Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

boxoff wrote: »
    Just wonering folks, on the day of your weigh in, do you eat much before your weigh in? Thanks j

I WI at 6pm so have breakfast (bran flakes and 1/2 banana), 11am break (fruit and a WW yoghurt) and similar lunch most weeks, well similar PP most weeks (like a wrap, tuna/chicken salad or pitta and always with a packet of 2PP crisps).

I am usually starving by the time the meeting is over and it is very hard to resist the chipper or pizza hut accross from the meeting (I have succumbed quite a few times).

Would love a morning WI to get it out of the way but I like to stay for the meeting which wouldn't be possible with work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

kashmir wrote: »
    Ah great, thanks Boxoff. I know the ones I actually prefer them to the salted/roasted ones. Funny, I avoid those thinking they are high points. The pine nuts are so small you don't even consider them food. I will get the natural cashews for salads now 1-2 pp I can live with, 6 just not worth it sorry pine nuts, don't care how good you are for me.

They are delicious in a salad - its 2pp for 10 nuts, sometimes if im makn a big salad with chicken or something that will be my main dins, I half the nuts so you have 20 pieces, just seems like alot more when your eating it! Enjoy!

Monife wrote: »
    I WI at 6pm so have breakfast (bran flakes and 1/2 banana), 11am break (fruit and a WW yoghurt) and similar lunch most weeks, well similar PP most weeks (like a wrap, tuna/chicken salad or pitta and always with a packet of 2PP crisps).

I am usually starving by the time the meeting is over and it is very hard to resist the chipper or pizza hut accross from the meeting (I have succumbed quite a few times).

Would love a morning WI to get it out of the way but I like to stay for the meeting which wouldn't be possible with work.

Id love to go to a morning meeting! Same with work for myself, think its very important to stay for the meeting so guess it has to be the afternoon. Have you tried the WW crisps they are selling at the meetings? They are 2pp - Oh my! I love them! Think you get more in the bag compared to velevet crunch etc - gona stock up today for the rest of the week! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Here is a documentary I think a lot of people here would find interesting.

It explains why the sugar that is fructose(which is consumed far too much in our diets today) is the main cause of obesity and not excess consumption of fat.

kildareash wrote: »
    Well done Harr, that's fantastic and a great start to your journey. I know it sounds like a bit of a dampner but don't be too upset if you put in as much effort this week but don't get as good a result. For some reason, only known to our bodies, some times people don't do as well as they expect in week 2.
    But it is great encouragement at the start. They say that 10lbs is a dress size, so hopefully over the next couple of week's you'll start to notice a difference in your clothes too.

EEk....I hate when this happens! Especially when it's something you really like and use a lot. Nuts are letheal tho! To be really accurate you'd want to throw one of your handfuls on to the scale.

I weigh in in the evening, so I have normal breakfast but light lunch. I would maybe just sip at a litre of water throughout the day, and I definately wouldn't drink for a couple of hours before WI.
    By the time my meeting finishes it's 7.30pm, and I would be quiet hungry. I find it really difficult to resist just picking up a takeaway on the way home, especially as supermacs is right across from my estate!

Best of luck to all those starting exams this week, I'm sure the healthy eating plans and the fact that you'll be weighing in over the course of your exams will stand to ye. But concentrate on the exams...there will be plenty of time to loose weight when their finished.

Just thinking about it now, I was the smallest I've ever been when I was doing my finals. I didn't feel like I was stressing, but I didn't sleep or eat right for about a month. I could get in and out of my jeans without opening the button. Now I have the opposite problem...trying to stop the button from bursting :pac:

Thanks for your reply Kildareash - supermacs is just 2minsfrom my WW meeting and have been tempted many times to swing by on the way home - picturing myself in a bikini on hols in july is keeping my focused! haha. Id have a similar eating pattern to yourself and Monife before meetings, was jus wondering was this the norm. Couldnt go a tough day at work starving myself, plus the weigh in wouldnt exactly be accurate if I did! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

You so deserved that takeaway! Right it off as a treat! Welkl done on race!

Thanks Boxoff! It was delicious! I think the man from the paper got a photo of me crossing the finish line. Hope it is not in the paper tomorrow because my face was PUCE. The Mayor was at the line to congratulate ppl & I think he thought I was going to faint on him, he kept patting my arm and saying "it's ok, it's over now" :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Username SW Wk1 WK2 % Overall

jackmax 164.5 -3 -3.5 -3.95
    Bubbaloo 189.5 -2.5 -5 -3.95
    bulmersgirl 151.5 -5.5 -1 -3.63
    Misslt 199 -1.5 -4 -2.76
    Layla0509 221 -7 1 -2.71
    tattoo86 200 0.5 -5.5 -2.5
    Aspie_mum 204.5 -4 -0.5 -2.2
    GT_TDI_150 218.5 -3.5 2.5 -0.457
    fofany 160.5 1.5 -2 -0.31
    rachelryan29 130 -1.5 1.5 0
    Eircom Sucks 282 -6 6.5 0.17
    Onnie 148.5 -1 2 0.67
    Millieboo 167 0 2 1.19

Thought starting weights were being removed?
    Anyway - last on the table hahaha how depressing, thought this was going to motivate me lols, well done to everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

weigh in at 5 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Thanks Boxoff! It was delicious! I think the man from the paper got a photo of me crossing the finish line. Hope it is not in the paper tomorrow because my face was PUCE. The Mayor was at the line to congratulate ppl & I think he thought I was going to faint on him, he kept patting my arm and saying "it's ok, it's over now" :P:P:P

Well if you can't have a chipper after an achievement like that, when the hell can you? Very well done, we are so proud of you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

am i the only one that had a horrible weekend?
    I dont even dare go back and read all the posts since friday.. i'll be so devastated if everybody was good but me!!
    I fell of the wagon BIG TIME!!!
    like i had my healthy/conscious meals most of the times.. except for dinner-saturday (king prawn chow main from take away) and breakfast-sunday (fry) then that day didnt have lunch.. was not even hungry.. and had a potato and tuna salad for dinner..
    But i've been drinking a good bit and i have been snacking on evything and anything.. :eek:
    I'm so disappointed with myself.. and i feel horrible today.. seriously.. like bloated and full.. and in a rotten mood!!! :mad:
    It's the kind of fall out that i know it has been my breaking point in previous attempts to lose weight.. have to cope on!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Help! I have re-found my love of cheese!! Have already had 10PP worth by just picking at it (Dubliner Light Cheese Slices) and it is calling me from the fridge. Am starving today (Tuesday - 1st day back at work - Blues) and only have enough PP left for dinner (no weeklies or activity points) and know I am going to want something else later :(

Why do I always sabotage myself so close to WI?

These last few weeks have felt like such a waste of time, weightwatcher/weight losing wise. Can't wait to have a few weekends with nothing planned so I can try and be good. Think a trip to the cinema is in order this weekend (will get me one night off the drink hopefully, so then will just have one night with a few drinks with the OH) and treat myself to a medium popcorn (12/13PP right?).

Hope the exams went well today girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

survived day one.....the cat may not tho....the fecking b*tch woke me at 5am!
    So far so good i'm within my dailies....breakfast 7pp Break 7pp Lunch 10pp Dinner 14pp Coffee 2pp, Evening snack 4pp

43pp scheduled thru out the day....im too fecking tired to even think about cooking :( but i know i'll just end up eating a loaf of bread if i dont eat a proper dinner....i think i'm gone slightly mad in the head today...i was singing songs in my head during the exam today LMAO that nursery rymthe guy from britians got talent....If your happy and you know CLAP YOUR HANDS....

Also got my new Android phone! Got a kick ass app for like 2.21 euro. tracks weeklies, activities, dailies, weight loss, you can scan in the barcode of foods.....lets see if i can find the name of it....this phone is like futuristic insanely cool!

WWPoints Diary .i'm just way too tired to set it up today. i'll set it up on saturday and start fresh then as its my WI day.

https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.md2.android.wwpoints

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Great to hear exams went ok for ye! As for the poor cat, ah sur the poor little chap only wanted a cuddle or something! (I'm a furbaby Mom!!! :rolleyes:)

Had a scrummy dinner this eve of freshly caught (by my OH's sister) Sea Bass, baked in the oven with potatoes, tomatoes, fennel, peppers, garlic, saffron, oregano, olive oil and veg stock. So delish, pointed my portion up at 7 points. And in a bit later I'm going to have rhubarb with an oatmeal crumble sweetened with abit of splenda. 3 points for this. And simply delicious! Really loving adapting my usual recipes to more WW friendly ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Yayyyy I was down 1.5lb :D

Got my third silver 7.

Happy days :) Lainy, hope the exam went well!

Monife keep at it, you know you can do it :) as you say some weekends with nothing planned will get you back on track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Millieboo wrote: »
    Thought starting weights were being removed?
    Anyway - last on the table hahaha how depressing, thought this was going to motivate me lols, well done to everyone else :)

Don't dwell too much on it. I was bottom last week. Onwards & upwards (up the table that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well had wi this evening, stayed same :( bit disappointed cos I am only a pound away from my stone. Anyway think I better up the ante this week to get it next week!

Well done to all the losses and for those who didn't lose,keep it up. Hope the first day of exams went well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

"And in a bit later I'm going to have rhubarb with an oatmeal crumble sweetened with abit of splenda. 3 points for this. And simply delicious!"

This sounds like its just up my street! Is it just oatmeal and spenda or have you added something else to the crumble?

I'm desperate for ideas, I was up .5lb today and even though its not too much I was up 1lb week. I'm only 3lb away from goal and it just seems to be slipping further and further away. I'm still weighing my food, drinking my water, tracking, excercising and desperate! HELP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

4pp left...too tired to eat....too tired to stay up....i either have a nervous knot about exams or gas! too tired to fart maybe? Oi!

i should be studying...tho i'm kinda okay about tomorrows exam...but instead i'm trying to plan tomorrows menu

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

fionas046 wrote: »
    "And in a bit later I'm going to have rhubarb with an oatmeal crumble sweetened with abit of splenda. 3 points for this. And simply delicious!"

This sounds like its just up my street! Is it just oatmeal and spenda or have you added something else to the crumble?

I'm desperate for ideas, I was up .5lb today and even though its not too much I was up 1lb week. I'm only 3lb away from goal and it just seems to be slipping further and further away. I'm still weighing my food, drinking my water, tracking, excercising and desperate! HELP!!

Fiona, I forgot to mention I mixed a couple of teaspoons of low fat spread with the oatmeal and the splenda. I made them in a couple of ramekins, easier for portion control! It was lovely, OH had a scoop of icecream with his but I had mine as it was as was. Cleaned out the freeezer yesterday to make room for lots of sea bass we got and discovered the forgotten rhubarb so decided to make something with it and this was the best I could think of at short notice this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Thanks Caros, Will defo give this a go, I've only recently discovered Rhubarb and I'm loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How many pro points is a cadbury's creme egg please?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

A creme egg is 5ppts as far as I can remember don't have my book 2 hand but I was mildly addicted to them at the beginning of WW!:D

Lost 6 pounds! Wahooo!

Really want to keep myself on the straight and narrow for my hols - only 60days to go!

Im considering treating myself to some microwave popcorn tonight, its lethal in points isnt it??

markievicz wrote: »
    A creme egg is 5ppts as far as I can remember don't have my book 2 hand but I was mildly addicted to them at the beginning of WW!:D

Yup there 5 pp! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Im considering treating myself to some microwave popcorn tonight, its lethal in points isnt it??

the popz sachets are 16 per sachet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Had my first weigh-in...and I'm down 5.5lbs.

Delighted!

Monife wrote: »
    Help! I have re-found my love of cheese!! Have already had 10PP worth by just picking at it (Dubliner Light Cheese Slices) and it is calling me from the fridge. Am starving today (Tuesday - 1st day back at work - Blues) and only have enough PP left for dinner (no weeklies or activity points) and know I am going to want something else later :(

Why do I always sabotage myself so close to WI?

These last few weeks have felt like such a waste of time, weightwatcher/weight losing wise. Can't wait to have a few weekends with nothing planned so I can try and be good. Think a trip to the cinema is in order this weekend (will get me one night off the drink hopefully, so then will just have one night with a few drinks with the OH) and treat myself to a medium popcorn (12/13PP right?).

Hope the exams went well today girls!

Monife, I love cheese, altho its lethal! Try getting a box of weight watcher oat and wheat crackers (honestly there okay, not a fan of WW products myself) and have 2 laughing cow low triangles on the four crackers in each pack. Thats 1pp for the 4 crackers and 1 pp for each of the cheese triangles - so 3pp in total) Oh My! Its a delicious snack :) Im thinking of a bit of microwave popcorn here - that stil lethal isnt?

misslt wrote: »
    the popz sachets are 16 per sachet!

YIKES! Ive a massive craving for popcorn but not that much! awww

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

down 2 lbs at this weeks weigh in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

really anxious for tomorrow's weigh in. I was up .5 last week but i have been very good this week and started exercising. I really really hope i will be down a good bit. T minus 16 hours!!!!!!!

Well done everyone on the losses so far and good luck to you poor exam people, i don't envy you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement