but that's ok. Tomorrow is a new week and I have nothing planned that can get in the way (touch wood) so hoping to get back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Fair play to you Shoelover, 62 mins was great work!

My OH weighed himself yesterday morning and he's down 4 pounds! And no pointing by him but I have been giving him the same dinner as me just in bigger portions and I've been making low fat versions of everything where possible but he did a couple of bottles of wine over the weekend. Mind you he could do with losing too. I haven't told him i am actually heavier than he is though!!! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Caros wrote: »

My OH weighed himself yesterday morning and he's down 4 pounds! And no pointing by him but I have been giving him the same dinner as me just in bigger portions and I've been making low fat versions of everything where possible but he did a couple of bottles of wine over the weekend. Mind you he could do with losing too. I haven't told him i am actually heavier than he is though!!! :eek::D

Men seem to be able to lose weight so much easier! When my ex and I did WW together last year, he'd have huge weight losses, like he lost 21lbs in the time it took me to lose 8!! And it's not like he even had a lot to lose, only about 2 stone altogether, whereas I had about 3 times that amount. We were eating the same stuff, and when we were bad, we were bad together. It was SO frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Wasn't on here all weekend and looks like it was very busy. Had an ok weekend, managed to use all my weeklies for the first time ever :)

Took part in the 10K race in Drogheda on Sunday - took me 62mins :( Really wanted to get it in under the hour and I mean I pushed myself, there was a moment when I thought I was going to vomit, I ran that fast! But it was worth it! I probably ruined all my efforts because I had a chicken burger & chips from the takeaway afterwards, but it was the nicest burger :) And the first time that I've had a chipper in months!

Well done 62 is brilliant:) I would be very proud of that

mine weighed himself on friday and he was down 7 pounds, same thing as he was eating lunches and dinners I was making for us, he comes home for lunch! but he is spured on now and wants to lose more, he has a bit to lose as well.

Well I am a bit fed up this morning, have done ok over the weekend stayed in points and have some weeklys left! yet my scales say I am up 1 pound I weghed my self in my PJ's so add on a little extra for clothes and shoes! if it stays the same I will have gained what I lost last week and some more on top as there is a pound in the difference in my scales and ww, ww always has me a pound more!
    this happened last time in WW it took me over 10 weeks to lose 3 pounds, I lose 2 put back on 1 lose half a pound put on 1 it was a nightmare I was exercising and tracking and eating right so disheartening I can tell you. I only stopped going when I got pregnant though. was determined to keep going no matter how long it took!
    feel the same this time but having a panic I will be at nothing this time again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

I just joined today for the first time in years and actually nearly fell off the scales when I saw my weight, I knew I'd put on a few pounds but turns out I've put on more than a stone!! :(

The new propoints system looks really healthy. Depressed with the weight I've put on put excited about it coming off!!! Can't wait to get started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

One down! The relief :) only 5 left but it's started so they'll fly through!

Bloody starving now, have my mousse and apple to eat now.

WI tonight, exam nerves seem to have transferred to that :)

Also, drinking a litre of water before/during the exam was so not the brightest idea I've ever had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Flurry wrote: »
    Yikes!!!

What have people found to be the best value noodles for pro points? I picked up some Blue Dragon ones, which I worked out to be 5 pp per nest. Each nest is definitely a lot less than I would've eaten before WW, but they are actually quite filling.

Also, does anyone know of some low pp stir-fry sauces? Are Blue Dragon ones the best? Or is it easy to make your own?

Oh, while I'm on the subject...any good options for curry sauces? Or is it just a case of using tinned tomatoes and curry powder (the actual spice, not a tub of McDonnells powder) to make my own 0pp version?

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to cooking! :o

Just catching up now after the weekend so sorry if this is late, but I love the Blue Dragon nest of noodles and they are only 5PP per nest. The Uncle Ben's Jar of Medium Curry sauce is delicious and only 10PP for the full jar - you would have plenty in half a jar for two people. You can freeze it too - sometimes my hubby and I would get three dinners (for 2) out of it - only 2PP each per dinner. Yum! :p

This week in Aldi ladies and gents - a set of 4 x 28g jars of pate - various flavours. Each jar is only 2PP and perfect for lunch on crackers - yum again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    just back for my ww meeting and in my first week i have lost 8.5 LB :eek:
    was not expecting that much of a loss because i was never hungry at all
    i used my 44 points everyday and used half of weeklys but never touched my activity points.That result has made me determined to work just as hard next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

harr wrote: »
    hi
    i used my 44 points everyday and used half of weeklys but never touched my activity points.That result has made me determined to work just as hard next week :)

Wow!! This is incredible!! Well done :)

hi

Well done, it's great to get things off to a good start on week one! Onwards and downwards hopefully! :p

hi

wow, that's a great result, very well done. It's great that it suits you. Keep it up but don't be disheartened if you don't have the same result next week.. It's a wonderful start.

• Advertisement

I've just realised how high in pro points pine nuts are!!! I just add them to salads automatically, have never pointed them. I suppose it made not too much of a difference when I was maintaining as I only really ate the same amount but I'm trying to lose the few lbs I put on over the last few weeks now and find that I've probably gone way over my weekly points and me thinking I was being SOOOO good :o.........ah well, at least they were good for me and so tasty when sazzing up a boring salad. 28g = 6pp!! Would a half a handful be 28g? God I'm useless...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

misslt wrote: »
    One down! The relief :) only 5 left but it's started so they'll fly through!

Bloody starving now, have my mousse and apple to eat now.

WI tonight, exam nerves seem to have transferred to that :)

Also, drinking a litre of water before/during the exam was so not the brightest idea I've ever had :)

Well done! Such a great feeling! Make sure you treat yourself tonight after the WI! Good luck!

I've just realised how high in pro points pine nuts are!!! I just add them to salads automatically, have never pointed them. I suppose it made not too much of a difference when I was maintaining as I only really ate the same amount but I'm trying to lose the few lbs I put on over the last few weeks now and find that I've probably gone way over my weekly points and me thinking I was being SOOOO good :o.........ah well, at least they were good for me and so tasty when sazzing up a boring salad. 28g = 6pp!! Would a half a handful be 28g? God I'm useless...;)

Dam, I hate making those horrible discoveries! Unsalted natural cashew nuts make a good subsitute for pine nuts. You can buy them in superquinn, I got a huge bag of them for about 5e but they have lasted me for ages. They are 10 nuts for 2pp, just be sure that they are the natural - unsalted and non-roasted type.... Enjoy!

Shoe Lover wrote: »

You so deserved that takeaway! Right it off as a treat! Welkl done on race!

Just wonering folks, on the day of your weigh in, do you eat much before your weigh in? Thanks j

The day i joined WW I went to the 12.15p.m. meeting and then last week I was able to go to the 9.15a.m. meet for my first WI and I didn't have anything to eat before I went there BUT this week I'll definitely be having a banana or something because by the time I got home I was STARVING and felt I overdid it on the breakfast points.
    boxoff wrote: »
    Just wonering folks, on the day of your weigh in, do you eat much before your weigh in? Thanks j

The day i joined WW I went to the 12.15p.m. meeting and then last week I was able to go to the 9.15a.m. meet for my first WI and I didn't have anything to eat before I went there BUT this week I'll definitely be having a banana or something because by the time I got home I was STARVING and felt I overdid it on the breakfast points.

Thanks for your reply, the morning is ideal because it seems that is the most accurate time to get your correct weight. I have to go to an evening meeting because of work , Id eat a light lunch and I always have an omellette dins on a monday, going now at 4.15pm meeting today, gona have a pack of weight watcher crackers and one triangle of laughing cow cheese. Here to hoping it wont effect my weight that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

just back for my ww meeting and in my first week i have lost 8.5 LB

Well done Harr, that's fantastic and a great start to your journey. I know it sounds like a bit of a dampner but don't be too upset if you put in as much effort this week but don't get as good a result. For some reason, only known to our bodies, some times people don't do as well as they expect in week 2.
    But it is great encouragement at the start. They say that 10lbs is a dress size, so hopefully over the next couple of week's you'll start to notice a difference in your clothes too.
    I've just realised how high in pro points pine nuts are!!!
    EEk....I hate when this happens! Especially when it's something you really like and use a lot. Nuts are letheal tho! To be really accurate you'd want to throw one of your handfuls on to the scale.
    I weigh in in the evening, so I have normal breakfast but light lunch. I would maybe just sip at a litre of water throughout the day, and I definately wouldn't drink for a couple of hours before WI.
    By the time my meeting finishes it's 7.30pm, and I would be quiet hungry. I find it really difficult to resist just picking up a takeaway on the way home, especially as supermacs is right across from my estate!

Best of luck to all those starting exams this week, I'm sure the healthy eating plans and the fact that you'll be weighing in over the course of your exams will stand to ye. But concentrate on the exams...there will be plenty of time to loose weight when their finished.

Just thinking about it now, I was the smallest I've ever been when I was doing my finals. I didn't feel like I was stressing, but I didn't sleep or eat right for about a month. I could get in and out of my jeans without opening the button. Now I have the opposite problem...trying to stop the button from bursting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

I have my second WI this evening and I'm kind of dreading it. I weighed in at 10am last week because of work and today I'm going to have to weigh in at 5.30pm. I'd expect not to see much of a change since I might have had a bit of a false loss last week.

Ah well, it's a marathon not a race I suppose!

• Advertisement

Dam, I hate making those horrible discoveries! Unsalted natural cashew nuts make a good subsitute for pine nuts. You can buy them in superquinn, I got a huge bag of them for about 5e but they have lasted me for ages. They are 10 nuts for 2pp, just be sure that they are the natural - unsalted and non-roasted type.... Enjoy!

Ah great, thanks Boxoff. I know the ones I actually prefer them to the salted/roasted ones. Funny, I avoid those thinking they are high points. The pine nuts are so small you don't even consider them food. I will get the natural cashews for salads now 1-2 pp I can live with, 6 just not worth it sorry pine nuts, don't care how good you are for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement