Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Monife, thank you so much for that Meatball Pasta Bake recipe. Made it last night for myself and the OH and we both loved it. I'll have it for my lunch today in work too and I'm actually really looking forward to it! :P

I have the class tracker this week so I'm hoping this will keep me on the straight and narrow. Curious to see what being really good will do for me. My body seems to be in reverse :/

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chinafoot, what's the class tracker?

Chinafoot, what's the class tracker?

You know those 12 week tracker journals you can buy at the meetings? Well our leader asks someone to take it each week. People in my class have found it really beneficial because there's a sense of accountability. You know that someone else is going to read it :)

Chinafoot wrote: »
    You know those 12 week tracker journals you can buy at the meetings? Well our leader asks someone to take it each week. People in my class have found it really beneficial because there's a sense of accountability. You know that someone else is going to read it :)

Oooh pressure! I wonder how many people cheat on it a lil bit :D

Oooh pressure! I wonder how many people cheat on it a lil bit :D

Hehe, yeah I'm hoping I can be honest! I suppose at the end of the week lying to yourself will appear on the scales :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Thats a really good idea!

Up the walls with studying, I've just discovered I can't 'interpolate' (no, I don't know either) which is a big part of three topics.

Had two chicken sausages and a scrambled egg for breakfast this morning, I'm still full and that was nearly 4 hours ago.

Making a chicken and broccoli pasta bake for dinner, haven't pointed it yet but it should be fair enough for dinner, I'll have it with more steamed veg.

Going to measure my portions and track 110% this week, was a bit sloppy last week and even though I lost I'd say it was a bit of a fluke.

Only 2.5lb to my 10% goal, want to get that in the next two weeks :)

I like setting these mini goals for myself, it makes me work harder :)

misslt wrote: »

Only 2.5lb to my 10% goal, want to get that in the next two weeks :)

I like setting these mini goals for myself, it makes me work harder :)

Yeah I'm 4.5 lbs off my 3rd silver 7 so hoping I can get that in the next 3 weeks.

Hope the study goes ok today and I'll have my trackies with me in work if you fancy a walk later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Yeah I'm 4.5 lbs off my 3rd silver 7 so hoping I can get that in the next 3 weeks.

Hope the study goes ok today and I'll have my trackies with me in work if you fancy a walk later :)

Yeah I will - I'll meet you when you finish work!

Hehe, yeah I'm hoping I can be honest! I suppose at the end of the week lying to yourself will appear on the scales :P

It's a great idea actually. Kinda forces you to have a good week! I wonder do many leaders do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Nervous about WI tomorrow...

I was up by 3.5 last week which I think I can attribute to a false low the week prior due to bad dehydration the morning I weighed in, but if my loss is low again I will be seriously dissapointed.

If I ignore the 4LBS lost under dehydration and the 3.5 put on the next week, I,ve lost less than 2LBS in 4 weeks?!:rolleyes:

I'vehad to park the running/walking for the last wek or so, feet/legs killing me.
    The one positive is that I was able to(just) stick to my dailies and weeklies.

Once Biggest looser finishes ...22:45..i'm off to bed, to get some vital sleep!!

fingers crossed for tomorrow!

woohoo ... 2.5LBS down!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

I'm so nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I lost 8lbs in 4 wks but due to being on hols I missed it last week. I was really bold on holidays, I tried to pick healthy options and avoided chips/burgers/chocolate etc but I had 3 nights of drinking. I know that for the first time I'm gonna be up, I just hope its only a pound or 2. I've walked 12k in the last 3 days and am drinking tonnes of water, hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Excellent!

velleity wrote: »
    I wonder if WW charge us so much because they know otherwise we might waste that money on chocolate and biscuits and pizza.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Don't know how I managed not to binge on food last night but I didn't :D Was wrecked after my exam and really wanted handy fast food but I still cooked an omlette for dinner.

Lainy my mum got the digital scales you use but it shows up a different figure if you move it even slightly. It's kinda hard to tell which is right.

Well done on all the losses seems like a good week for most. Hopefully I'll be joining ye tonight. And to those who were up keep at it :)

I just had a chocolate muffin :O i caved! came out of exam and my stomach was roaring at me! it had no wrapping on it, i'm going to call it 12pp! was so not worth it....still actually hungery! put it down to exam craziness!

I have five days until my next big exam so i can be good (i hope) i have my aunts 60th this weekend! going to try and eat my dinner before going to the party so i wont be starving and pig out on home made spanish omlette...made by my spanish cousin...with real spanish potatoes....that she got in SPAIN!

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

oat wrote: »
    I'm so nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I lost 8lbs in 4 wks but due to being on hols I missed it last week. I was really bold on holidays, I tried to pick healthy options and avoided chips/burgers/chocolate etc but I had 3 nights of drinking. I know that for the first time I'm gonna be up, I just hope its only a pound or 2. I've walked 12k in the last 3 days and am drinking tonnes of water, hope it helps

Oh good luck! Souds like you are trying to make up!

That's what is kind of putting me off weight watchers- is it really scary doing a weigh in? If you are up do they shame you?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I just had a chocolate muffin :O i caved! came out of exam and my stomach was roaring at me! it had no wrapping on it, i'm going to call it 12pp! was so not worth it....still actually hungery! put it down to exam craziness!

I have five days until my next big exam so i can be good (i hope) i have my aunts 60th this weekend! going to try and eat my dinner before going to the party so i wont be starving and pig out on home made spanish omlette...made by my spanish cousin...with real spanish potatoes....that she got in SPAIN!

you got me drooling there.. i'm spanish myself.. LOVE spanish omelette.. i never make it myself tho.. too much oil :( but a small portion shouldnt be too bad.. sure it couldnt.. could it?? :rolleyes:

amira wrote: »
    you got me drooling there.. i'm spanish myself.. LOVE spanish omelette.. i never make it myself tho.. too much oil :( but a small portion shouldnt be too bad.. sure it couldnt.. could it?? :rolleyes:

I dont even want to know what goes into it! Its devine....i'd cry if i knew how how many pp it could be!

That's what is kind of putting me off weight watchers- is it really scary doing a weigh in? If you are up do they shame you?

Oh not at all, they are VERYrespectful! (well the good leaders are)

All the leaders have to be ppl who have done ww them selves to lose weight...so they know exactly how it feels to be on the scales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Made this for the dinner on Monday - it was gorgeous & so filling :D

Servings | 4
    Estimated ProPoints® value per serving | 14

Ingredients:
    4 Chicken Breasts cubed
    2 tbspn Olive Oil
    1 Onion chopped
    5 Garlic cloves crushed
    3 Carrots sliced
    2 Celery sticks sliced
    2 tbspn Lime Juice
    750ml Chicken Stock
    4 tbspn Half Fat Creme Fraiche

Lime Sauce:
    1 tbspn Lime Juice
    1 tspn Coriander
    1/2 tspn Grated Ginger
    1/2 tspn Cinnamon
    1/2 tspn Turmeric
    1/2 tspn Black Pepper
    large pinch of salt

Raisin Couscous:
    280ml Chicken Stock
    200g Wholemeal Couscous
    50g Raisins
    2 tbspn low fat spread
    1/4 tspn nutmeg
    1/4 tspn cinnamon

Method:
    1. Marinade chicken in the lime sauce for a couple of hours.
    2. Heat Oven to 190c (170c fan oven) In a large oven proof casserole dish Fry Onions, carrots and celery in oil until onions start to soften, add garlic and chicken in marinade and fry for a few minutes until chicken is sealed.
    3. Add stock and bring to boil.
    4. Transfer un-covered to oven and cook for 45mins.
    5. Bring back to hob, and over a low heat stir in Creme Fraiche and slowly bring to bubbling.

For the Couscous:
    1. Put couscous in a bowl, pour over boiling chicken stock, cover and leave for 5mins or until couscous has absorbed all the stock,
    2. In a saucepan melt low fat spread over a low heat, add couscous, raisins and spices and heat through.

Serve with chicken and enjoy :-)

Note: My sauce was quite runny, even when I added in the creme fraiche, but the couscous soaked it right up and it was even nicer then!

Mix 1 teaspoon of white flour and lil bit of water in a cup, beat the crap out of it to create a roux, (thickening agent) stir that into sauces to thicken them.

I do it when making green curry or peppercorn sauce. PERFECT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Well I hope they are broken because they show me as up nearly a stone..........I know i was bad for the last week but a stone that surley cant be right... oh please God let it be not so. offical WI tomorrow so am detoxing as much as possible today

Still its not every weekend your parents celebrate 50 years of marraige and you bring your son to Mecca (Thomond Park) for the first time.........

I must say the people who did the food for the party make a great Vol Au Vent's and quiche:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks to markievicz for telling me they are 5 pps each. I can't find my original post or your reply! Its so hard to find my way round this site. I just know you replied cos I got an email.

I was up 3 lbs this week after a good run of loosing since Christmas. Back to the grindstone now. The rainy weather doesn't help with the walking does it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

quick question but on the calculator wheel when working out pp do you use the total fat over all or saturated fats :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

The total fat.

aspie mum wrote: »
    Well I hope they are broken because they show me as up nearly a stone..........I know i was bad for the last week but a stone that surley cant be right... oh please God let it be not so. offical WI tomorrow so am detoxing as much as possible today

Still its not every weekend your parents celebrate 50 years of marraige and you bring your son to Mecca (Thomond Park) for the first time.........

I must say the people who did the food for the party make a great Vol Au Vent's and quiche:pac::pac::pac::pac:

that cant be right surely a stone in a week?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

No its not that, my leader is really nice. I'll just be really annoyed with myself after all my hard work the first 4 weeks. I'm always on such a high after a loss

well done:)
    happyday wrote: »
    The total fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

As of tomorrow I'm doing the no track thingy... The daily points just isn't working for me, I've too much leeway on junk food! Is anyone else doing it?? I'll still track everything goin into my mouth but won't daily point! It worked 5 years ago!?

Pembily wrote: »
    As of tomorrow I'm doing the no track thingy... The daily points just isn't working for me, I've too much leeway on junk food! Is anyone else doing it?? I'll still track everything goin into my mouth but won't daily point! It worked 5 years ago!?

It worked for me before, Im doing the pro points this time though, good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone,
    had a bit of a health scare last night, but as it turns out it will probably be positive for my weight loss!
    I have been feeling bad on and off for a few weeks, I thought it was all digestion related as I had been suffering from constipation.
    However, it all came to a head last night. My boyfriend's parents had cooked me a lovely meal for my birthday. We were just having a cup of tea after the meal when all of a sudden I got this violent pain.
    I'd had similar over the last few weeks, but this was a lot worse, so after an hour I decided to go to the emergency doc on call.
    They think I have gallstones (at 28!:eek::eek:). But there is a history in the family, and I suppose with my weight I was more at risk.
    Have appt with GP tomorrow because I will need to be referred for scan and so on to confirm it.
    have to take four different tablets for pain, incase there's an infection etc
    Fatty foods is one thing that can trigger an attack, so I'll have to be super strict now because I don't want to feel how I felt last night for along time again.

Sorry for long post, feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
    Well done to all this weeks losers, and glad the poor students among us are getting through their exams. At least the weather has changed now, will make it easier to study.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement